Official Disney Movie Club Thread

rbenns2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Blu-ray.com (http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740) does a good job laying out the in depth stuff, but the discussions there get pretty long-winded, and often focus more around technical issues than deals that can be had. I can see some good deals slipping through the cracks. It would be nice to have one place where all the codes, current and upcoming sales, and especially unadvertised discounts could be easily sifted through.

Last edited by a moderator:
How long after a new movie releases could i get it as one of those initial movies for joining? Like the upcoming Aladdin movie for instance.

With shipping the POTC come out to $10 each for the blu-rays, have they been cheaper than this? Not sure if I want to bite or not

I believe it's either 3 or 6 months. Can't recall which
It ranges from instantly (usually ones they want to get rid of, like Lone Ranger) to 90 days (Diamond Editions and other big name films). I've never heard of any taking longer than 90 days.

Does anyone know anything about the pins from the Disney Movie club? I saw its if you fulfil your commitment, but it doesn't say when they would give them out or how much. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it for me to leave my account with the fulfilled status open? Tia

Does anyone know anything about the pins from the Disney Movie club? I saw its if you fulfil your commitment, but it doesn't say when they would give them out or how much. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it for me to leave my account with the fulfilled status open? Tia
When you get VIP status they usually offer you a free pin and 60% off any titles as long as you buy one $29.95. I'm going to buy all the missing titles I need and will cancel.

When you get VIP status they usually offer you a free pin and 60% off any titles as long as you buy one $29.95. I'm going to buy all the missing titles I need and will cancel.
Yep, I'm a VIP, I was going to cancel my account and rejoin later on, but the free pin (usually a new one every month) is pretty cool. If I don't have the featured title, I'll pick that up and I get 60% off any additional titles (they charge for the highest price one first), buy two titles you get free shipping.
This months free pin was Elsa.

New Featured Title is up. Live-action Cinderella with the animated Cinderella or Disney Monkey Kingdom as the optional titles.

The discount this month is 60% off, too. Also, Star Wars Rebels Season 1 and Once Upon a Time Season 4 have been added. With the discount, both Blu-ray seasons come to just under $16 each.

Is signing up for DMC really worth it? These prices seem to be MSRP. I have considered signing up but it seems like I could make out better just waiting for sales at Target, Best Buy, Amazon, etc. How much are 3d Blurays? If those are cheaper, I might sign up.

Is signing up for DMC really worth it? These prices seem to be MSRP. I have considered signing up but it seems like I could make out better just waiting for sales at Target, Best Buy, Amazon, etc. How much are 3d Blurays? If those are cheaper, I might sign up.
From the blu-ray.com forum: "Ultimately, it averages out to about $89.70+tax for 9 Blu-Rays, or $9.97+tax per title."

I'd say it's worth it.

Also, they do get some exclusive stuff from time to time; Return to Oz, a great little film from the 80s, being the newest.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but if I'm trying to fulfill my membership, if I use one of those 25% off your entire order to buy 2 3D bluray priced between $29.99 to $39.99 each, will both titles count as fulfillment titles?

I'm trying to get as many 3D titles as possible and hoping next month's title will be Avengers 2 bundled with Guardians of the Galaxy. Will cancel my Bestbuy steelbook if it is.

From the blu-ray.com forum: "Ultimately, it averages out to about $89.70+tax for 9 Blu-Rays, or $9.97+tax per title."

I'd say it's worth it.

Also, they do get some exclusive stuff from time to time; Return to Oz, a great little film from the 80s, being the newest.
I liked the thing last year where it had Tarzan and Hercules up several months early and in in a combo pack. Took one of the requirements and got me two movies I wanted way early. Shame I still not watch those blurays yet...

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but if I'm trying to fulfill my membership, if I use one of those 25% off your entire order to buy 2 3D bluray priced between $29.99 to $39.99 each, will both titles count as fulfillment titles?

I'm trying to get as many 3D titles as possible and hoping next month's title will be Avengers 2 bundled with Guardians of the Galaxy. Will cancel my Bestbuy steelbook if it is.
I believe if it is over $30 after discount it will be a commitment title, but add it to your cart and see. If it is a commitment title, there will be a mark saying so.

Also, I believe if you get any of the Collector's sets (I believe ones $45 or more), they apparently count as two commitment titles.

I believe if it is over $30 after discount it will be a commitment title, but add it to your cart and see. If it is a commitment title, there will be a mark saying so.

Also, I believe if you get any of the Collector's sets (I believe ones $45 or more), they apparently count as two commitment titles.
Thanks, I'll look for the mark. I don't know if it's because I'm working off a tablet instead of a computer, but I didn't see anything when I tried putting together an order with 2 Marvel 3D titles in it.

