Official "Donate Games to the Troops in Iraq" Thread

1001173yj3.jpg

kojubat, thank you for the candy! I set up a bowl for for the candy so gamers that stop by can enjoy it.

This is what I had waiting for me at the Post Office yesterday:
1001140nc1.jpg

And this is what I had waiting for me today !!!!!:
1001164bz8.jpg

:hot::hot::hot:TODAY WE HIT 408 GAMES DONATED AND 5 CONSOLES :hot::hot::hot:

I received the following donations:

Witzbold:
-MotoGP ’07 (Xbox 360)
-Pimp My Ride (Xbox 360)
-Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland (Xbox 360)
-GRAW (Xbox 360)

Snorbert:
-Madden ’08 (Xbox 360)
-Bioshock (Xbox 360)
-Madden 07 (Wii)
-Fight Night Round 3 (PS3)
-Call of Duty 4 (PS3)
-Turok (PS3)

CSideGamer:
-Spider-man (PS2)
-Spider-man 2 (PS2)
-The Simpsons: Road Rage (PS2)
-Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (PS2)
-Star Wars: Battlefront (PS2)
-SSX3 (PS2)
-Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS2)
-Jak 3 (PS2)
-Enter the Matrix (PS2)
-James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire (PS2)

Jonathan from WA:

-Midway Arcade Treasures (GC)
-Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (GC)
-StarFox Assault (GC)
-StarFox Adventures (GC)
-Battalion Wars (GC)
-The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (GC)
-Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (GC)
-Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 4 (GC)
-Super Monkey Ball (GC)
-Super Monkey Ball 2 (GC)
-Star Wars: Rogue Leader (GC)
-Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (GC)
-Wave Race: Blue Storm (GC)
-Alien Hominid (GC)
-Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (GC)
-Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC)
-TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (GC)
-TimeSplitters 2 (GC)
-Viewtiful Joe (GC)
-Soul Calibur II (GC)
-Second Sight (GC)
-UNREAL Anthology (PC)
-Magazines (Men’s Health, Nintendo Power, EGM)

SPC McFatter from 129th CSSB:
-The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind & Construction Set (PC)
-Sacred (PC)
-Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna (PC)
-Dungeon Siege II: Broken World Deluxe Edition (PC)
-Two Worlds (PC)
-Dungeons & Dragons: Pool of Radiance (PC)
-Dungeons & Dragons: The Temple of Elemental Evil (PC)
-Icewind Dale (PC)
-Neverwinter Nights: Diamond (PC)
-Neverwinter Nights 2

Gail and her son from NH:
-Nintendo GameCube Console with 7 Controllers

-GBA Adapter for Game Cube
-Madden 07 (PS3)
-Madden 06 (GC)
-Call of Duty 2: Big Red One (GC)
-The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (GC)
-The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (GC)
-Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC)
-Rainbow Six 3 (GC)
-Enter the Matrix (GC)
-Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (GC)
-Spider-Man (GC)
-Spider-Man 2 (GC)
-Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GC)
-Street (GC)
-VEXX (GC)
-Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (GC)
-Gladius (GC)

Jessica and Metron Surveying & Mapping:
-Playstation 2 Console with Accessories

-Xbox Console with Accessories

-Driver 2 (PS1)
-Moto Racer 2 (PS1)
-Smuggler’s Run (PS2)
-Medal of Honor Frontline (PS2)
-Medal of Honor Rising Sun (PS2)
-Secret Weapons Over Normandy (PS2)
-Grand Theft Auto III (PS2)
-Tiger Woods 2002 (PS2)
-Tiger Woods 2003 (PS2)
-SOCOM (PS2)
-NCAA Football 2002 (PS2)
-Need for Speed Underground (PS2)
-Need for Speed Underground 2 (PS2)
-Midnight Club (PS2)
-Gran Turismo 3 (PS2)
-Madden 2001 (PS2)
-Thunderstrike: Operation Phoenix (PS2)
-Test Drive Off-Road: Wide-Open (PS2)
-Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2)
-ATV Off-Road Fury 2 (PS2)
-Ghost Recon (PS2)
-Madden 2005 (Xbox)
-Madden 2006 (Xbox)
-Call of Duty: Finest Hour (Xbox)
-PSI-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (Xbox)
-Men of Valor (Xbox)
-Halo (Xbox)
-Halo 2 (Xbox)
-Medal of Honor: European Assault (Xbox)
-Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (Xbox)
-Ghost Recon 2 (Xbox)
-Brothers in Arms (Xbox)

