Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

I think I read on the Gears forums that Labor day will be the last multiplier event before Gears 3. I don't know if that means they'll not be doing anymore ever or if it's just the last one before the release. Either way, I hit 93 and unless this event is now officially over, I only have one more chance.

Also, a qualifier to my previous statement, I thought I just wasn't all that great at Gears multiplayer, but the Gears 3 beta proved me wrong, I'm average and at times, with decent support I can be really good. I despise the Gears 2 multiplayer for ruining my self-esteem and giving me a complex.

Yeah, you're right. I was just pointing out that in the rare good games of Annex and Submission you'd get a grand amount of points compared to the time you'd have to play Horde for. Horde is great because it's usually guaranteed points...unless you have idlers. Gears of War is a great game series, but the community kills it.

Just try to plan some free time around Labor Day, and, if you need help, I should still have the game around then and would definitely help you with getting XP.

Just saw this:

Comic Con is upon us and with it comes another Gears of War 2 XP Event! #GearsWeekend comes early this week and the event starts at 9:00 AM EST Thursday morning to coincide with the start of Comic Con. According to Gears of War 3 Executive Producer Rod Fergusson, the event features 20x XP and Horde enemies with mixed up weapons. The 20 x XP is to celebrate the release date of Gears of War 3 September 20th 2011.

of course they do it the weekend I'll be out of town, right? I'll try to get in as much play time as I can. If I can hit 95 I think the Labor Day event will get me to 100.

Got lucky last night and the first game I jumped in had people boosting, so I managed to go from 96 to 100 in a couple of hours. When you have people cooperating it takes no time at all, but when you have quitters or people just not willing to assist it just seems to drag on. Oh well, I'm happy because now I can go back to my other games or just hang out and play horde. I still need co-op achievements, so if anyone wants to run the game on casual sometime I'm game.

Well, i was level 70 two months ago...but then i got reset.
I made it to level 60 with some time...but got reset again..?????????
even my achievements got reset!

So now i'm only level 50 with no hope to reach 100 in time for Gears 3... makes me very sad

Gears Weekend Marathon Event

Every weekend leading up to the release of Gears of War 3 we will have a special event! In theory, we would like the XP gradually getting higher each weekend too (so cross your fingers!) Plus, a few surprises are in store

XP Boost Graduation
(If it should occur)

increase of 5x xp every weekend starting at 5x.
Increase by 10's starting with 10xp, ending with 50xp
Number ends in 3 or is a multiple of it (9, 13, 18, 23, 30, 33, etc)... last weekend would be 33xp

If anyone wants to start a group feel free to add me GT-ActiveIntersect

[quote name='praxus07']So this is on sale now on XBL for $14.99....is it worth buying for that price, or will the price be coming down at GS anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

I'm actually considering it as well. It's $2 more than GS, but that $2 is worth not having to go to GS for me. Plus it being on the HDD would be nice.

Although the triple pack is on sale for $20 right now at BB.

[quote name='whoknows']Although the triple pack is on sale for $20 right now at BB.[/QUOTE]I would go with the triple pack in all honesty... You get Gears 1 if you've never played it and even you have you get all the DLC for Gears 2. (which will set you back 5 bucks now I do believe.)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I would go with the triple pack in all honesty... You get Gears 1 if you've never played it and even you have you get all the DLC for Gears 2. (which will set you back 5 bucks now I do believe.)[/QUOTE]
I'd also expect the Gears of War Triple Pack to hold its trade-in value as well, if you trade your games.

Went ahead and bought it with MS points. The GS website has it listed used for $19.99, and not interested in the $20 BB sale (already have the first game), so figured this'll do. And that Map pack is $10, not $5. Still, couldn't care less about multiplayer maps, so $15 is decent.

[quote name='madcyantist']I still need to get a couple of the Horde achievements. Anyone else want to schedule something to get them?[/QUOTE]Which ones were you thinking about? I still need Trial By, and on Fire (complete 1-10 on the Combustible Map Pack - Flood, Gold Rush, and Fuel Station); and Am I Only Dreaming (complete 1-40 on Memorial).

[quote name='Zyzomys']Which ones were you thinking about? I still need Trial By, and on Fire (complete 1-10 on the Combustible Map Pack - Flood, Gold Rush, and Fuel Station); and Am I Only Dreaming (complete 1-40 on Memorial).[/QUOTE]

Feel free to add me, I've got all the cheevos (except Seriously), and I'm down to help out (when I'm not boosting to get to 100,000 kills).

[quote name='Zyzomys']Which ones were you thinking about? I still need Trial By, and on Fire (complete 1-10 on the Combustible Map Pack - Flood, Gold Rush, and Fuel Station); and Am I Only Dreaming (complete 1-40 on Memorial).[/QUOTE]

i need the waves 40 and 50 achievements but i think we can start in the 30s. have to check the log. on phone so will add your GT tonight.

I added both desertBloom and Dark Trooper 87 to My Friends List.

Madcyantist, how/where do you check to see which levels you have completed? I was looking at my Gears of War 2 stats on Epic and I could not find anything about specific levels being completed on each map in Horde mode. Where are you looking?

