Official Hollywood Video Deals Thread II - All Stores CLOSING!

super_dawn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Thank you for stopping by the Official CAG Hollywood Video Deals Thread!

"Thank you to Thekrakrabbit for originally starting the HWV Deals Thread and for passing the torch onto me."

(updated 5/4/10)

RECENT NEWS: MG/HWV files for Chap. 11 Bankruptcy for the 2nd time! ALL STORES CLOSING!

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2010/05/03/movie-gallerys-closing-act/
http://www.globest.com/news/1653_1653/portland/184780-1.html
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/movie-gallery/movie-gallery-shutting-down-all-stores-19261
http://www.myce.com/news/hollywood-video-finally-closing-its-doors-29290/

Please search the store locator for stores in your area that will be closing! Thank you.
http://hollywoodvideo.com/storelocator.aspx

If you have a problem with anything related to Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery/Game Crazy,
call 1-8SpeakToUs (1-877-325-8687).

Most Asked Question...WHEN PRICES DROP?

All stores vary when prices will drop because it depends on how well the inventory is selling. If selling fairly well the store could possibly stay open longer, if not, the store may close down earlier preventing any further discounts from happening. From what I've noticed most price drops happen once a week (days vary) and then the last two weeks they drop much quicker...every 3 days or so. Hope this info helps!

CURRENT LIQUIDATION GAME SALE INFO

The first 800 HWV store closings have finished and all stores are beginning the process over again. You will need to check in with your area store periodically about current discounts because each store is different. Current Speculation is that all stores will be closed within 10 weeks...so by July.

I do not have a master list of prices unfortunately. Most stores have gone through and price stickered the older games. There is a possibility of the newer games being price stickered as well, but until then, you will have to inquire about the price with the employee. Most prices for the newer games in the computer range between $30-$50 and then take whatever their current discount is off that price.

ALL other Deals at HWV Closing stores:

These discounts below are taken from my store's last week of closing. Just to give anyone an idea as to how low your store may go.

80% off Used DVDs higher than $14.99
80% off Used Rental Blu-Ray (range from $2-$5!)
80% off all Used Games including transferred Game Vault games
80% off all New Games
80% off Novelties (Toys, posters, game guides, board games)
80% off New DVDs
80% off New Blu-Ray
80% off Candy, Snack, & Drinks
80% off Accessories
80% off Hardware

$1.99 each Used New Release Rentals
.99 cents Core Collection DVD rentals or 6 for $5
$1.98 Core Collection Blu-Ray rentals
$1.99 Used DVDs priced $14.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $12.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $9.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $5.99

Used Games listed Under $29.99 in computer (YMMV)

:360:
50 Cent Blood on the Sand
Ace Combat 6
Afro Samurai
Alone In the Dark
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Beautiful Katamari
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Damnation
The Darkness
Dead Rising
Destroy All Humans Path of Furon
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable II
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fight Night Round 4
Ghostbusters
Gears of War 2
GTA 4
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero World Tour
Halo 3
Halo Wars
HAWX
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
L4D
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Mirror's Edge
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Ninja Blade
Ninja Gaiden
Overlord
Phantasy Star Universe
Prince of Persia
Prototype
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Silent Hill Homecoming
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Street Fighter 4
Tenchu Z
Terminator Salvation
Tetris Evolution
Timeshift
Tomb Raider Underworld
Too Human
Velvet Assassin
Vesperia
Vikings
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed
Bad Company
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Call of Juarez
Chronicles of Riddick
Civilization Revolution
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dead Space
Destroy all Humans
Eternal Sonata
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fuel
Ghostbusters
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grid
GTA 4
GT5 Prologue
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf out of bounds
Lord of the Rings Conquest
Metal Gear Solid 4
Midnight Club: LA
MLB 09 The Show
Mortal Kombat V DC
Need For Speed Carbon
Need For Speed Underground
Overlord
Pure
Ratchet & Clank Tools of the Future
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Ski Doo Snowmobile Challenge
Sonic Unleashed
Soul Calibur 4
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Street Fighter IV
Timeshift
Trivia Pursuit
Uncharted
Up
Virtua Tennis 3
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:wii:

