OFFICIAL HALO 2 TOPIC

[quote name='paintballers']The ranking system takes the fun out of the game. A lot of people are to obsessed with their rank to actually enjoy the game.[/QUOTE]

The only time it really bothers me is in team games where people "de-rank". I don't know who came up with that shit, but Bungie needs to automatically boot anyone once their score is -3.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The only time it really bothers me is in team games where people "de-rank". I don't know who came up with that shit, but Bungie needs to automatically boot anyone once their score is -3.[/QUOTE]

yeah once this guy was being really gay and just kept on killing himself

he ended up with like 45 suicides at the end of the game, really gay

[quote name='momadaboo']why is it so bad that people kill themselves...[/QUOTE]
It takes away from the team score. Say I had 12 kills, but my partner suicided 13 times. Our score would be -1. So you really have no chance of winning with players like that.
[quote name='cyrix`']Halo 2 was a small fun game that went huge and was exploited to the max.[/QUOTE]
You are slightly retarded, right?

to awaken this giant...

tonight i was playing some slayer and me and my guest were booted twice. both of the times neither of us were around anyone, and the screen just popped up saying we had been booted. the last time it was a ranked game and we were up by about 20 kills on the other team, and that screen pops up. this may have been an issue dealt with before, but what's with me getting randomly booted?

[quote name='paintballers']The ranking system takes the fun out of the game. A lot of people are to obsessed with their rank to actually enjoy the game.[/QUOTE]
i agree people think when they get to certain level,they think that bungie is going to send that super hot chick to reward them for playing halo.

[quote name='specialk']to awaken this giant...

tonight i was playing some slayer and me and my guest were booted twice. both of the times neither of us were around anyone, and the screen just popped up saying we had been booted. the last time it was a ranked game and we were up by about 20 kills on the other team, and that screen pops up. this may have been an issue dealt with before, but what's with me getting randomly booted?[/QUOTE]

You were probably being "bridged." It's the new stand-by (the concept of cheating having a fashion-like sense of been-there-done-that makes me want to put a gun to my head), and basically whomever is "bridging" can select who they'd like removed from the game. It has to do with tracking the IP you're associated with, and banning it from that instanced game.

Don't ask me any of the technical details, because I don't know any. It really sucks, but that's been the case with matchmaking ever since stand-by was originally exploited. You just gotta trudge through it and pray you don't catch it again (which, unfortunately, is almost impossible in level 30+ play).

thanks led.

yeah cheating sucks, but i don't get it that much. however, i mainly only play training or the other 2 unranked games or customs. i only play ranked when the g/f is over (she likes ranked games).

and i trudge on. for some reason it still seems worth it 51 weeks later.

I just started to play again ( took a 5 month break). I got all the free maps and started to rekindle my love for Halo 2. Although i am clearly not as good as i use to be, its still has my interest with new matching making game types.. Does Anyone else still play? If so, Please leave your gamertag in this thread if you want to start playing again.

I just went back and played the first level of Halo:CE last night. Good memories! I liked it so much that I may just go back and play the entire single player over again, we'll see...

[quote name='Kastides']I just started to play again ( took a 5 month break). I got all the free maps and started to rekindle my love for Halo 2. Although i am clearly not as good as i use to be, its still has my interest with new matching making game types.. Does Anyone else still play? If so, Please leave your gamertag in this thread if you want to start playing again.[/QUOTE]

just moved back to an area with broadband. i'm about to get my account hooked back up. used to be in the clan about a year ago. i'll post my gt when i get it all set up. who here still plays that played with the clan a year ago? what's the status of the clan forum and all that shit?

[quote name='gaelan']just moved back to an area with broadband. i'm about to get my account hooked back up. used to be in the clan about a year ago. i'll post my gt when i get it all set up. who here still plays that played with the clan a year ago? what's the status of the clan forum and all that shit?[/QUOTE]The forum became unactive a few weeks ago. There's no scheduled night to meet up and play anymore and you're lucky if there's a guy or two on a night for Halo. School made the clan stop for awhile.

