Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
If nothings done at the store then the DM and the RM aren't doing their job of making sure that when theres an issue it gets resolved. If nothing is ever said then it can only be assumed that the store is being run just fine.

[quote name='stikman']this is what I see on the site. not the price in the title of this topic...
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock : Xbox 360
Our Price: $47.99[/QUOTE]

Thats the price for a new copy of WoR. This thread discusses used game sales. If they aren't available for sale on the website, they won't be listed at all, as such is the case presently with Warriors of Rock. But as also is the case with Crackdown 2 this past week or two, it was never dropped to the $10 level online as it was in brick and mortar stores. This too is a known and warned about condition with the webstore. So even if WoR was available for sale used online, it might still be at its previous price point, ala Crackdown 2.

[quote name='loomis1975']Thats the price for a new copy of WoR. This thread discusses used game sales. If they aren't available for sale on the website, they won't be listed at all, as such is the case presently with Warriors of Rock. But as also is the case with Crackdown 2 this past week or two, it was never dropped to the $10 level online as it was in brick and mortar stores. This too is a known and warned about condition with the webstore. So even if WoR was available for sale used online, it might still be at its previous price point, ala Crackdown 2.[/QUOTE]

^^^glad some people read the FAQ at the top of the post. I provide the link for the used games in order of release date for easy access to the site. I wish I knew the logic of how they come to post things to the site but unfortunately I don't and we just have to hope that most deals come across through there too.

I do know though how these are supposed to be sold in store, and complaints made are addressed to the district managers and possibly regional managers of the area, so no need to worry about the store manager not doing anything about problems sometimes as it is the store manager that inevitably will (should) be held accountable for multiple complaints. Some of you that just have no luck should of course just contact mrright4you4now as he's more than willing to ship the games to you that our online store doesn't offer and store won't properly sell you.

thanks for everyone who checks this thread and good luck finding some deals

[quote name='Invicta 61']It's not that they didn't sell me the game, I don't really care about that. The reason I'm really pissed is the way I was treated while in the store. It's as if operating the store is secondary to talking, goofing off. The fact that the employee pretty much ignored what I said to him and went on to describe how things operate at the store as if I'm a child.

If sale of the ROGO games was emphasized this week, I can understand why things are bad at that store because that duty falls squarely on the shoulders of the store manager. The manager is the one that is supposed to convey store policies and procedures to the employees. The manager is supposed to be sure that the employees follow through with their duties. I am now quite certain that if I make a complaint at the store nothing will be done about it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they wouldn't sell it to you because they only had two copies left? I know a couple of weeks ago, I went up to the counter in the same situation with a copy of Alan Wake. They did have four copies though and I was told that the Store manager had to make that decision to sell it. He approved and that was it.

As far as poor treatment, I would complain to the Store Manager and if that didn't work, I would take it up the food chain. Like has already been said, if the higher ups don't hear anything, then they don't know if anything is wrong. I have five Family Video stores close to my house or work and have never had any problems with any of them.

Still hanging onto my FV groupon...trying to buy stuff I would have bought anyway and nothing jumps out at me right now. If JC2 or Hot Pursuit drop I might grab one or both of those. Seems like stuff goes pretty quick though when it hits $10-20 mark.

[quote name='mogamer']Maybe they wouldn't sell it to you because they only had two copies left? I know a couple of weeks ago, I went up to the counter in the same situation with a copy of Alan Wake. They did have four copies though and I was told that the Store manager had to make that decision to sell it. He approved and that was it.

As far as poor treatment, I would complain to the Store Manager and if that didn't work, I would take it up the food chain. Like has already been said, if the higher ups don't hear anything, then they don't know if anything is wrong. I have five Family Video stores close to my house or work and have never had any problems with any of them.[/QUOTE]

He didn't even look at what title I had, he just went about explaining the difference between ROGO and sale items as if I were a dumb@$$. Neither one of the copies have been rented every time I stop in.

I'm going to look into making a complaint tonight before bed if I get the chance.

to the above poster...if there are 2 ROGO games for sale, one should be for for sale for sure, no argument about it....and to the other, yes updates are now posted... in store now, hopefully online wednesday morning/afternoon

Half my brain says that my groupon would be well spent on Gran turismo (making the total out of pocket 19.99). The other half of my brain is pointing out that they are dropping the price to 29.99 because it's just not that entertaining of a game.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I have ordered from them before and can vouch for their surprisingly excellent disc condition. Inclusion of a manual is only about 50% of the time but the discs are in much better shape than those from GameFly.[/QUOTE]

Every disc I have ordered from Gamefly has been flawless. Besides a random fingerprint you wouldn't even know it was used. To be fair though, they were all blu-ray not dvd.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']Do games every receive a second drop? As in will Star Wars FU II get any lower than $20?[/QUOTE]

it will but it depends on the game... might be next month, or it might be a few months down the line.

