OFFICIAL HALO 2 TOPIC

[quote name='dsullo']My brother has a demo disc with what appears to be some custom games for Halo 2 (online). He saved them on his XBOX harddrive but we are not sure how to use them when we are online together.

Does anyone know how to use them and is there a website or a way to find other custom games?

Thanks

Dustin[/quote]

I have this bookmarked: http://ganai.com/archives/2005/02/20/halo-2-custom-game-types/

I'm not sure what you are asking about concerning the discs - did he save them to his harddrive? If so, as long as he hosts the game and loads up his variant, you guys would be able to play.

Whoever has the variant gametype on their Xbox needs to host the game. HTH

had this happened to any of you?
i was playing team training and after the other team got down a few they started quitting, and then finally the last person quit out and the game's over. i'm looking at the people who were on my team's ranking and one person is like a 45 on team skirmish, and the other person doesn't even have a number just some sort of silver symbol.

I thought this was odd so checked their stats and the the guy who had the silver icon, was ranked like a level 50, and in his stats he had some ungodly record, like 275-0. yeah this guy was undefeated.

i'm relatively new to the live scene, and thought this was odd. or are these people just that good?

It's called "boosting" and is done by quitting out of all losing games to not drop rank. Doing this 200+ times results in ungodly stats that are undeserved. It is a form of cheating.

If 50% of any team quits anyone and everyone the losing team does not lose any ranking at all. The winning team still gains points as in a normal match.

Man, it sucks that once you get to level 20 and so on, you have NO choice but to get host or else they standby you. Luckily, we've been getting host and let me tell you, some of these people suck even though they are from level 22 to 25. If they don't get host and can't standby, they drop back to their skills of level 10.

[quote name='Daywalker']Man, it sucks that once you get to level 20 and so on, you have NO choice but to get host or else they standby you. Luckily, we've been getting host and let me tell you, some of these people suck even though they are from level 22 to 25. If they don't get host and can't standby, they drop back to their skills of level 10.[/QUOTE]

I am not ashamed to say that I have no idea what you just said.

[quote name='Daywalker']Man, it sucks that once you get to level 20 and so on, you have NO choice but to get host or else they standby you. Luckily, we've been getting host and let me tell you, some of these people suck even though they are from level 22 to 25. If they don't get host and can't standby, they drop back to their skills of level 10.[/QUOTE]

Man that sucks, i think its sick that your a true blue 20 something level, cant wait till they fix standby, you will rise up the levels my friend, and i will be their to capitolize off your sucess, i think thats how he said it :)

NNOOOO!!!!!! My precious level 16 will soon be gone due to the reset leaderboards. But its worth it to get rid of those standbying shaq-fu level 50s.

Maps dated!

From bungie.net!
-------------------
The first batch of new, downloadable Halo 2 multiplayer maps will be available on Monday April 25th for download on Xbox Live. Woot! The maps passed through Microsoft's certification process successfully today, which was all we were waiting for! We said we'd tell you as soon as we could, and we found out about an hour ago that they'd passed with flying colors.

The Bonus Pack - comprised of Containment and Warlock, is free. Log into Xbox Live, go to the download content menu item and get 'em. The Killtacular Pack, comprised of Turf and Sanctuary, is $5.99 US (local prices will vary by country) but for the patient, it too will be available for free on June 28 th .

The maps will be available in custom games immediately, and in Matchmaking some time soon after. We'll bring you news on the Matchmaking playlists update shortly.

[quote name='specialk']and some of the leaders on the boards are already back up to 20ish status[/QUOTE]

Your supposed to be able to level up faster this time around - I saw some people who had only played a few Rumble Pit games (but won most) and were already a Level 5.

Question about the new matchmaking system in H2...

A friend and I were playing Double Team last night (and getting our collective ass handed to us game after game) when we were matched against a Level 1 and a Level 11. (Double Team ranks)

My friend and I are both Level 1s right now overall and in Double Team.

I thought the highest rank you would be put up against in matchmaking would be 5 or 6 above or below your current rank.

It was a 2 vs 2 CTF Classic on Warlock: (Not sure if the link will work)
http://bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=167300263&player=Maizrim

On a side note, both guys were asses about the win after the game - calling us homosexuals and telling us that we suck.

