Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

His opinion isnt fact because he is saying nobody good plays player matches? Kind of obvious that is false no?

I think the point the hardcore folks are missing is that the set up is apparently not great for more casual players who just want to hop on and quickly get into (and stay in) matches with random people like you can in CoD4, Halo 3 etc.

There's no reason to be all elitist against the casual folks who don't play competitively with clans/friends etc. and just want to hop on and have fun every now and again without waiting a long time between matches etc.

I really like Gears 2, but it takes so long to kill an enemy. If I am lucky, I get them down with one full clip.

The executions are fun and the story is rocking pretty hard right now. I also like the little pop-ups that tell you how far you have progressed through an achievement. Plus, Cole Train BABY!!!

[quote name='dmaul1114']I think the point the hardcore folks are missing is that the set up is apparently not great for more casual players who just want to hop on and quickly get into (and stay in) matches with random people like you can in CoD4, Halo 3 etc.

There's no reason to be all elitist against the casual folks who don't play competitively with clans/friends etc. and just want to hop on and have fun every now and again without waiting a long time between matches etc.[/QUOTE]

And there's no reason to say it's broken, when it's not, just because it doesn't fit your (not you, but anyone complaining) casual needs.

It is impossible for me to play at times, therefor it is broken. Im not looking for some crazy setting nobody plays, nothing crazy. I just want to play, but I cannot...

[quote name='-BigC-']His opinion isnt fact because he is saying nobody good plays player matches? Kind of obvious that is false no?[/quote]

If you'd like me to rephrase it to anyone I've ever played against in player matches, fine. Believe me, I tried to do the player match thing, but it sucked compared to ranked. Ranked sucked because I had to play lobby for 20 min. Gears 2 fixed that.

I'm not trying to be an elitist or say that I'm better than anyone. I was a dick to that one guy who said that people who liked the new set up weren't any good at Gears 1.

Try wingman if you have less people.

I have not yet even hopped online for multiplayer and had a lot of fun with Horde. I imagine the level of fun will exponentially rise (in my pants) once I get to playing multiplayer. Then again, I have yet to play the story campaign, which was one of my primary complaints last game.

Damn randoms ruined my stats. Whatever.

gowstatsxd0.png

That is why I never played ranked, waiting for rooms to fill then not having the option to just start the next map to get a rematch vs the same team if it was a good game. Sometimes it worked out where you talked to the other team and they jumped right back in, but more often then not the team that lost even if it was a good game just talked shit and quit. Gears 1 sucked because you couldnt find anyone good consistantly no matter what you played, same reason every system sucks that doesnt use matchmaking. I just want the option to go play vs random people in under 20 minutes. I dont care who I play against, the good the bad at the moment I am just learning the game because it is very different from #1. I JUST WANA PLAY!

Let's just agree to disagree.

Gears of War 2 is way faster and better at matchmaking with 4-5 people.

Gears of War is way slower and wacker at matchmaking with 1 person.

If it's a deal breaker, it's not like the Gears 1 servers were taken down.

[quote name='zewone']And there's no reason to say it's broken, when it's not, just because it doesn't fit your (not you, but anyone complaining) casual needs.[/QUOTE]

I've not played it online so I can't comment personally yet.

But if it takes a long time to get into matches by yourself in a game with such a huge online community, then something is clearly wrong. Especially if you're getting kicked to the lobby after every match and having to go through the wait repeatedly.

It's not an issue in other big online games like Halo 3 and CoD4, so I don't see why Gears has the issue. Hopefully it's something they can fix, be it just getting people matched up faster, or changing it so you can stay in matches rather than going to the lobby after every match or whatever.

I'm sure they can. I think the main problem is that most people playing the game or going in with a team.

I always get matched up against another team of five. Because really, getting five people together isn't that tough.

15 people out of 18 people on my friends list that are online are playing Gears of War 2.
The other two are playing Fable 2 and the other person is playing Army of Two.

Wow. Seems like everyone is enjoying campaign.

Indeed I can normally get a few people, not always 5 and not always 1. I just think they should add something to the mix that is designed for people who dont have a party. Why leave out peoples option to play by themselves? I stopped playing with all the clans I used to play with in Gears when I went to CoD. That takes out the biggest chunk of competitive people I had on my friends list, so now I need to find new people who like to play serious on Gears. How am I gonna do that without being able to play with randoms?

Hmm. I REALLY want to like this game so when I get off work I'm going to try to grind out a couple hours playing. If anyone want's to play around 10:30pm central time send me a message or fr. xbl name= AgentOfAnarchy

[quote name='zewone']Let's just agree to disagree.

Gears of War 2 is way faster and better at matchmaking with 4-5 people.

Gears of War is way slower and wacker at matchmaking with 1 person.[/quote]

Yeah we can all agree on that.

I think it's most accurate to say that the feature of Player Match was completely omitted from Gears 2 when it was in Gears 1. Without a logical reason. That's the crux of why people are upset.

If it's a deal breaker, it's not like the Gears 1 servers were taken down.
With Gears 2 out, getting into a match on Gears 1 wouldn't be any faster.

Besides, everyone is excited to play the new game. It's just sad that, in comparison, Gears 2 is neutered by missing features the first one had, and was quite popular.

The fact that Player Match has been omitted takes it from a score of 10 to 8 for me.

