Official F2P Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Wow, I didn't notice the credits cap and character cap before. If I cancelled my sub, would they delete excess characters and remove excess credits, or would they come back if I resubbed?

EDIT: Reading the FAQ on the SWTOR website, looks like characters just become inactive rather than deleted. Can't seem to figure out what would happen to excess credits though.[/QUOTE]

They just announced today that all preferred players will now get 6 character slots. This means anyone with a previous subscription or those who have spent at least $5 on the cartel market will always have 6 character slots AND 4 quick bars.

[quote name='tcrash247']I installed this game again but after seeing all the ridiculous restrictions I have almost no urge to play. I have to pay to get my side quick bars, title displayed, Legacy name displayed and the ability to hide my fucking helmet? Yeah, that's quite stupid.

Does anyone know if you pay for say, a month, do you keep access to all things I listed? Or does it all go away when your subscription runs out unless you pay cartel coins for it?[/QUOTE]

I played the game when it first came out but stopped because it felt less like an MMO and more like a RPG and I decided it wasn't worth the money each month. I was looking forward to the change to F2P until I updated and got back in the game. I don't see why anyone would want to play this as a F2P. Star Trek did it right. Oh Bioware, you should have just made a true KOTOR3.

[quote name='deszaras']I played the game when it first came out but stopped because it felt less like an MMO and more like a RPG and I decided it wasn't worth the money each month. I was looking forward to the change to F2P until I updated and got back in the game. I don't see why anyone would want to play this as a F2P. Star Trek did it right. Oh Bioware, you should have just made a true KOTOR3.[/QUOTE]
My record player is broken, but they didn't get the memo on what F2P stands for.

Hey guys!

1.6 is just around the corner and is bringing new PvP content, The Ancient Hypergates, and new Space Missions!

Game Update 1.6 introduces a new Warzone, Ancient Hypergate, where you can team up with other players to fight for control of powerful energy pylons to unleash the power of the ancient Gree hypergate against your enemies. Six new Heroic Space Missions are also available for each faction. These missions will be a challenge even for the greatest pilots in the galaxy!

http://www.swtor.com/blog/scheduled-maintenance-game-update-1.6-december-11th-2012

For PvPers, all of the War Hero gear is now going to be priced the same as the current Battlemaster gear. This means no more complaining about gear if you get ROFL stomped!

Started playing this yesterday using the codes that I got from a free standard version and the collectors edition that I bought for $20 to get the statue.

Seems like a decent game if you just ignore the MMO parts. Through the prologue its like a slightly cheesy version of the KOTOR games. Not sure how much content later in the game requires grouping, but I will probably play through my two months with it under the disguise of a single player game.

Hope you do enjoy it! The MMO aspect of the game is very instance oriented, which is why the game should feel like a singleplayer on the first few planets. Majority of your MMO content will be completed by you clicking a button to queue in for Flashpoints (Dungeons) and Warzones (PvP). Operations and world bosses will require travel to certain locations.

What server are you on AdvOfJet?

Is there any point to buying the $15 boxed copy? It comes with a free month, but do you have to be a subscriber to get the free month? Is it better to start off as a subscriber, or wait until you've leveled up some?

[quote name='jk555']Is there any point to buying the $15 boxed copy? It comes with a free month, but do you have to be a subscriber to get the free month? Is it better to start off as a subscriber, or wait until you've leveled up some?[/QUOTE]

Level up with F2P and if you enjoy the game enough that you want to keep playing once you hit 50, then purchase the boxed copy if you like. This will put on subscriber status and allow you to have nothing locked out from you.

What server are you on jk555?

Also in other news:

New Expansion is set for pre-order, Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/press-release/20121218

The Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel will send players to Makeb, a dual-faction planet where players will continue their battles with the merciless Hutt Cartel. During their journey, players will meet new allies, make new enemies and uncover the cutting-edge technology on this vibrant planet. Experience five new levels of story driven missions to an already expansive; epic online universe that will raise the level cap to 55.

Quick update, you have until Monday to pre-order Rise of the Hutt Cartel to get in on the early access!

If you don't have a level 50, then I suggest you do not bother with it then since the expansion is mainly end game content.

Tried getting back into after being in it the first 3 months, but for some reason having a hard time now as a F2P'er

[quote name='Lexian']Tried getting back into after being in it the first 3 months, but for some reason having a hard time now as a F2P'er[/QUOTE]

What server are you on?