KOJUBAT:
-Crackdown (Xbox 360)
-Rumble Roses XX (Xbox 360)
-Halo (Xbox)
-Outlaw Volleyball (Xbox)
-Amped 2 (Xbox)
-TIC TACs, Skittles and Smartees (MISC)

1001166vu9.jpg

Jessie and the Metron Surveying and Mapping Co were very generous to get together and send out not one, but two consoles. This Xbox & PS2 are the cleanest used systems I have every seen. They also included all the games and accessories you see above. Lets pray that we can try to keep them that way! THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the donation.

1001168nm8.jpg

Gail emailed me a week ago and asked if we could use a Game Cube console. She told me how her 16 year old son received a Wii as a present and that this was not receiving any attention. Her son decided to donate this package to the CAG drive instead of easily eBaying it and getting some money to by more Wii games. They included 7, yes 7 controllers (3 Wavebirds), the GBA adapter, all the games you see above, and even purchased rechargable batteries and a charger. Madden 07 for the PS3 was also included (bonus!). One heck of a package Gail and please tell your son thank you on behalf of everyone stationed out here.

Both of these donation were packaged like PROs and a lot of time went into getting these to us. THANK YOU all.

Here are some recipients of your donations:

1001158hw3.jpg

Yup, that is a NASCAR fan pointing to the Toyota symbol :whistle2:#

1001170ii0.jpg

One lucky guy to have the only copy of the new Turok on base, and its brand spanking new.

1001162ls9.jpg

I drove over to visit PFC this morning. He emailed me about the games so I had to give him his breakfast of champions. As you can see, he was hungry for new titles.

Two last pics for everyone, not game related thou. I just thought this was interesting and wanted to share. Here is a picture of the normal sky mid-day:
1001156fv6.jpg

Here are pictures of what the same area (60 degrees more to the right) looks like at the same mid-day time but during a SAND STORM. These pictures are not edited in anyway, not even auto correct:
1001122za5.jpg

And one hour later at almost the same location:

dsc00475uk4.jpg

CRAZY!

Man, it's so freaking cool to see all the pics of the truckloads of games and soldiers playing them.......DO YOUR fuckING JOBS!

lol.

~HotShotX

[quote name='neushane']
1001173yj3.jpg

kojubat, thank you for the candy! I set up a bowl for for the candy so gamers that stop by can enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

:applause: Awesome picture.

Thanks again to all of you for your service.

So if I go to the post office and give them the address in the OP, they'll know its IRAQ?
Is that the full address?
I should be able to get out a package tomorrow or so.

Glad to see the package arrived safe and sound! I told you my box would be pretty easy to spot eh? :D

btw Shane you still running the donations yourself? Gonna see about sending out another package to you guys thats why.

Man its so awesome seeing how everyone is sending stuff in and these pictures once again are great. :D

So gotta show the pic of the before and during a sandstorm to those folks who complain theres not enough "color" or things are too "brown" in games that take place in the desert. ;D

I'm putting together another package as well and would also like to know if you have something in place for when your tour ends.

Just out of curiosity do you have a favorite military game of choice? My preference lies with the GRAW series but I'd like to hear what you think as well as the guys playing the games.

Edit: Oh. and the pictures are awesome!