[quote name='Zyzomys']I added both desertBloom and Dark Trooper 87 to My Friends List.

Madcyantist, how/where do you check to see which levels you have completed? I was looking at my Gears of War 2 stats on Epic and I could not find anything about specific levels being completed on each map in Horde mode. Where are you looking?[/QUOTE]

It should show you the achievement progress in game. It won't tell you which specific levels you've completed but it will tell you how many of 50 that you've completed.

I still need the achievements for:

1-20 on Sanctuary
1-20 on Waystation
1-40 on Memorial

(Think I just need 11-20 on the first two as I think there was a do all maps 1-10 achievement for those and I have all of those type of achievements). Happy to help others by starting wave 1 on those though.

My gaming time is sporadic though so I'd really only be up for playing if we set up a day/time several days in advance. Friday and Saturday nights are probably best for me since these take a good chunk of time.

I have a family so my gaming time is limited to nights, after 9 pm. Tonight and Saturday would be perfect plus there is a higher multiple this weekend (20x I think).

[quote name='bossman']It should show you the achievement progress in game. It won't tell you which specific levels you've completed but it will tell you how many of 50 that you've completed.[/QUOTE]

In your war journal

I'm on now if anyone wants to start!

yea the war journal when you start up the game tracks all achievement progress.

and im also down for horde achievements i have a couple but need a bunch of em still. feel free to inv me if u need an extra player

i never have good experiences with this game

-i thorw a nade guy shoots it gets three kills i get nothing
- down several, shoot them with my shotgun point blank, rubber bullets.
-i shoot a guy whos down with my assault rifle for a minute at least, guy walks up to him while im shooting and revives him.
-i get downed, spend 2 minutes pressing A, guy still comes up and kills me.
- im playing and whoop, cant read disc, the disc is brand new and clean

All i have to say is playing horde with all tickers is really really boring. I guess they felt tickers would help people get seriously 2.0, but i dont really see how ticker horde would be faster than replaying the last level on the brumak over and over.

[quote name='The 7th Number']All i have to say is playing horde with all tickers is really really boring. I guess they felt tickers would help people get seriously 2.0, but i dont really see how ticker horde would be faster than replaying the last level on the brumak over and over.[/QUOTE]
The lazy players and those lacking any sort of skill have been begging for it to get to Veteran Gear for the Golden Weapons.

[quote name='madcyantist']OK. Who is down for a few of the horde achievements tonight between 7-10 PM EST?[/QUOTE]

I am, I need:

- 1-50 on Snowblind map
- Any Dark Corners
- 1-10 Combustible Maps

Is it really all tickers? How long is this gonna last? I should sit down and grind these out.

[quote name='nnthomas']I am, I need:

- 1-50 on Snowblind map
- Any Dark Corners
- 1-10 Combustible Maps

Is it really all tickers? How long is this gonna last? I should sit down and grind these out.[/QUOTE]

ill add you when i get home tonight

Dear CAGs, please add me (Dark Trooper 87) and I will always help you out with any Cheevos you need (Horde, annex, etc). I'll be online most of Thursday - Sunday nights to help you with anything...

Epic's forum is down for maintenance. The bonus XP event is currently suspended online.

Booo...I'm at level 95, got off work early to come home and play...and Horde is 200 pts a round. =(

Oh, and shooting tickers after tickers after tickers....is hella lame. Some duchebag was boosting by just standing in a Container on Fuel Depot; without helping.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']Epic's forum is down for maintenance. The bonus XP event is currently suspended online.

Booo...I'm at level 95, got off work early to come home and play...and Horde is 200 pts a round. =(

Oh, and shooting tickers after tickers after tickers....is hella lame. Some duchebag was boosting by just standing in a Container on Fuel Depot; without helping.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't even stomach a few waves of it. Such a chore. I'm not sure how multiple people could make it go faster...

Seriously, if you really want your wings (will get a reward of some type in gears 3) play during all tickers, go to security, get in the area with the mortar and turn on the laser walls. Then play your ps3, watch a movie, nap, whatever. Check back periodically to restart. The tickers blow up when they try to puch the button. I wish it would grant you kills for Seriously 2.0.

[quote name='dotCody']I gave up trying to get my Wings, I just can't stand Gears 2 MP.[/QUOTE]
I got to 50, looked at the EXP totals and saw that level 50 is only about 10% of the way to level 100... and that was enough for me.

Despite the exp bonus, this is grueling.. What is the most effective way to do this..? map/difficulty/amount of people? in other words, is there a definitive way to get the most out of ticker madness? If not, I may just call it quits now because eventually that bar doesn't move lol.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Seriously, if you really want your wings (will get a reward of some type in gears 3) play during all tickers, go to security, get in the area with the mortar and turn on the laser walls. Then play your ps3, watch a movie, nap, whatever. Check back periodically to restart. The tickers blow up when they try to puch the button. I wish it would grant you kills for Seriously 2.0.[/QUOTE]

I got wings already, I'm just trying to squeeze out some Horde.

bread's done
Back