Alone In the Dark

Big Brain Academy
Big League Sports
Bigs 2
Boom Blox I & II
Carnival Games
Conduit
Deadly Creatures
Dead Rising Chop
De Blob
Donkey Kong Barrel
Elebits
Family Feud
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Food Network
Ghostbusters
Ghost Squad
Guitar Hero World Tour
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Indiana Jones (priced $12.99)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Power Tennis
Metal Slug Anthology
Mini Ninjas
Monkey King (Already $4.99)
My Sims Kingdom
Need For Speed: Proshift
Overlord
Press Your Luck
Price is Right I & II
Punch Out
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Sonic Black Knight
Soul Calibur Legends
Spongebob Truth or Square
Star Wars Light Saber Duels
Stars Wars The Clone Wars
Stars Wars The Complete Saga
Super Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia
Up
WarHawk
Wario Land Shake It
WarioWare Smooth Moves
Wii Music
Zack & Wiki ($9.99)

:ds:
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing Wild World
Call of Duty
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrrow
Digimon Wold Dawn
GTA China Town Wars
Harvest Moon
Kingdom Hearts 385/2 Days
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Lego Batman
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros
Nintendogs Dalmation, Lab, etc
Phoenix Wright
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Platinum
Professsor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Scribblenauts
Rhythm Heaven
Yoshi's Island

:psp:

Class of Heroes
Dissidia-Final Fantasy
FiFa Soccer '10
God of War
Motor Storm Arctic Edge
Patapon
Resistance
Sims 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed

Hollywood Video Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a Hollywood Video Rental account in order to take advantage of any trades
- You must sign up for a new Hollywood Video account at every store you wish to trade at (Each store is separate)
- Employees cannot access your trading/purchase history from store to store
- You may get a price quote print out before you decide to trade-in any games
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your Hollywood Video account or onto a giftcard (Only in $5 increments)
- Trade-in credit can only be used on the account it is placed unless you take the giftcard option in which you may use it at any Hollywood Video/Game Crazy/Movie Gallery location

Any Forum Trades; please visit http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230651

Special Ordering Used or New Video Games

Beginning December 14th, ALL Hollywood Video stores will have the ability to place New & Used GAME Special Orders. Customers who cannot find games or accessories can place a Special Order and have it shipped from any Game Crazy/Game Zone store to their Hollywood Video for pick-up.

* Shipping Fee is $6.00 (Possibly per game if being shipped from different locations)
* Most Special Orders arrive within 7 days of ordering
* Outlet Stores do not participate in Special Orders, so YMMV on all stores.

Special Orders include:

Strategy Guides
New & Used Controllers
New & Used Games
New & Used cables, cords, and accessories
Toys & Figures

There is a list of product either on a waiting list or permanently out of stock; I may include this at a later point when I have more time. It's quite long.

Important notes (please read these before posting questions):

1) 99% of these deals will NOT work in a Game Crazy. They have their own deals; please refer to http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234882 These deals will also more than likely NOT work at a Hollywood Video with a Game Crazy attached! However, Movie Gallery may or may not have some of these same Game deals! "Movie Gallery bought Hollywood Video", hence the reason for some of the same sales at either HWV or MG.

2) Hollywood Video employees will need to scan a coupon code in order for any game to be discounted.

3) Hollywood Video's store hours vary from location to location, especially with all the store closings. Please call.

4) If you would like to contribute to any game deals, please when posting, include game, system, price, city and state.
For example:
Dragon Quest VIII, PS2, $4.99
Tampa, FL (Temple Terrace)

5) Hollywood Video's are mostly movie rental stores (games are not as important to them to keep up on), thus, always double check on sticker prices because 50% of the time they are probably stickered wrong. ;)

6) Do not trust the store locator at HollywoodVideo.com Google it and call first. That store might already be closed!

