Official Haze Discussion Thread

[quote name='zewone']It'll come out eventually for the 360. This generation, you'll see very few 3rd party exclusives.[/quote] Proof?

[quote name='zewone']My proof is Lost Planet.

It's just something that's going to have to happen to recoup costs.[/quote]

???

Lost Planet never came out for the PS3.

360 and PC both revolve around Microsoft anyways. They own the console and the OS that Lost Planet runs on.

[quote name='zewone']http://kotaku.com/gaming/jaggies/lost-planet-ps3-burns-my-eyes-their-blood-soothes-313525.php[/quote]
Took two posts to get you to post a link finally.

I really see no purpose in them bringing this game to the PS3. It's a waste of time IMO. Most who wanted to play this game would've played it already, but if they can make it look better than the other two versions since it's TBA 2008, then it might have a chance of selling well....maybe.

Would've been much better to bring Lost Planet out on the PS3 earlier this year when the PS3 had few games. By the time it hits the PS3, it will have built up a pretty solid library.

[quote name='dpatel']Would've been much better to bring Lost Planet out on the PS3 earlier this year when the PS3 had few games. By the time it hits the PS3, it will have built up a pretty solid library.[/QUOTE]
Your definition of solid library may differ from most.

Well, let me rephrase and say 'more solid' than it would've been had LP launched anytime this year.

Anyone know if it will be early or late 08? All it says in that link is TBA08. I'm just wondering because MGS4, DMC4, and GTA4 are all due out early 08, I believe.

[quote name='dpatel']Well, let me rephrase and say 'more solid' than it would've been had LP launched anytime this year.

Anyone know if it will be early or late 08? All it says in that link is TBA08. I'm just wondering because MGS4, DMC4, and GTA4 are all due out early 08, I believe.[/quote]

I read something about it being early 08, as in first half of 08.

Here's a link. Not concrete, but something. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=174006

[quote name='zewone']It'll come out eventually for the 360. This generation, you'll see very few 3rd party exclusives.[/QUOTE]Free Radical
loves Sony. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it ended up exclusive, or Free Radical joins SCE one day. Them and SCE have been close since the first Timesplitters was in development.
[quote name='Inf^Shini']Took two posts to get you to post a link finally.

I really see no purpose in them bringing this game to the PS3. It's a waste of time IMO. Most who wanted to play this game would've played it already, but if they can make it look better than the other two versions since it's TBA 2008, then it might have a chance of selling well....maybe.[/QUOTE]I think it's coming to PS3 mostly for Europe and Japan. Multi-platform games do sell better on PS3 in Japan (even if later), so I'm expecting it will pick some sales up there. Europe will help since PS3 has done pretty well in some European countries like Spain, Italy, etc. I think in the U.S., it may pull an extra 100k-200k at max.

I think Capcom is trying to show, they aren't exclusive to anyone. I'll probably get LP on PS3, mostly for multi-player with my PSN friends.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Took two posts to get you to post a link finally.

I really see no purpose in them bringing this game to the PS3. It's a waste of time IMO. Most who wanted to play this game would've played it already, but if they can make it look better than the other two versions since it's TBA 2008, then it might have a chance of selling well....maybe.[/QUOTE]

as long as its not 60 dollars.... it'll sell a couple of copies.

[quote name='Thomas96']as long as its not 60 dollars.... it'll sell a couple of copies.[/quote]
Yup, the price point I was thinking of was $40 tops. No way does it warrant a $60 price tag even with all the added content IMO

Wow... can I get a refund on the 8min of my life lost? Actually you know what? I didn't want to see gameplay footage anyway, I'd much rather listen to an idiot talk. :roll:

[quote name='VipFREAK']That's from a long time ago but at least it's worth watching...[/quote]I see. Pulled it from the Haze website:

Wednesday 11.14.07 - General
Streets of Britain Video

In the new "Streets of Britain" video on GameTrailers, Rob Yescombe takes viewers on a tour of Nottingham and the Free Radical studios to find out how much people are looking forward to haze and show what kind of environment the developers work in.
In other news, Haze as been pushed back to Q1 2008.

Even though I was looking forward to this one .. after the issues with Assassin's Creed I am going to hold off and not pay full price for Haze unless the reviews are actually BRILLIANT. Sick of getting dicked over on PS3 games.

Not Free Radical im worried about .. its Ubisoft QA practice .. the issues with AC really dented the experience for me.

He's got a point there, Ubisoft's QA has been going down the crapper lately.

That said, Haze was developed on the PS3 as the lead platform so there shouldn't be any problems related to porting.

[quote name='TripleTags']Not Free Radical im worried about .. its Ubisoft QA practice .. the issues with AC really dented the experience for me.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Ubi really seems to be on the decline lately. They seem to be competing with EA to provide the crappiest products to their customers.

i was gonna buy this if it came out this month, but nowi have
mario galaxy, need for speed, orange box and UT3 to play. lol

[quote name='ejgarc']Did this game get delayed again? I checked amazon and they have March 18 as the release date and so did ebstop.[/quote]

Not sure the last date you saw, but "1st Quater '08" is last I heard.

Never go by Gamestop. They use place holder dates a lot. It'll be out before the end of March going by the last offical date release I saw.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Never go by Gamestop. They use place holder dates a lot. It'll be out before the end of March going by the last offical date release I saw.[/quote]

Ah alright, I should of known better then to trust Game stop. ;)

Usually I'm all about get it done right over get it done now but WTF!? How long have you guys been working on this!? Geez us fucking christ!? Oh hell... it's ok, it's not like I'm gonna be playing my PS3 anytime soon anyway.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Duke Nukem here we come!

I wonder what keeps making them push this back?

Btw, when is Killzone 2 supposed to come out?[/quote]

Well the way things have been with game releases Killzone should be out by the end of 2012.

[quote name='Blackout542']Well the way things have been with game releases Killzone should be out by the end of 2012.[/quote]
Nice to know, I'll still be alive to maybe play it :p

i think killzone 2 is like november-ish

so haze is ps3-exclusive now right?
they gotta get this out to shop so we can keep the ps3 relevant
we need more exclusives, home & little big planet cant come soon enough

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I wonder what keeps making them push this back?
[/quote]

Says they are holding off until the next fiscal year, so it looks like a buisness move this time around as being the reason.

Probably not, I suspect they're waiting for Home to release so they don't have to worry about patching in support later.

Remember Home is supposed to launch with a few other enhancements like in-game XMB, and probably some better online matchmaking. Not to mention they probably needed more support in general which Sony didn't give them until now. They have to wait until the information from the first party PS3 developers gets to them, and that doesn't happen until GDC.

It can't be that far off, one of the gaming mags already reviewed a "Final Build" so it must be done or almost done. My guess, the game doesn't need more work, Sony is holding it back for marketing reasons.

bread's done
Back