Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

[quote name='jdawgg76']
Just a heads up that on the epic Gears 2 forums Cher (mod and part of epic I think and always runs threads about XP events) has a thread that states that Rod Ferguson has given the approval for an XP event sometime shortly after the beta ends. No word on xp amount or game changes or exact start/end. I've got some mp achievements to knock out, but I'm down for horde as well.[/QUOTE]

Could be related to this: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...nother-Gears-of-War-2-30x-XP-Event-If---.html

[quote name='dmaul1114']Could be related to this: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...nother-Gears-of-War-2-30x-XP-Event-If---.html[/QUOTE]
Maybe, what happened after the last bribe that failed? Was there any type of xp event?

It seems on the epic forums that the xp event in question is like an after beta event.

Wasn't there an xp event during E3 last year? E3 is what a few weeks away isn't it?

Potentially, three xp events soon, perhaps?

Last bribe that failed resulted in no xp event. The last event was during the first two weeks of the Gears 3 beta.

Last year during E3 we had a 6x xp event. If there is one this year, I'll bet it'll be substantially more...

Looks like cher was lied too or misinformed as it looks like we won't be getting that 30 xp until this IGN bullshit pole no one cares about is over.

Yeah, Ferguson tweeted that IF Gears wins the IGN most anticipated game voting then there will be a 30xp event for E3. So, if it loses we'll miss out on an xp event because it lost and really we'll miss out on another xp event because there's been one every E3 since Gears 2 has been out. Double whammy. Still hoping for an end of beta event.

It's lame that they have to bribe to entice people to vote for it, especially for such a trivial award. People already bought the Gears of War 2, just give a bonus XP event so other players will return to the game in large numbers.

I'd actually like to see it lose for spite.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']It's lame that they have to bribe to entice people to vote for it, especially for such a trivial award. People already bought the Gears of War 2, just give a bonus XP event so other players will return to the game in large numbers.[/quote]

Its even lamer that you have to tweet to vote... :roll:

The official Epic Forum for the post-beta xp event now states that it will take place during E3. We all know it'll be 30xp if Gears wins the vote, but apparently it will go on at a different xp if Gears loses.

The Explosive E3 Event! (3 E's)
June 6th-13th
30x XP!
Double ammo for all explosives!
Boomers gone wild in Horde!

Horde Calculator XP per Wave
Casual: 3,000
Normal: 4,500
Hardcore: 6,000
Insane: 7,500

Looks like it's official now according to the epic gears 2 forums. Luckily, I'll be done with Dirt3 or at least with the races that don't freeze up so I'll be able to solely play this all week and get those wings finally. I think I'm closing in on 80. I'll be down for horde, but I've also got to knock out a bunch of mp achievements if anyone wants to join in. Of course, I've been home the last month after my acl/mcl surgery just waiting for this event to finally happen so I could just play all day and my next dr appointment is the 7th and I get the feeling I'll be cleared to return to work then. Oh well, I'll still play a ton at night.

Wow, I'll have no problem getting my wings that week!

Any CAG, PM or friend request for cheevos, I am willing to help out with Horde or any other mode.

Great news if true, looking to get up to level 100 but since the 31x event the multipliers have been so pitiful as for me to not bother. Only two more levels to go!

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']FInally got that reset glitch. Went from 50 to 1.[/QUOTE]
How does this happen? From what I've found from google, it seems like a result from system linking with another console that didn't have the updates that kept track of ranks. But other sites and posters are saying it comes from playing with people who have "hacked" their system, and so Epic resets your rank, assuming you've cheated. Is that right?

I knew there was a reason I stuck to Horde only.

thinking about grabbing the Games on Demand Gears 2 for the convenience factor (last I checked it was only $20 if i remember right) any issues with the GoD version of this that i should be aware of?

[quote name='The Ebbtide']How does this happen? From what I've found from google, it seems like a result from system linking with another console that didn't have the updates that kept track of ranks. But other sites and posters are saying it comes from playing with people who have "hacked" their system, and so Epic resets your rank, assuming you've cheated. Is that right?

I knew there was a reason I stuck to Horde only.[/QUOTE]
No idea man. I played Gears a bit offline with friends on Horde when I take my Xbox over. I hadn't played Gears 2 online for a month or so and as soon as I pop on I'm level 1.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']No idea man. I played Gears a bit offline with friends on Horde when I take my Xbox over. I hadn't played Gears 2 online for a month or so and as soon as I pop on I'm level 1.[/QUOTE]
That's usually one of the main causes when you play GOW 2 offline and come back online it resets.

If you haven't played an online match yet you can try to account recover it and if that doesn't bring it back you're SOL

i recently sold my xbox but purchased another (due to red ring death), but i cant bring my golden weapons over to the game. is there anything i can do??

[quote name='Ronin1108']i recently sold my xbox but purchased another (due to red ring death), but i cant bring my golden weapons over to the game. is there anything i can do??[/QUOTE]

are they in your download history?

I really wish people got dropped from games when they went away. Too many people keep joining Horde games to go idle, taking the points we earn as a team. I can't imagine how bad this will be when the 30x experience comes.