7) Hollywood Video does not do cash back if a game is damaged or you "already own it". Used games have a 90 day guarantee. You have a few options: swap for same title, swap for a different title if they do not have it, or using the disc buffer machine to try and fix the game. Hollywood Video also does disc buffing for personal items at a $1 per disc.

8) ALL sales are FINAL during the closing sale. Usually within the first few weeks of the sale if you do purchase something that does not work they MAY swap it for you. YMMV!!!

Previous HWV Thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235408

***I appreciate any and all comments/suggestions/adds to the OP! Either post here or even PM me if you'd like.
Thank you and I hope everyone finds some excellent deals!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm - I wonder if Skate 2 for PS3 now qualifies. I've been checking that periodically at my local store but it has always been $34.99. I'll check today hopefully.

I went to a HWV the other day, and they had COD WAW for 360, but the guy rang it up and it rang up for like $44.99 or something like that. It didn't qualify for the deal. Really weird how one HWV will have one price and another will have a completely different price.

Checked out a HWV that had a GC that closed connected to it. They have now since started selling games and they had quite a selection of 360 and a couple of Wii & PS3 titles. I was able to grab 10 games while struggling with my 2 year old and plan to come back again in the near future to check them out. I asked if they'd be getting any new shipments and the cashier told me in a month they would be. It's worth a shot to call those stores that had GC's close and see what they've got going right now.

Interesting, Converse... I'll check it out next time I'm near one (none are close to me though I was at one the other day and they just had the utter dregs of the GC left - all old sports games).

I had PS3 Skate 2 and 50 Cent checked today and neither has dropped to the $29.99 threshold yet.

I traded in my PS3 version of GTAIV to gamestop for $20 in credit. I never got around to playing it! I figure all the DLC is out for 360 so I should probably start playing that version whenever i can get to it. I have a feeling finding one at HWV this late is going to be tough :pray:

I checked all game prices today and no new price drops unfortunately. :cry:

However...good news...while searching the intranet I found out all the info about special ordering new and used games...not all stores used to do this because at my store we only just received this memo a couple weeks ago. I'll have to post all info in OP later because I was just about to go to bed...

Basic info... by simply paying a special order shipping fee of $6 you can Special Order almost any New and Used game. As far as I can tell and when I practiced this morning...$6 is the shipping for the entire order placed. You are supposed to receive orders within 7 days, however, that depends on the store that sends the item. (hence, reminder...sale ends 1/6/10.)

There is a list (I have it) of games that are either on a waiting list or permanently out of stock...it's looong...that's a project for me on a day off from work.

Oh...for those that don't understand why I am mentioning the special orders... the great thing about this is you can special order a ton of used $29.99 and under games... ship them for $6 and receive them all for whatever the current sale is... $4.99 right now. ;)

g'nite all!

Visited my uncle today and dropped by a local HWV there and wanted to pick up skate 2, hot shots out of bounds, red faction, godfather 2 don's edition and wolfenstein. New employee there, showed her how to do the deal, but then she couldn't find godfather, red faction and wolfenstein. She said the games were rented out and didn't know what to do. I had already paid for the games, so she needed to call a manager to issue a refund. She took my name and phone number and apologized. I felt bad as a line was building up. In the end she refunded three games then I left, apologizing to the line that was building up. By the time I got home (40 minute drive) the area manager called and said he would put the games on hold until I show up again. They were pretty cool about everything and I'm hoping HWV sticks around a while longer.

So for that 40 minute stop at HWV (it was empty when I showed up) trip I now have:

Skate 2 for the 360 (a gift)
Hot Shots Out of Bounds for PS3 (need a new golf game, tired of Tiger)

[quote name='super_dawn']However...good news...while searching the intranet I found out all the info about special ordering new and used games...not all stores used to do this because at my store we only just received this memo a couple weeks ago. I'll have to post all info in OP later because I was just about to go to bed...

