Official E3 2015 Thread

Kinda agree with him... they're showing lots of third party games that are timed exclusives, which really isn't that big of a deal these days.

Yes, Sony has their own exclusives and probably doesn't need help in that area but still, it'd be nice to see something like Shenmue III or FF7R be PS4 exclusive.
I think Shenmue is only gonna be PS4 and PC? But yea FFVII is definitely coming to Xbox later.

Sony had a good show. Horizon looked dope, I highly doubt we'll see it before 2017, but still. I just wish they would of focused a little more on real exclusives instead of "console debuts" and Playstation only DLC.

Oh and of course Uncharted 4 is gonna be incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was pleasantly surprised by Microsoft's conference, and Sony's nothing short of phenomenal. If Nintendo manages to match them then my head will explode from excitement. Won't be much longer until we find out, I suppose.

Can I ask a dumb question? Why all the hyperbole for a re-make? I like most of the early FF games, and do enjoy re-makes, but often they're just updated graphics and a tweak here and there. Not saying I won't get it, but just don't understand how that trumps quality new releases.

I enjoyed watching it quickly rise. I wanted to contribute, but the back rewards weren't what I wanted for the price I wanted to put in. I wanted a physical copy for PS4 and not a digital, but with this being such a huge Kickstarter it's almost a guarantee this will get a physical release.

Sony's show was hit and miss, but when it hit it, it hard! Final Fantasy VII Remake, Shenmue, and of course The Last Guardian were all great to see. Was really surprised to see Last Guardian hasn't changed much at all since we last saw it in 2009. Still very little is really known about the game, but it definitely looks more Ico than SotC. Also No Man's Sky is going to incredible!

I enjoyed watching it quickly rise. I wanted to contribute, but the back rewards weren't what I wanted for the price I wanted to put in. I wanted a physical copy for PS4 and not a digital, but with this being such a huge Kickstarter it's almost a guarantee this will get a physical release.

Sony's show was hit and miss, but when it hit it, it hard! Final Fantasy VII Remake, Shenmue, and of course The Last Guardian were all great to see. Was really surprised to see Last Guardian hasn't changed much at all since we last saw it in 2009. Still very little is really known about the game, but it definitely looks more Ico than SotC. Also No Man's Sky is going to incredible!
Agreed on Shenmue, you can almost guarantee that it will end up with a physical release and probably on XB1 since they went Kickstarter funded instead of exclusivity funded.

Only games that caught my eye from SONY:

Batman: Arkham Knight - I will buy next week
Star Wars: Battlefront
Uncharted 4
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Horizon Zero Dawn

I could care less about Disney Infinity 3.0 or Call of Duty: Black Ops 3. But no news on Kingdom Hearts 3 or Final Fantasy XV?

Can I ask a dumb question? Why all the hyperbole for a re-make? I like most of the early FF games, and do enjoy re-makes, but often they're just updated graphics and a tweak here and there. Not saying I won't get it, but just don't understand how that trumps quality new releases.
Because fans have been clamoring for it for over a decade now and the game has NOT aged well at all.

I don't see what's the hype about Final Fantasy VII? I mean, I bought the original PS1 game and still haven't had a chance to play it yet.

I think ff7 is where the series got the regular user to buy it. It was huge back then. I can only imagine how many hours I dropped in that game. And I never really fell hard for any other ff game. If this is a true remake for the ground up built for next generation that would explain the hype. Cloud was a hero people could relate to.

I found it interesting that the Vita got hardly any mention at the conference.  It's almost like they reluctantly put it in as a "yeah, it's still a thing" reminder.  Granted, mine is used more for remote play on the PS4, but it'd be nice to see just a little love for that device and its awesomeness.

Only games that caught my eye from SONY:
Batman: Arkham Knight - I will buy next week
Star Wars: Battlefront
Uncharted 4
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Horizon Zero Dawn
I could care less about Disney Infinity 3.0 or Call of Duty: Black Ops 3. But no news on Kingdom Hearts 3 or Final Fantasy XV?
Square has a conference today, they might show up there.

I found it interesting that the Vita got hardly any mention at the conference. It's almost like they reluctantly put it in as a "yeah, it's still a thing" reminder. Granted, mine is used more for remote play on the PS4, but it'd be nice to see just a little love for that device and its awesomeness.
When I saw a small portion of Vita yesterday, I was saying, "Vita has games?"

I was 14 or 15 years old when FF7 came out for the PS1. Anyone who was a gamer back then will remember what a huge event that was. It was the first of the few games I ever pre-ordered.  It was the reason I saved up money to buy a Playstation. The Playstation wasn't an established console before that game came out. When I heard that some of my favorite series like Final Fantasy, Mega Man X, and Castlevainia were going to Playstation I was sure I was getting it. Unfortunately, like a lot of PS1 games, the graphics have not aged well. Even though the game play and story is great. That's why it needs a remake. It's a great game, but even retro gamers with lots of nostalgia for the game have a hard time going back to it.  

Anybody watching Nintendo's conference? I'm at work and can't... just following what snippets of news that I see on my phone. 