We had a good laugh about it though - my friend made the analogy that it was like going to a children's tee ball game and hitting a home run and then turning around and calling the other team a bunch of losers.

Feedback is your friend.

umm didn't steal your icon, buster.

anyways, does anyone know if the auto-update will be included in the map pack? i was wondering b/c i play on my xbox quite a bit (which has auto-update) and then play on other's who doesnt.....this messes me up with beatdowns, etc...nothing terribly bad, but was just wondering b/c i haven't seen this asked anywhere (doesn't mean it hasn't)

I was reading through the June issue of OXM last night, and read their reviews of the 9 new H2 multiplayer maps.

They say that Gemini is the "only real dud of the group", but added an interesting fact about Turf that I did not know about yet.

On the second level over the street, there is a metal ladder attached to the building. If you melee the ladder, it will fall across to the other side in a makeshift, but very narrow bridge.

Good for getting away from someone in Oddball and a quick route to the Brute Shot.

An FYI for those like me that didn't know about it before...

[quote name='Maizrim'] but added an interesting fact about Turf that I did not know about yet.

On the second level over the street, there is a metal ladder attached to the building. If you melee the ladder, it will fall across to the other side in a makeshift, but very narrow bridge.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but I find it a little funny because I noticed that 30 seconds after the maps were released. No offense. :D

[quote name='zewone']I'm sorry, but I find it a little funny because I noticed that 30 seconds after the maps were released. No offense. :D[/QUOTE]

Hey no biggie - we older folk tend to overlook the obvious. :)

I just noticed that are more than one of those as well.

Maybe now I can keep up in the Oddball/Juggernuat games.

[quote name='Maizrim']Hey no biggie - we older folk tend to overlook the obvious. :)

I just noticed that are more than one of those as well.

Maybe now I can keep up in the Oddball/Juggernuat games.[/QUOTE]
i did the same about a couple days after the release i saw a friend of mine knock it down and im like ooooooo lol that kool, also whats the deal with people who were like 3-9 are now 20+ i really couldnt care less what my rank is its just a # but seeing people have that high of rank is really confusing.

How do you get credit for beating halo 2 on legendary? I started my profile playing on normal and beat the game. It says highest level is the great journey on normal. After that I went to select level and picked the heretic and played all the way through on legendary and beat the game. I expected to see the Feb. 9 in the credits but didn't and when i checked my profile the highest level still says the great journey on normal. Can anyone help me out?

It doesn't give any sort of symbol for beating the game on any rank like it did in Halo 1. The Feb. 9th was also never there.

I'm getting so burnt out and tired of matchmaking (losing because the rest of my team quits, bad attitude players on both teams, cheating, etc). If anyone plays a lot of custom games, add me to your friends list, kplxthz~

Gamertag: Brax0r

[quote name='Trakan']It doesn't give any sort of symbol for beating the game on any rank like it did in Halo 1. The Feb. 9th was also never there.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks. Going back and playing halo:ce on legendary made me realize that Halo 2 is a lot easier on legendary

[quote name='Girion47']you could just join the CAG clan.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to have to learn about clans and how they work. I noticed that the CAGs on my Xbox Live friends list tend to play Halo 2 a lot. Maybe I'll have to join in the fun. :)

I don't think I see anything in the forums about this. If there is, I apologize. Are there any rules, etc. for this clan, or is it just CAGs hanging out and playing or what?

I'd be interested in learning more about, and possibly joining in on some Halo 2 gaming.

What's with this renewed fad of people committing betrayals in Team Slayer? I mean... entire teams -- giggling like school girls as they do it. Anyone else dealing with this crap?

The other night, I played Big Team Battle on Containment... my team eventually whittled down to two people, while the other team still had 8, all thanks to idiots and betrayals.

The other team had both of the tanks, and there was jackshit we could do, as we were getting "spawn raped". I did manage to sneak up on one of the tanks and steal it. I instantly went after the other tank and blew it up. :D

i think this could be part of the cause...i was told the other night that if you're down in a game, with like no chance of winning that you could betray each other and get booted. they said that because if you're booted from a game it doesn't hurt your rank or experience...it made sense of people betraying each other.

this might or might not be true, it's just what some dude told me.

Quick question for those in the know...

We have been playing a bunch of fun Big Team Battle games lately, until last night when we had a very strange game on Containment. (Assault)

Game stats here:
http://bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=187457223&player=Maizrim

Both times when the other team scored and planted their bomb, it was as if they were not there when it happened.