A friend told me about this thread so I had to check it out. I was stationed in TQ from Feb 04 to Feb 05, and I all I did was play my PS2. Now I am back, this time in Baghdad, waiting for my 360 to show up from home. Its really cool what everyone here is doing for the troops. It really does make the days go by faster. Thanks everyone for your support, regardless of political opinion.

[quote name='neushane']Thank you for the post. I can not ask for certain games or take requests. If someone out here wants to get on and make a request than so be it but I personally can not do that.[/quote]I totally understand. I'll have fun doing some shopping this week then.

[quote name='neushane']:hot::hot::hot:TODAY WE HIT 408 GAMES DONATED AND 5 CONSOLES :hot::hot::hot:[/quote]:applause: This is awesome!

If You Are Going To Make A Donation And Have Not Done So Yet, Please Have All Donation mailed Out By Wednesday February 27th. I Know This Is Short Notice But I Will Be Returning Home Soon And I Could Not Find The Right Person To Take Over This Drive. I Also Have Not Received A Few Packages That Were Mailed Out About 2 Weeks Ago And I Want To Ensure I Receive Everything And Get The Donations To Troops Before I Depart Iraq. I Will Not Be Able To Guarantee Any Items Shipped Out After The 27th. I Will Continue To Hand Out Games Up To The Day I Depart (in A Few Weeks). Anything Remaining Will Get Shipped Up To Lunchbox79. He Is A Fellow Cag In The Army A Bit North Of Me. I Already Sent Some Games To His Unit But Will Forward Everything Else I Get To Him When Time Approaches My Departure. If Anyone Wants To Step Up And Take This Over, Please Email Or Pm Cheapyd For Permission But I Want To Leave On A Clean Slate Knowing I Did The Best I Could And Not Have Anything That Carries Over Come Back To My Name. Thank You To All Those Have Donated. I Will Still Update This Thread For The Next Few Weeks.

Well, that sucks. Will you ever go back to Iraq or some other hell hole in the future? If so, I'm sure the Cags will help out again with a new batch of shit we didn't get around to playing.

Well, I am still here but I have been very busy preparing for a turnover. The mail has been slow but it picked up I am still giving out donations like mad. Here are the donations I received the last few days:

The Diaz Family:
-Playstation 2 Console with 2 controllers (PS2)
-Splinter Cell (PS2)
-FIFA Soccer 2004 (PS2)
-Fight Night 2004 (PS2)
-Rugby 2005 (PS2)
-UFC Sudden Impact (PS2)
-UFC Throwdown (PS2)
-PrideFC (PS2)
-2006 FIFA World Cup (PS2)

Dustin from LA:
-Defender (PS2)
-ESPN NHL Hockey (PS2)
-Tekken 4 (PS2)

Tore from MN:
-2142 Battlefield (PC)

Mark from NJ:
-Company of Heroes (PC)
-Need for Speed Carbon (PC)

Adam from MD:
-Fable (Xbox)
-The Punisher (Xbox)
-Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox)
-The Red Star (PS2)

Mydogisdexter:
-NHL 2K8 (Xbox 360)
-Burnout Revenge (Xbox 360)
-Tiger Woods 06 (Xbox 360)
-Motoring DVDs

Stabby2486:
-Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360)
-Gears of War (Xbox 360)
-Call of Duty 2 (Xbox 360)
-Call of Duty 3 (Xbox 360)
-Call of Duty 4 (Xbox 360)
-Halo 3 (Xbox 360)
-Splinter Cell Double Agent (Xbox 360)
-Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past (GBA)
-Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening (GBA)
-Legend of Zelda Minish Cap (GBA)
-Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons (GBA)
-Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga (GBA)
-Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Masterquest (GC)
-Star Fox Adventures (GC)
-Super Smash Bros Melee (GC)
-Burnout 3 (PS2)
-Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass (DS)

Kevin from GA:
-NCAA March Madness 07 (Xbox 360)
-Major League Baseball 2K7 (Xbox 360)

Pictures of troops receiving games and donations:

Troops:
http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/1601222_1001186.JPG.html
http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/1601220_1001178.JPG.html
http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/1601219_1001177.JPG.html
http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/1601218_1001176.JPG.html
http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/1601217_1001174.JPG.html
http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/1601261_1001187.JPG.html
http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/1601286_1001207.JPG.html
http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001220ed9.jpg
http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001221fh1.jpg
http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001222wy4.jpg

Donations:
http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/1601221_1001179.JPG.html
http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001209on5.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001208di9.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001210ev5.jpg
http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001219xo2.jpg

Thank you everyone and please make sure not to mail out any more games until someone deployed here decides to step up to the plate. I had a few people approach me about taking it over but they need to come here and show that they are serious before doing so.

I am sorry for not updating the thread recently. I have been very busy with my turnover but I have received a bunch of packages lately. I do not have any pictures to share of donations but I have a bunch to upload of troops receiving games. I will try to get it done tomorrow. I know that I received n64ra's three package because I had a bunch of guys jump on the stuff. They loved the Vampire Masquerade t-shirts and games. A few got books but the rest I sent over to the base library so they can get noticed in a more suitable location. I know I also received a package from my sister and my nephews. They were kind enough to get a package out here full of PS2 games without me even mentioning the donation drive to them. My sister just caught wind of it from the web which was funny. She must be googling her own last name...lol

I also received the 2nd package that CAG Shenkiat sent out with a PSP and about a dozen PS2 games. I hacked the PSP and since I had mine out here with custom firmware and created a pandora's battery awhile ago for everyone else I ran into with one. That has been donated (only took an hour or so after I got the package and it was ghost). I also received packages from CAG ryanflucas and dinaboo.

That is all I know off the top of my head. It is 1:30 am here and I do not have my jump drive with the pictures and document files on me. Getting ready for bed after working since 8:30am. I will try to get more caught up tomorrow but I can not promise. Hopefully I will catch a break :)

I'm hoping as well as mine was sent out on the 19th. They said it would likely take a week but I'm sure that might have been the "best case" scenario.

Well, I have officially left Iraq and I have to spend the next week in Kuwait until I get to go home. I continued to receive packages until the day I left but there is good news. I finally got the base MWR to use an Xbox and a Gamecube that were from donations. I provided them with everthing they needed along with about 50 games. I also gave them some Xbox 360 and PS2 games. All mail that is still coming in (to my attention) will be forwarded to the MWR director and placed in a game room for local troop use. So no worries, all packages will reach a great destination. I also mailed up another package of about 40 games to fellow CAG ninjalunchbox79. In case you did not know, he is in the Army out in Iraq and I previously mailed out a package to him. He is distributing the items to his troops and will update once he has a moment of time.

I have pictures to upload still but I will hve to wait until I get home because the computers set up in this MWR have everything blocked. I can not even get to the main page of CAG but the forums address obviously works. I also have last minute updates on packages received but I was only able to save the customs forms so I only know names. I do not have detailed descriptions of what was donated. At least donors will know there items were received and distributed. Those forms at locked up somewhere in my baggage but once I locate them I will update the thread.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the support this drive received. Your efforts raised 529 games, 8 consoles, and a bunch of other misc items. All of which were donated by the time I re-deployed. Because of your efforts, a lot of troops received great games and countless hours of enterainment. Hopefully we will see a lot more members once they get back to the States and have unrestricted internet. Thanks again on behalf of all members of the military deployed to the Al Anbar province of Iraq that took advantage of this opportunity.

Awesome. We'll love to hear when you're safe at home. And we thank you for beginning this and all the time and energy you've put into keeping it going.

:applause:

Hey Shane sorry about not getting back to you , i did receive your last package!!! The MWR im at wont let thumb drives or anything plug into these computers so ill have to send you the pics when i get a chance. The area im i moved to now is very crazy , im sure you know what im talking about up here at Diamondback. We just been so busy , but hey with that COD4 you sent , and that DOA ultimate those games give us fun during our down time , which is much needed!!!! Again I wanna thank you , and ALL fellow CAG's who did donate games to this cause!!!!!:applause: You have made a difference for us over here , just about everyone loves to play games and alot of people in my unit just cant beleive that i received a package with a crap load of games. Its nice to see their reaction on there faces!!! Again I thank everyone at CAG who donated!!!