And what do you mean by hard time? Just not enough quickbars? or do you feel the game is more difficult?

I am on The Bastion and I have plenty of alts that I run around on. More than happy to help anyone if they are on that server.

[quote name='tcrash247']My friend started playing this the other day and he claims that you no longer get gear as quest rewards, is this true?[/QUOTE]

As a subscriber I am unsure of this, because I have been going on my alts and I have been getting gear from turning in my quests. However I can chime in and say that those that are F2P players you will not be able to equip any artifact quality (purple) gear/modifications. Which really only makes it an issue @ level 50 (means you can't equip endgame gear unless you purchase unlocks/sub).

As long as you have a sub friend, F2P players will still be able to have a good time with the game. I sit on tons of XP boost items and creds are easy for me to make, so a F2P player would have no need to worry about these things.

Like I said before, I am on The Bastion with a handful of lowbies!

Yeah, I know you can't equip epics as F2P, but if he's right and F2P subs don't get any sort of gear from completing quests, then that's a huge crutch only being able to rely on drops for gear. I can't imagine that's true though, because with all the F2P restrictions, that would be the worst one for people wanting to level.

You still can receive planet/pve/pvp commendations. It may be limited in cap size, but commendations are more than enough to gear a toon.

Honestly, I sucked at this game at first and had no idea what was good and what not. I want to say I hit 50 with level 45 green gear on my first toon. The Story is not hard and because of the way the end game is designed, any gear you get before 50 is practically worthless at 50 (unless it is an orange moddable piece).

The game is free, the only thing you sacrifice is 25 GB on your HDD and the time it takes to download it.

If you're not getting any gear outside drops and some accommodations then you're going to have a hard time just leveling. It's possible you won't even have any gear in some of your slots for a majority of the game. Do you work for Bioware? You push this awful game awfully hard.

Just a huge star wars fan :D

And a huge PvP fan. For me PvE stuff is just auto-pilot :p

As for the gear drop, I sorry I do not know the answer for gear drops for F2P players. As a subber I do get gear drops from all quests.

I am tempted to re-sub up for the expac because I would like to it and play the ne raids and stuff, but Patch 5.2 is coming for WoW and I will probably play that more. Decisions, decisions.

Play WoW for the time being. The digital expansion isn't expected for another few more months (look at late April or early May).

In light of all this, today is the last day to get the 5 day early access to the digital expansion.

[quote name='Psykodelik']I tried playing this again w/my 43 (or 47?) BH. Just didn't feel the same now that it's F2P.[/QUOTE]

How so?

Only curious, because you are so close to the endgame content. Ranked Warzones and Operations are just around the corner :D

And if you rolled a Powertech, then welcome to the PvP Killer of the month. In a pure DPS race, you can wipe any class. If you happen to be a Mercenary, then well your heals are pretty meh and your dps is meh aswell because of the lack of your lack of defensive abilities.

However in PvE, the Mercenary is more than capable of carrying their own weight in DPS and Heals.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='j-cart']How so?

Only curious, because you are so close to the endgame content. Ranked Warzones and Operations are just around the corner :D

And if you rolled a Powertech, then welcome to the PvP Killer of the month. In a pure DPS race, you can wipe any class. If you happen to be a Mercenary, then well your heals are pretty meh and your dps is meh aswell because of the lack of your lack of defensive abilities.

However in PvE, the Mercenary is more than capable of carrying their own weight in DPS and Heals.[/QUOTE]

I know, it's a PT (fire based). I got on launch, played on the dev's server (forgot name), played w/co-workers and rolled alts. I loved the storyline for my class and I guess I got burnt out from playing too much. Now with F2P, co-workers / friends I met no longer play and it just feels different to me. I might give it a go again but we'll see.

Only one MMO that kept me going back was AO (anarchy online) but that's a different story.

PS. PT has ALWAYS been FOTM. All classes has their ups but PT was number 1. My 1st toon was a agent / sniper and I loved playing it but once I got used to the PT I never turned back. Sith are good too but I hate running up to my mob then get pushed back from other person's skill.

PVE: PT and Mako always great together.

What server are you on? There are plenty of guilds always looking for a Pryo PT for their ranked warzone teams.

