Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

Its amazing...

Im having a good game of warzone, its 2-2, connection seems fine and i lose my connection. But then when i get a game that is full of lag, cant shoot, bounce all around...it wont disconnect me. Go figure that one out.

I forgot that I had Halo 2 saves on my hard drive, so deleting those map packs gave me enough space (I was at less than 200MB) to download All Fronts. I played 30 waves of Horde total to get 2 achievements, and plan to play much more this week.

Maybe we could get a cag group going for horde? Hate having people leave after like 5 waves. I did manage to finish guns blazing coop with The 7th Number on a studying break though, probably gonna finish stealth tomorrow either alone or co-op so add me if interested.=)

gamertag: wingw

[quote name='wingw']Maybe we could get a cag group going for horde? Hate having people leave after like 5 waves. I did manage to finish guns blazing coop with The 7th Number on a studying break though, probably gonna finish stealth tomorrow either alone or co-op so add me if interested.=)

gamertag: wingw[/QUOTE]

I dont remember that. LOL. I still need to go through it co op. I tried to go in stealthy, but after i ....
talked to you know who
.... all hell broke loose and i thought that was enough. PS. When cliffy said we might see someone from Gears 1, i was hoping for
a Beserker, not some dude i barely remembered.

^^^ me and decrot had that prob. We played a map with just us two cause the others left. I think if it doesnt land on a map that they need an achievement for they quit.

Had a weird issue with the stealth last night. Near the end we were inside one of those rooms where you have to go up the ladder and pull the lever to open up the door...my helmet fell off and Marcus went on to say "shit, our cover is blown"

I didn't get the achievement for being stealthy :whistle2:|

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought this yesterday. Did guns blazing, it was pretty fun. It fits in well with the campaign.

Played a few of the new maps on horde. The new maps are done really well. I actually think the gears maps are overall very good and these seem to be more of the same (very good) maps.

I'll add the people who said they want to play horde to my friends list.

Oh ya, they added an achievement for kill bloodmounts with the scorcher. I didn't realize how good the scorcher is on bloodmounts. One guy was taking down bloodmounts pretty much by himself with one. I guess they added the achievement to teach people this.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I just wasn't sure how long it was since they described it as a chapter I wasn't sure it it was just one short level or 3 or 4 levels making up a chapter. But I guess Gears is Divided up into Acts with multiple Chapters rather than the other way around so I should have known.

Oh well, maybe they'll sell that for $5 by itself down the road some time. I love Gears 1 & 2 for single player/co-op, but hate the multiplayer. Horde was ok I guess, but I don't give a shit about having more maps for it.

Im up for horde on map packs. I dont have any of the achievements for those, so i dont mind doing any of the maps. I still think i need to do levels 8, 9, and 10 on subway for the one achievement. I am really tired of playing horde on security and day one. So send me an invite if you need an extra player!

I also need someone to go through the new deleted chapter with. So if someone needs to do that, hit me up. Shouldnt take too long.

Okay ive done the co-op deleted scene dark corners achievement. Achievements i still need that i can currently get in horde match type ....

- Survive first 10 Horde waves on Combustible Map Pack maps as a team (done 10 waves of Flood)
- Complete waves 1 through 10 on all Snowblind Map Pack maps in Horde (any difficulty)
- Complete waves 1 through 50 on any Snowblind Map Pack map in Horde (any difficulty)
- Reach level 8 in multiplayer and complete waves 1 - 10 on the War Machine map in Horde
- Reach level 10 in multiplayer and complete waves 1 - 10 on the Highway map in Horde
- Reach level 15 in multiplayer and complete waves 1 - 20 on the Sanctuary map in Horde
- Reach level 20 in multiplayer and complete waves 1 - 20 on the Way Station map in Horde
- Reach level 30 in multiplayer and complete waves 1 - 30 on the Allfathers Garden map in Horde
- Reach level 40 in multiplayer and complete waves 1 - 40 on the Memorial map in Horde
- Reach level 50 in multiplayer and complete waves 1 - 50 on the Nowhere map in Horde
- Kill 25 Bloodmounts with a Scorcher while playing Horde on a Dark Corners Map Pack map

I can play Gears 2 tomorrow afternoon or anytime Friday if you need help. I need everything you listed, although I'm nowhere close to level 50 in multiplayer.

Yeah, we played through it on Hardcore. Also, sorry I couldn't play Halo 3 earlier. I was finishing up Tales of Vesperia.

