OFFICIAL HALO 2 CAG CLAN THREAD #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='rywateska']Oh...and this sounds like a fun gametype:
Humans vs. Zombies

Create a custom gametype that has no shields, no friendly fire, swords and shotguns to start, and only pistols on the map. (no nades either and we take radar off, way scarier)

Get a group of 10 - 16 people to make it fun and put everyone on the red team except for one player, and put him on the green team. Now, the reds are humans, the greens are zombies.

The game starts and the reds can only use magnum and shotguns while the green guy (zombies) can only use sword.

Once a red is killed by a green guy he must hit start and switch to the green team. Now there are two zombies running around!

You can one-shot the zombies with the magnum, so its pretty easy to kill them off, but trust me, you get enough of them to swarm, and it gets nasty quick.

The last human on the board is declared the winner.

Good levels:
---Foundation (try stacking the boxes in front of the door in room #4. So scary.)
---Zanzibar - My personal favorite. Lots of high places to hide, but dont stand too close to the sides or you will get someone swording up to you
---Burial Mounds - Hiding on the ribs is a lot of fun

Taken from mlgpro.com, I'm sure they love to share.[/quote]

Sounds like fun. We should try it out sometime.

Good games tonite guys. So many people showed up that we couldn't fit everyone into one game. If you were left out of the loop, I apologize. Next time that happens, we'll try to get two seperate rooms running.

I agree with LedHed, was some good stuff going on.

Good weapon practice with the sniper rifle, Brute Shot and the battle rifle/Covenant carbine.

What's on the plate for practice on Thursday?

[quote name='shrike4242']I agree with LedHed, was some good stuff going on.

Good weapon practice with the sniper rifle, Brute Shot and the battle rifle/Covenant carbine.

What's on the plate for practice on Thursday?[/quote]

Im in the mood for some tacos, whos buying? :lol:

Anyways, tonight was pretty good, but nothing like yesterday.

[quote name='Ledhed']Good games tonite guys. So many people showed up that we couldn't fit everyone into one game. If you were left out of the loop, I apologize. Next time that happens, we'll try to get two seperate rooms running.[/quote]You guys should have been around when rock got on. That's when our team started to DOMINATE in team skirmish. Along with some singing of "God Bless America" and some other songs from me. :) You had to be there.

[quote name='murcielago77']Anyone gonna be on tommorow? If so what time?[/quote]

I'll be on late afternoon for my match against Pylis. Once I'm finished with that, I'll probably get on.

Also, anyone else having trouble getting to Bungie.net? I want to check my stats, but the page won't even load.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='murcielago77']Anyone gonna be on tommorow? If so what time?[/quote]

I'll be on late afternoon for my match against Pylis. Once I'm finished with that, I'll probably get on.

Also, anyone else having trouble getting to Bungie.net? I want to check my stats, but the page won't even load.[/quote]

Works fine for me

I might not bo on tomorrow. I'll probally take a break from it tomorrow since I've played it alot for the past few days. :)

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='Ledhed']Good games tonite guys. So many people showed up that we couldn't fit everyone into one game. If you were left out of the loop, I apologize. Next time that happens, we'll try to get two seperate rooms running.[/quote]You guys should have been around when rock got on. That's when our team started to DOMINATE in team skirmish. Along with some singing of "God Bless America" and some other songs from me. :) You had to be there.[/quote]

team slayer (were you looking for the flag or something?) :lol: actually, but yes, me, sticky, soul vengeance and greendj rocked the house for 6 matches or so.

and as for the singing, well, let's just say if i was the other team i would have reported you to bungie, and then to the police for noise pollution. :D

Well I was on early on into the night and couldn't really find anyone but Harmakhet and a couple of his buddies, then I ended up watching Shaun of the Dead till midnight and then passing out. Man is that a funny flick.