PS - my R&R is coming up in about 2 weeks so if anyone wants to get down on some gears my gamertag is NinjaLunchBox79 , hit me up and im sure ill play a match or 2 . . . . of course after i get married!!!!!!

Dude if I could afford to donate I would. I have family over there in Iraq. :( Hes done two tours already and has missed his daughter's first steps and is more than likely going to miss his son's too if they send him over again. I haven't heard if they are going to send him back again or not since my sister and I aren't on speaking terms(my brother-in-law and I get along, just not my sister and me). My mom sends magazines over there for them but I'm sure they prefer video games! lol I wish all of them the best of luck even though I'm not in the best position to send them anything to brighten their days. I just hope they all get sent home soon to their families.

I cannot begin to tell you the good that has come from the work of this thread. The young men and women over here need to find a release from the stresses of life in a combat zone and you guys have helped them tremendously. By donating games to occupy their time you may have kept them from drinking or other stupid mistakes that could cost them their career or life.
I am not a soldier, sailor, Marine or Airman; I am a civilian contractor who has been here for close to 3 years. I am not asking you to donate games for us but would like to continue the work that Shane Neuhaus has started and be a relay point for your contributions. I will provide you with pictures and a short detail of who got the games and what they plan to do with them.
If there are any questions about the legitimacy of my intentions you are more than welcome to e-mail me or call me at 713-422-9521 and I will be glad to speak with you. My mailing address is listed below and I hope to hear from you guys soon.

Kevin Stewart
KBR/ LSI
APO, AE 09381

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']Hey Shane sorry about not getting back to you , i did receive your last package!!! The MWR im at wont let thumb drives or anything plug into these computers so ill have to send you the pics when i get a chance. The area im i moved to now is very crazy , im sure you know what im talking about up here at Diamondback. We just been so busy , but hey with that COD4 you sent , and that DOA ultimate those games give us fun during our down time , which is much needed!!!! Again I wanna thank you , and ALL fellow CAG's who did donate games to this cause!!!!!:applause: You have made a difference for us over here , just about everyone loves to play games and alot of people in my unit just cant beleive that i received a package with a crap load of games. Its nice to see their reaction on there faces!!! Again I thank everyone at CAG who donated!!!

PS - my R&R is coming up in about 2 weeks so if anyone wants to get down on some gears my gamertag is NinjaLunchBox79 , hit me up and im sure ill play a match or 2 . . . . of course after i get married!!!!!![/quote]

Awesome! I am glad it made it to you and look forward to seeing the pics. I might have to hit you up on that Gears playtime and congrats on the marriage.

Sorry I have not finished updating this thread but I have some serious personal issues to straighten out here and I have barely been doing anything fun. Does feel great to be back. I did get some Vegas 2 in. Great game. Still looking forward to COD4 MP.

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']Hey Shane sorry about not getting back to you , i did receive your last package!!! The MWR im at wont let thumb drives or anything plug into these computers so ill have to send you the pics when i get a chance. The area im i moved to now is very crazy , im sure you know what im talking about up here at Diamondback. We just been so busy , but hey with that COD4 you sent , and that DOA ultimate those games give us fun during our down time , which is much needed!!!! Again I wanna thank you , and ALL fellow CAG's who did donate games to this cause!!!!!:applause: You have made a difference for us over here , just about everyone loves to play games and alot of people in my unit just cant beleive that i received a package with a crap load of games. Its nice to see their reaction on there faces!!! Again I thank everyone at CAG who donated!!!