[quote name='KingBroly']Yeah, we played through it on Hardcore. Also, sorry I couldn't play Halo 3 earlier. I was finishing up Tales of Vesperia.[/QUOTE]

All good man, I just started getting back into Gears and Halo. I'll be around Friday and probably most of the weekend for some games.

Picked up the 1200 point version since I already have the other maps. So far I'm digging it, played a lot of Sanctuary with my Horde crew.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Okay ive done the co-op deleted scene dark corners achievement. Achievements i still need that i can currently get in horde match type ....

- Complete waves 1 through 50 on any Snowblind Map Pack map in Horde (any difficulty)
- Reach level 40 in multiplayer and complete waves 1 - 40 on the Memorial map in Horde
[/QUOTE]

I'd be in for these ones.

Damn i just got done playing a crazy game of King of the Hill. We went against this team that really sucked. So instead of just winning the game, we stood around the king of the hill spot and killed them all whenever they tried to take the spot. Most of the time they just tried to chainsaw us, LOL It was pretty fun. I scored 10,000 points in the game but only got 3,000 XP :(

gow2.jpg

[quote name='The 7th Number']Damn i just got done playing a crazy game of King of the Hill. We went against this team that really sucked. So instead of just winning the game, we stood around the king of the hill spot and killed them all whenever they tried to take the spot. Most of the time they just tried to chainsaw us, LOL It was pretty fun. I scored 10,000 points in the game but only got 3,000 XP :(

[/QUOTE]

Yea, the group I have been playing with normally does something similar since they are all trying to level up as much as possible during the double XP this week. It is usually about milking as many XP out of a game as possible. Submission usually turns into dropping the meatshield and picking it back up in a group as much as possible while the other team tries to kill you. KotH is a tough one though because the ratio of points to XP is really low. The quickest way to get XP is to play Insane Horde on Security. Get a good team, beat wave 1 then jump through the lasers and restart wave 1. 500 xp in about 90 seconds.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Yea, the group I have been playing with normally does something similar since they are all trying to level up as much as possible during the double XP this week. It is usually about milking as many XP out of a game as possible. Submission usually turns into dropping the meatshield and picking it back up in a group as much as possible while the other team tries to kill you. KotH is a tough one though because the ratio of points to XP is really low. The quickest way to get XP is to play Insane Horde on Security. Get a good team, beat wave 1 then jump through the lasers and restart wave 1. 500 xp in about 90 seconds.[/QUOTE]

Wow thats a good tip. I hate playing annex, its so long and hardly gives you any points. I dont know why everyone picks that one.

Update to what i need.

- Survive first 10 Horde waves on Combustible Map Pack maps as a team
Flood
Gold Rush
Fuel Station
- Complete waves 1 through 10 on all Snowblind Map Pack maps in Horde (any difficulty)
Grind Yard
Underhill
Courtyard
Fuel Depot
- Reach level 8 in multiplayer and complete waves 1 - 10 on the War Machine map in Horde
- Reach level 10 in multiplayer and complete waves 1 - 10 on the Highway map in Horde
- Kill 25 Bloodmounts with a Scorcher while playing Horde on a Dark Corners Map Pack map

Had fun playing Horde with 7th Number and Doodle last night. Sorry about bailing at 2:30 am, but I was exhausted. 7th Number, you really need to start using a mic - makes the game more enjoyable.

This is what i need in terms of horde achievements:
I still need waves 28-46 on any Snowblind map as well as all the DC maps that require 30+ waves for an achievement 9i can do 1-20 waves slowly but surely on my on)

whoever is organizing some cag horde sessions Sunday/Monday send me an invite!

I need XX-50 on a Snowblind Horde Map, 14 waves spread across 2 maps, and pretty much every Dark Corner Horde achievement (Although I'm only level 21).

Gamer and KingBroly...i also need the 50 waves on a snowblind map. I think ive done maybe 20-25 so far, but then the host quit. I can get the facts on what level i did last, next time i turn my game on. If you want to play add me. Im usually on around 10PM CT till late. I dont mind starting from level 1.

alright I'll be going for the following tomorrow around 11 PM Eastern. I am on the East Coast (those wondering about connectivty):

Waves 28-50 on any Snowblind Map
Waves 1-50 on the Nowhere
Waves 1-40 on the Memorial
Waves 1-30 on the Allfathers Garden

that is the order. I plan on doing all on normal difficult for now (might change depending on time and amount/skill of players). I haven't played any of the DC maps (sans Sanctuary and Highway) so I'll be learning the layout on the fly.