Basic info... by simply paying a special order shipping fee of $6 you can Special Order almost any New and Used game. As far as I can tell and when I practiced this morning...$6 is the shipping for the entire order placed. You are supposed to receive orders within 7 days, however, that depends on the store that sends the item. (hence, reminder...sale ends 1/6/10.)

There is a list (I have it) of games that are either on a waiting list or permanently out of stock...it's looong...that's a project for me on a day off from work.

Oh...for those that don't understand why I am mentioning the special orders... the great thing about this is you can special order a ton of used $29.99 and under games... ship them for $6 and receive them all for whatever the current sale is... $4.99 right now. ;)

g'nite all![/QUOTE]

okay.. so.. it's exactly the same as Game Crazy's special order process, right down to the waiting/OOS list.

If it's a common game you order, it'll get there quick, but honestly, if you don't special order in the next day or two, they won't make it by the 6th.

It's not worth typing up that entire list. I'll summarize it:

Think of something rare, something valuable, something hard to find, something worth a lot of money... yeah, you can't special order that.

Done!

[quote name='super_dawn']However...good news...while searching the intranet I found out all the info about special ordering new and used games...not all stores used to do this because at my store we only just received this memo a couple weeks ago. I'll have to post all info in OP later because I was just about to go to bed...

Basic info... by simply paying a special order shipping fee of $6 you can Special Order almost any New and Used game. As far as I can tell and when I practiced this morning...$6 is the shipping for the entire order placed.
[/QUOTE]

I have in the past gotten ICO, Futurama, and 2x Tales of the Abyss through special orders. Ico was only $8 + the $6 shipping, Futurama $8 no shipping, Tales $14 +$6. All ps2 of course...and disc only.

Update: I went to check the gift card balance to see how much was refunded and no refund was done, so tomorrow I'll call the store manager who contacted me and let them know what happened.

[quote name='io']Interesting, Converse... I'll check it out next time I'm near one (none are close to me though I was at one the other day and they just had the utter dregs of the GC left - all old sports games).

I had PS3 Skate 2 and 50 Cent checked today and neither has dropped to the $29.99 threshold yet.[/QUOTE]

You mean 50 Cent: Blood On The Sand, IO? If you're buying it to play, I believe GoHastings.com had it for $11 and change the other day for PS3 when I checked on their B2G1 for $1 sale, so you may want to check on there.

Sorry for the double post, but posting from my PS3 here for now. Anyway, had I known that MC:LA for 360 qualified for the $5 deal AND the $20 off any purchase GS promo, I would've grabbed the 1-3 I saw @ HWV the other day. :bomb: As for special ordering, I doubt that any games would make it my preferred HWV before the sale's end, plus I hate the idea of having to pay for them to ship to the store.

[quote name='Gbear09']Update: I went to check the gift card balance to see how much was refunded and no refund was done, so tomorrow I'll call the store manager who contacted me and let them know what happened.[/QUOTE]

They may have refunded it to your store account balance and not your gift card. In that case they can issue you another gift card from that credit (though I'd make sure the manager is there when doing that ;)). Also, they should never sell you the games before getting the discs out - not only can they sometimes not find stuff (though it looks like she might have been confused if she thought they were rented out as they should be kept in a different place than the rentals), but there's always the issue of disc condition. I mean, their buffer can do wonders, but I've had a few completely broken discs handed to me by the HWV cashiers for inspection, not to mention wrong discs (like a regular Sonic for Sonic Unleashed and that was all they had).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean 50 Cent: Blood On The Sand, IO? If you're buying it to play, I believe GoHastings.com had it for $11 and change the other day for PS3 when I checked on their B2G1 for $1 sale, so you may want to check on there.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and no, but thanks ;).