[quote name='HydroX']it will but it depends on the game... might be next month, or it might be a few months down the line.[/QUOTE]

Also assuming that it doesn't sell out before it would get lowered. Several things to consider

All of the online price drops made it this week and are now available at this time. Went ahead and used my Groupoun on SW TFU II since I don't think Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions is coming back in stock anytime soon.

[quote name='loomis1975']All of the online price drops made it this week and are now available at this time. Went ahead and used my Groupoun on SW TFU II since I don't think Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions is coming back in stock anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Same here.. Missed Castlevania and Spider-man, but I HAVE been wanting to play Force Unleashed II and this way I'm not in too deep.

I want TFU2 so bad but i want the CE exclusive maps for the game.... If only MS was cheap like they been and release the exclusive content on the marketplace i would buy this one. I should of jumped on the amazon CE for around 50 or something when it was on sale a long time ago. I was like my backlog is huge i bet i will see it on sale again... NOT! It seems the TFU1 CE is expensive still used to with the exclusive maps for that.

Does anyone know if MS for a fact will release the exclusive content later for this game? I believe TFU1 exclusive stuff on the CE is what keeps the CE for the game so expensive still cause of the exclusive content not released on MP.

okay everyone....the front page is going to be a bit messy right now, might need to think of a way of making it a little easier to read quicker as this weeks additions have added a lot of text....i'll summarize

Point 1* Corporate is apparently a bit excited about clearing away more of our Rent One Get One stock and Wednesday will be sending stores a list of titles to sell completely out of for 9.95. This means those who have a store nearby might want to check for some older titles that may rent a bit slower as they have the chance to sell out. I doubt this will affect online sales, but perhaps there may be a few obsure titles showing up on there as well.

Point 2* They have taken note to the over abundance most stores have of the Halo 3: Multiplayer Map pack and will be selling surplus copies at $4.95. For most of us I assume that won't mean much, but for those need the multiplayer portion of Halo 3 with all map packs included, here's a cheap way to get that at least.

Point 3* There are some decent price drops in affect then for games that needed a drop a while ago *sorry no fable 3 drop yet* and we are getting love for all 3 console this week, so there might be a little something for everyone.

Enjoy and see ya next monday night...maybe...I'll be in California attempting to score an English teaching job in Japan and taking a mini-vacation. With the time difference I may be a little later than usual in updating things....not sure at the moment, but will get updated as soon as I can get to it. Thanks again for checking the posts

[quote name='zeddic']I was interested in picking up AC:B for below $20 but when I go on site it shows up as 29.99?[/QUOTE]

It's not Wednesday. Online updating is done then according to the 1st post.

The website has still not been updated with the new prices - annoying. Is their one site admin on vacation?

From the OP:

"I post deals typically every Monday or Tuesday. These are for the B&M stores but *USUALLY* are matched online as well.
Online titles update on Wednesday Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction."

Could be that none of these deals will make it to the online used games. As happened a few weeks ago with a couple titles and a few other times in recent memory.

[quote name='007bond']The website has still not been updated with the new prices - annoying. Is their one site admin on vacation?[/QUOTE]

this sometimes happens with a title every now and again...but this week it happened with every title...soooo it seems someone may be on vacation...sorry not sure why things sometimes get out of sync, but unfortunately this is one of those weeks....trust me with I wouldn't have to put the disclaimer at the front end of the post, but is what it is...hopefully those who have a store close by can pick up some of the good deals...and feel free to contact the poster at the bottom of my OP as he can get you deals the online site hasn't updated yet

i guess i'll give my store another shot. I'm guessing they'll just have everything marked up $20 and spit in my face and key my car while I'm in the store though.

like usual, my store hadn't updated prices (they still have Crackdown 2 & GH: WoR marked for $20), but was still able to pick up MMA & Blood Stone for $10. Thanks again, op.

btw, op, any plans to do a Blu Ray version of this thread, or do they usually stay $9.95?

Picked up Blood stone for $10 today, looks new and I they let me look through their manuals so it's complete.

Also picked up Futurama, Tales of Legendia, and Suikoden V for 2.99 each

[quote name='jer7583']i guess i'll give my store another shot. I'm guessing they'll just have everything marked up $20 and spit in my face and key my car while I'm in the store though.[/QUOTE]
I just got Ass Creed 1 from AWD for $5, so after I beat it this weekend it would be nice to have the other two ready to play. I was gonna get 2 from GS with their sale right now, but I suppose I'll make the drive to Family Video and see what's up. Not gonna get my hopes up though.

[quote name='XT14']this sometimes happens with a title every now and again...but this week it happened with every title...soooo it seems someone may be on vacation...sorry not sure why things sometimes get out of sync, but unfortunately this is one of those weeks....trust me with I wouldn't have to put the disclaimer at the front end of the post, but is what it is...hopefully those who have a store close by can pick up some of the good deals...and feel free to contact the poster at the bottom of my OP as he can get you deals the online site hasn't updated yet[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply - not your fault. I really appreciate the info you provide to us here on CAG. Hopefully the site will eventually be updated as I have a Groupon to use.

