Official Disney Movie Club Thread

rbenns2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Blu-ray.com (http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740) does a good job laying out the in depth stuff, but the discussions there get pretty long-winded, and often focus more around technical issues than deals that can be had. I can see some good deals slipping through the cracks. It would be nice to have one place where all the codes, current and upcoming sales, and especially unadvertised discounts could be easily sifted through.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought all the Studio Ghibli ones with their very nice sale lol they were all between $8 and $12 so I got them.. might unload a couple if they don't look good but the ones we have or the kids have seen they like alot

What sale?
might not have been a sale at all but it was from a banner marked "New Disney Super Savers"

prices came to 60% off their list price (which is current promo) but it looks like they slightly lowered their list price for a bunch of movies..

ended getting all the SG titles and all the DisneyNature titles and a some of the regular Disney movies we didnt have on Bluray...

I ordered 40 movies for roughly $400

might not have been a sale at all but it was from a banner marked "New Disney Super Savers"
prices came to 60% off their list price (which is current promo) but it looks like they slightly lowered their list price for a bunch of movies..
ended getting all the SG titles and all the DisneyNature titles and a some of the regular Disney movies we didnt have on Bluray...
I ordered 40 movies for roughly $400
Do you know when it ends or how to get into that sale? That seems like a good deal.

On average, if I enroll through online, how long does it take for the movies to arrive at my house? Will it be fast or will it take a month? Also, I'm just planning to get Studio Ghibli films, and I was wondering, which one has slipcovers and which ones don't? Based on reading this thread, Ponyo, the Wind Rises and Mononoke doesnt have slipcovers.
There doesn't seem to be any consistency in the titles that get mailed out with slipcovers. Ordered 5 Ghibli titles and only 2 came with slipcovers. I actually got Ponyo and Secret World of Arrietty with slipcovers but sadly Nausicaa, My Neighbor Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle didn't. Seems like the luck of the draw who gets them.

Do you know when it ends or how to get into that sale? That seems like a good deal.
It's right on top of the DMC homepage for me. It's likely that's how gator got into it as well. Says '60% off' on the banner and on the right says 'Super Saver' which leads to the same sale. DVDs seem to be $5-7 and Blu-rays around $7-10 for the most part. After a brief scan of the 278 movies, nothing seems to be higher than 9.98 and lower than 3.98.

Ponyo and Arriety are 7.58, and the rest of the Ghibli's are 9.98. Didn't check thoroughly...I just went through consoleman's list above of some SG films.

Yup that's how I found it.. not all of the SG films are on that sale though there were some I had to search for that were roughly $12 each

https://disneymovieclub.go.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DMCSpecialCategoryView?catalogId=10051&storeId=10001&langId=-1&categoryId=5035010&int_cmp=DMC|HP|303x295|DisneySuperSavers

just says Limited Time Price Reductions

It's right on top of the DMC homepage for me. It's likely that's how gator got into it as well. Says '60% off' on the banner and on the right says 'Super Saver' which leads to the same sale. DVDs seem to be $5-7 and Blu-rays around $7-10 for the most part. After a brief scan of the 278 movies, nothing seems to be higher than 9.98 and lower than 3.98.

Ponyo and Arriety are 7.58, and the rest of the Ghibli's are 9.98. Didn't check thoroughly...I just went through consoleman's list above of some SG films.
My order of the Ghibli titles I listed came from enrollment not this new sale. Too bad I'm not VIP. Wouldn't mind picking some of the other Ghibli titles I don't have already for 9.98 or less but is it better for me to wait for all of them to be available for enrollment and get them then?

I also have a 25% off deal when I buy 2 movies. To fulfill the membership requirements, was thinking of picking up Iron Man 3 3D for $29.99 and Thor Dark World 3D for about $26.25. Would both movies go towards fulfilling the two movies I have to buy or does Thor not count? With the next Avengers movie coming out in a few months, will there be a better promotion for Marvel blurays? Any word of advice is welcome from anyone. I haven't joined DMC in years but joined just to get Ghibli and 3D titles.

Blu-ray commitment titles have to be $29.96 or above, I believe.
Thanks. Thought that it just needed to be $24.99 and up since sometimes preorders count towards the commitment. I guess I'll pick up another title regularly priced $39.99 or wait for their next B2G1F sale. I know that doesn't come too often but I'm willing to wait.

