Official Disney Movie Club Thread

rbenns2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Blu-ray.com (http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740) does a good job laying out the in depth stuff, but the discussions there get pretty long-winded, and often focus more around technical issues than deals that can be had. I can see some good deals slipping through the cracks. It would be nice to have one place where all the codes, current and upcoming sales, and especially unadvertised discounts could be easily sifted through.

Last edited by a moderator:
13NNBX

Allows you to download a Jack Skellington mask to print out!

This is starting the 13 days of Halloween. not sure if they will give out points too.

New Featured Title. Avengers: Age of Ultron 3D with the optional titles being Prep and Landing Holiday 2-Pack and Oz: The Great and Powerful.

Aladdin sequels are still ineligible for discount.

Everyone seems to be excited about the upcoming Aladdin sequels release, myself included, but apparently, provided the release matches the versions on iTunes, the release will be cropped pretty severely from the fullscreen originals.  Very disappointing.

Lemme guess, artificial widescreen? I think the dvds had that
Bingo. And the Return of Jafar DVD was proper fullscreen, but Prince of Thieves was cropped thusly:

alads10.jpg

Is the Aladdin 2 and 3 really a DMC exclusive? It says that on the page, but I gotta think they'll eventually sell that in stores.

Also if Star Wars Rebels S1 does eventually return would we be able to get it as one of the free titles at sign up eventually or do they not give TV season Blu-rays?
DMC exclusives mean they are not sold in stores right now, but may or may not make their way to stores eventually.

3-D, TV season, and multi-film sets (except for a few, usually involving straight to video releases) have never been eligible for enrollment. However, if you enroll via phone, sometimes you might get lucky with a clueless employee. It doesn't happen nearly as much as it used to, but people still regularly get away with it.

New Featured Title. Tomorrowland and Toy Story That Time Forgot. Optional titles are Mickey's Once/Twice Upon a Christmas and Toy Story 1.

Free Shipping only for the Triple Feature. Site wide discount still 50%. Still no Star Wars Rebels Season 1.

Finally placed an order for the feature title like 2 weeks ago but it still shows that it's processing. Is this normal? Also, I avoided using the 25% off your entire order offer because I wanted a second bluray title to count towards fulfillment. Is it true that only buying the feature titles and full price movies are the only ways they count towards your commitment?

New Featured Title. Ant-Man 3D with Big Hero 6 and Aladdin as optional titles. Site wide discount is still 50%.

also if i do decide to signup now what the best way for me to do it and the best promo code or what to get the best value?

im wanting blu rays not dvds if that make a different 

There is a thread on Blu-ray.com that has the best codes.

SRP on Blu-rays are typically $29.95 for 2D, $34.95 on 3D, and $44.95 for TV Shows. DVDs are either $19.95 or $24.95.

When you sign up, your initial discount is Buy 1 Get 40% Off, but after you fulfill your commitment and become a VIP, you then get 50-60% off instead. There is also a secondary offer where you can take 25-30% your entire order instead.

IMO, the DMC is the best way to get ABC shows, as you can get seasons for $15-$20 each, even new releases.

Also, be sure you have a Disney Movie Rewards account. You rack up points real quick.

Also keep in mind that there are sometimes "Buy 1, get % off" deals with free shipping. If you use that deal and buy one title in a single order, you'll get free shipping without the discount - meaning it's best to wait for one of those deals to do your commitments.

Got the nessary info from http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740

Placed my first order On Sat, got the shipping confirmation on Mon.

Ponyo Blu-ray
Howl's Moving Castle
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind
My Neighbor Totoro
Castle In The Sky

+ Blue Mickey Blanket

Very excited. Now need to consider which other 2 Miyazaki films worth getting to complete my collection.

Or since already got the Alladin first movie, maybe order the "Aladdin II & III 2-Movie Collection" $26.99?

Ponyo Blu-ray
Howl's Moving Castle
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
My Neighbor Totoro
Castle In The Sky

+ Blue Mickey Blanket

Very excited. Now need to consider which other 2 Miyazaki films worth getting to complete my collection.