[quote name='Scorch']like usual, my store hadn't updated prices (they still have Crackdown 2 & GH: WoR marked for $20), but was still able to pick up MMA & Blood Stone for $10. Thanks again, op.

btw, op, any plans to do a Blu Ray version of this thread, or do they usually stay $9.95?[/QUOTE]

like usual, if they are able to check their used game sales master list it will tell them the correct price...sometimes easier said than done asking them to do that though....

and I won't do a blu-ray version just because it will be YMMV on that one for sure. Pricing on movies is typically based on efficiency. For example I bought the movie Let Me In on blu-ray for 9.95 yesterday from a neighboring store because my personal store still has it for 12.95 as it rents very well still.

Just FYI though if a movie has the yellow/green split sticker and they have more than 2-3 blu-ray copies it will sell for 12.95. If it has been out longer and has the yellow/purple split sticker...or has moved off the new release wall into the dollar blu-ray rental section...they should sell anymore than 2 copies for 9.95. You may get them for cheaper during movie sales, or other in store specials, but that's the lowest for the moment, which to be honest on some of those movies can be quite a deal since it has a guarantee to work.

Regarding the issue I had awhile back, I received a reply from the district manager earlier this week while I was away on business:

XXXX,
Thank you for bringing your visit to our Muncie location to my attention.
First, let me say I am sorry your experience was well below our expectations.
You are correct in that as a company we are selling off a lot of our older rent
one get one free games and the game Sabotour is one of these games. If you are
still interested in purchasing this game please contact myself or the manager
(XXXX XXXX) as we would like to discount it even further because we failed to
offer you our standard of customer service and you were willing to bring it to
our attention so it can be addressed and corrected. We hope you will give us an
opportunity to correct our mistake.

XXXXXX
District Manager
cell # 765-XXX-XXXX
Muncie Store # 765-XXX-XXXX

I'm impressed that the district manager took time to write me a personal letter and not just some standard reply (especially considering I have filed complaints elswhere and never even received a reply). I'm not going to take them up on the offer of a discount, I'm not looking for a handout. The only thing I was concerned with was how I was treated by the employee.

I actually went to the store after receiving the letter and got the game (It was tagged, the latest updates were not :) ). One employee was behind the desk, the others were on the floor. I hope the feedback helps them like you said it would as i'm sure other customers have probably had issues at the store. I will be sending the district manager a thank you note for addressing the situation.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Regarding the issue I had awhile back, I received a reply from the district manager earlier this week while I was away on business:

XXXX,
Thank you for bringing your visit to our Muncie location to my attention.
First, let me say I am sorry your experience was well below our expectations.
You are correct in that as a company we are selling off a lot of our older rent
one get one free games and the game Sabotour is one of these games. If you are
still interested in purchasing this game please contact myself or the manager
(XXXX XXXX) as we would like to discount it even further because we failed to
offer you our standard of customer service and you were willing to bring it to
our attention so it can be addressed and corrected. We hope you will give us an
opportunity to correct our mistake.

XXXXXX
District Manager
cell # 765-XXX-XXXX
Muncie Store # 765-XXX-XXXX

I'm impressed that the district manager took time to write me a personal letter and not just some standard reply (especially considering I have filed complaints elswhere and never even received a reply). I'm not going to take them up on the offer of a discount, I'm not looking for a handout. The only thing I was concerned with was how I was treated by the employee.

I actually went to the store after receiving the letter and got the game (It was tagged, the latest updates were not :) ). One employee was behind the desk, the others were on the floor. I hope the feedback helps them like you said it would as i'm sure other customers have probably had issues at the store. I will be sending the district manager a thank you note for addressing the situation.[/QUOTE]

Oh muncie store? I was just in there the other day :D

[quote name='brodyy']Oh muncie store? I was just in there the other day :D[/QUOTE]

Now I know who I'm competing with for deals around town! :lol:

Got Ass Creed 2 and Brotherhood for the correct prices. Walked up with them and said 'Hey, can you check these against the master games list? I think they were supposed to drop in price.' With picking up Ass Creed 1 from AWD for $5, this has been a cool week. All three Assassin's Creeds for $35. But now I need to beat the first one.

Unfortunately, the clerk didn't seem to know anything about the selling of ROGO-stickered games. I asked if he knew anything about selling down to 2 and then asked if he knew anything about a memo saying to sell them regardless. He did know his information about their stock though, because he asked what games and I told him "Dynasty Warriors; Gundam 1 and Ninety-Nine Nights." He told me they couldn't sell them since there was only one copy of the first and 2 of the second. Disappointed, because I've been wanting to pick up DW:G on the cheap for 360, even though I own it on PS3.

Are the online prices not changed yet or did they raise the price? I'm seeing all of the "new" price drop games at the "old" prices.

I was about to purchase AC:B and it said towards the bottom of the product page that used games don't include the manuals. Is this just a cautionary disclaimer or is there literally no chance of getting a complete game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back