I am looking for 4 CAGs willing to do the above. I expect people who have completed Horde (1-50) at least once or are at least able to do waves 1-10 on their own (on casual is fine). I would like to get these done as fast as possible so please be comfortable with running and gunning a lot with and without the aid of shields (later waves the team may be split into 2 or 3 groups to quickly dispatch the horde)

I'll be trying for the 1-50 on Nowhere sometime next week, I will post again and maybe some of you guys would be interested in helping me out.

Loving the new maps!

Man trying to get 5 random guys to play horde in a public match is impossible. Then when i finally get a map i like, the host quits, or half the team dont even play. I was able to get war machine and highway achievements doing it this way though. Only horde maps i need to do are....

Combustible
- Fuel Station, Level 6-10
Snowblind
- Underhill, Level 1-10
- Courtyard, Level 1-10
Snowbling map, Level 27 - 50

Ill be on later tonight, if anyone wants to try this.

I also need to scorch 19 more bloodmounts on any of the all fronts maps. Is there any easy way to get this done?

I also need to finish levels 11-50 on a Snowblind map, feel free to send me an invite if anyone is attempting this -- DJP519. I also need to do 1-30 on Allfathers Garden.

Re: the bloodmount achievement -- you can do this on your own, on level 10, casual, on the Allfathers Garden map. A scorcher will be in the same spot everytime, it does not rotate in and out like it does on most maps. It's right by the center. Once you grab it, you should be able to take out 1-3 bloodmounts before you get killed, then just restart and repeat.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Man trying to get 5 random guys to play horde in a public match is impossible. Then when i finally get a map i like, the host quits, or half the team dont even play. I was able to get war machine and highway achievements doing it this way though. Only horde maps i need to do are....

Combustible
- Fuel Station, Level 6-10
Snowblind
- Underhill, Level 1-10
- Courtyard, Level 1-10
Snowbling map, Level 27 - 50

Ill be on later tonight, if anyone wants to try this.

I also need to scorch 19 more bloodmounts on any of the all fronts maps. Is there any easy way to get this done?[/QUOTE]

I managed to get waves 1-20 in Sanctuary done in a Public Match. Wave 20 took forever because by about Wave 8 we only had 3 people. That's what seems to happen in public Horde. A lot of drop outs.

7th Number, send me a msg on xbl so we can do the snowblind one. we can start at wave 27 since I just need 28-46 (yeah some guy asked me to help with 47-50 a while back). with 2 people it should be ine on casual but more is (usually) better

[quote name='doodle777_98']I need some for coop on road to ruin. i plan on just shooting through it.[/QUOTE]
send me an invite for coop on xbl. i need the coop too for shooting it out

Winning a wingman match on each combustible map seems hopeless. I played last night and didnt even get to play on any of the 3 maps. I think i won 1 match though.

Is anyone near getting 100,000 kills achievement? I think im around 15,000 LOL.

I have about 6,000. I went from late January till early July without playing at all, though.

As for the combustible maps, is there not an option to pick just that map pack for Wingman? I honestly don't know since I never play Wingman. I have only played 1 of the combustible maps. I bought the pack when it first came out and then went on a long hiatus from Gears. I don't even know why. School was taking up a lot of my time, but I could have squeezed it in there somewhere.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Winning a wingman match on each combustible map seems hopeless. I played last night and didnt even get to play on any of the 3 maps. I think i won 1 match though.

Is anyone near getting 100,000 kills achievement? I think im around 15,000 LOL.[/QUOTE]
play wingman w/ bots on easy and there you go. easy cheesemints.

Oh shit. I thought that since the first Wingman achievement was public only, they all were. There are no specific guidelines for the Flashback and Combustible Wingman achievements.

Yeah i got the wingman achievement now. That was easy. I just tried like 5 times to get some of the scorch the bloodmounts achievement in allfathers garden on level 10 of horde on casual, and wow i must suck cos i keep dying and i cant get any kills. If i try to go for a shield i just get murdered by grinders. If i stay in the middle and wait for the bloodmounts i still end up dying. Its like they only hit me once or twice and im dead.

Only achievements i need to get full 1750 points is
- Beat game on insane
- Kill 100,000 enemies
- Capture 10 meatflags in Submission (public only)
- Win Annex match on each flashback and combustible map (public only)
- Reach level 100 and win on each snowblind map (im only level 56)
- Beat waves 1-50 on a snowblind map
- Kill 25 bloodmounts while playing dark corners map

bread's done
Back