I still have yet to earn It's good to be the King and Annex: Now With Execution Rules. If people want to work on those during the experience multiplied week, let me know.

FYI, the NECA Gears of War 2 Series 6 hits TRU this week and includes: Kantus, Skorge, Mauler, and COG soldier (Ben's head on Clay's body). $14.99 a piece.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']FYI, the NECA Gears of War 2 Series 6 hits TRU this week and includes: Kantus, Skorge, Mauler, and COG soldier (Ben's head on Clay's body). $14.99 a piece.[/QUOTE]

Ill be looking to add them to my collection :D

Thanks for the heads up, I'm at 81 now, I don't know if I'll be able to hit 100 with this one event, but I'm going to power level as much as I can and hope for a couple more events between now and the Gears 3 launch.

[quote name='Redeema']Thanks for the heads up, I'm at 81 now, I don't know if I'll be able to hit 100 with this one event, but I'm going to power level as much as I can and hope for a couple more events between now and the Gears 3 launch.[/QUOTE]Race you. I'm at 79.

[quote name='thetruelokre']thinking about grabbing the Games on Demand Gears 2 for the convenience factor (last I checked it was only $20 if i remember right) any issues with the GoD version of this that i should be aware of?[/QUOTE]

Might as well grab the triple pack for another $10. Gives you the first game and all the DLC.

just hopped on to play a few games before watching some of the e3 conferences. there's no 30x going on right now for me..? and playing this game after not playing for awhile is like torture, pure frustration. feels incredibly unpolished and random for some reason, even more so than i remember it. looks like i'll just play horde, lol.

That's funny. GoW2 doesn't play the best online, but I certainly don't find it unplayable. The only thing that's frustrating is getting destroyed by people who are better than you haha.

[quote name='drktrpr1']That's funny. GoW2 doesn't play the best online, but I certainly don't find it unplayable. The only thing that's frustrating is getting destroyed by people who are better than you haha.[/QUOTE]

yeah, when I'm hiding in cover or run behind a wall and still those last few bullets manage to get me it's frustrating. Obviously a lot of these people are better than me too so that doesn't help, but I wouldn't say I'm terrible at the game, just feel it hasn't aged well at all. Anyways, wasn't the 30x bonus supposed to start today?

Try turning off your system, or at least dashboarding out of Gears of War 2. Then start your game back up. The Xp bonus doesn't just appear if you've been playing before they activated it. It should be working once you start back up.

It didn't start at the right time, apparently. It only kicked in a few hours ago.

Overslept today and missed my morning playtime. Guess I didn't miss anything. I'll be playing tonight. Mostly Horde, but I do need to get a bunch of mp achievements so I'm up for those as well. I might be up for KOTH boosting at the end of the week if it doesn't look like I'll make it to 100 otherwise. Can't imagine another big event like this before Gears 3 releases.

Played a couple hours and went from 81 to 83. Not too bad, we did some horde on Insane to get the crazy XP and the furthest we got to was wave 5, every time we died we just went back to 1, it was actually a good way to get a ton of XP, it just wasn't all that fun.

Yeah, you gotta have an awesome team working super great together to get anywhere on insane and even then it's really mostly impossible.

I played ranked horde for a while last night, we never even got to wave 10. Is that pretty common? I also couldn't seem to find ammo consistently.

[quote name='pete5883']I played ranked horde for a while last night, we never even got to wave 10. Is that pretty common? I also couldn't seem to find ammo consistently.[/QUOTE]

That is DEFINITELY common. The average Gears 2 player runs and guns in horde WAY too much. That's usually okay for the first few waves, but after 4 or 5 it will get you killed ASAP.

This morning I played ranked horde before work and we got to wave 5 because my idiot teammates didn't hide and use cover.

Then I played a round of annex and got 50,000 xp :bouncy:

JDawg I'll join you for some MP this week. I didn't realize they were doing the 30x XP and I want to say I'm in the 70's or 80's. There are a number of Horde achievements I still need.

[quote name='Redeema']Played a couple hours and went from 81 to 83. Not too bad, we did some horde on Insane to get the crazy XP and the furthest we got to was wave 5, every time we died we just went back to 1, it was actually a good way to get a ton of XP, it just wasn't all that fun.[/QUOTE]Got from 79 to 82 last night. Some was social horde with randoms who were doing insane like that, then some friends ranked who insisted on going thru 50, then convinced the remaining two to do insane. On River the three of us lasted to round 8 twice.

[quote name='drktrpr1']That is DEFINITELY common. The average Gears 2 player runs and guns in horde WAY too much. That's usually okay for the first few waves, but after 4 or 5 it will get you killed ASAP.

This morning I played ranked horde before work and we got to wave 5 because my idiot teammates didn't hide and use cover.

Then I played a round of annex and got 50,000 xp :bouncy:[/QUOTE]I need the annex achieves and that xp sounds mighty nice.

If anyone needs a slot for Horde, I'm game... I'd like to do some achievements.

Need all the Dark Corners, Snowblind (1-50), and 1-10 all Combustible.

bread's done
Back