OFFICIAL HALO 2 CAG CLAN THREAD #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to agree, out of the four nights I've played with the clan, last night was for certain the most fun.

I know that I need to keep UGamerX on my side, since he's a badass with the sniper rifle. :D

The crazy king was a blast, I just need to make sure I'm on a balanced or larger team.

The CTF games were pretty well organized, since we seemed to work with some sense of group tactics when making our way to the flag.

Props to Ledhed for running the training session on Coag, it helped me a bit to understand the flag dynamics I've only seen from the receiving end.

Overall, I think it was a very good step forward in making the clan a more cohesive unit.

[quote name='Arikado']Sorry I made practice late last night. I didn't get off work until around 10:30.

[quote name='KingDox']I had alot of fun tonight, I gotta say the game of crazy king was a real highlight.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?panel=stats&gameid=30418605&player=KingDox

And good lord did I get sniped a bunch by UGamer X. We should start spliting up the list of players into goups of people who have a specialty.[/quote]

Yeah, I got three (!) Killimanjaros during that Crazy King game. It was insane. I knew I got at least one, but with everything going on, I didn't even see or hear the Killimanjaro message during the other two.

In that 1 Flag CTF Fast on Zanzibar, both me and UGamer were sniping. We were picking people off left and right. :twisted:[/quote]

Yeah, we noticed that, you snipey bastard. :lol:

[quote name='CheapyD']I had fun despite JimmieMac attempting to convice Mrs. Cheapy that I'm wasting my time playing Halo 2.

I'd simply like to point out my average to better than average stats in attempt to save my tarnished reputation.

Hooray for mediocrity![/quote]

Heck yeah, hooray for mediocrity. :D I'm with you there.

And here I was thinking I wouldn't be around here anymore, after both sniping CheapyD, and running him down in the Ghost. :lol: :lol:

Yeah, last night was fun, but kinda got bored of the Capture the Flag, and it would never end! lol. Anyways it was pretty fun hope to have fun playin some clan members today.

Great games last night. I even enjoyed the Crazy King w/ Shotguns fandango! Typically, I am more of a CTF / Assault type of player, but that game was fun as hell. Mass Bedlam. I will note that Orange and Red look very similar in game, and I killed my teammates... say... five or ten times.

Arikado and UGamer are deadly with the sniper rifle. UGamer owned my ass on several boards... I will somehow extract my revenge... this I vow.

wow - i'm gone doing finals for a coupla weeks, and you CAGs go and get badass on me!! ;)

Last night was fun, but I learned that I certainly need to practice more to get my skills back on par - I sucked a donkey's ass last night. WHEW!

...and yeah, I got sniped about a trillion times....

Yeah, last night's clan matches were awesome fun. And even I, the suckiest player (check the stats, it's fuckin true) enjoyed myself.

Though next time I;m going to try and not be on the team that goes against Arikado. He's brutal efficient.

My name is on the chopping block, which makes sense, I never play anything clan related. So I suppose you should just take me off. I'm too addicted to World of Warcraft right now to play Halo 2 regularly.

Thanks anyway. No hard feelings?

[quote name='evilpenguin9000']My name is on the chopping block, which makes sense, I never play anything clan related. So I suppose you should just take me off. I'm too addicted to World of Warcraft right now to play Halo 2 regularly.

Thanks anyway. No hard feelings?[/quote]

You us us five bucks, for processing fees.

I liked last night, and that one game http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?panel=vs&gameid=30418605&player=JimmieMac showed you, once and for all that, pound for pound me and those men along with me in that game are the greatest players in the game.

Bad news for Jonny Postman who has to play me in the first round in the Tourny. I beat him up in that game, 7-3. The one saving grace is that Johnny Come-Latly will be able to say that he got his monkey ass whipped by one of the greatest players in the game.

JimmieMac....we got off on the wrong foot and I think our personalities clash a bit. But I would like to do it right for the clan and work it out.

I dont expect us to be Halo-pals, but I really dont care for us to be tieing up the Team-chat line bitching back and forth at each other. You do your thing and I'll do my thing but we'll leave the bullshit inbetween out for the clan.

No hard feelings?