[quote name='sj41']The forum became unactive a few weeks ago. There's no scheduled night to meet up and play anymore and you're lucky if there's a guy or two on a night for Halo. School made the clan stop for awhile.[/QUOTE]

If i get a 360 this sunday, i think im gonna fire up good ol halo, maybe to get a couple games with the former clan (both of them), i mainly wanna see halo in HD with a 360 controller in hand

[quote name='Murcielago77']If i get a 360 this sunday, i think im gonna fire up good ol halo, maybe to get a couple games with the former clan (both of them), i mainly wanna see halo in HD with a 360 controller in hand[/QUOTE]Now with winter break starting, it looks like the clan's going to be picking back up for a couple weeks. We played for 4 or 5 hours straight last night.

[quote name='cyrix`']You seriously need to get a new game if you've played Halo 2 for over a year, honestly.[/QUOTE]

No other game compares. The game on Live is that good. Nothing but Halo 3 will ever surpass it.

[quote name='Trakan']No other game compares. The game on Live is that good. Nothing but Halo 3 will ever surpass it.[/QUOTE]

trak, you play this game like no other, it is freakin insane i tell you. How you have not taken more than like a 2 week break from this game, i have no idea

I have come back to halo 2. Rebought an xbox and got a new GT which is jlar13 Although this time I am going to be a lot more casual

We're just now leaving Halo 2 and playing Ghost Recon 2 Summit Strike and Rainbow Six 3.

[quote name='radjago']Holy fucking nigger shuriken! Was that Shrike on Live? Too bad I don't have Summit Strike.[/QUOTE]Yeah, with witty lines in tact!

[quote name='sj41']We're just now leaving Halo 2 and playing Ghost Recon 2 Summit Strike and Rainbow Six 3.[/QUOTE]

speak for yourself...jlar13, you can add me...send me an invite (a crispy donut)

[quote name='swetooth9']speak for yourself...jlar13, you can add me...send me an invite (a crispy donut)[/QUOTE]Crispaay still plays all the time. We call you gay while we play Ghost Recon.

CAG eastx called meearlier when I was sleeping. He asked me to play Halo 2, and added, "I'm single now, but you still can't have me... yet." I amgreatly disturbed.

As for Halo, I have decided that I am one of the worst players ever. I'm not THE worst, but I've been playing on Live (not constantly) since January 2005, and I still suck. I'm a level 11. I still love the game, though.

I finished Halo 1'scampaign in 3 days in Nocvember 2004, but never finished Halo 2 after getting stuck onGravemind. I restarted Halo 2, and after 4-5 hours, I'm 3 levels away from Gravemind (can't remember the level name). I forgot how much funthis game was on 1 player.

[quote name='Matt Young']CAG eastx called meearlier when I was sleeping. He asked me to play Halo 2, and added, "I'm single now, but you still can't have me... yet." I amgreatly disturbed.

As for Halo, I have decided that I am one of the worst players ever. I'm not THE worst, but I've been playing on Live (not constantly) since January 2005, and I still suck. I'm a level 11. I still love the game, though.

I finished Halo 1'scampaign in 3 days in Nocvember 2004, but never finished Halo 2 after getting stuck onGravemind. I restarted Halo 2, and after 4-5 hours, I'm 3 levels away from Gravemind (can't remember the level name). I forgot how much funthis game was on 1 player.[/QUOTE]
I'm going back through and playing one game on normal with grenades and melees only and another on legendary. I need to find someone to play it through on co-op too.

Any of you guys still on live with this? I've come back to it and find that admist all of the cheaters and little kids on live that i still love it.

It's usually more fun to play customs than matchmaking. Matchmaking gets to the point where there is too much cheating, or it gets way too serious. I mean sure, we play MLG scrims and such, but there's not much "heat" when you lose compared to how some people react when losing in matchmaking.

yeah, i've found myself playing XBC more if i want to play customs...much more laid back. hit me up, i'm always up for some customs, MLG, etc. specially laid back ones.

[quote name='help1']well, you see casey people started teh stupid topics for fun, nwo no one will post here! lol...[/QUOTE]6345345353535334534534533434534535453:applause: 3:lol: :drool: :cold: :bomb: :hot: :bouncy: :whistle2:# :booty: :cool: :lol: :cry: ;) :D :booty: :cry:

Wow, no one has posted on the Halo 2 thread in a month???