As for Collectors collection, I only see ones for Cars and Cinderella animated. Wish they would put out something Star Wars-related before the next movie comes out.

The only Star Wars DVDs/Blu-rays Disney has are Clone Wars Season 6 and Rebels Season 1. Everything else is owned by Fox.
How could I forget the Star Wars films are owned by Fox? I kept thinking once Disney acquired LucasFilm, they bought all rights to all the past films but I guess that would be mistaken.

One more question. Does Disney Movie Club run a free shipping promotion anymore? I know you get free shipping if you order the monthly selection with a secondary title, but do you get free shipping at any other time?

Thanks, I'll look for it. Still have a year yet to fulfill my membership agreement so hoping the free shipping promo comes soon.
In all honesty, you're better off waiting for a Featured Title you like and using the Free Shipping and discount there. You'd actually save more money with the B1G50-60% Off sale than the 25-30% Off the whole order deal.

In all honesty, you're better off waiting for a Featured Title you like and using the Free Shipping and discount there. You'd actually save more money with the B1G50-60% Off sale than the 25-30% Off the whole order deal.
Thanks. Been a member for 6 months but haven't had a Featured Title deal I like yet. If Avengers 2 show up, I finally will.

I joined hoping to get some 3D titles. Was hoping to buy enough to fulfill the membership requirements, cancel and join again at a future date so the 25-30% off will allow the 3D blurays to count whereas 50-60% won't. Also trying to keep my average per title low so even at 50-60% off, it looks like it's cheaper enrolling again and getting it that way.

Meant to reply to this earlier.

If you want a lot of Disney movies, it is worth at least one sign up. If you want to continue just getting Disney movies, it would be cheaper canceling and signing up again. But if you want to use it to get ABC shows they are way cheaper than at B&M stores.

So what was the lowest price Agents of Shield was through the club for members? Also will they carry Agent Carter and season two of Shield when they are released? I heard they are Amazon exclusives.

Yea, S2 and Carter are Amazon exclusives. At least for now.

Season 1, with the 60% discount, goes down to about $16-$17 for the Blu-ray version.

They had it up a week or so ago, but they took it and the other Star Wars-related stuff off the site for some reason. It'll probably come back eventually, but I don't know when.

Heads up: sync your Amazon and/or Microsoft accounts to DMA and get Monsters Inc. for free! Log in to the main site and it should show up as a featured story.

Heads up: sync your Amazon and/or Microsoft accounts to DMA and get Monsters Inc. for free! Log in to the main site and it should show up as a featured story.
There's also a Mystery Lithograph set for today only for 300 Reward points on the DMR website. Might be worth picking up.

Got my mystery lithograps package, today.

Here's What I recevied:

[attachment=17052:IMG_0166.JPG]

[attachment=17053:IMG_0167.JPG]

Edit:  They're just a bit larger than my Ipad Air.

New Featured Title is up.

Aladdin and Pixar Short Films 2 with Little Mermaid or Sleeping Beauty as the optional titles.

I wanted to bite on Aladdin as the featured title but it sucks that it's a double deal. I don't really want the pixar bluray and already own Sleeping Beauty and Little Mermaid

I wanted to bite on Aladdin as the featured title but it sucks that it's a double deal. I don't really want the pixar bluray and already own Sleeping Beauty and Little Mermaid
Actually, this double deal doesn't sound bad considering Aladdin by itself would sell for $29.99 so $34.99 for the Pixar Shorts is pretty good. If they had given you the option to get Little Mermaid 3D instead of the regular 2D version, I would jump at this deal.

Is the Aladdin 2 and 3 really a DMC exclusive? It says that on the page, but I gotta think they'll eventually sell that in stores.

Also if Star Wars Rebels S1 does eventually return would we be able to get it as one of the free titles at sign up eventually or do they not give TV season Blu-rays?

Hey guys. Getting ready to cancel my current membership and re-up. Anything I should know before I do? Wish I'd done it before Aladdin and Disney shorts. I probably would have bought both of those as commitment titles.

Using any discount % invalidates commitment. It used to work like you said though, and maybe some still get lucky.

Ended up having to cancel my Aladdin feature order because it was still not shipped up to today because I ordered some Studio Ghibli movies with it, and one of them was backordered and delayed the entire order. Since I probably end up getting Aladdin 2/3 from DMC, I will at least still get the commitment.

Anyone want to get an extra Aladdin 2/3 blu-ray and sell it to me for cost + shipping?

I probably would have gotten the Featured Title this month if the Aladdin sequels could be discounted. But nope. No discount and still no Star Wars Rebels means no purchase.

This probably isn't the place for this but since I can't find the correct thread (if it exists) I'll just post this here quickly

If anyone wants my rewards code from the avengers 2 single disk blu ray inbox me, it's free

bread's done
Back