Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

Has anyone received Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition? Is the extra content included as code? If that is the case, then the codes would have to be unused to be considered as a full package, right?

I want to activate it, but wanted to get some input first.

[quote name='shieryda']Has anyone received Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition? Is the extra content included as code? If that is the case, then the codes would have to be unused to be considered as a full package, right?

I want to activate it, but wanted to get some input first.[/QUOTE]

One time use codes are not required for full package.

[quote name='pcktlnt']One time use codes are not required for full package.[/QUOTE]

Boo. I guess I'll either get the original retail version, or buy the Ultimate version at K-Mart. Want 1943.

[quote name='pcktlnt']One time use codes are not required for full package.[/QUOTE]

This discussion was had with the RE5 Gold Edition. It's so dumb that they have this rule without any form of flexibility. The code is what makes the game Gold/Ultimate/etc..., thus I believe it needs to be included. Without the code, it's just the basic game.

[quote name='Shinoto']Actually, for RE5 Gold, Gears 2 GOTY, and BC2. The Code has to be included or else it's the same as the normal edition.[/QUOTE]

Ahh...so they finally did make a decision on how to handle special editions with a code? Good on them.

They disabled trading for RE5 Gold (360). Not sure about the other games.

--- edit ---
Shinto, where does it say what is required?

I went to Gears of War 2 GOTY and the trading info states
Trading instructions:
Notice to Traders: The bonus DLC is not required for trading of this game as specified in the "Trading Requirements & Shipping Options" section of the Shipping page of the FAQ.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Right now, 1 AM EST. Notice how the page won't even load? ;)[/QUOTE]

took me 3min to finally get halo :bomb:

Does anyone know when Goozex puts new games in? Do they do it immediately at 12:01 AM or is it some random time during the day?

Ok questions CAGs

I recently bought Gears of War 2 GOTY edition at my local Play n Trade for $10.
Thought it would be in bad condition but looks like new but with no DLC. Which Is fine since $10 is still cheap. Its $20 at Gamestop.

Now I can trade this to Goozex for 450 points according to their rules.
What do I do if someone leaves me negative feedback because they didn't get the code. I have a feeling they might and I really need points as I only have 50.

thx a bunch

From the trading page for the Gears of War 2 GotY Edition:

"Notice to Traders: The bonus DLC is not required for trading of this game as specified in the "Trading Requirements & Shipping Options" section of the Shipping page of the FAQ."

Under the trading info tab.

To add on to what Jbently posted. If the buyer ever leaves you a negative due to dlc not being included, remember to dispute the negative. Dispute and then continue communications with the buyer if any.

I'm thinking about trading my Shank code on Goozex (850!).

But I was thinking; if the guy claims that I scammed him, how could I fight back?

If I gave them the code (I won it from a contest), I have no way of confirming whether he's lying or not. Should I be paranoid about this or should I go ahead and do the trade?

I haven't put it up for trade yet, too scared :cold:

Put up the code for trade, when you are match, before accepting the trade, look at the person's feedback score. Then you can judge if they are a stand up character or douche. When you feel comfortable to trade, just send a pm to them letting them know you have an unused code and that you will pm them the code when they pm you back. This way you have goozex pm proof that you sent them the code and they agree to it. I haven't had any troubles with code trading, but i've only done it twice. *shrugs*

Theoretically though, there is absolutely nothing to stop them from just saying the code wasn't valid, in which case, there really isn't a way you could prove otherwise.

Okay I got matched up with someone, total of 100-ish feedback, all positives, I'm pretty confident.

The thing is, I put the game as Full Package. Am I required to actually ship anything if it's just a code?

There is a way.
If they have their 360 gamertag.
You can check that if they use the code and you can see if they used the code.
Better than nothing.

This is weird. Shipped out Shadow of the Colossus, First Class with DC. The DC says Notice Left with this:

"We attempted to deliver your item at 4:00 pm on September 15, 2010 in BUFFALO, NY XXXXX and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

Has this ever happened to anyone?

[quote name='icedrake523']This is weird. Shipped out Shadow of the Colossus, First Class with DC. The DC says Notice Left with this:

"We attempted to deliver your item at 4:00 pm on September 15, 2010 in BUFFALO, NY XXXXX and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

Has this ever happened to anyone?[/QUOTE]

Yes, happens often. Just a friendly PM to the buyer to let them know they may have to pick up the game at the post office.