Also Kolto Overload is the best heal in the game :D

I'm also playing on The Bastion, Republic side.

Haven't been active on CAG much ever since I got hooked on the game last January.

[quote name='Antipodes']I'm also playing on The Bastion, Republic side.

Haven't been active on CAG much ever since I got hooked on the game last January.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly who you are :D

[quote name='j-cart']You still can receive planet/pve/pvp commendations. It may be limited in cap size, but commendations are more than enough to gear a toon.

Honestly, I sucked at this game at first and had no idea what was good and what not. I want to say I hit 50 with level 45 green gear on my first toon. The Story is not hard and because of the way the end game is designed, any gear you get before 50 is practically worthless at 50 (unless it is an orange moddable piece).

The game is free, the only thing you sacrifice is 25 GB on your HDD and the time it takes to download it.[/QUOTE]
Oh trust me, it wasn't you sucking. The game reminded me of WoW in its early years, when the devs didn't understand how their game worked either. Once it was determined that stacking power/surge mods was BiS by players, we ended up ripping mods from other class' gear from the highest tier gear. If I logged in on my BH right now, I'd have like 10 or so marauder lightsabers sitting in my bank rofl.

They even tried to quell this by hard capping surge at 80%, but it changed nothing. People still stacked power/surge because there WAS no alternative. I didn't believe my buddy when he said the game would be F2P in a year, but he showed me. . .[quote name='GhostShark']I am tempted to re-sub up for the expac because I would like to it and play the ne raids and stuff, but Patch 5.2 is coming for WoW and I will probably play that more. Decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]
You and I both know WoW is a lifestyle; you'll have no time outside WoW to play TOR lol.

[quote name='j-cart']And if you rolled a Powertech, then welcome to the PvP Killer of the month. In a pure DPS race, you can wipe any class. If you happen to be a Mercenary, then well your heals are pretty meh and your dps is meh aswell because of the lack of your lack of defensive abilities.[/QUOTE]
Unless things changed, you could shut a PT down with one simple ability: cure. Remove the fire dot and game over. I used to laugh at mercs/PTs spouting off that 'pyro iz dah best!' Then I'd just cure myself and wipe the floor with them as assault (same for sniper engineers and their poisons).

And the only class that was ever really OP was marauder in the right hands. Operative (pre-HB nerf) a close second, but only in 1v1.

Pyro PTs are able to apply their DoTs with extreme ease now, however they are a pure DPS race. Practically no survive-ability, but they still have are better than Merc Pyros who have negative survive-ability.

Granted when I talk about Advances Class, I mention it in terms of what is needed on a Ranked Warzone team. There are guys out there that can play these weaker classes pretty damn well, but in terms of have the BEST team out there, they become the fat kid at recess.

Got a pretty good amount of RWZ in today. Started off 4-0 against nobodies (welcome to Rateds :D was everyone's comment). Then the challenges started to pop up and a depressing 1-2 happened. Still need to figure out the new Hypergate map, we had a double cap that put us in the lead, but their kills out weighed the cap so their next cap gave them enough to win (kills+cap is better than just cap). Felt like we out played them in terms of objectives, but loss because of how previous kills add to the following cap score. Last game was against one of the better rated teams, we had the huttball grabs, but not being able to commit to the score hurt us.

Either way, playing Ranked Warzones has me hooked on this game. Nothing better than playing a game with other people all with specific tasks that only their character can do, and we only have one goal on our mind, win :D

[quote name='Jodou']Unless things changed, you could shut a PT down with one simple ability: cure. Remove the fire dot and game over. I used to laugh at mercs/PTs spouting off that 'pyro iz dah best!' Then I'd just cure myself and wipe the floor with them as assault (same for sniper engineers and their poisons).

And the only class that was ever really OP was marauder in the right hands. Operative (pre-HB nerf) a close second, but only in 1v1.[/QUOTE]

LOL i do remember that..cure. I've came across a few of those when I was questing. Still why I loved my Mako. :)

[quote name='j-cart']I know exactly who you are :D[/QUOTE]

What guild are you in?

Pyro PTs spam Flame Burst, which applies the DoT, not to mention the DoT has a high chance of proc'ing from their basic attack. Spending a GCD on "cleanse" is very situational.

PvP balance in SWTOR actually a lot better than most clueless PvPers make it out to be. With the exception of Mercs/Commandos, the other 7 advanced classes have at least one spec that is highly valued in Rated Warzones.