Or since already got the Alladin first movie, maybe order the "Aladdin II & III 2-Movie Collection" $26.99?
Yea I signed up last night and thinking of ordering that same movie but the reports of the bad picture ratio and cropping issues of the movies got me not so sure about it since it sounds from other forums that they butchered those movies

Ponyo Blu-ray
Howl's Moving Castle
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
My Neighbor Totoro
Castle In The Sky

+ Blue Mickey Blanket

Called in to cancel my old account today so I can open up a new account to pick up Miyazaki movies too. There are many more Miyazaki films to get, the biggest of which is Kiki's Delivery Service. I would have gotten that one instead of Ponyo. Other titles include The Cat Returns which my son pretty entertaining. Miyazaki's last film, The Wind Rises, was more than decent but was more down-to-Earth than his other films. These other titles I may not have seen include Porco Rossi, Pom Poko, Secret World of Arriety, Whispers of the Heart and Tales from Earthsea. Not sure if the last few are Miyazaki or Studio Ghibli movies from other directors.

I have not seen any reportings on that! Just saw many + reviews on Amazon.

Fungers crossed.

Yea I signed up last night and thinking of ordering that same movie but the reports of the bad picture ratio and cropping issues of the movies got me not so sure about it since it sounds from other forums that they butchered those movies

i will look into The cat returns and then maybe pick Kikis delivery.
Im trying to introduce these to my toddler son also! My main goal is to get these on Blu-Ray, really tires of blurry youtube videos (LOL) and poor DVD quality

Called in to cancel my old account today so I can open up a new account to pick up Miyazaki movies too. There are many more Miyazaki films to get, the biggest of which is Kiki's Delivery Service. I would have gotten that one instead of Ponyo. Other titles include The Cat Returns which my son pretty entertaining. Miyazaki's last film, The Wind Rises, was more than decent but was more down-to-Earth than his other films. These other titles I may not have seen include Porco Rossi, Pom Poko, Secret World of Arriety, Whispers of the Heart and Tales from Earthsea. Not sure if the last few are Miyazaki or Studio Ghibli movies from other directors.

Do note that the Blu-ray of Kiki's Delivery Service has many lines from Phil Hartman cut out from the original release.

Similarly, when Disney first released Castle in the Sky, the original composer decided to redo the score from the ground up because he disliked the original score. However, due to fan complaints, the superior remastered score was taken out of subsequent DVD releases and the Blu-ray too. The only way to get the good score is to import from Japan.

Are you talking about Aladdin 2&3? I haven't heard about any problems with the Miyazaki movies.

Im trying to introduce these to my toddler son also! My main goal is to get these on Blu-Ray, really tires of blurry youtube videos (LOL) and poor DVD quality
The Cat Returns and Kiki are lighthearted enough that a toddler will enjoy it. Haven't watched a few of the movies in a while but do recall that, just maybe, some of the movies are too scary for young children. There is always a sense of wonder in Miyazaki's films but, at times, it touches upon the bizarre in some of the visuals that young children might be scared by it. Watch the movies yourself to re-acquaint yourself with them before watching it with your toddler. Older kids will be fine with all the movies.

Kiki, Totoro, and Ponyo are extremely safe for toddlers. Spirited Away and Castle in the Sky I would wait until they are at least 6 or 7. Princess Mononoke is teens and up definitely.

Are you talking about Aladdin 2&3? I haven't heard about any problems with the Miyazaki movies.
yea supposely that the blu ray exclusive been cropped and some parts dont look right cause of the cropping job they did and that instead being in it original 1.33:1 ratio it been cropped to a 1.78:1 ratio release instead. There multiple threads that been talking about it:

http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32134&sid=d618d4dfb7d469689b8da8f5fb13dcb4&start=20

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=249208&page=2

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=267999&page=7

but i went ahead and pre ordered it anyhow since it a exclusive and it will count as a commitment buy and also for the fact im still praying it aint that bad.

yea supposely that the blu ray exclusive been cropped and some parts dont look right cause of the cropping job they did and that instead being in it original 1.33:1 ratio it been cropped to a 1.78:1 ratio release instead. There multiple threads that been talking about it:
http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32134&sid=d618d4dfb7d469689b8da8f5fb13dcb4&start=20

but i went ahead and pre ordered it anyhow since it a exclusive and it will count as a commitment buy and also for the fact im still praying it aint that bad.
Have a feeling they'll eventually be fixing this one so I'll be waiting.