[quote name='Mookyjooky']JimmieMac....we got off on the wrong foot and I think our personalities clash a bit. But I would like to do it right for the clan and work it out.

I dont expect us to be Halo-pals, but I really dont care for us to be tieing up the Team-chat line bitching back and forth at each other. You do your thing and I'll do my thing but we'll leave the bullshit inbetween out for the clan.

No hard feelings?[/quote]

Thanks mooky.

[quote name='JimmieMac']OMG I AM SO GOOD AT HALO 2 LOL[/quote]

A perfect example of why nothing that Jimmie says should be taken to heart.

Or taken seriously, for that matter. :wink:

Keep me in! Whenever I get on, there's usually only 2 - 3 clan members on and they're in matchmaking already. I joined a party with the clan once, but matchmaking was taking too long and I had to get to work so I dropped before the match began. :(

Also, I still need to go into the "tour" of the bigger levels. If we could set up a time to plan out strategies and stuff, that would be great. I'd really like to get better and need some help! :)

snip26ma.gif

I'll be on at around 6:30 P.M. central or so tomorrow since I'm going to an arcade (that's really big) tonight with a friend and then going back to his house to play either PS2 or GameCube. Hope to see some guys on tomorrow. :)

Can I be added to wait list my gamertag is "ajh2298" just like my CAG forum name. I play alot, but the guys I play with have been MIA on Halo 2 since GR2 and some other games have been released.

[quote name='ajh2298']Can I be added to wait list my gamertag is "ajh2298" just like my CAG forum name. I play alot, but the guys I play with have been MIA on Halo 2 since GR2 and some other games have been released.[/quote]You'll probally be able to join very soon since rock will be making some cuts to the clan. Hope you do play alot. :)

Alright, I finally have my Xbox and I'll be on in a few hours. Can't wait to play. Sometime tonight I'm going to stop for a little bit to play Tony Hawk's UG2 and Mortal Kombat Deception to see if I like them. Shouldn't be too long.

[quote name='sying']Any thoughts of getting a East CAG and West CAG?[/quote]

not enough people are online usually as it is, so splitting it up would make it even harder to get a good game going.

I've been on for about an hour and I'm going to be on for atleast another 2 hours. Is anyone else going to play tonight? I might just get something to eat now and come back to play later if anybody's going to play.

I'm usually on at odd times (very early Sat. & Sun.), but I'd like to stay in the clan. Is there a regularly-scheduled practice or clan match time? I'd like to start attending to work on my skills.

[quote name='redline']I'm usually on at odd times (very early Sat. & Sun.), but I'd like to stay in the clan. Is there a regularly-scheduled practice or clan match time? I'd like to start attending to work on my skills.[/quote]From the OP: Clan practice is twice a week, Tuesday and Thursday nights at 9:30p.m. central time.

I think clan matches can be hled whenever we have enough time or when an admin is online. :)

I'm on now if anyone else can play.

Nobody do a clan match unless you have practice with your current unit and have been doing VERY good, or if you have a staff member who feels that you guys can do it.

I've been on for the past 5 hours going on and off. I'll be back on in a few minutes and hope to play with you guys.

Anybody planning to play tonight or very soon. I'll be on alot tonight if some friends and clan members will be on.

Im not gonna be playing as much over the next few days/weeks but ill be off and on

Dont kick me yall know who I am and im one of the best members in the clan

Tag MrMajicJeff

Just wanted to let everyone know that zewone and I brought Crymson Echo into the clan tonight. He's an old friend of Arikado's and can run with the best. Those of you who played with him tonite know what he can do.

I had to get off a bit early tonite, but the last two clan matches I played tonite really showed me what we are capable of. Everyone is communicating, and knows where to be at what time. I was really impressed tonite. Good work guys.

EDIT: Also, tonite was, to my knowledge, the first time that another clan has taken our name to mean cheating. :lol: Pretty funny stuff, considering we fucking ended their pitiful little world twice in a row. :twisted:

[quote name='bankson']good rounds tonight sticky waffles. Our teams were pretty well matched.[/quote]Yeah, we did some good playing earlier. :)

We had some good matches tonight. Although the last match of Assault was kinda long and boring. :(

cuts have been made, and we're now at a sleek and sexy 74 members. it's actually more akin to a really fat girl being complimented for losing ten pounds, but hey, it's a start. if i cut you by mistake let me know, but otherwise we shall move on. see you guys online this week.