Question about practice. Did anyone else have hellacious lag? I was on for about thirty minutes and the whole time all the communication was choppy and my targets were disappearing and reappearing. Is there anything that can be done to delag my games? Most of my games are usually lag free. The only thing I could attribute it to was the fact that I was dl’ing Anarchy Online using BitTorrent. The dl/ul was minimal, but it is the only explanation I have. After 3 days, the dl is complete, so it won’t be a problem anymore. Anyways, once I figured out that practice was for using the odd weapons like the brute shot and carbine, it was fun (minus the lag). I’ll try again Thursday same time.

Good games yesterday. Concerning practice, what are the 4 most common weapons found on the maps? I would think it would be the SMG, battle rifle, pistol and the plasma pistol. So maybe a little practice at dual wielding with the smg/pistol/plasma pistol? I know that I can't snipe worth shit.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='murcielago77']Anyone gonna be on tommorow? If so what time?[/quote]

Also, anyone else having trouble getting to Bungie.net? I want to check my stats, but the page won't even load.[/quote]

It's giving me fits too. Tried going through Bungie's main page then finding the clan page but no go either...

[quote name='shrike4242']I agree with LedHed, was some good stuff going on.

Up until last night I haven't been able to practice with the clan, so it was my first time playing with you guys (had a great time too). I was wondering though, instead of playing matches with all brute shot and all sniper rifles, shouldn't we focus more on playing the games we would encounter in a team skirmish or big team battle playlist since those are what the minor and major clan matches use? I joined the brute shot match at the last second before it started, so I wasn't really sure what we were trying to accomplish.

Also, my mother-in-law will be coming in Thursday night, so I probably won't be able to make practice. :evil: I'll be back next week though.

[quote name='redline'][quote name='shrike4242']I agree with LedHed, was some good stuff going on.

Up until last night I haven't been able to practice with the clan, so it was my first time playing with you guys (had a great time too). I was wondering though, instead of playing matches with all brute shot and all sniper rifles, shouldn't we focus more on playing the games we would encounter in a team skirmish or big team battle playlist since those are what the minor and major clan matches use? I joined the brute shot match at the last second before it started, so I wasn't really sure what we were trying to accomplish.

Also, my mother-in-law will be coming in Thursday night, so I probably won't be able to make practice. :evil: I'll be back next week though.[/quote]

From what I was hearing, the reason we were doing weapon practice with the specific weapon was to give a game-length version of work with it. When you're able to practice for an entire game with just one weapon, you learn the nuances of it, how quickly it reloads, range, damage effect, and the like. I know the Brute Shot isn't a weapon you run into much, and it was helpful for me to get some practice in with it.

I know the sniper practice for me was very helpful, since it takes a while for me to learn how to run and snipe at the same time, and try to stop the tendency to just sit there and fire off shot after shot and make myself a target.

Last Thursday, we did some map recon, learning some of the spots on where items are, like the rocket launcher on Coag, spots to hide out and snipe from, as well as some of the oddball things in the game. Such as stealing the flag through the floor on Coag, flag passing techniques, and the like.

All of the practices have been very helpful for me, and I know it's helped me learn the strengths of the clan-mates, such as UGamerX, Arikado and LedHed being bad-ass sniping machines, zewone being a sneaky bastard on sneaking in and grabbing the flag on Zanzibar, and so on.

Sorry to hear about the mother in law. :lol: We all feel your pain. :D

[quote name='sying']Good games yesterday. Concerning practice, what are the 4 most common weapons found on the maps? I would think it would be the SMG, battle rifle, pistol and the plasma pistol. So maybe a little practice at dual wielding with the smg/pistol/plasma pistol? I know that I can't snipe worth shit.[/quote]

I've been playing around with that on my own and found that plasma pistol/SMG have been quite an effective combo. As others have told me, of course.

