Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

[quote name='KingBroly']um...yeah...I know that Gears 1 was 4v4. But removing the grenade stun at the same time is a little suspicious.[/QUOTE]

How dense are you?

In Gears of War 1 the smoke grenade didn't have a stun and it was 4v4. ITS A GEARS OF WAR 1 THEMED WEEKEND.

I am glad about the smoke grenades stun. Boy how I love meeting upstairs in the mansion and seeing 5-6 smoke grenades blowing up everywhere and watching people dropping left and right.

I heard this weekend is a test to see how the community reacts about taking away the crazy stun effect on the smoke grenades.

[quote name='decrot']no stun on smokes?
Blood drive is going to be interesting[/QUOTE]

That's right I didn't think about the mad rush for sniper/torque bow...should definitely be interesting.

The one thing I loved about smoke grenade knockdown is when you double them up with a poison nade...it's almost always a guaranteed kill.

Stun is still in effect. It's just a shortened version of being hit by a friendly Mortar blast which doesn't necessarily stop easy kills e.g. one shot, double melee, roll saws. Still better than the rag doll effect by a mile.

Yeah they stun like if a friend shoots a mortar over you. You just cover your head and then stop.

When people chainsaw someone, are they immune to fire? Because while someone was chainsawing my team mate, i shot him with a shotty in the head, then again in the chest, and nothing.

Should be fun. I'm no fan of the stun but I can see the merit of why it's there.
[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah they stun like if a friend shoots a mortar over you. You just cover your head and then stop.

When people chainsaw someone, are they immune to fire? Because while someone was chainsawing my team mate, i shot him with a shotty in the head, then again in the chest, and nothing.[/QUOTE]

Usually they explode as soon as they finish the animation. Would be interesting if you could save a friend by shooting the guy right before his chainsaw touched him.

[quote name='sotc1988']Should be fun. I'm no fan of the stun but I can see the merit of why it's there.

Usually they explode as soon as they finish the animation. Would be interesting if you could save a friend by shooting the guy right before his chainsaw touched him.[/QUOTE]

It's possible as long as you do it before the animation sequence.

I never understood when I had taken cover and someone tossed a frag I would be fine but if I had taken cover and someone tossed a smoke I'd get knocked down. If one of those is going to knock down/stun you it should be the frag.

I dont understand shotguns. It cant be lack of skill, because i shoot right at them. But it seems like they kill me with one or two shots. Yet i can shoot all day at them, point blank, and i rarely am able to kill them. Its really annoying.

And whats with torque bows being able to kill you while you are behind walls? Its happened a few times now.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I dont understand shotguns. It cant be lack of skill, because i shoot right at them. But it seems like they kill me with one or two shots. Yet i can shoot all day at them, point blank, and i rarely am able to kill them. Its really annoying.

And whats with torque bows being able to kill you while you are behind walls? Its happened a few times now.[/QUOTE]

The shot guns are hit or miss but doesn't happen too often...the torque bows on the other hand...I agree, how the fuck does an arrow to a pillar while you're behind cover take you out :whistle2:?...I guess it's just one of those quirky little bugs that this game has to offer.

SHOTGUN IS HOST DEPENDENT.

If you aren't getting kills with the shotgun, you have a bad connection to the host.

Torque Bow has splash damage. If you're standing on an active reload shot or you're already weak from something else, you're gonna die. It makes sense.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The shot guns are hit or miss but doesn't happen too often...the torque bows on the other hand...I agree, how the fuck does an arrow to a pillar while you're behind cover take you out :whistle2:?...I guess it's just one of those quirky little bugs that this game has to offer.[/QUOTE]
well, you guys do know the explosion from a bow can kill you right?
I often shoot right for the ground next to them when someone is hiding behind cover.

I just popped this in a couple nights ago after not playing for about 2 months. I was still better than my teammates, but the game just wasn't fun, in my opinion. I'm starting to get tired of games made by Epic, I guess.

Wow i was host and went 16-1, but it was a game against all CPU players because the two that started left.

So far i dunno about the new smoke grenades. Sure its better than getting knocked down and defenseless. But there were a few times where i threw one, or tagged someone with it and the enemy didnt have any effect when it went off and it did to me. Like nothing happened to them, and i ended up dead.

The smoke nade will not affect you if you're running, rolling, sliding, or are in cover. It only affects you if you're walking or standing still.