[quote name='Antipodes']What guild are you in?

Pyro PTs spam Flame Burst, which applies the DoT, not to mention the DoT has a high chance of proc'ing from their basic attack. Spending a GCD on "cleanse" is very situational.

PvP balance in SWTOR actually a lot better than most clueless PvPers make it out to be. With the exception of Mercs/Commandos, the other 7 advanced classes have at least one spec that is highly valued in Rated Warzones.[/QUOTE]

Currently apart of Nothing Personal.

Was apart of the Hidden Fortress/Other Side, but never was on their A Team. Aeryon is a good friend of mine that brought me in over there. Sadly he is over the game right now and is rather busy in with real life.

Hope to see your guild back in the mix, it's lonely in ranked warzones and it's rare to see a Republic team :(

So hey, I have a question: whatever happened to the Ilum redesign? Is that part of the expac coming up or have they just left it an abandoned, ghost town that nobody can enter?

[quote name='Jodou']So hey, I have a question: whatever happened to the Ilum redesign? Is that part of the expac coming up or have they just left it an abandoned, ghost town that nobody can enter?[/QUOTE]

Supposedly a redone version of Ilum is to come very soon (like in the next few weeks). However there have been zero concrete details about it. Speculation points to an instance style open PvP, instead of pure open world. Hickman does briefly talk about Ilum, but really it is just fluff with no details.

[quote name='Jeff Hickman'] something that encourages organic PvP in contested areas in a new and interesting way, but do not look for massive new Open World PvP this year (outside of what I mentioned above).[/QUOTE]

As of right now, Ilum is only used for the PvE Dailies. If this new Ilum gives PvPers something more to do, I'll be in on it! As of right now PvPers have only 1 daily and 1 weekly. PvEers have an ass load of weekly and dailies to keep them occupied on a single toon.

[quote name='j-cart']Supposedly a redone version of Ilum is to come very soon (like in the next few weeks). However there have been zero concrete details about it. Speculation points to an instance style open PvP, instead of pure open world. Hickman does briefly talk about Ilum, but really it is just fluff with no details.

As of right now, Ilum is only used for the PvE Dailies. If this new Ilum gives PvPers something more to do, I'll be in on it! As of right now PvPers have only 1 daily and 1 weekly. PvEers have an ass load of weekly and dailies to keep them occupied on a single toon.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, so bottom line: nothing changed. Sums up their priorities and why I'd never go back.

It wouldn't be fair to state "nothing changed" because a lot of things have changed for both better and worse.

Ilum was removed because of kill trading, which exploited the gear progression system, and because of the IMP vs REP ratio (which on some servers were almost 3:1). Also keep in mind that SWTOR is not a PvP first MMO, it is theme parked for story and PvE content. So if Open world PvP is your thing, then SWTOR would not be your first choice.

In light of all that, I think they nailed the Warzone PvP very well. Just hope they would finally start season one of Ranks because we have been in a very long pre-season!

[quote name='j-cart']Ilum was removed because of kill trading, which exploited the gear progression system, and because of the IMP vs REP ratio (which on some servers were almost 3:1).[/QUOTE]
No, it was removed because it was a pile of shit. It had no real objective or consequences other than a 'here you go, world pvp sandbox'. This was their attempt to contain and feed pvp players like housecats. True PKs are not fed, we hunt.

The gaming of the system was a symptom of this disrespect. Players just showed up for the loot and cared nothing about the objectives or PvP. Ironically, the best pvp to be found was on that neutral planet (Voss IIRC) where guards wouldn't intervene in town, so you could just gank or get rolled freely. That place was by far my fondest memory for world pvp, proving that it could be done right when the devs were asleep at the wheel.

Yeah, Voss was awesome and not only because it looked awesome. I killed a lot of people there. Probably the most fun I had with the game.

Just this past weekend on The Bastion Server, the guild Alpha Republic hosted a "Pod" Race on the sands of Tatooine. The race consisted of check points that each racer must "/wave" to judge to prevent cheating. Besides that the rules were free for all sabotage to any racer in the designated PvP zones. Pretty awesome event that was put together.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mcDhM4_fOs&feature=youtu.be

Ah that sounds pretty cool actually. I should tell me guild about that. Which means I would actually need to get my ass back on and play again too.