Doing some combo weapon practice might not be a bad idea either.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='sying']Good games yesterday. Concerning practice, what are the 4 most common weapons found on the maps? I would think it would be the SMG, battle rifle, pistol and the plasma pistol. So maybe a little practice at dual wielding with the smg/pistol/plasma pistol? I know that I can't snipe worth shit.[/quote]

I've been playing around with that on my own and found that plasma pistol/SMG have been quite an effective combo. As others have told me, of course.

Doing some combo weapon practice might not be a bad idea either.[/quote]

The Plasma Pistol / SMG combo is by far my favorite in the game. A devistating 1-2 punch. The only problem with it is that you will most likely die if the odds are not in your favor (two versus one for example). To have a fighting chance, you have to get used to charging the Pistol imediately after taking a shot.

The Magnum coupled with the SMG also works well, as the SMG "kick" will drift your shots progressively higher, and you will sometimes score a "lucky" headshot with the Magnum.

Another good combo (although it is not a dual wield) is a Plasma Pistol coupled with a Battle Rifle. Drop their shield with a charged plasma shot, then spray and pray with the battle rifle. With a 3 shot burst and a large clip this "combo" works well for "lucky" head shots. However, you have to plan for the amount of time it takes to switch weapons.

I have found relatively efficient is the plasma pistol and the magnum as successful combo or magnum and smg. Really if the magnum held just 8-10 more bullets it would be the best gun in the game. But when it comes down to flag grabbing I gotta go with the shotgun always good to clear out a group.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='Ledhed']Good games tonite guys. So many people showed up that we couldn't fit everyone into one game. If you were left out of the loop, I apologize. Next time that happens, we'll try to get two seperate rooms running.[/quote]You guys should have been around when rock got on. That's when our team started to DOMINATE in team skirmish. Along with some singing of "God Bless America" and some other songs from me. :) You had to be there.[/quote]

team slayer (were you looking for the flag or something?) :lol: actually, but yes, me, sticky, soul vengeance and greendj rocked the house for 6 matches or so.

and as for the singing, well, let's just say if i was the other team i would have reported you to bungie, and then to the police for noise pollution. :D[/quote]:rofl: I'm hoping nobody did report me! Some guys did seem very pissed off about my fantastic voice. It must be penis envy.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='Ledhed']Good games tonite guys. So many people showed up that we couldn't fit everyone into one game. If you were left out of the loop, I apologize. Next time that happens, we'll try to get two seperate rooms running.[/quote]You guys should have been around when rock got on. That's when our team started to DOMINATE in team skirmish. Along with some singing of "God Bless America" and some other songs from me. :) You had to be there.[/quote]

and as for the singing, well, let's just say if i was the other team i would have reported you to bungie, and then to the police for noise pollution. :D[/quote]:rofl: I'm hoping nobody did report me! Some guys did seem very pissed off about my fantastic voice. It must be penis envy.[/quote]

Even if they didn't report you, I'm sure they really enjoyed it when they killed you. :twisted:

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='Ledhed']Good games tonite guys. So many people showed up that we couldn't fit everyone into one game. If you were left out of the loop, I apologize. Next time that happens, we'll try to get two seperate rooms running.[/quote]You guys should have been around when rock got on. That's when our team started to DOMINATE in team skirmish. Along with some singing of "God Bless America" and some other songs from me. :) You had to be there.[/quote]

and as for the singing, well, let's just say if i was the other team i would have reported you to bungie, and then to the police for noise pollution. :D[/quote]:rofl: I'm hoping nobody did report me! Some guys did seem very pissed off about my fantastic voice. It must be penis envy.[/quote]

If you're thinking that envying your voice has something to do with penis envy, I'm starting to think you're doing more things with your throat than singing. :shock: Makes me wonder if we should give you the "golden throat" award? :rofl:

I'll have to make sure I get the full effect next time you're on, since I didn't hear any singing last night. For which my ears may have been quietly thankful.