Oh thought you were talking about Miyazaki films on Blu ray...
Well so crop issue for Aladin 2/3, i will skip that for now.

I do have the Aladdin1 diamond edition on BD, looks great!

Oh thought you were talking about Miyazaki films on Blu ray...
Well so crop issue for Aladin 2/3, i will skip that for now.

I do have the Aladdin1 diamond edition on BD, looks great!
yea me to picked it up for $10 off amazon Black Friday. I wish we was getting the trilogy box set that has all 3 though like Japan getting

Wow, just found out today that "The Cat Returns" is not a Miyazaki film as it is not part of The Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki which is being offered on Amazon bundling all his films into a single package. Like the movie a lot as if it was.

Hold on... are you guys getting your introductory orders shipped that quick?  I ordered movies on 11/27 and they are still processing!  I've even received the free gift (an Olaf blanket) days ago.

Hold on... are you guys getting your introductory orders shipped that quick? I ordered movies on 11/27 and they are still processing! I've even received the free gift (an Olaf blanket) days ago.
not me I ordered on Tuesday and still processing yet my Mickey blanket shipped already on Thursday

not me I ordered on Tuesday and still processing yet my Mickey blanket shipped already on Thursday
I finally broke down and contacted them. Apparently two of the movies in my order were backordered (Toy Story and Toy Story 2 - both bluray combos). So the other 5 titles should be shipping soon and those when they get more stock.

I appreciate them splitting the order for me, but it's crap customer service to let the entire order sit unfulfilled with no communication from them.

I finally broke down and contacted them. Apparently two of the movies in my order were backordered (Toy Story and Toy Story 2 - both bluray combos). So the other 5 titles should be shipping soon and those when they get more stock.

I appreciate them splitting the order for me, but it's crap customer service to let the entire order sit unfulfilled with no communication from them.
just now finally got a shipping email couple minutes ago for my order placed a week ago.

and yea that kind of setup of not shipping unless the entire order is in stock reminds me of how digital rivers always did stuff

just now finally got a shipping email couple minutes ago for my order placed a week ago.

and yea that kind of setup of not shipping unless the entire order is in stock reminds me of how digital rivers always did stuff
You're super lucky then. Mine is still processing. Even after it was split and I ordered on 11/27.

New Featured Title. Ant-Man 3D with Big Hero 6 and Aladdin as optional titles. Site wide discount is still 50%.
Managed to open a new account but I have no Feature Title in the beginning but am trying to see if I can still get this double feature. I did receive the flyer for this deal before I canceled my previous account but only see Big Hero 6 as the second title. Is Aladdin a choice as the second title of the double feature online?

Keeping my fingers crossed DMC lets me order.

Received my Enrollment order just now finally

No Slip Covers

Sleeping Beauty DE

Little Mermaid DE

101 Dalmatians DE

Cinderella DE

With Slip Covers

Hercules

Jungle Book DE

Lone Ranger

now my question is this:

101 Dalmatians arrived damaged pretty good so what do i need to do? and what can be done probably? 

Qtf7rki.jpg

MJq0uZG.jpg

DYpy0Jc.jpg

Slip covers are considered an extra part of the package, and are never guaranteed, whether you buy them through Disney or any other retailer. Call customer service and tell them about the damaged package. I did this with my Peter Pan when it had a broken case, but otherwise fine, and they replaced my movie, even paying the return shipping.

Managed to open a new account but I have no Feature Title in the beginning but am trying to see if I can still get this double feature. I did receive the flyer for this deal before I canceled my previous account but only see Big Hero 6 as the second title. Is Aladdin a choice as the second title of the double feature online?

Keeping my fingers crossed DMC lets me order.
Success. Shot them an email days ago asking if I can get the Ant-Man/Aladdin double feature even though my new account has no Feature Titles yet. Called today since I never got a reply from them and I was surprised when she said an order was already placed. Ordered a third title too just to take advantage of the free shipping and to fulfill this membership all while my enrollment package has yet to arrive.

New Featured Title.

Aladdin sequels on Blu-ray for $26.95. Optional titles are Aladdin 1 and Inside Out Blu-rays. Member discount is 60% again.

bread's done
Back