As for as the teaming up with other people part of this game goes, I always kind of preferred play organized stuff like this and datacron runs (even though some of those crons are a HUGE PITA to get to!) etc over just running the same flashpoints and ops and stuff over and over.

PvP is back at Ilum! It not be in the form of true Open World PvP, but it is something new outside of the warzones.

Incoming 1.7 Patch info! Official 1.7 Patch Notes

Highlights
A new Event, Relics of the Gree, has been added to the Western Ice Shelf on Ilum. An ancient Gree starship called "Gray Secant" has transformed the battlefield into a crucible for research, with PvE and PvP missions available for the duration of the Event. Earning Reputation with the Gree Enclave will unlock permission to board Gray Secant itself, which includes access to a new Operation boss - Xenoanalyst II. The "Relics of the Gree" Event will last for two weeks and will return in the future!

Galactic Reputation is a new system for advancing your Legacy. You can unlock Reputation ranks by completing missions for various organizations and earning Reputation Trophies, which can be consumed to earn Reputation points. Higher Reputation ranks will unlock rewards such as mini-pets, cosmetic gear, and Legacy Titles.

The final Cartel Pack of our initial set of packs (known as Shipment One) has arrived. The Space Pirate Pack features a wider variety of exclusive items than any previous pack!

Legacy Titles can now be unlocked in your character sheet. Legacy Titles occupy the slot below your name in your nameplate, and once unlocked, they are available to all characters in your Legacy. Your Legacy surname and Legacy Title surname are independent and can be toggled separately. Character and Cartel Market menus have been updated to reflect this.

Cartel Market

General
-Updated the Cartel Market storefront to differentiate between Character Titles and Legacy Titles.

New Items
-A new cartel pack, the Space Pirate's Cartel Pack, is now available on the Market. Cost: 360 Cartel Coins
-"It's a Surprise!" and "I Love You" Jawagrams are now available for a limited time! Cost: 20 Cartel Coins
-Players can now purchase a Hypercrate containing 24 Space Pirate's Cartel Packs. (Discounted by 15% for a limited time!) Cost: 7344

New Discounts
-The Blockade Runner Cartel Pack is now discounted by 5%. Cost: 342 Cartel Coins
-Authorization: Artifact Equipment (Account) is now discounted by 10%. Cost: 2430 Cartel Coins
-Authorization: Artifact Equipment (Character) is now discounted by 25%. Cost: 900 Cartel Coins
-Major Experience Boost (x5) are now discounted by 25%. Cost: 360 Cartel Coins
-The Carbonite Chamber is now discounted by 25%. Cost: 540 Cartel Coins
-The Experimental Flight Suit is now Discounted by 50%. Cost: 600 Cartel Coins

Expiring Discounts
-Access Authorization: Section X (Character) is no longer 10% off. Cost: 540 Cartel Coins
-Access Authorization: Section X (Account) is no longer 10% off. Cost: 1,215 Cartel Coinsl
-Unlock: Cargo Hold Access (Character) is no longer 20% off. Cost: 380 Cartel Coinsl
-Unlock: Cargo Hold Access (Account) is no longer 20% off. Cost: 840 Cartel Coins
-Unlock: Additional Cargo Bay (Character) is no longer 20% off. Cost: 380 Cartel Coins
-Unlock: Additional Cargo Bay (Account) is no longer 20% off. Cost: 840 Cartel Coins
-Medical Probes are no longer 50% off. Cost: 250 Cartel Coins

Bug Fixes
-Players are now able to use more than one Category-specific Experience Boost simultaneously. Ex: A player may have both a Warzone and Space Experience Boost active at the same time. However, General Experience Boosts may not be combined with Category-specific Experience Boosts.
Several Cartel Market tooltips have been corrected to indicate that they unlock for characters rather than full accounts.

-Players who had previously obtained a piece of the Spymaster, Conservator's, Phantom, Despot's, Perceptor's, or Trailblazer's equipment set will receive a matching piece of the "Classic" version of the item. You will find the "Classic" version of the item delivered via in-game mail or inside of the equipment lockbox where you originally obtained the item.
The tooltip for Social Boost items now indicate that the cooldown is 1 hour.
Updated the art for the Skip Tracker's Cartel Pack to accurately depict the Stylish Dancer's items.

