Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

[quote name='AshesofWake']so theres a download of 800 points for all fronts right now?[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks for posting this. queued it up. guess we'll see what happens.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm tempted, but I only have 1600 points total and don't want to accidentally download Snowblind, just mislabeled.[/QUOTE]

Do it. I just downloaded it and it is not Snowblind. Hurry up and buy!!!

I was able to download it. Played a little bit of the Deleted Scene campaign. I didn't get a chance to do any of the MP stuff, but it was 5am at that point so I went to bed.

I saw a couple people on my FL that were playing and got achievements from the pack:

link

I usually stay up till around 2:00. I left the pc right before 1:00 last night. I hate myself now for doing so. That would have been awesome to have it early, and for half the price. :bomb:

[quote name='AshesofWake']it was just a bug. no one was able to actually download it.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. Many people were able to download it, myself included.

Initially it would only load 1% and gave an error, but after about 30 minutes it was fully downloadable.

Oh, and this could all be one helluva publicity stunt...

Remember it's 1600pts for the collection of all the DLC (Combustible/Snowblind/Flashback(?)/Dark Corners)...if you already own Flashback, Combustible, and Snowblind...you'll only need 1200pts for Dark Corners.

Matchmaking on the new maps is taking a while to find players. It finds all my teammates instantly, but takes forever on the opposite team.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']These maps are a steal at 800 points :cool:[/QUOTE]

Nice gif in your sig. Too bad the shirt inspired by it is currently sold out. ;\

Anyway... I can't say I'm all that envious of those who took advantage of the glitch for the same reasons Ace brought up.

[quote name='Matt Young']I just realized I won't have enough space for All Fronts till I get a new HDD, anyway. I have less than 500MB of space.[/QUOTE]

500 megs? That's interesting, especially since the first map pack was only 80 megs.

[quote name='thrustbucket']500 megs? That's interesting, especially since the first map pack was only 80 megs.[/QUOTE]

That's what he has left. All Fronts is 760 megs.

I'm really kind of surprised at the fact that it took me and a partner maybe 30 minutes to beat the stealth and guns-blazing parts of the deleted scene, although I shouldn't have expected much more than that (Stealth took ~20 minutes, and guns-blazing took ~10).

[quote name='decrot']maybe we should take out all weapons and just have tickle fights[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Trakan']That's what he has left. All Fronts is 760 megs.[/QUOTE]

that's what I meant. Its odd that 7 maps is that big whe 3 was only 70. Its as if the first map pack was on the disc already

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I'm really kind of surprised at the fact that it took me and a partner maybe 30 minutes to beat the stealth and guns-blazing parts of the deleted scene, although I shouldn't have expected much more than that (Stealth took ~20 minutes, and guns-blazing took ~10).[/QUOTE]

How are you surprised by that?

[quote name='thrustbucket']that's what I meant. Its odd that 7 maps is that big whe 3 was only 70. Its as if the first map pack was on the disc already[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah... We know the first map pack or packs were on the disc. I did buy Combustible when it first came out, after all.

Now, I just need to find a cheap 120 GB HDD.

[quote name='zewone']How are you surprised by that?[/QUOTE]
Because I at least expected 30 minutes both ways and not having the same 2-3 minutes of gameplay repeated throughout that short amount of time. I'm not shocked/astounded, just surprised that my meager expectations weren't even met.

[quote name='Danil ACE']Matchmaking on the new maps is taking a while to find players. It finds all my teammates instantly, but takes forever on the opposite team.[/QUOTE]
Well, yeah.

This game is quite a bit better than the last time I tried it. Reducing the stuns alone made it more tolerable. If only they'd remove that wait after running on the melee. Lv 15 right now. ^_^'

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']If anyone want to get together to play some Horde on the new maps shoot me a message.[/QUOTE]

I'm down and should be on late tonight.

[quote name='Trakan']Incorrect. Many people were able to download it, myself included.[/QUOTE]

Me too and about 5 others on my friends list

[quote name='Kilger']I'll play some horde on the new maps.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'm going to play some horde tonight around 8 or 9pm EST. I'll invite you and anyone else who has expressed interest.

Also, what sense does it make not letting players choose the map in Public Horde games? I hate that fact that you can't host your own public vs games, but I guess I can understand it, but it makes no sense limiting your online options in Horde.

My friends list is empty looking to add people, only have horde maps that are included with game but will get the all fronts pack on the 28th. ^^

if possible when sending friend invite just type in "GoW2" tyvm

These are pretty cool:

xblacogarmor1sm.jpg

xblacogarmor2sm.jpg

During the Gearsiverse panel at Comic-Con, Epic's Cliff Bleszinski and Ron Fergusson revealed that there will be Gears of War-themed armor of both the COG and Locust variety coming to XBL Avatars soon. One rule that Microsoft imposes on Avatar clothing and models is that they "can't look inhuman," according to Bleszinski. So they pieced together a workaround set of Locust armor that you can check out beyond the break.

Look for these new Avatar upgrades to be available when the next Xbox Live dashboard update becomes available soon. Meanwhile, we're going to scurry out to our preview builds to see if they're already available. Be sure and peep the Locust image, just around the corner.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/25/gears-of-war-cog-and-locust-armor-coming-to-xbox-live-avatars/

I really wish they would make some sort of effort to fix the lag. I love gears, and I cant get enough of it. But i hate wasting my time playing a laggy game i cant enjoy. Ive been trying to play wingman with a friend, but we always end up losing, and its mostly because of terrible lag. One game i couldnt even shoot my shotgun. Ill probably get the map pack this tuesday anyway. There are a lot of achievements i need using the combustible and snowblind maps, and the new ones. So if anyone wants to play hit me up, but i dont use a mic, and really cant hear anything people say through my tv.

Wow... those avatars look terrible. They'll definitely cost around $5 and I'd prefer paying that much so I can change the color of my weapons. Fail.

the COG one looks OK but the Locust looks terrible! They should have gone for the red/black duster and armor like Dom and Marcus wear in Dark Corners:

geasofwarallfronts.jpg

Wow seriously, i dont know if i want to support epic and buy the new all fronts pack when the lag is this shitty. Why should i spend 20 bucks on maps for a game that is so laggy, half the games are unplayable. I should just use the 20 bucks and buy a used copy of halo 3.

Can a person play horde mode by himself, with just bots? None of my friends play this, and I'd like to give it a shot. I rarely play online.

bread's done
Back