Got excited about a new Metroid game but looks like it's a multiplayer game. Weak. 

Remember how all your xbox 1 games were going to be on 360? Yeah its going to be like that again. Also, who cares all that stuff was sold off a long time ago. I have not missed a single one of those games. Looking at the list of what is available now I owned 2 of them and both are multiplatform...
No it's not. Microsoft didn't make the same mistake with Xbox 360 they did with the original in regards to the GPU and getting locked into that deal with nVidia.

They had a better deal with the pricing of the hardware and likely already had a deal in the bag should the issue of bc come up for the One. It's the reason I was so surprised MS didn't originally announce it with the release of the One. Apparently MS was holding it in reserve for something to really combat the PS4. Very smart move by MS.

Apparently it also covers XBLA. I hope this means that XBLA and 360 MP will stay locked in for One.

Anyway, I'm a "Lost Odyssey" owner so I give a shit, especially since LO was not released on the PC and the earlier 360 was suffering from RROD. Now if only MS got smart and started getting aggressive on their pricing for the digital 360 stuff like Sony does with Flash sales or the times people rave about Steam and GOG pricing.

Viva Pinata, Magatama, Chromehounds(I know the MP is down, it's just an example), Kameo, etc. I'm sure there are a bunch of arcade titles as well that are exclusives.

I received the impression that physical discs are covered under the bc as well.

edit: Oh and MS should remove the region restrictions for download options from Japan. Convenience store simulator here I come.

So...yea.

Nintendo's lineup for Digital Event:

- Star Fox Zero
- Animal Crossing Happy Home Design
- Animal Crossing amiibo Festival
- Super Mario Maker
- Yokai Watch
- Mario & Luigi Paper Jam
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
- Fire Emblem Fates
- Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
- Yoshi's Wooly World

Nintendo conference was mehh... The inly thing that intrigue me was the new fire emblem game. Nothing really mind blowing.

The only thing i was waiting for was a price drop announcement... $199 wii u would have been huge imo and could have probably sway people to buy a console now while wee wait fot nintendo nx

Nintendo has the games I'm probanly gonna buy, but Sony's lineup of exclusive games was much more impressive. In my view, Sony and Bethesda were the best conferences so far.

So...yea.

Nintendo's lineup for Digital Event:

- Star Fox Zero
- Animal Crossing Happy Home Design
- Animal Crossing amiibo Festival
- Super Mario Maker
- Yokai Watch
- Mario & Luigi Paper Jam
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
- Fire Emblem Fates
- Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
- Yoshi's Wooly World
Super Mario maker with community Support could be killer

Oh yea, all those games will likely be fun. Definitely getting Wooly World, Paper Jam, and Xenoblade. But all the new stuff was just spinoffs. Multiplayer spinoffs.

My opinion on the conferences: Bethesda (Doom, fallout, YES) > Sony > Nintendo (at least their games are always fun, I mostly play FPSs for the stories that are now being put second to multi-player) > Microsoft and everything else can just be lumped together lol.

So far this square enix conference is the most boring, but at least the games look pretty cool.

My opinion on the conferences: Bethesda (Doom, fallout, YES) > Sony > Nintendo (at least their games are always fun, I mostly play FPSs for the stories that are now being put second to multi-player) > Microsoft and everything else can just be lumped together lol.

So far this square enix conference is the most boring, but at least the games look pretty cool.
I think Bethesda, Microsoft, and Sony all put on pretty great shows. I think Sony takes the cake simply for Last Guardian, Shenmue 3, and of course Final Fantasy VII Remake. On top of those Megaton announcements, No Man's Sky continues to look incredibly ambitious and impressive and of course Uncharted 4 looks phenomenal.

I think Bethesda, Microsoft, and Sony all put on pretty great shows. I think Sony takes the cake simply for Last Guardian, Shenmue 3, and of course Final Fantasy VII Remake. On top of those Megaton announcements, No Man's Sky continues to look incredibly ambitious and impressive and of course Uncharted 4 looks phenomenal.
I placed Bethesda highest because all their games hit the mark, all amazing gameplay demos/trailers, and the conference as a whole was exciting. Whereas there were parts of Sony that were just meh and didn't really need to be there (like disney infinity for example). I'm probably most excited for FF7, Shenmue 3, and fire watch though.
Out of everything I know I am most excited for Last Guardian! Can't wait for that.

In other news:
KH3 looks great, who even asked for KH unchained to be a tablet/iPhone game...(I'll wait for the inevitable remake/rehash/remix), and all the other games I didn't know about look cool/interesting. That conference was extremely boring though lol.

I placed Bethesda highest because all their games hit the mark, all amazing gameplay demos/trailers, and the conference as a whole was exciting. Whereas there were parts of Sony that were just meh and didn't really need to be there (like disney infinity for example). I'm probably most excited for FF7, Shenmue 3, and fire watch though.
Out of everything I know I am most excited for Last Guardian! Can't wait for that.