[quote name='Ledhed']Just wanted to let everyone know that zewone and I brought Crymson Echo into the clan tonight. He's an old friend of Arikado's and can run with the best. Those of you who played with him tonite know what he can do.

I had to get off a bit early tonite, but the last two clan matches I played tonite really showed me what we are capable of. Everyone is communicating, and knows where to be at what time. I was really impressed tonite. Good work guys.

EDIT: Also, tonite was, to my knowledge, the first time that another clan has taken our name to mean cheating. :lol: Pretty funny stuff, considering we shaq-fuing ended their pitiful little world twice in a row. :twisted:[/quote]

I can put my $0.02 in for Crymson Echo as well, the guy is very good, and kicked my backside around quite a bit. Not that it's entirely too hard, mind you. :D Played against him last night, we're better with him than against him. He's a worthy addition.

Glad to hear you think we're improving in our gameplay and communication, and I know that I've been helped by the training and the inter-clan games we've played, especially for CTF. I know my inter-team communication has been helped just in listening and watching how the clanmates communicate.

I guess the other team we beat (sorry I wasn't around to help with that) can't read as well as be good losers. Last time I checked, cheaT and cheaP have different letters in the fifth position, didn't they? :lol:

Oh, and Ledhed, you know there's drugs for that getting off early problem, don't you know? Might want to look into that. :twisted: :rofl:

I'll be off for the next ten days or so, on vacation in warm and sunny Detroit.

But come the new year, blood will be spilt on Xbox live. Oh yes, it will.

Mine, most likely.

Cheers,

[quote name='Ledhed']EDIT: Also, tonite was, to my knowledge, the first time that another clan has taken our name to mean cheating. :lol: Pretty funny stuff, considering we shaq-fuing ended their pitiful little world twice in a row. :twisted:[/quote]

Also amusing was the match before those two, where instead of trying to capture the flag they were jumping on each others heads to get on the roog in Zanzibar. And this guy just wanted to hang out with us and said please don't shoot me I bring gifts and then would give us a sword. It was all very surreal. When I asked what they were doing after the match I was told to mind my own fucking business. :)

TalkXbox has been running a weekly column with Halo 2 strategies; there are 5, so far:

Week 1: Ghost Rush - Warthog Run http://www.talkxbox.com/editorial44.html
Week 2: Assaulting Burial Grounds http://www.talkxbox.com/editorial42.html"
Week 3: Three Plots at Midship http://www.talkxbox.com/editorial43.html
Week 4: 1 CTF Fast at Ivory Tower http://www.talkxbox.com/editorial45.html
Week 5: Colossus TeamBall http://www.talkxbox.com/editorial49.html

We've used some of these & others are new...taking this from HBO, but everyone loves some strategy...take a look at them to improve your vocabulary & gaming.

[quote name='shrike4242']Oh, and Ledhed, you know there's drugs for that getting off early problem, don't you know? Might want to look into that. :twisted: :rofl:[/quote]

Heh, I read that this morning, and I just now got it. :lol:

Also, I'd like to thank sj41 for taking Stealthy's retired position of "the guy who really likes to kill Ledhed." :wink: I'm just glad you don't hump my lifeless corpse after the kill like Jake did. :lol:

[quote name='Crymson']Gamertag: Crymson Echo[/quote]

See, that wasn't very difficult, was it? Weren't you bitching about how making an account and making one post would be too much work? :lol: Good to have you in the clan dude.

Also, next time we have clan practice, we need to play Elimination. Everyone gets one life, first one that wins three rounds wins. It is fun as hell.

[quote name='Arikado']Also, next time we have clan practice, we need to play Elimination. Everyone gets one life, first one that wins three rounds wins. It is fun as hell.[/quote]

Agree'd. Elimination really improves awareness and concentration. You put alot more thought into where you will go or what you will do when you only have one life. That is one of my biggest problems; I often get into fights that I know I probably won't win, only because I know that I will respawn regardless and have another chance at it. Elimination doesn't afford that oppurtunity.

I'll be on later tonite around 7 PM Central if anyone wants to arrange a game or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back