I wouldnt worry, they patched Gears quiet a few times to improve they game. Cant see them not fixing things that a lot of people are having problems with. Hopefully the chainsaw is the first to get fixed

Holy shit balls guys. Gears is already bring out the complete fucking douche in all of you.

This is one of the reasons I cant stand these types of games and why I could cares less about the MP. I can only guess how shitastic the online community is in this.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Soodmeg']Holy shit balls guys. Gears is already bring out the complete fucking douche in all of you.

This is one of the reasons I cant stand these types of games and why I could cares less about the MP. I can only guess how shitastic the online community is in this.[/quote]

:oops: Yea, I kinda got that feeling so I took back some things I jumped to conclusions on and I'm going to give it a chance. I just was expecting the first one with some updates but that was obviously not the case. So, I take back all my douchbaggery!

[quote name='zewone']oh no! The gears 2 community won't get to hear how boombastic sanka is![/quote]

Oh they will hear.

Get your butt out there and spread the word. Boombastic is back bitches.

[quote name='$hady']PEOPLE ARE F'n INSANE! Look at golden lancer prices on Ebay! Why did I redeem my damn code? WHY? LOL[/quote]
I really don't think those are serious bidders. (I don't know eBay's policy on that.) The prices are going near the game's price range.

Horde mood is pretty damn fun. Had a blast playing with some CAGs the past couple hours. Furthest we made it was to level 20.

Will hop on later and either play some more of my solo campaign or maybe check out the online MP rather than horde.

I played Gears 2 today. Fun stuff. Played up to late Act 3 and one game of multiplayer. Ugh, that one game sucked. Annex on Canals = wtffffffff iz dis. I like how it said that they were matchmaking me with people of my skill, and I was definitely paired with scrubs, but the opposing team was like a group of friends all ranked high. Haha. gg matchmaker, gg.

My friends that I used to play Gears 1 with either haven't picked it up, or stopped gaming, so right now it's weird going solo. :cry:

[quote name='Willeth']There are three codes on the card. One is for the maps, one is for the gold Lancer, one is for 48 hours of Gold. If you break the shrinkwrap on your art book you'll find the photo tucked in there.[/QUOTE]

What he said.

I finally beat the game! :) I played for a hour yesterday, then I pretty much wasted all of today trying to beat the game.
It was a lot more action packed than the first, but the ending felt a bit dull.

EDIT: now i must wait till the 19th to redeem my 1600 ms point code, flashback mapack, golden hammerburst and theme causei have the nxe thing.

[quote name='Littlefields']I really don't think those are serious bidders. (I don't know eBay's policy on that.) The prices are going near the game's price range.[/QUOTE]

I don't really play online at all, so I sold my LE map and lancer codes and Gold Hammerburst code for BIN $35. Sold in about 6 hours. Yes, People are insane.

BTW, this game is friggin unbelievable.

[quote name='orbit18']I finally beat the game! :) I played for a hour yesterday, then I pretty much wasted all of today trying to beat the game.
It was a lot more action packed than the first, but the ending felt a bit dull.

EDIT: now i must wait till the 19th to redeem my 1600 ms point code, flashback mapack, golden hammerburst and theme causei have the nxe thing.[/quote]

I just beat the game a little while ago too. I did the exact same thing--played a little yesterday and wasted my whole day playing it today, haha.
This. game. is. Awesome.

I thought it had a lot more emotion and story than the first one. Had a much different "feel" than GoW1 to me. The ending didn't feel less eventful to me; it just didn't feel as difficult. I didn't really expect it to end when it did, though. (I wanted to kill the queen!) Oh well, I guess that's what sequels are for... And did anyone else catch the bit after the credits where Fenix's dad speaks? GoW3 seems like it's coming for sure... eventually.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']how come after you fnish a online game the whole match making thing starts again :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

It's as if no one here has ever played ranked Gears 1 or Halo 3.

beat it earlier today... gotta say the campaign is more worth it this time.

highlight was
the sniper shooting where marcus yells out how many killed and ends it with a "mother fucker!"... kinda odd that was my fave part.

still can't decide if I like the hammerburst or lancer better now. the headshot kills are a nice plus for the hammerburst... anyone who'se played a ton of online consider or know which stands better?

[quote name='PrarieD0G']I just beat the game a little while ago too. I did the exact same thing--played a little yesterday and wasted my whole day playing it today, haha.
This. game. is. Awesome.

I thought it had a lot more emotion and story than the first one. Had a much different "feel" than GoW1 to me. The ending didn't feel less eventful to me; it just didn't feel as difficult. I didn't really expect it to end when it did, though. (I wanted to kill the queen!) Oh well, I guess that's what sequels are for... And did anyone else catch the bit after the credits where Fenix's dad speaks? GoW3 seems like it's coming for sure... eventually.
[/quote]

Yeah i didnt expect it to end there, and I didnt think that was the last boss cause it was so quick the fight.

BTW does anyone know, if someone has the gold lancer/hammerburst, can you recover their account and get it too?

[quote name='PrarieD0G']
And did anyone else catch the bit after the credits where Fenix's dad speaks? GoW3 seems like it's coming for sure... eventually.
[/quote]
Of course there will be a Gears 3...in 2010 :cool:

[quote name='zewone']It's as if no one here has ever played ranked Gears 1 or Halo 3.[/quote]

i played gears 1 when you finish a game a new map reloads and the game continues

also i will be playing now please add me as a buddy ! i need buddies!

bread's done
Back