I tagged someone, it stunned them. When I hard aimed 5 Gnasher shots into their body it did nothing. The game had juts as much lag and inconsistencies for me.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I dont understand shotguns. It cant be lack of skill, because i shoot right at them. But it seems like they kill me with one or two shots. Yet i can shoot all day at them, point blank, and i rarely am able to kill them. Its really annoying.

And whats with torque bows being able to kill you while you are behind walls? Its happened a few times now.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.

For the Torque bow, there have been times I will be behind cover and I will get stuck with the arrow when not peaking. It is not the splash damage that gets me.

[quote name='lordopus99']I agree with this.

For the Torque bow, there have been times I will be behind cover and I will get stuck with the arrow when not peaking. It is not the splash damage that gets me.[/QUOTE]
sometimes your leg sticks out or another part. If someone can get a good angle they can nail you.

One weird thing that happens with me and torque, I tag an enemy and it won't kill them. And today that happens, I tag a guy and he when down instead, and it actually kills my teammate, crediting they guy i tagged for a torque kill.

The lag is so unbelievably bad. I just came back to this game since not playing it from just weeks after launch, and its still unbelievably horrible. Usually when i press find team member, it sits there for 5-10 minutes. SO BAD. Ontop of that, WHY CAN'T I JUST KEEP PLAYING WITH THE GUYS I JUST PLAYED WITH!!!!!! Frackin A this game is absurd in its lunacy.

A few times today i was shooting a downed opponent and they wouldnt die. Its really annoying. I had to run and pick him up to finish him off cos the shotgun was useless. I swear half the time i think im shooting blanks.

This game is really fun if they would just fix the lag.

[quote name='seanr1221']Are you sure you weren't playing execution?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm now that you mention it, i think i was. LOL. Im used to playing guardian a lot, and i joined some guys and we played execution for a while. So that might have been the problem.

I got to level 43 last night. Oh and someone gave me negative feedback for quitting a laggy game -_-
Is there anything MS does if your rep goes down a lot? Mines at 77% i think.

[quote name='The 7th Number']
Is there anything MS does if your rep goes down a lot? Mines at 77% i think.[/QUOTE]
while we are talking about rep,can you get less than 3 stars for your rep?

You know its funny, i used to hate shotguns and didnt mind chainsaws. But now that ive been using shotgun/hammerburst...i freakin hate chainsaw noobs. Chainsaw = No Skill Kill.

And another thing, why the hell do some captains in Guardian run out where they can be killed. Its really annoying. I just played a round and we lost 1-3 and our one win was when i was captain. Because i know i need to protect myself, and i just sit and hide. I defend myself if they are coming, but other then that, i usually just hide. I guess some people are more worried about getting kills than winning the game?

[quote name='zewone']Some people are just idiots.[/QUOTE]

This.

Never play with randoms unless you don't give a wild blue f*ck about winning or maintaining your K/D in that particular game type. Unless I get host or have a solid game I'm usually going negative because I can't depend on them to get kills or even pick me the f*ck up. A sad truth indeed.

Yeah, and i also hate how they take frags and leave. I think the Captain is entitled to the frags since he is the sitting duck. Sometimes im left all alone to defend myself against 2-3 guys at once.

stop camping, stop complaining. Call it your strategy, we each have our own. At the same time, i'm not saying for you to run out gun blazing. But do move around and have your team protect you. Communication is key.

The thing I can't stand more than the silly imbalances in this game like chainsaws or when smokes knocked you down is the people who won't quit whining about it. I don't care that you got chainsaw'd, get over it. Just shut up and play the game. If they're so cheap, use them yourself. I don't care.

Anyhow, do we have a GoW CAG gamertag I can add? I'd much rather play with some of you guys than just matchmaking. I'm not that good though :(

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']The thing I can't stand more than the silly imbalances in this game like chainsaws or when smokes knocked you down is the people who won't quit whining about it. I don't care that you got chainsaw'd, get over it. Just shut up and play the game. If they're so cheap, use them yourself. I don't care.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. We need less complaining and more team love in the game.

Meh. The new price still does nothing to aid those interested in the campaign who are already current in the first place. Ah well.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Wow i got -1500 points because i shut my xbox 360 off after a match was over, but before the timer ran out bringing you back to the MP search.[/QUOTE]

I got -1500 points with a message regarding leaving early the other night and I never even disconnected from the game or my party. At least it's only happened once but that's quite a penalty for nothing.

bread's done
Back