And yeah, MC LA is probably the best thing (ie, the easiest) to find at this point. I actually found 2 just a few days ago that apparently no one else wanted (as otherwise this store was bereft of anything decent that was $29.99 and under). They are already residing at GS...

[quote name='io']They may have refunded it to your store account balance and not your gift card. In that case they can issue you another gift card from that credit (though I'd make sure the manager is there when doing that ;)). Also, they should never sell you the games before getting the discs out - not only can they sometimes not find stuff [/QUOTE]

That might be a problem, as I went to one that I didn't have an account at, crossed the state line to visit my uncle. They never pulled up an account as it was just for purchase of a game, and not a rental. I tried calling the store today and was told the manager would not be back until monday. Hopefully the manager will remember me by that day...

[quote name='Casteor']Is this only in-store? I've never bought from HV[/QUOTE]

Yup in store only, and not attached to a GC. Movie Gallery is doing the sale as well, but I think their sale will be over.

You guys who are getting MC:LA for $5 are lucky, my HWV has them and it's still $34.99!
I asked the guy to scan it and he said it indeed was $34.99...my HWVs don't have anymore decent games at the $5 price point.

[quote name='DarknessMonkey']You guys who are getting MC:LA for $5 are lucky, my HWV has them and it's still $34.99!
I asked the guy to scan it and he said it indeed was $34.99...my HWVs don't have anymore decent games at the $5 price point.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a 360 but there is a MC:LA for the 360. It's priced at 34.99 and I haven't bothered price checking it. I can pick it up and ship it to someone for a minimal profit if someone likes. I'm pretty sure it's generic cover art and I have no idea if it has a manual.

All the HWVs in my area closed a year ago, but I was visiting a friend a little further north in Minneapolis where there are still quite a few of them. I stopped into the three closest ones, and my experience was:

The employees as the first store were aware of the deal, and they even had official signs up advertising the deal. They were cleaned out of everything but sports titles.

The second one was even more cleaned out...not even many sports games left. They had like six PS3 titles, no Wii, and one 360 title...until I browsed the regular Xbox section and discovered a copy of Assassin's Creed mixed in there, which was on my want list. There was no sign up advertising the deal, just a 3 for $15 deal, and the employees didn't know about this one. The cashier asked her manager if there was some $4.99 deal, and he told her no. So I had to offer that "I've got the promo code here, if you need it." She said she'd give it a try...and of course it worked.

The third one was a surprisingly large HWV, apparently still don't pretty well for itself. They did have a handful of PS3, Wii, and 360 games, and had even more signs advertising the deal than the first store, including a large end-cap sign. Unfortunately, none that were on my want list (or the GS $20 deal list), except for that 360 hunting game, which I snapped up only so I might flip it for a MS Points card on Saturday. Initially it rang up for regular price, until I pointed out the large end cap sign right behind me.

I wish there were an easy way to figure out what other stores that would've been a longer drive might have anything, but I can't imagine what I could ask them that would give me a good idea what's there (without asking them to check for a bunch of specific titles, which would probably not get on their good side).

Springville, UT and Provo, UT are both pretty cleaned out. There's some 4/$20 GS filler if you need it (couple copies of Coraline and an Ice Age 2 for the Wii at Springville; Saints Row 2 and Fear 2 I think for the 360 at the other). Provo had several copies of Samba de Amigo but at that price I think you can get it new now.

Next time I think I'm going to just put in an order, I had a manger offer that last summer. Much easier than chasing my tail around.

Thanks OP and everyone else.

Visited a Movie Gallery for the second time before this sale ends and they had a bunch of games that dropped in price.

Red Faction Guerilla (360) - 29.99
Resident Evil 5 (360) - 29.99
Halo 3 (360) - 29.99
Halo Wars (360) - 29.99
Valkyrie Chronicles (PS3) - 29.99
COD4 Modern Warfare (360) - 29.99
Fallout 3 (PS3) - 29.99
Mortal Kombat vs DC (360) - 24.99

All the 29.99 games were still marked as 34.99, I had the nice associate scan them. Check the MGs around you, before this sale ends.

