OFFICIAL HALO 2 TOPIC

[quote name='MadChedar0']Have you guys ever had problems joining/having people accept party invites? For the past two days I haven't been able to, since "Xbox live is having network problems. Sorry about that."

Has anyone had that message before? And if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Try updating the firmware on your router. I'm pretty sure that has fixed it for people.

[quote name='Trakan']Try updating the firmware on your router. I'm pretty sure that has fixed it for people.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'll give it a shot. I appreciate the help.

[quote name='shrike4242']The Wraith on top of the base isn't a hack, nor is it an exploit. I think it's lots of boost thruster use to get all the way up there. I know I've done it with the Ghost and I know I've seen it done in our games with the Wraith. The Wraith on top of the mountain on Coag is legit and not a cheat or a hack.[/QUOTE]

I know it was cool to see it up there - I'll have to try that one myself.

As for the router problems in other post - I have had that same message before and a few of my friends are unable to hear one another at times. (Sometimes they can hear each other in the lobby, but not in the game itself)

The upgraded firmware seemed to help (as suggester earlier), but one of my friends had to replace a Linksys router to get it to work right.

Let us know if you get it working...

[quote name='Trakan']Try updating the firmware on your router. I'm pretty sure that has fixed it for people.[/QUOTE]

Damn, it didn't do the trick. It's still giving the same "error" as before... any more ideas?

[quote name='MadChedar0']Damn, it didn't do the trick. It's still giving the same "error" as before... any more ideas?[/QUOTE]

Well, not really. Getting a different router could help, but I'm not positive. You could always try logging out and have the person who you're having troubles joining the room with sign out. If there's another person, have them make a new room and invite you both. That used to work for me when I had this problem.

[quote name='Trakan']Well, not really. Getting a different router could help, but I'm not positive. You could always try logging out and have the person who you're having troubles joining the room with sign out. If there's another person, have them make a new room and invite you both. That used to work for me when I had this problem.[/QUOTE]

Yeah at this point it's just me and him trying to invite each other/ start parties/ etc. He's been able to function normally before, so I think I might be the culprit. It's frustrating, getting Live for online play with your buddies, and then not have it working.

If any cag wants to invite me to try it out I'd appreciate it. My tag is MadChedar0, same as on this site. Just PM me or post it here and then we'll go on Live. I'll probably be up another 20 mins... if not I'll try to solve it tomorrow.

Thanks Trakan for the guidance thus far though, I appreciate it.

[quote name='MadChedar0']Yeah at this point it's just me and him trying to invite each other/ start parties/ etc. He's been able to function normally before, so I think I might be the culprit. It's frustrating, getting Live for online play with your buddies, and then not have it working.

If any cag wants to invite me to try it out I'd appreciate it. My tag is MadChedar0, same as on this site. Just PM me or post it here and then we'll go on Live. I'll probably be up another 20 mins... if not I'll try to solve it tomorrow.

Thanks Trakan for the guidance thus far though, I appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
I have the same random problem with a couple friends. I have yet to find the solution tho. In my case my friend and I both have the same cable provider and it seems no one else on my list uses them so it may be a cable company/ service ip address problem.

The problem, if I remember correctly from what Bungie themselves have stated, has to do with NAT settings, which are directly involved in their matchmaking system, and therefore pretty much unavoidable.

Trakan and I often have this problem when trying to join oneanother's games. Like he said, if you've pegged who is having trouble joining the room, have them sign out and try again. If you can't figure out who it is, have everyone do it. Sometimes I can't even after signing out, and have to power-cycle my Xbox. It's a total pain in the ass, but it's the only reliable way to fix the problem unfortunately.

Hey, waddyaknow, I found the Bungie.net article detailing the problem.

[quote name='Bungie']Dozens of you asked,

Sometimes when I try to accept a party invite, I get a blue screen with an error message saying something about, 'Sorry, we're having network troubles." What are these troubles, exactly?

One of the reasons players will sometimes encounter the infamous "We're experiencing network problems" message when trying to accept a party invitation is NAT type incompatibility. This unfortunately is one of the ways we ensure good, solid connections and is unavoidable. Below is a somewhat dry explanation of what a NAT type is, but before you lull yourself to sleep � here's a possible solution � it works for us quite often.
If an invitation fails, you can try to get a NAT compatible host or player to start a brand new party then have everyone join him instead. When everyone rejoins this new party they simply have to keep their fingers crossed that a new host can invite the failed invitee successfully. It's annoying, but it's usually for someone who's worth the extra effort.

