Official Disney Movie Club Thread

rbenns2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Blu-ray.com (http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740) does a good job laying out the in depth stuff, but the discussions there get pretty long-winded, and often focus more around technical issues than deals that can be had. I can see some good deals slipping through the cracks. It would be nice to have one place where all the codes, current and upcoming sales, and especially unadvertised discounts could be easily sifted through.

Last edited by a moderator:
They added some of the Miyazaki movies to the beginning enrollment offer list.

You can now get Whispers of the Heart, Totoro, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, and Kiki's Delivery Service.

Its enough to make me finally rejoin.

You can now get Whispers of the Heart, Totoro, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, and Kiki's Delivery Service.

The Wind Rises is another Ghibli title that was added

I have all the Disney movies I want, so the main purpose for the DMC for me are for ABC Shows. There are only about 1/4 of the Disney Animated Movie Canon I actually want, so the only one of those releases I am anticipating is Big Hero 6.

Anybody know what the earliest they might let someone try and get the newer movies like 101 Dalmations on an enrollment if I call in with the catolog number? Thais would be my third time joining but first time joining over the phone.

Anybody know what the earliest they might let someone try and get the newer movies like 101 Dalmations on an enrollment if I call in with the catolog number? Thais would be my third time joining but first time joining over the phone.
I think someone said roughly 3 or 4 months after its been released. Which seems right with the Ghibli titles added.

Whispers of the Heart and howls Moving Castle have been eligible for s while. I got Howls Moving Castle with my previous enrollment about 6 months ago.

Is there a way to just find commitment titles. I just joined so I don't need any right now but as I was looking around, everything seems discounted since I am now a member...so where do we find titles that will count towards the commitment?

Do you only get them through email?

The only things that count as commitment titles are when you get a featured title you need to reply to or if you buy a movie at regular price.

Commitment titles are anything you pay full price for. The discount only applies when you buy 1 movie at regular price, so you will have one commitment title with every order.

If you want all commitment titles, just go up to My Offers and disable them.

Commitment titles are anything you pay full price for. The discount only applies when you buy 1 movie at regular price, so you will have one commitment title with every order.

If you want all commitment titles, just go up to My Offers and disable them.
So I can buy pretty much any Disney movie at full price and have it count as a commitment title, and if I wanted to get those discounted prices, you just purchase that along with the full price movie?

So I can buy pretty much any Disney movie at full price and have it count as a commitment title, and if I wanted to get those discounted prices, you just purchase that along with the full price movie?
The full priced movie would count as a commitment and any you buy at discount would not if that's what you are asking.

The full priced movie would count as a commitment and any you buy at discount would not if that's what you are asking.
Yeah I understood that, I'm more so asking if the discounted price becomes available once you already are buying a full price movie with it?

Yeah I understood that, I'm more so asking if the discounted price becomes available once you already are buying a full price movie with it?
Yeah you get that bonus when purchasing a full priced movie. You should have access to cheaper ones without buying the full price commitment, though it wouldn't count towards what you owe them obviously.

Yeah you get that bonus when purchasing a full priced movie. You should have access to cheaper ones without buying the full price commitment, though it wouldn't count towards what you owe them obviously.
Ok cool that makes sense, thank you guys

Has anyone signed up recently? I signed up wit the promo to get the free Olaf blanket and I got a shipping confirmation yesterday that my movies shipped but no tracking number. And today I got shipping confirmation on the blanket and that did have a teach number. Just found it kind of strange.

Has anyone signed up recently? I signed up wit the promo to get the free Olaf blanket and I got a shipping confirmation yesterday that my movies shipped but no tracking number. And today I got shipping confirmation on the blanket and that did have a teach number. Just found it kind of strange.
Yeah I just signed up too and have the same thing going on, no tracking for movies but tracking for the blanket. It must just be how they do it for whatever reason

I actually got no confirmation because I signed up via phone and they entered my e-mail address and last name incorrectly. Registering on the site with my member number let me correct the errors though and see that my order has been shipped.

Got both the Olaf blanket and my movies today... only they gave me a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD instead of Princess Mononoke. When I called they told me I could keep the DVD and put in an order to replace my missing Blu-Ray. Great customer service.

Got both the Olaf blanket and my movies today... only they gave me a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD instead of Princess Mononoke. When I called they told me I could keep the DVD and put in an order to replace my missing Blu-Ray. Great customer service.
We're the blanket and movies packaged together?

Ugh still waiting on my movies to be delivered. I got my blanket rather quick, I wonder why the movies are taking longer? Ive read online the DMC can be rather slow but it says they already shipped so I dont know.

Ok so I ordered my movies/blanket on 2/20 and have not received my movies yet. I got the blanket already but nothing movie related. DOes anyone know how long it usually takes to get the movies?

Ok so I ordered my movies/blanket on 2/20 and have not received my movies yet. I got the blanket already but nothing movie related. DOes anyone know how long it usually takes to get the movies?
I ordered mine on the 19th and got my titles Saturday. You'll probably get them tomorrow. If not then if you don't have them by Friday id call.

Yeah I got them today...and they were all shoved in an envelope that was then shoved in my mailbox. I only got two movies in slipcovers and they were both completely bent up. Im pretty mad. I figured they would be sent in a box not the same envelope my blanket was sent in.

Yeah I got them today...and they were all shoved in an envelope that was then shoved in my mailbox. I only got two movies in slipcovers and they were both completely bent up. Im pretty mad. I figured they would be sent in a box not the same envelope my blanket was sent in.
I've never had movies come in a box from Disney. They always come in those envelopes. I also got two movies without slipcovers.....My Neighbor Totoro and The Wind Rises but it's nlt a huge issue to me. Sure they won't all line up and look the same but it's just a piece of cardboard. I don't know why some people freak out over it.

I've never had movies come in a box from Disney. They always come in those envelopes. I also got two movies without slipcovers.....My Neighbor Totoro and The Wind Rises but it's nlt a huge issue to me. Sure they won't all line up and look the same but it's just a piece of cardboard. I don't know why some people freak out over it.
Oh ok, I saw some videos where they came in actual boxes. I only got the slipcovers for Princess Mononoke and Kiki (which makes sense I guess since they just came out)

I may just not care about the Ghibli movie ones since I didnt get the majority of them, plus some are going to be hard to get anyway like Totoro. Oh well I guess.

I now have 3 ghibli movies without slips. The two I mentioned and Ponyo. The six others I have have slips. Don't plan on selling these so hard to find slips aren't an issue.

Sorry I have so many questions on this but I just got my featured title for this month and its a Big Hero 6 + Wreck It Ralph 2 pack deal. So will this count towards my commitment titles, because it doesn't say on the screen if they do or not. Im pretty sure 1 does...

On average, if I enroll through online, how long does it take for the movies to arrive at my house? Will it be fast or will it take a month? Also, I'm just planning to get Studio Ghibli films, and I was wondering, which one has slipcovers and which ones don't? Based on reading this thread, Ponyo, the Wind Rises and Mononoke doesnt have slipcovers.

bread's done
Back