Checking out the reviews for the 3D for Iron Man 3 and Thor Dark World doesn't sound too impressive. Does anyone have them and can speak about the quality or lack thereof?

I think $24.99 is for DVD titles. There should be fine print on one of the commitment pages that spells it out.

You could grab some of the ABC shows. The MSRP is usually cheaper than the sale prices at places like Best Buy and Target.

Ive been thinking about getting into Disney Movie Club since right now they have 5 titles for 5 bucks, can pick blu rays to boot and can even pick a 6th and 7th at discounted price to count towards the 5 movie commitment or whatever, for those of you already part of the club, do you guys think its worth it to take the dive? thanks

Do you mean 5 movies titles for $1? If not, there is actually a promo code to get a blanket and 7 movies titles for about $22. The first 5 are $1 total.

What promo code, the deal i saw was 5 movies for 1 buck each then a 6th for 10 then a 7th for 15 and gives a free backpack thing as well
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740

All the info you need is there. There are currently three promo codes that give you your first order for $20ish, which includes the first of your 3 commitment titles. One is the standard version of that offer, another with an Olaf blanket and one with a Mickey blanket. The most important part of the codes in that link is the fact that you have only 3 commitment titles instead of 5.

copy/pasted from the thread (a full list of movies/codes can be found in the thread as well though)

The Deal:Signing up for the Disney Movie Club (aka Disney Blu-ray Club) with promo code 17674B 10042B results in the following terms & conditions:
• You agree to purchase 3 commitment titles within the next 24 months.
• You can select Five Disney Blu-Rays for $1.00 (or 20¢ each) as part of the initial sign-up/enrollment offer. Note not all titles are available as part of the enrollment offer.
Plus you can take an optional Blu-Ray for an additional $11.95 (this title will go towards your commitment of 3 titles)
Plus you can take an optional Blu-Ray for an additional $8.95 (this title will not go towards your commitment of 3 titles)

Edit: Code 28563 is for the same commitment details, along with a Free Mickey blanket!
--> Code 30058 is ALSO for the same exact deal, and comes with a blanket featuring Olaf from Frozen instead!

If you sign up through Disney Movie Rewards, the offer is a little different. You have to buy 10 movies in 12 months, the first 5 you can get for $1 each, the 6th for $5 and the 7th for $12.

If you sign up through Disney Movie Rewards, the offer is a little different. You have to buy 10 movies in 12 months, the first 5 you can get for $1 each, the 6th for $5 and the 7th for $12.
Yes, you get the backpack a 500 point bonus as well. But After the initial order (assuming you pick at least the first bonus) you are still left with four more purchases to make. WIth the other codes you would only have two.

Yes, you get the backpack a 500 point bonus as well. But After the initial order (assuming you pick at least the first bonus) you are still left with four more purchases to make. WIth the other codes you would only have two.
Three purchases, actually. Though they could have changed it. It's been 2 years since I joined.

just got my shipment in... cant believe how hit or miss slip covers really are thru DMC... its about 50-50 on my 40 titles

we are watching Pom Poko and they drew nuts on the raccoons... nuts...

That's because they're tanuki, not raccoons. And there's plenty of nut-action to come!
Yeah, a lot of reviewers complained about that, since tanuki (aka raccoon dogs) superficially resemble raccoons, but are not closely related, and have a long history in Japanese mythology, where magical properties are attached to them, including the ability to take on a human form. Raccoons have no such powers anywhere (except maybe GOTG). The nuts are actually a good sign - Disney didn't censor them.

Hard to censor them when they are using them to make blankets parachutes trampolines and boats with them lol
it was actually a really good film though even with all the nuts.. im just happy my kids didn't realize that's what they were

So there's a deal on DMC for 25% off your entire order. Does this deal apply to the commitment titles? The other deals I can choose specify that only full price titles count, but this 25% off everything deal doesn't specify.

You have to pay full price for a title to be a commitment title.

If you mean Featured Titles, those cannot be discounted.

Anyone have experience with the disney movie club referral program?

I was trying to figure out if u refer someone and they click the link you send to sign up but use one of the codes we use for the 3 commitments vs the standard one if it still counts

Anyone have experience with the disney movie club referral program?