General
-The number of abilities players can learn has been significantly increased, allowing anyone who had been unable to summon a new pet or vehicle to now do so.
Added a Cargo Bay, Guild Bank, mail box and Galactic Trade Network Terminal to VIP area on the Republic and Imperial Fleets.

-All players located on Ilum prior to Game Update 1.7 will now find their positions to be updated. Imperial characters will be at the Imperial planetary shuttle and Republic characters will be located at the Republic planetary shuttle.

Flashpoints and Operations
Operations
Terror From Beyond
-Reduced the damage dealt by Hypergate Irregularities during the encounter with Terror From Beyond in 16-player Story Mode.

Items and Economy
General
-Item sell values and item repair costs now reflect the value of the items and any enhancements attached to them. Previously, items were incorrectly being valued without their enhancements.

Vendors
-The Bartenders on the Republic and Imperial Fleets now sell "Flower Delivery" Jawagrams for 1,000 Credits.

Legacy
General
-Galactic Reputation is a new system for advancing your Legacy. You can unlock Reputation ranks by completing missions for various organizations and earning Reputation Trophies, which can be consumed to earn Reputation points. Higher Reputation ranks will unlock rewards such as mini-pets, cosmetic gear, and Legacy Titles. There are four Reputations are currently available:
-The Voss
-The Gree Enclave
-Republic Hyperspace Armada / Imperial First Mobile Fleet
-Republic 5th Assault Battalion / Imperial Guard on Belsavis

-Legacy Titles can now be unlocked in your character sheet. Legacy Titles occupy the slot below your name in your nameplate, and once unlocked, they are available to all characters in your Legacy. Your Legacy surname and Legacy Title surname are independent and can be toggled separately.

-Priority Transport: Personal Starship is now available as a Legacy unlock. This ability requires Legacy level 15 and character level 20 and does not share a cooldown with any other Priority Transport unlock.

Bug Fixes
-The tooltips for "Improved Rocket Boost" Legacy unlocks now properly indicate that will have no effect on player speed without first unlocking the "Rocket Boost" first.
-The Legacy Character unlock for the Imperial version of HK-51 is now properly restricted to Imperial characters.

Missions and NPCs
General
-A new Event has been added to the Western Ice Shelf on Ilum. An ancient Gree starship called "Gray Secant" has transformed the battlefield into a crucible for research, with PvE and PvP missions available for the duration of the Event. Earning Reputation with the Gree Enclave will unlock permission to board Gray Secant itself, which includes access to a new Operation boss - Xenoanalyst II. The "Relics of the Gree" Event will last for two weeks and will return in the future!

Missions
World Missions
Belsavis
-A new Reputation Vendor is present in both the Imperial and Republic camps of Section X.
-Reputation Trophies are now awarded for completing daily and weekly missions in Section X.
-Section X: Data Raid: The respawn timer has been decreased for the Energy Tubes in this Imperial Mission.
-Section X: March of the Dread Guard: Players who exit the mission phase before completing all objectives will no longer be prevented from re-entering the phase.
-Section X: [AREA 2+] Lost Reconnaissance: All enemies, including the Voracious Tuk'ata, now count toward mission credit when defeated.
-Section X: Targeted Misfire: Both Jedi Special Operatives and Jedi Protectors now drop targeting beacons.

Voss
-A new weekly mission is available in the Voss-Ka Cantina: "The Defense of Voss-Ka." This mission rewards ---Reputation Trophies with The Voss.
-Reputation Trophies are now awarded for completing many Heroic missions on Voss.
-A new Reputation Vendor is present in the Voss-Ka Cantina.

Class Missions
Jedi Knight
-The Jedi Envoy: The arrivals console will now properly advise players that "You must have T-7 with you to do this" when they attempt to use the console without this companion summoned.

Jedi Consular
The Arrival: The arrivals console on Coruscant will now properly advise players that "You must have Qyzen Fess with you to do this" when they attempt to use the console without this companion summoned.

Smuggler
-The Gambler: The arrivals console on Coruscant will now properly advise players that "You must have Corso Riggs with you to do this" when they attempt to use the console without this companion summoned.

Imperial Agent
-The Path Leads to Dromund Kaas: The arrivals console on Dromund Kaas will now properly advise players that "You must have Kaliyo Djannis with you to do this" when they attempt to use the console without this companion summoned.
-The New Truth: The Holoarchives on Hutta will now properly display the "You must have Kaliyo Djannis with you" error message if you attempt to download the holorecordings without this companion summoned.