In the round where they scored the winning assault, I know that I was looking right at the plant spot, along with a guy with a rocket launcher and another guy waiting nearby in the Scorpion Tank.

The rocket launcher guy and I both saw grenades come out of nowhere and after we dodged them, we got the message, "Bomb planted, Bomb armed. Game Over."

When you look at the two guys who each planted the bomb for the other team, you will notice a bunch of "N/A*" in their other games played.

I tried to read through some of the crap in the Bungie threads, but it's mostly people arguing about MLG and such. The posts about cheaters at Bungie mention these "N/A*"s, but I could not find more info at Bungie or through Google Groups.

My question is, is standbying still possible or did something else happen altogether? Has this type of thing happened to any of my fellow CAGers?

Just curious and my clanmates were as baffled as I was last night.

Standby still does exist, but what happened to you I think was that you didn't know you don't have to be in the center to arm it, just to plant it. Theres a spot on the other side of the wall that will allow you to arm it out of harms way. Then throw some grenades and run for the center for a quick plant.

[quote name='Maizrim']Quick question for those in the know...

We have been playing a bunch of fun Big Team Battle games lately, until last night when we had a very strange game on Containment. (Assault)

Game stats here:
http://bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=187457223&player=Maizrim

Both times when the other team scored and planted their bomb, it was as if they were not there when it happened.

In the round where they scored the winning assault, I know that I was looking right at the plant spot, along with a guy with a rocket launcher and another guy waiting nearby in the Scorpion Tank.

The rocket launcher guy and I both saw grenades come out of nowhere and after we dodged them, we got the message, "Bomb planted, Bomb armed. Game Over."

When you look at the two guys who each planted the bomb for the other team, you will notice a bunch of "N/A*" in their other games played.

I tried to read through some of the crap in the Bungie threads, but it's mostly people arguing about MLG and such. The posts about cheaters at Bungie mention these "N/A*"s, but I could not find more info at Bungie or through Google Groups.

My question is, is standbying still possible or did something else happen altogether? Has this type of thing happened to any of my fellow CAGers?

Just curious and my clanmates were as baffled as I was last night.[/QUOTE]

N/A* means that 50% or more of the players quit the game before it was over.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the heads up to both of you guys.

It was strange enough to see the bomb get planted once that way, but my team didn't know what the hell was going on after it happened twice.

Again, thanks for the info. I'll inform my friends about how we were not cheated, but that we just suck. :)

Speaking again of possible cheaters/hacks - I just witnessed my first Containment hack in a Big Team Battle.

Some guy was flying the Warthog around like it was a freaking Tie Fighter in SW: Battlefront!

Anyone else seen this one? I have to admit, it was funny as hell.

Another amusing thing I have seen lately, was a game on Coagulation, where I saw a Wraith tank on the top/side of the mountain beside the base. I did a Doublemint doubletake on that one...

Have you guys ever had problems joining/having people accept party invites? For the past two days I haven't been able to, since "Xbox live is having network problems. Sorry about that."

Has anyone had that message before? And if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks

[quote name='Maizrim']Speaking again of possible cheaters/hacks - I just witnessed my first Containment hack in a Big Team Battle.

Some guy was flying the Warthog around like it was a freaking Tie Fighter in SW: Battlefront!

Anyone else seen this one? I have to admit, it was funny as hell.

Another amusing thing I have seen lately, was a game on Coagulation, where I saw a Wraith tank on the top/side of the mountain beside the base. I did a Doublemint doubletake on that one...[/QUOTE]

The Wraith on top of the base isn't a hack, nor is it an exploit. I think it's lots of boost thruster use to get all the way up there. I know I've done it with the Ghost and I know I've seen it done in our games with the Wraith. The Wraith on top of the mountain on Coag is legit and not a cheat or a hack.

[quote name='shrike4242']The Wraith on top of the base isn't a hack, nor is it an exploit. I think it's lots of boost thruster use to get all the way up there. I know I've done it with the Ghost and I know I've seen it done in our games with the Wraith. The Wraith on top of the mountain on Coag is legit and not a cheat or a hack.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its pretty much done in the same way as the ghost is. Just find the right angle and boost until you get up there. Very advantageous if your team has the rockets.

bread's done
Back