I was trying to figure out if u refer someone and they click the link you send to sign up but use one of the codes we use for the 3 commitments vs the standard one if it still counts
Yeah It worked that way for me. I just had my friend sign up by clicking the link you send them and then putting in a code for the 3 commitment titles and it worked. I got my email about picking 2 movies for myself about a week later.

I think as long as they use the same email address you sent them the referral with, it works.

Yeah It worked that way for me. I just had my friend sign up by clicking the link you send them and then putting in a code for the 3 commitment titles and it worked. I got my email about picking 2 movies for myself about a week later.

I think as long as they use the same email address you sent them the referral with, it works.
Sweet! Thanks for answering.

I had my mom and cousin sign up :)

For anyone debating joining:

Just wanted to say I had to call them today and they have the best customer service.

My free mickey blanket came today and has some weird black stains on it (like the ink ran during production?) and they told me they didn't need the picture or anything when I asked, they just instantly sent me a new one as soon as I told them. Really pleased with the service.

Im curious, I cant find anything definitive online to say otherwise right now, do the movies that go on sale (not super saver as I have seen those dont count) thru the disney movie club count towards my commitment (need 4 more). They got a few good priced movies I was thinking about picking up and was curious. Mostly looking at ones that give you a discounted member price.

Im curious, I cant find anything definitive online to say otherwise right now, do the movies that go on sale (not super saver as I have seen those dont count) thru the disney movie club count towards my commitment (need 4 more). They got a few good priced movies I was thinking about picking up and was curious. Mostly looking at ones that give you a discounted member price.
The only things that go towards commitment are full priced titles and the featured title. If you want to save money it's better to wait for featured titles as they are usually a little cheaper.

Question, my mom got an email stating she had a featured title to respond to but when she goes to the disney movie club site it says she doesn't have anything to respond to. She also signed up after me, and I have yet to receive anything indicating I have a feature title to respond to and nothing on the site as well.

Should I/we be concerned?

So to elaborate on my earlier post

The phone system does show I have featured titles so for anyone who is new like me I would check there if you don't see an option in the site ( as the site doesn't show I have anything to accept and I have no letter, but the phone does accurately reflect so I could make my choice there. )

Hope that helps someone :)

So to elaborate on my earlier post

The phone system does show I have featured titles so for anyone who is new like me I would check there if you don't see an option in the site ( as the site doesn't show I have anything to except and I have no letter, but the phone does accurately reflect so I could make my choice there. )

Hope that helps someone :)
Yeah, you've really gotta keep an eye on it. For a company as big as Disney is...that website is really terrible. There are times when I've been locked out even though I KNOW I'm putting my password in correctly...and a couple times where I swear I've refused a title, but one gets sent anyway.

I think what has screwed me before is sometimes if you refuse a title right away, it seems to replace it with a different one...so instead of having one per month like with most clubs like this, you end up with at least two. That's why most people would advise you to fulfill your obligation and cancel. It's a great deal...but they definitely "have their ways", haha.

Yeah, you've really gotta keep an eye on it. For a company as big as Disney is...that website is really terrible. There are times when I've been locked out even though I KNOW I'm putting my password in correctly...and a couple times where I swear I've refused a title, but one gets sent anyway.

I think what has screwed me before is sometimes if you refuse a title right away, it seems to replace it with a different one...so instead of having one per month like with most clubs like this, you end up with at least two. That's why most people would advise you to fulfill your obligation and cancel. It's a great deal...but they definitely "have their ways", haha.
I've never had an issue with that. Once I cancel, they send a confirmation of cancellation, and that's the end of it. I've never had a second title, or the first ship anyway. If it does, you can always return it for free. Of course, it's been a year since I joined the club. Things might have changed since then.

I just got the feature offer on the computer (it worked woohoo) for Rapunzel and Princess and the Frog, and then a bonus: Big Hero 6 for 48.95 all blu-rays. It shows two of them at discounted pricing and one at the 24.95, so then if I'm correct and understanding everything correctly, only 1 will count towards my commitment correct?

Yeah, it will only count as one commitment title. I think no matter how many movies come with or the price, the bundle offers always will count as only one commitment title.

Really surprised they didn't run a sale on Marvel blurays with the new Avengers movie coming out Friday. Was hoping to pick up some of the 3D blurays had they discounted them.

Anybody want to do the referral link and get the free movies? I'm planning to sign up soon and would gladly help a fellow cag if they want.

bread's done
Back