Official Disney Movie Club Thread

rbenns2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Blu-ray.com (http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740) does a good job laying out the in depth stuff, but the discussions there get pretty long-winded, and often focus more around technical issues than deals that can be had. I can see some good deals slipping through the cracks. It would be nice to have one place where all the codes, current and upcoming sales, and especially unadvertised discounts could be easily sifted through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange, the deal I got offered was Muppet Treasure Island/Muppet Caper 2 pack, Muppets, then the third option (Monsters U or Muppet Original).  4 movies for $45 if you add on the third or 3 for $30.

The miyazaki films that are coming up seem to be available to members. Anyone ordered them?
Thanks for the heads up. They didn't have them when I checked a few days ago. $65 for all three is a definite buy.

How much do the movies cost through this? I was thinking about signing up if I could get Mononoke and Kiki's Delivery Service.
Usually titles are in the $30 range, but there's always a special (40-60% off, or the holy grail, buy 2 get 1 free), so you can get them much cheaper. The best deal is joining the club, you get 7 movies (excludes 3-D, multipacks, and TV series) for around $22, with a commitment to buy 2 more at regular price (B2 G1 counts as 2 commitments, as long as the 2 paid aren't additionally on sale). However, it can take up to 90 days for a title to become eligible for enrollment after its official release, so these films won't be available for that offer until mid Feb., but you'll save a ton if you wait. I'm going to.

Usually titles are in the $30 range, but there's always a special (40-60% off, or the holy grail, buy 2 get 1 free), so you can get them much cheaper. The best deal is joining the club, you get 7 movies (excludes 3-D, multipacks, and TV series) for around $22, with a commitment to buy 2 more at regular price (B2 G1 counts as 2 commitments, as long as the 2 paid aren't additionally on sale). However, it can take up to 90 days for a title to become eligible for enrollment after its official release, so these films won't be available for that offer until mid Feb., but you'll save a ton if you wait. I'm going to.
I joined yesterday but I don't know if I can wait for those two to hit enrollment status. Are the enrollment titles just the ones you can get for potentially $1 or are they movies that count toward the 3 you have to get at MSRP?

Commitment titles after your initial sign up have to be MSRP, hence why most people just use the Featured Title to get those.

EDIT: Also, Star Wars Clone Wars Season 6 is on the DMC.

Commitment titles after your initial sign up have to be MSRP, hence why most people just use the Featured Title to get those.

EDIT: Also, Star Wars Clone Wars Season 6 is on the DMC.
Is there a time period for a released Disney movie to become a commitment title? Is it just the standard release date?

Is there a time period for a released Disney movie to become a commitment title? Is it just the standard release date?
Any movie that's $29.99 or above AND is not on sale (unless it specifically says it counts, such as Featured Titles) counts as a commitment, regardless of release date. Enrollment titles (the ones you get 7 for $22) vary, ranging from on or close to the release date (such as Mary Poppins and Saving Mr. Banks) to as many as 90 days after release (mainly for Diamond Editions and other big, popular titles).

Any movie that's $29.99 or above AND is not on sale (unless it specifically says it counts, such as Featured Titles) counts as a commitment, regardless of release date. Enrollment titles (the ones you get 7 for $22) vary, ranging from on or close to the release date (such as Mary Poppins and Saving Mr. Banks) to as many as 90 days after release (mainly for Diamond Editions and other big, popular titles).
Thank you so much, cleared up all my concerns.

I'm shocked no one mentioned that Disney Anytime app is out for Android and when you link it to iTunes or google play, you get Wreck it Ralph free

I'm shocked no one mentioned that Disney Anytime app is out for Android and when you link it to iTunes or google play, you get Wreck it Ralph free
just completed this great deal, now I have a bunch of disney movies in my itunes and google accounts.

I'm in the same boat as gatordeve86 and wondering the same thing. Just received Sleeping Beauty as my final commitment title. I see that the account gets bumped to VIP status but I assume it's not really that good because everybody quits and starts over.

VIP is ok. You get an additional 10% off when they do the buy 1 get 1 40% or 50% off. But yah it doesn't beat 7 movies for roughly $20.

I am signing up for my second go around.

I have the complet DMC list of titles. When I call are there any titles that are off limits to starting a membership (other than 3D obviously)?

I am signing up for my second go around.

I have the complet DMC list of titles. When I call are there any titles that are off limits to starting a membership (other than 3D obviously)?
Newer (less than 90 days) releases, BDs with digital copies that also have versions without (the without version should work), TV shows, multipacks, and occasional oddities that are ineligible for no reason whatsoever (like Castle in the sky). Sone have had luck getting these through anyway, so you could try, though they're strcter on it now.