In other news:
KH3 looks great, who even asked for KH unchained to be a tablet/iPhone game...(I'll wait for the inevitable remake/rehash/remix), and all the other games I didn't know about look cool/interesting. That conference was extremely boring though lol.
Bethesda was great, but I was hoping to see Prey 2. I was very happy with Fallout 4 and Dishonored 2 though, Battlecry was really the only thing I have no interest in that they showed.

Bethesda was great, but I was hoping to see Prey 2. I was very happy with Fallout 4 and Dishonored 2 though, Battlecry was really the only thing I have no interest in that they showed.
Battlecry looked a bit lackluster, I agree.
Everything else I was happy with. :)

I've been following off and this week.  Just ran into a shit load of work and wasn't able to watch live.  Well from what little I've seen, so far:

Bethesda's Fallout 4 CE announcement was good.  Went ahead and preordered that.

Was hoping for a Fallout 3/New Vegas remaster but got Dishonored instead.  ;)

Xbox One being backwards compatible.  Hurray!  BUT I hope it's able to play downloaded Xbox games.  Got Ninja Gaiden: Black and Jade Empire - classics I can't let go of yet.  ALSO have Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction on disk...come to think of it, might not be as good of news as I initially thought.

Uncharted 4 looks good and that new game from the developers of Killzone looks decent too 

KH3 looked fun but I was hopping for a peek at a few characters and worlds. Rapunzel's tower in the background got me excited. I know my daughter is going to love watching me play this.

Shenmue 3 at 2.7 million with 31 days to go. It took less than 12 hours for this to get funded. Crazy stuff. $10k pledge to have lunch with Yu were gone within a couple hours.

No Man's Sky looks mind blowing. I know the goal is to get to the center of the universe, but my question is how? What's the purpose of discovering planets, getting in space fights?

Disappointed with Nintendo. Not a lot of Wii U stuff.

After watching the NWC, I had high hopes for the digital event but god that was boring plus no new info on WiiU Zelda.

Sony did a way better job than Nintendo because it had a lot of new things to share. Although Microsoft destroyed both of them.

Although my life is crying seeing Fallout 4 comes November 10th and then Just Cause 3 and Xenoblade get released in early December.

KH3 looked fun but I was hopping for a peek at a few characters and worlds. Rapunzel's tower in the background got me excited. I know my daughter is going to love watching me play this.

Shenmue 3 at 2.7 million with 31 days to go. It took less than 12 hours for this to get funded. Crazy stuff. $10k pledge to have lunch with Yu were gone within a couple hours.

No Man's Sky looks mind blowing. I know the goal is to get to the center of the universe, but my question is how? What's the purpose of discovering planets, getting in space fights?

Disappointed with Nintendo. Not a lot of Wii U stuff.
I will be pledging $300 for the package to get Yu's autograph. I just want the option of having Japanese audio with English subtitles. I mean I already dislike dubbing on principle but Shenmue's is just painful to listen to. One of the voices in the original Shenmue was some of the worst VAing I had ever heard. I mean this woman was clearly not even trying.

Additionally, giving people the option of FLAC in terms of digital as well as MP3 would be smart. What about people that like Lossless audio after all?

Didn't Sega budget some absurdly small amount of money for Shenmue's English dub and only decide to have one at all at the last minute?

I wish they wouldn't have bothered or just given us an option.  I really get angry that offering original audio and subtitles for movies is a given but for games they always think..."Oh they'll all prefer a dub." 

But yeah, just give me the option or I will just plain turn off the audio or wait for someone to offer a patch.

The one eternally great thing I can say for Shenmue 3 is that it will likely FINALLY fucking support dual analog.  I don't understand WHY Shenmue 2 for the Xbox never added dual analog support.

I know the Shenmue dub was bad, REALLY bad. But I still liked it for the absurd performance. On one end you had Ryo with his stale, often uncomfortable lines. Then you had the over-the-top stuff that had always gets me laughing.

I wonder if they would take Corey Marshall back as Ryo? They did use him in Sega & Sonic All-Star Racing.

I definitely prefer the Japanese audio option... I find that listening to a language I don't understand helps to soften the terrible dialogue occurring on the screen.

I'm guessing the new Homefront wasn't at e3? Did it get cancelled also? Also didn't hear or see anything about Wild, Rime, or The Witness.
I hope Homefront get's cancelled. The first game was terrible and do we really need another military style shooter? Surprised we didn't see any Rime or The Witness, but surely they are on the show floor. They will probably have a larger presence at Gamescom.

I hope Homefront get's cancelled. The first game was terrible and do we really need another military style shooter? Surprised we didn't see any Rime or The Witness, but surely they are on the show floor. They will probably have a larger presence at Gamescom.
Isn't Sony skipping Gamestop? I haven't heard or seen them in the show floor.

Not gonna lie, this year's E3 was actually pretty damn good... with the exception of Nintendo, but that's not a real surprise I guess. 

The only thing missing is Beyond Good & Evil 2. When TLG, Shenmue III and FF7R show up but not BG&E2, you know it's a bad sign for the game. 

bread's done
Back