Trooper
-Coruscant Assignment: The arrivals console on Coruscant will now properly advise players that "You must have Aric Jorgan with you to do this" when they attempt to use the console without this companion summoned.

Bounty Hunter
-The Hunt on Dromund Kaas: The arrivals console on Dromund Kaas will now properly advise players that "You must have Mako with you to do this" when they attempt to use the console without this companion summoned.

PvP
World PvP
Ilum
-The "Battle for Ilum" [AREA] PvP missions are no longer active in the Western Ice Shelf.
-The Western Ice Shelf is now divided into a Small Group Free-For-All PvP region in the south and a standard open world area in the north. Missions in these areas will activate during the "Relics of the Gree" Event.
-"Small Group Free-For-All" is a new ruleset for world PvP regions where groups of up to four players compete against all other groups in the area. Operations groups are disallowed in these regions.

Space Combat
-Reputation Trophies are now awarded for completing the daily Heroic Space Missions from the Fleet Command console on your ship.
-A new Reputation Vendor is present on the Imperial and Republic Fleets, in the area near the Space Combat vendors.

UI
-Your character's Galactic Reputation can now be viewed in the Legacy window.
-The Character and Cartel Market windows have been updated to include Legacy Title information.
-Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
-Corrected minor spelling and grammar errors on the Character Selection screen.
-The /stuck command will now kill players who are stuck on their personal starships.

The new items :D

http://torwars.com/2013/02/12/new-game-update-1-7-items-updating-throughout-the-day/

The page will be updating throughout the day.

Bioware put TRON in my Star Wars.

Blue-Scalene-BOL-Armor.jpg

^ Lol @ reusing art assets with new paint; that's WoW territory.

PvP
World PvP
-"Small Group Free-For-All" is a new ruleset for world PvP regions where groups of up to four players compete against all other groups in the area. Operations groups are disallowed in these regions.

So basically 5v5 arenas. Old Ilum was better.

[quote name='Jodou']^ Lol @ reusing art assets with new paint; that's WoW territory.

PvP
World PvP

So basically 5v5 arenas. Old Ilum was better.[/QUOTE]

4v4 instances (since SWTOR is based on parties of 4).

Old Ilum was a zergfest and even if you had a beefy PC it was still pretty unplayable. It became such a problem area that people were just win trading. Understandably it was removed, but now at least us PvPers have something outside of warzones to PvP at.

Most gear has been re-colors, but the Cartel Market has provided some new cool sets. Already datamined stuff that is for the RotHC expansion and there is a whole new set of gear for that update.

[quote name='j-cart']Old Ilum was a zergfest and even if you had a beefy PC it was still pretty unplayable. It became such a problem area that people were just win trading. Understandably it was removed, but now at least us PvPers have something outside of warzones to PvP at.[/QUOTE]
When my crew rolled out, the win-trading stopped since we'd PK on sight. I was actually impressed with how well the server could handle the massive lag ball whenever we'd roll into their base (pre-carebear insta-kill turret buff) because my PC could handle it fine and the lag wasn't too bad. It was only removed when people started quitting the game because faction balance was generally pretty bad.

These guys that make faction games need to learn that skill > gear > numbers in that order. I loved SWG for that fact, because a skilled player with the right spec could take on 3-5 people and win. I know because I was one.

Correction, PvP zone is now based on groups. It is a complete free for all of groups up to four on the same "team".

Pretty cool PvP area, but a well geared Assassin will always complete the PvP Mission because of their stealth and knockback abilities. The Mission is to take orbs found in the area and drop them off at the main node, there is only one node with a cast time of 4 seconds. Stealthing does not remove the orbs and have a knockback ensures that the cast tine for the cap is stopped.

Either way, it was fun backstabbing and annoying people in an open area again :D

Though I hear on the PvE servers, people have been "lining" up to cap the node. Now that is just pitiful...

[quote name='j-cart']Though I hear on the PvE servers, people have been "lining" up to cap the node. Now that is just pitiful...[/QUOTE]
We used to joke in chat "No Obama handouts today!" whenever we'd stop the win-trading. So ironic they've come full circle with the daily quests lol.

bread's done
Back