I really hope I don't have to wait 90 days to get the new Ghibli blu rays. I signed up last year and got all the others, I almost spent 2-3x as much on Amazon to get them. Would be awesome if I could do it again in time for christmas.

I really hope I don't have to wait 90 days to get the new Ghibli blu rays. I signed up last year and got all the others, I almost spent 2-3x as much on Amazon to get them. Would be awesome if I could do it again in time for christmas.
Tell me about it - I spend at least a hundred or two more than this club would have cost me. As far as the time frame for eligibility, 90 days has, thus far, been the maximum, and those are usually the big titles, like Diamond Editions. Lesser titles might not take that long, and really unpopular titles, like The Lone Ranger and Saving Mr. Banks become eligible almost immediately. I'm not sure where they rank Ghibli films in this hierarchy, but it's HIGHLY doubtful they'll be eligible in time for Christmas, but I could be mistaken.

I lucked out. I called my order in with the catalog item numbers and they let me get all three new Studio Ghibli movies with my enrollment. The guy was super nice and I couldn't have been on the phone longer than 5 minutes.

Tell me about it - I spend at least a hundred or two more than this club would have cost me. As far as the time frame for eligibility, 90 days has, thus far, been the maximum, and those are usually the big titles, like Diamond Editions. Lesser titles might not take that long, and really unpopular titles, like The Lone Ranger and Saving Mr. Banks become eligible almost immediately. I'm not sure where they rank Ghibli films in this hierarchy, but it's HIGHLY doubtful they'll be eligible in time for Christmas, but I could be mistaken.

I'm sorry I do not understand how are ya getting 7 movies for 20? I have never signed up for this but when I try it let's me get 4 movies for $1 then a 5th for $14 and last a 6th for $9.99. So what am I missing

[quote name="Gurren Lagann" post="12253661" timestamp="1416447974"]Got it I just placed the order online and got 7 studio Ghibli films including the 3 new releases. I am so excited right now :)[/quote]

How did you add them online?

How did you add them online?
You can't. Disney must have fixed their site, as right now they're members only and not eligible for enrollments, though calling in person will sometimes allow you access to movies you can't get online.

I need to cancel again and rejoin for the third time. What's a good amount of time between a cancel and a rejoin?
The longer the better, 48-72 hours is what most report. Ideally, if you wait until you get an official notification of cancellation, you shouldn't have any trouble.

I don't know how you guys got them to give you the newer movies, I called 4 different times last night and they wouldn't give me anything that's new or 3D.

I don't know how you guys got them to give you the newer movies, I called 4 different times last night and they wouldn't give me anything that's new or 3D.
Luck - I've made two runs and not had much of it either, except for Castle in the Sky (which is ineligible for no reason whatsoever). It apparently used to be easy, but they've begun cracking down on 3-Ds, TV seasons, multipacks, and new releases, yet there are still people who manage to get them through. I don't bother anymore - I use 3-D and TV shows to fulfill my commitments.

I'm new to this program, so I'm not sure what's considered a good offer or not yet. My current offer (which expires on the 8th) is buy one movie at full price and every movie after that is 50% off. Is this a deal I should take advantage of, or do better ones come along more often? Thanks!

The one movie you buy at full price ($29.99) will be the only one that counts towards commitment titles.
I actually only need one more to fulfill my commitment, so that would be perfect. I didn't even know that would count in all honesty, so thanks for the heads up on that! I'm just basically trying to complete my Studio Ghibli collection!

New Featured Title. Guardians of the Galaxy with Oz: The Great and Powerful as the Optional Title. VIP discount is 50%.

I actually only need one more to fulfill my commitment, so that would be perfect. I didn't even know that would count in all honesty, so thanks for the heads up on that! I'm just basically trying to complete my Studio Ghibli collection!
If you planning on re-enroll after you complete your commitments, then 50% is not that good. Can't beat the enrollment price. But if you don't think you'll re-enroll again and continue your membership, then 50% is quiet nice. Beats retail store prices.

Bumping to keep the peace in the DMR thread. I'm so nice O:)

I completed my commitment about a half a year ago but I've yet to cancel. I keep waiting for this VIP status to be worth it. Maybe I should cancel it now...

Bumping to keep the peace in the DMR thread. I'm so nice O:)

I completed my commitment about a half a year ago but I've yet to cancel. I keep waiting for this VIP status to be worth it. Maybe I should cancel it now...
Depends if there's 6 or 7 sign up titles you are interested in. I usually cancel as soon as my commitment I met though.

bread's done
Back