So anyone can special order games? Is this allowed for any worker or is it manager specific? I believe I could get in on this deal right now even if it ends. If I paid now they'd be able to give me the games when they come, right?

[quote name='Scorch']okay.. so.. it's exactly the same as Game Crazy's special order process, right down to the waiting/OOS list.

If it's a common game you order, it'll get there quick, but honestly, if you don't special order in the next day or two, they won't make it by the 6th.

It's not worth typing up that entire list. I'll summarize it:

Think of something rare, something valuable, something hard to find, something worth a lot of money... yeah, you can't special order that.

Done![/QUOTE]

;) True...a lot of the stuff you probably will have trouble ordering. Yea its pretty much too late to try now ... but I'll probably get the info in the op atleast for the next time we have the $5 sale. I don't think this is a sale that's going away.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']so im assuming you can't pay for the games in advance at the current sale price before they ship? :\[/QUOTE]

Nope...you just pay for the shipping of the items.

[quote name='Interfeci']So anyone can special order games? Is this allowed for any worker or is it manager specific? I believe I could get in on this deal right now even if it ends. If I paid now they'd be able to give me the games when they come, right?[/QUOTE]

As I said above... you only pay for the shipping for the items and you pay for the actual games when they arrive. So, you would get them at whatever price (or deal) that would be going on when they arrive. So, if you ordered now (it takes normally 7 days to ship) you probably would not be able to get in on the $5 sale for each game you ordered.

If you do go to try this... any employee can do the special ordering process...but as we have all realized, not all employees keep up on all information and they may not know how to do it. There is a manual on the intranet in several places on how to go about the ordering process, so you may refer them to that. It's just a matter of them finding it. ;)

[quote name='salazarmark']Visited a Movie Gallery for the second time before this sale ends and they had a bunch of games that dropped in price.

Red Faction Guerilla (360) - 29.99
Resident Evil 5 (360) - 29.99
Halo 3 (360) - 29.99
Halo Wars (360) - 29.99
Valkyrie Chronicles (PS3) - 29.99
COD4 Modern Warfare (360) - 29.99
Fallout 3 (PS3) - 29.99
Mortal Kombat vs DC (360) - 24.99

All the 29.99 games were still marked as 34.99, I had the nice associate scan them. Check the MGs around you, before this sale ends.[/QUOTE]
Any confirmation on this? I spoke with an employee last week who speculated that more games would drop on Sunday, so this may be what he was talking about?

I see this is still popular! Glad to see the thread thriving still. I have yet to stop by a HWV personally, I have been very busy. I don't think I will get in on this sale...I may just wait for the obvious "Closing" sale later in the year sadly enough.

I find it kinda hard to believe that this sale is just going to end on the 6th, and then that's the end of it. I mean, I'm sure that it will technically end, but it wouldn't really make sense for prices to return to normal for a very long stretch.

Since Thanksgiving, they've been selling $29.99 games for $5, and after all this time they are going to raise the prices on them? Anything left over is stuff that wasn't selling at $4.99, so raising it back up to the previous price isn't going to help it move.

It will be interesting to see what they have in store for after this deal is over.

[quote name='Anthony1']I find it kinda hard to believe that this sale is just going to end on the 6th, and then that's the end of it. I mean, I'm sure that it will technically end, but it wouldn't really make sense for prices to return to normal for a very long stretch.

Since Thanksgiving, they've been selling $29.99 games for $5, and after all this time they are going to raise the prices on them? Anything left over is stuff that wasn't selling at $4.99, so raising it back up to the previous price isn't going to help it move.