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']How long is the wait usually for newly released games?[/QUOTE]

Every Tuesday at 12:00 am CST for majority of the releases. And some releases are on Thursday at 12:00 am CST.

--- Edit ---
Read it wrong. The wait time for the game depends on the popularity and the supply of the game. If it's a niche game, expect low turnovers, so months or yearly. If it's a major game, say Halo Reach, the game will start trading within a week, so wait times can range from weekly to monthly.

So you have to determine whether the game will be popular or not and if the game will be rare or not. Cheers

[quote name='adriley313']There is a way.
If they have their 360 gamertag.
You can check that if they use the code and you can see if they used the code.
Better than nothing.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tip, but the code was for PS3 (which is why I was trying to do something with it). He sounds like good people, I'm sure it'll turn out fine. I confirmed it shipped and sent him a message with a code.

EDIT: I sent the guy the code via PM day before yesterday. No response, he's usually very prompt. I"m worried :(

EDIT2: Aha! Got the points today! Sweet!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jughead']Would it be safe to assume F1 2010 will be released on Goozex Thursday?[/QUOTE]

360/PS3 pages on Goozex are saying it's being published on September 22.
PC version says September 30.

I don't know about you guys but I activated a lot of my requests.

I haven't received a price change email in weeks and some people are starting to wonder if the algorithim (sp?) is broken.

[quote name='depascal22']I don't know about you guys but I activated a lot of my requests.

I haven't received a price change email in weeks and some people are starting to wonder if the algorithim (sp?) is broken.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I finally got tired of waiting for point drops, and activated a couple games myself. I don't know what's going on, but haven't checked any forums on the subject, either.

They posted an update today about improving algorithm and stopping updates while it was tested, with expectation to be back soon. But things seem to be going downhill there :(

Not that Im convinced the explanation makes sense being they claimed weeks ago there wasn't anything wrong with the point changes, and turning it off has obviously hurt activity. Might have more to do with them adding amazon links to every listing and maybe more crazy changes to come. They seem to have lost their minds after the 'make the buyer pay for a goozex shipping label" thread

Last edited by a moderator:
so jay you outta points then? If you have like 30 trade tokens and a bunch of pts it may be worth hanging onto for the time invested.

[quote name='jughead']cool. thanks. I wonder if the pc version will be on par/better than console versions?[/QUOTE]

The graphics for the PC version are MUCH better than those on the PS3 or Xbox.

[quote name='zoro69']They posted an update today about improving algorithm and stopping updates while it was tested, with expectation to be back soon. But things seem to be going downhill there :(

Not that Im convinced the explanation makes sense being they claimed weeks ago there wasn't anything wrong with the point changes, and turning it off has obviously hurt activity. Might have more to do with them adding amazon links to every listing and maybe more crazy changes to come. They seem to have lost their minds after the 'make the buyer pay for a goozex shipping label" thread[/QUOTE]

They better not make the buyer pay for a goozex label:bomb:

[quote name='likeme']They better not make the buyer pay for a goozex label:bomb:[/QUOTE]

That blew up in their face. I don't think they're ever going to make the buyer pay for the label but you never know.

I'm not sold on the whole explanation. Why didn't they say anything weeks ago other than, "We're working on it."

Ok so today I received Tekken 3 in the mail. I open the package and come to find out it's the PAL version. What do I do in this type of incident where the seller has sent me something that's not playable in my region? I already contacted the trader about it but have not received a response yet.

[quote name='Spanky']Ok so today I received Tekken 3 in the mail. I open the package and come to find out it's the PAL version. What do I do in this type of incident where the seller has sent me something that's not playable in my region? I already contacted the trader about it but have not received a response yet.[/QUOTE]

That's a big fat negative. Imports are only allowed to be traded on Goozex if there wasn't a US release. Obviously, Tekken 3 was released in America.

You could try to work something out where the seller initiates a cancel after you leave negative feedback but make sure he/she initiates the cancel AND somehow reimburses you for return shipping.

[quote name='depascal22']That's a big fat negative. Imports are only allowed to be traded on Goozex if there wasn't a US release. Obviously, Tekken 3 was released in America.

You could try to work something out where the seller initiates a cancel after you leave negative feedback but make sure he/she initiates the cancel AND somehow reimburses you for return shipping.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I figured it wasn't ok to be sent imports but I wanted to make sure. Still haven't heard back from the Trader. How much longer should I give him?

bread's done
Back