[quote name='ZeroSupporT']I have found relatively efficient is the plasma pistol and the magnum as successful combo or magnum and smg. Really if the magnum held just 8-10 more bullets it would be the best gun in the game. But when it comes down to flag grabbing I gotta go with the shotgun always good to clear out a group.[/quote]

Definetly a good combo if you are going after one guy not so good for multiple enemies

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='ZeroSupporT']I have found relatively efficient is the plasma pistol and the magnum as successful combo or magnum and smg. Really if the magnum held just 8-10 more bullets it would be the best gun in the game. But when it comes down to flag grabbing I gotta go with the shotgun always good to clear out a group.[/quote]

Definetly a good combo if you are going after one guy not so good for multiple enemies[/quote]

Actually, I think that this combo would be an excellent practice session.

I practiced this with a couple of friends online when we first started playing Halo2, and it really helped with my aim. One of the guys still swears by the combo, saying that with practice anyone can deliver a two shot kill (plasma to take down the shield - Magnum shot to the head for the instant kill). I wish I could do it consistantly, but my aim isnt very good.

Finally, One of the reasons that I like the pistol weapons is that no one ever picks them up, so, on most maps, its easy to get these weapons.

[quote name='murcielago77']hmm, it worked earlier, doesnt work now. Anyways should it be Official Skull Killer (CAG) or Official Skull Basher (CAG)?[/quote]

I'd vote for Killer, but Basher works just as well.

[quote name='sying']Is it just me or has bungie.net been down all day?[/quote]

I haven't been able to get to the main page for about 12 hours now.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='sying']Is it just me or has bungie.net been down all day?[/quote]

I haven't been able to get to the main page for about 12 hours now.[/quote]

It's your mad skills, LedHed, you have everyone at Bungie afraid of you. :D

That's odd, I can link to the stats pages, but I can't get to the main page or the stats page with their URLs. Whatev.

[quote name='shrike4242']All of the practices have been very helpful for me, and I know it's helped me learn the strengths of the clan-mates, such as UGamerX, Arikado and LedHed being bad-ass sniping machines.[/quote]

I honestly don't know what the fuck was happening during this game. Whatever guardian angel that normally guides Arikado's bullets into my face must've been on break or something, because there's no way that he just allowed me to do this. :lol:

And yes redline, the point of last night was to gain proficiency in specific weapons by simply forcing you to use and adapt to them. Most other practices have consisted of exactly what you said they should: objective games that are seen during match-making.

[quote name='Ledhed']I honestly don't know what the shaq-fu was happening during this game. Whatever guardian angel that normally guides Arikado's bullets into my face must've been on break or something, because there's no way that he just allowed me to do this. :lol: [/quote]

Must've been my buzzing around being a general irritant to the blue team. :lol: Kept him killing me (which he did quite often) and not you, Ledhed.

the debut of the skull killer shroom!

asa4ee.gif

I think that battle riflemen should be paired with good dual wielders, cause you are shaq fued if you get into a firefight with a person close range. Either that or carry a sword/rocket launcher/shotty

There seems to be an absence of CAGs today. It was only me and Caleien, Zewone, Shrike, Jugsta, JimmieMac, and Sticky Waffles. There were like 2 other people but i didnt play with them. I didnt play much with Jimmie because his connection kept crapping out, Zewone left to play his NHL thing and never returned, Caleien left for some reason, and i just got off about 15 minutes ago after playing with shrike, sticky, and jugsta

[quote name='murcielago77']There seems to be an absence of CAGs today. It was only me and Caleien, Zewone, Shrike, Jugsta, JimmieMac, and Sticky Waffles. There were like 2 other people but i didnt play with them. I didnt play much with Jimmie because his connection kept crapping out, Zewone left to play his NHL thing and never returned, Caleien left for some reason, and i just got off about 15 minutes ago after playing with shrike, sticky, and jugsta[/quote]

I've been playing day-in day-out for a while now, so I may take a short break soon. I'll be at pratice for sure, but I'll be late getting there tomorrow since I'm working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back