PS - my R&R is coming up in about 2 weeks so if anyone wants to get down on some gears my gamertag is NinjaLunchBox79 , hit me up and im sure ill play a match or 2 . . . . of course after i get married!!!!!![/quote]

Awesome! I am glad it made it to you and look forward to seeing the pics. I might have to hit you up on that Gears playtime and congrats on the marriage.

Sorry I have not finished updating this thread but I have some serious personal issues to straighten out here and I have barely been doing anything fun. Does feel great to be back. I did get some Vegas 2 in. Great game. Still looking forward to COD4 MP.

[quote name='SteweyTQ']I forgot to add my e-mail address to the previous post. It is [email protected].[/quote]

Cool I sent you off an email mate! Will be from my hotmail addy, so just incase check your spam box. ;D

Nice to see someone steppin up to spearhead the donations again!

Nice to see an new post with the donation still going on.

Cheapy can you please make a new story also with the info about the new donations going down? Ive got a 2 pics from donations that made it to the marines there and will be keeping a flickr gallery.

Gonna set it up this weekend and will send you a link and details.

Have been keeping in contact with Kevin and his crew Micah and Stanley, great folks doing a great service for those serving overseas.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']wow, lots of smart ass kotaku comments on that story. what a bunch of fucks.[/quote]I was thinking the same thing. Kotaku's comment sections make my head explode.

Hi I am currently deployed to kuwait with frequent trips into iraq and would like to assist in the game drive. Anyone have suggestions? I have emailed kevin and am awaiting a response.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']wow, lots of smart ass kotaku comments on that story. what a bunch of fucks.[/quote]

Yeah, a lot of the comments on their site are quite dumb.

After reading the comments, I felt sick inside. thanks for posting the story Kotaku, no thanks for ruining it kommenters!

Long time since posting here because of some crazy personal shit going on in my life. I have not even played my Xbox! I just wanted to chime in and say that I have met Kevin and Micah. Those guys are legit and I stand by them. They have been there FOREVER!!! Really good guys, too.

I actually might be going back to the same part of Iraq in August just to get away and save some money. My name was brought up and I got a request, just need to decide if I should jump on it or not.

I have a few (5 or so) challenge coins that I bought in Iraq and I want to give away to some of you guys. I also have an American Flag that I flew over Iraq along with a commemmorative certificate to CheapAssGamer.com. I need to PM Cheapy and get his addy so I can mail it to him.

Since I havent played any games in forever, I will have a bunch to send out to Iraq. Hope you guys can do the same again. The effort was extremely positive the 1st time around and the 2nd wave could be just as good. Thanks again.

Shane

[quote name='magiic']that one indientendo guy seems like a real douche who is missing the whole point of this thing[/quote]
Haha, I thought this reply to indietendo64 was pretty funny.
[quote name='PixelatedSausage']This isn't American giving the troops incentive to still be there...oh yea, I think I'll stay in Iraq so I can play games like Nascar and Tony Hawk! Hooray. This is just giving them something to do in their off time instead of just staring at sand. This has nothing to do with leaving Iraq or anything like that...you are looking at this in such a wrong way.[/quote]

Those kotaku comments personally made me mad. Just the sheer ignorance of it alone is something else, but I digress.

I am in the Army ROTC program, contracted, and it won't be too much longer before I'll be spending time in either Iraq or Afghanistan. If I was in there shoes, even a crappy game would be fun to play just to get away from the battlefield and its constant stresses.

I'll certainly be sending some games their way, it is a small price to pay for someone else's happiness. :)

Can someone please clearify how I mail games to him? Do I have to fill out a bunch of forms and all that? Does it have to be USPS mailing service? I know I could just email him, but others may want to know as well.

can't believe i missed this story....
my little brother is currently stationed in iraq and i have been supplying his gaming needs, which in turn fills his buddies' needs . just sent a ps3 and games in january... sending a wii with games, an ipod, and a 32gb flash drive filled with anime (surprised as to how many marines actually watch anime) this week. our guys over there definitely need these types of "stress relief" while over there.

bread's done
Back