It will be interesting to see what they have in store for after this deal is over.[/QUOTE]

Well, they haven't been $5 continuously since Thanksgiving. That first sale only lasted a few days, then they were back to normal prices, then down again when it started up the following week. So I see no reason why they wouldn't just go back to normal again. Besides, what do they have left? Not much... However, there is one store near me with a box full of disc-only stuff with a $5 tag on it. That stuff has not been selling very well (such that I was able to go back just a few days ago and get 3 x Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe to trade to GS - they've been sitting there since the Thanksgiving sale so I guess no one wanted them). I'm wondering if they will just continue to sell them for $5 with an override after the sale ends. It's one thing for a handful of leftover regular games (with cases and such) to go back up, but these I just don't know. I'll have to check it out just 'cause I'll be curious ;).

But in general the prices will go back up. That's what happened with the $3.99 last gen sale a year ago and the $4.99 sale in the summer. From August - Thanksgiving all that stuff was regular price.

My guess is that they'll bring the 3 for $15 sale back (on $14.99 and under I think?). That's pretty much what they have left to sell anyway: mostly the $4.99 - $9.99 stuff.

so, you pay for the shipping cost of the games you special order, but if they arrive AFTER a sale has ended then you either have to pay normal price for them and if you don't you're outta luck on somehow getting back the shipping cost, Dawn?

I brought up a few games to price check and was basically told that if the price was 29.99 and employee would have had them by now. It was Mario Galaxy and something else. He did price check them for me and they were all 34.99.

Are stores allowed to stop this promo whenever they want? Went to a store I know was participating previously, who previously had signage up that said it ended on 1/6, and they said it was over. I was there on 12/31. I asked about it and they claim it ended "because of stock issues", yet they had more than ever.

Just went to my HWV since there were signs of other stores having restocked and saw that it was closed with nothing left in the store.

Do you think they sold everything for cheap as they were closing down or shipped it off to the nearest gamecrazy?

Most likely they shipped it off to the nearest not-closed HWV. I called one HWV I was contemplating going to (it's two hours away, though), and when I asked if they still had any 360 games left that weren't sports games, he not only said that yup there's a bunch, but that they just got a shipment of used 300 games in from a recently closed one.

[quote name='david12795']:wii:x2 Cardinal games
:wii:x5 The Bigs 2
:360: x5 The Bigs 2
:360: Call of Juarez
:360: Destroy all humans[/QUOTE]

Nice find! Glad to see they're restocking, gives me a reason to go and check my local one out!

thanks. everyone should go check their local HWV. they may restock. Mine had nothing since beginning of the sale. It was a gold mine when I came in.

[quote name='david12795']thanks. everyone should go check their local HWV. they may restock. Mine had nothing since beginning of the sale. It was a gold mine when I came in.[/QUOTE]

My local HWV restocked with PS2 rentals that they converted. So disappointing. :cry:

Made a stop at 2 different Hollywoods and picked up:
Soul Calibur Legends for Wii
Ninja Blade for 360
Silent Hill Homecoming for 360
Tenchu Z for 360
Ghostbusters for PS2

On a side note, I scored FIFA 10 for PSP at Target for $10! :)

A manger just told me about another transfer from a closed store! My god.. This will be the fourth closed store transferring to my area...kinda worn down already.lol

I know the deal ends on January 6th, but does that mean on Wednesday (1/6) the prices return to normal or Thursday (1/7) ?

I want to make one last check at the local HWV's before the sale is over.

[quote name='Anthony1']I know the deal ends on January 6th, but does that mean on Wednesday (1/6) the prices return to normal or Thursday (1/7) ?

I want to make one last check at the local HWV's before the sale is over.[/QUOTE]

Neither, it is the 8th. DUH!

Finally went today. They had 1 copy of Madden 09 for 360 and 1 copy of All Pro Football 2K8 for PS3. I didn't even bother asking if the sale valid so I could pick them up.

That store is always empty though, because there's another Hollywood with a Gamecrazy attached 5 minutes down the street, so I bet they ship their stuff over there.

bread's done
Back