I was just going to say I played my first 4 online games since the 360 came out tonight and man did I suck.

We're not talking kind of sucked. Like NOOB sucked. I couldn't remember which was the grenade button, I barely remembered the melee attack. I wanted to pull the trigger to scope instead of clicking the stick (Way too much PDZ.).

Last but not least I was getting my ass handed to me by level 3's on 6v6. I used to be a level 31 on this game now I can't hit the broadside of a barn and was spraying SMG's everywhere.

My skills.....

are

all

gone.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Wow, no one has posted on the Halo 2 thread in a month???

I was just going to say I played my first 4 online games since the 360 came out tonight and man did I suck.

We're not talking kind of sucked. Like NOOB sucked. I couldn't remember which was the grenade button, I barely remembered the melee attack. I wanted to pull the trigger to scope instead of clicking the stick (Way too much PDZ.).

Last but not least I was getting my ass handed to me by level 3's on 6v6. I used to be a level 31 on this game now I can't hit the broadside of a barn and was spraying SMG's everywhere.

My skills.....

are

all

gone.[/quote]Chances are, those level 3's were really level 25-35 at the least. I haven't plyed much Halo any more. The 360 has FPS's that are plenty good.

[quote name='paintballers']Do you lose any rank if you quit before the match starts?[/QUOTE]

When you go into ranked matchmaking, there are 4 steps before you are actually playing. You won't be able to see the gametype or your opponents until step 4, and you can't leave the matchmaking process after step 3. Once you're past step 3, you're locked in and won't be able to quit until the game has started, and yes that will negatively impact your rank.
You can quit matchmaking during steps 1 and 2, and won't see a negative effect on your rank. Keep in mind you won't even know what the gametype is until step 4, though.

hey, i wanna get on halo 2 on xbl but my code in the game was INVALID!! so would any one lpease spare me one pm me it or im me =aim @ wag3x thanks for an help ill give u my gamer tag too and we can hang out

eD2K links:

FBA-XXX: ed2k://|file|[XBOX]%20fbaxxx_20_08_06%20Final%20Burn%20Alpha%20XXX%20Neo%20Geo%20emulator%20+%20ROMs%20+%20skins%20by%20simian%20raticus.rar|1526155338|98334AA0EDA3CA168DB0BEFFCB251E6A|h=OYP2M64BA5CBSN5M3IBPKO2LTM7GBEIE|/

Kawa-X: ed2k://|file|XBOX%20Kawa-X%20Neo%20Geo%20&%20Cps%20emulator%20simian%20raticus.rar|543069720|757AD7522E902A67375FC1333F81CFC4|h=RFX5T5GWDP7AQZBCF5ZAPIDYNDGFVQXU|/

Amiga 500: ed2k://|file|XBOX%20Amiga%20500%20emulator%20WinUAEX%20v15%20with%20ROMs%20by%20simian%20raticus.rar|63477330|B085C7BB96D70B8B38818803A6E442CA|h=SRZVUI5KJVIUWOCX3LSATCZYRAQ2VZDT|/

Now that this thread has come back from the dead... does anyone know if rywska has posted his second montage. His first one was down right awesome, oft times at the expense of jake... poor jake

I can't believe I've never posted here... but I can see I'm in the same boat as some of you. I def not as good as I was way back when...

its 2004 all over again

co-op online, does it save your progress or do you first have to complete the levels offline?

just to make sure, can you take a guest online? I want to play against my 2 brothers back home.

[quote name='DT778']its 2004 all over again

co-op online, does it save your progress or do you first have to complete the levels offline?

just to make sure, can you take a guest online? I want to play against my 2 brothers back home.[/quote]
There's no online co-op. Only offline.

You can take up to 3 guests with you into Team/Rumble Training and the other unranked playlists.

Microsoft to Xbox Halo 2 players: fuck You!

I wonder if they're going to split the playlists for Xbox/360 users or just cut off Xbox users outright.

bread's done
Back