How do you know who this host will be? In many cases, simply having an excellent connection � a T3 line for example, will often ensure hosting duties and compatibility, but there's no surefire way to know. One other solution, which is less drastic, is to start a custom game and then immediately quit and start again � Halo 2 will always try to find a best-case host, and that may fix the invitation failure by auto selecting a new, better host.

Again, we wish there was a way around this, but it happens at the router level and it happens on other systems and games. The reason we don't identify the host is obvious to anyone who's suffered through other forms of router and modem-related cheating.

NAT is an acronym for "Network Address Translation" and is also known as Network masquerading or IP-masquerading. This is a technique in which the IP addresses of network packets are rewritten as the packets pass through a router or firewall. This technique is used to enable multiple hosts on a network to access the internet using only one IP address. Now, even though routers aren't really supposed to do this, sometimes they do anyway, since it's a very convenient little trick. The problem is that this incompatibility in NAT types causes communication problems between hosts, and that's where the "Network Problems" message is encountered.

We should note that other factors can contribute to this problem, but NAT type is the main culprit[/QUOTE]

Ah it finally worked, I installed the wrong firmware version.
It wasn't compatible with xbox live: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/conn...uterlanding.htm

Thanks Trakan, you were right. As for Unsane, I guess try the firmware upgrade.

Thanks Led for the posting. I did some reading @ XboxAddictAsylum (some random site google came up with) to research this little bastard of a problem too, just incase anyone is having troubles.

:grouphug:

[quote name='Kastides']So the hackers are invading all the new maps.... Is there a solution to this problem?[/QUOTE]
From the new Weekly Whats Update:

When will this new auto update be available? Will there be any noticeable changes to the game?

The auto update is currently undergoing a test pass and if all goes well, we anticipate it will be released on Xbox Live around the second week of July. This does mean that the new maps will be released beforehand, potentially resulting in a small spike in hacker encounters, but it will quickly level out when the update is implemented.

The AU is a "behind-the-scenes" change only and will not impact the actual gameplay or experience itself. Once it is released, players will be forced to download it in order to play any game of Halo 2 on Xbox Live.

Good news for all us non-cheaters. Hopefully, I can then go back to enjoy this game I love so much.

Hey, if any1 needs a good team slayer partner to help you level up, send me a friend request at my 2nd account: Screenlooker4L and ill help you level up.

(my real account is f00l killa and its a level 29)

I was wondering if there was any way to tell how long I've played Halo 2. I'll probably get sick and shoot myself when I see it, but I think I need to see how much time I spent on it.

[quote name='doubledown']Are the new maps up for download yet? I haven't logged onto Halo2 in a while....when does the Map Disc hit stores also?[/QUOTE]

Both are set to be available tomorrow. The download is $12, and the disc is $20.

I am sure the answer is above but I'll post anyway...

When in the fuck did modders start cheating like they do now? I just tried playing a Big Team Battle and guys were teleporting and crap.

[quote name='YeahRight13']i heard people are already moddin on the new maps which is really gay[/QUOTE]

I hope Bungie and MS hit the cheaters HARD. I am tempted to start recording all my online matches with my VCR now.

They say they really got it in for them, lets hope so. And yeah, Led, z, myself and crmyson played a hacked game on Relic yesterday. It sucked.

had my first run-in with cheaters....both have been on my team somehow though.....i have to say the games sucked, because the guy would just super-jump across contaimenation and have the flag back in seconds. then on warlok some guy had one-shot kills BR and was running really fast.

i agree something should be done, it's taking all of the fun out of the new maps. i actually hope for the stock maps now when i get a game.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I'll probably end up playing more custom games with people I know. I don't really care about my rank or stats anymore.[/QUOTE]

Likewise. Well, I've never cared about stats. I just like playing with friends. I don't care about winning or losing. Looks like nothing but custom games for me. I don't have the newest maps, so I haven't been able to play with the CheapAssGamer clan.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Likewise. Well, I've never cared about stats. I just like playing with friends. I don't care about winning or losing. Looks like nothing but custom games for me. I don't have the newest maps, so I haven't been able to play with the CheapAssGamer clan.[/QUOTE]

I heard that once they put those new maps in matchmaking people started modding anyways

i'm glad I didn't download them

[quote name='scuba']I heard that once they put those new maps in matchmaking people started modding anyways

i'm glad I didn't download them[/QUOTE]

The new maps are only in Team Preview and Rumble Preview. Yeah, I got hacked on Team Preview the other day, but that's like 1 out of 30 games played. The guys hacking Preview games are retarded anyways because the ranks are going to disappear after a while. Just wait and see what Bungie has in store for them next week. Maybe that will get you to play Halo 2 again.

[quote name='Trakan']The new maps are only in Team Preview and Rumble Preview. Yeah, I got hacked on Team Preview the other day, but that's like 1 out of 30 games played. The guys hacking Preview games are retarded anyways because the ranks are going to disappear after a while. Just wait and see what Bungie has in store for them next week. Maybe that will get you to play Halo 2 again.[/QUOTE]

if they ever fix the problem I will think about it

I was reading the forums at bungie.net and someone had a nice quote in their sig

Halo 1: 65% skill, 30% strategy, 5% luck, Spawn Importance = %15
Halo 2: 25% skill, 30% strategy, 45% luck, Spawn Importance = %75

of course it doesn't = 100 but you get what it means

Got Xbox Live back again yesterday. If anyone wants to add me (I only have 1 person on my list now...) I'd be up for some custom games.
I'm fairly good, don't know if the ranks changed but I can hold my own against 15's and I have my "you got fucking owned" moments.

Anyways my GT is Shayde52 friend/clan invites would be cool :)

[quote name='scuba']if they ever fix the problem I will think about it

I was reading the forums at bungie.net and someone had a nice quote in their sig

Halo 1: 65% skill, 30% strategy, 5% luck, Spawn Importance = %15
Halo 2: 25% skill, 30% strategy, 45% luck, Spawn Importance = %75

of course it doesn't = 100 but you get what it means[/QUOTE]

I hate newbs who dont know how to use grenades.

[quote name='specialk']anyone here encountered cheaters lately? i'd have to say Bungie's patch actually worked...for me atleast.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I think it's worked fairly well.

I haven't encountered any leet stand-by'arz lately, either. That was pretty popular for a few minutes there after the update.

As for modding, haven't seen that in a good two or three weeks.

Yeah. Have been hacked a few times since the update. Hopefully they're being caught soon after. Also been stand-byed at least 3 times.

The best way to memorize the map is to play the game by yourself and just explore the place and where all the weopans are located/sniping points.

yeah every since january 3rd (disc got scratched from playing too much???) my rank of 43 bit the dust and i figured that (after playing the new maps with friends) it was worth it. I mean I played it from launch for about 5+ hours a day, I knew everything, and eventually I got bored. And I sorta wish they never invented headsets because there was more shit about people than shit about the game being talked on them. Yeah I also was a sword type of guy )I mastered it really well and had people report me for being too good :whistle2:D) and also people thought it would be gay that i would get a killtacular and we would now have the top of ivory tower and we dominate. I use to be in a clan with friends and they wouldn't take it serious (i would have maps with strategies and send them to them and they'd be like "what the hell is this, why dont we just SHOOT THEM HAHAHA").

So in short:
Halo was so addicting that I actually got bored of it because I played too much.

Personally I loved Halo 1 and 2 when it first came out, but then it started to slowly decline in the playability over time and I'm not ashamed to say it.

I'm actually thinking of renting this just to give online a play again. I never really got sucked into it like most of you guys did. I got hooked on Ghost Recon 2 and traded away my Halo 2. I imagine if I walked back online i'd get freakin slaughtered though after playing nothing but GR and BF demo (as far as online shooters) for the past 9 months........ I hear there are so many idiots online you might as well mute your mic from what people have told me in other games.

I mean it supplied short thrills for about 3 months and then things started to head downhill from there. It was worthy title online and offline, but...

[quote name='momadaboo']Wow this topic has over 460 and it hasn't even been around for that long.[/QUOTE]Sarcasm? It's been around since last November.

I rented the game last saturday and after playing it on and off this week i'm a level 10 on rumble pit, i suck at most every other type but i like rumble pit games!

[quote name='paintballers']The ranking system takes the fun out of the game. A lot of people are to obsessed with their rank to actually enjoy the game.[/QUOTE]

yeah thats how people like the game because of the ranking

i like it..

bread's done
Back