Official Hollywood Video Deals Thread II - All Stores CLOSING!

super_dawn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Thank you for stopping by the Official CAG Hollywood Video Deals Thread!

"Thank you to Thekrakrabbit for originally starting the HWV Deals Thread and for passing the torch onto me."

(updated 5/4/10)

RECENT NEWS: MG/HWV files for Chap. 11 Bankruptcy for the 2nd time! ALL STORES CLOSING!

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2010/05/03/movie-gallerys-closing-act/
http://www.globest.com/news/1653_1653/portland/184780-1.html
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/movie-gallery/movie-gallery-shutting-down-all-stores-19261
http://www.myce.com/news/hollywood-video-finally-closing-its-doors-29290/

Please search the store locator for stores in your area that will be closing! Thank you.
http://hollywoodvideo.com/storelocator.aspx

If you have a problem with anything related to Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery/Game Crazy,
call 1-8SpeakToUs (1-877-325-8687).

Most Asked Question...WHEN PRICES DROP?

All stores vary when prices will drop because it depends on how well the inventory is selling. If selling fairly well the store could possibly stay open longer, if not, the store may close down earlier preventing any further discounts from happening. From what I've noticed most price drops happen once a week (days vary) and then the last two weeks they drop much quicker...every 3 days or so. Hope this info helps!

CURRENT LIQUIDATION GAME SALE INFO

The first 800 HWV store closings have finished and all stores are beginning the process over again. You will need to check in with your area store periodically about current discounts because each store is different. Current Speculation is that all stores will be closed within 10 weeks...so by July.

I do not have a master list of prices unfortunately. Most stores have gone through and price stickered the older games. There is a possibility of the newer games being price stickered as well, but until then, you will have to inquire about the price with the employee. Most prices for the newer games in the computer range between $30-$50 and then take whatever their current discount is off that price.

ALL other Deals at HWV Closing stores:

These discounts below are taken from my store's last week of closing. Just to give anyone an idea as to how low your store may go.

80% off Used DVDs higher than $14.99
80% off Used Rental Blu-Ray (range from $2-$5!)
80% off all Used Games including transferred Game Vault games
80% off all New Games
80% off Novelties (Toys, posters, game guides, board games)
80% off New DVDs
80% off New Blu-Ray
80% off Candy, Snack, & Drinks
80% off Accessories
80% off Hardware

$1.99 each Used New Release Rentals
.99 cents Core Collection DVD rentals or 6 for $5
$1.98 Core Collection Blu-Ray rentals
$1.99 Used DVDs priced $14.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $12.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $9.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $5.99

Used Games listed Under $29.99 in computer (YMMV)

:360:
50 Cent Blood on the Sand
Ace Combat 6
Afro Samurai
Alone In the Dark
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Beautiful Katamari
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Damnation
The Darkness
Dead Rising
Destroy All Humans Path of Furon
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable II
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fight Night Round 4
Ghostbusters
Gears of War 2
GTA 4
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero World Tour
Halo 3
Halo Wars
HAWX
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
L4D
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Mirror's Edge
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Ninja Blade
Ninja Gaiden
Overlord
Phantasy Star Universe
Prince of Persia
Prototype
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Silent Hill Homecoming
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Street Fighter 4
Tenchu Z
Terminator Salvation
Tetris Evolution
Timeshift
Tomb Raider Underworld
Too Human
Velvet Assassin
Vesperia
Vikings
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed
Bad Company
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Call of Juarez
Chronicles of Riddick
Civilization Revolution
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dead Space
Destroy all Humans
Eternal Sonata
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fuel
Ghostbusters
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grid
GTA 4
GT5 Prologue
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf out of bounds
Lord of the Rings Conquest
Metal Gear Solid 4
Midnight Club: LA
MLB 09 The Show
Mortal Kombat V DC
Need For Speed Carbon
Need For Speed Underground
Overlord
Pure
Ratchet & Clank Tools of the Future
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Ski Doo Snowmobile Challenge
Sonic Unleashed
Soul Calibur 4
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Street Fighter IV
Timeshift
Trivia Pursuit
Uncharted
Up
Virtua Tennis 3
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:wii:

Alone In the Dark

Big Brain Academy
Big League Sports
Bigs 2
Boom Blox I & II
Carnival Games
Conduit
Deadly Creatures
Dead Rising Chop
De Blob
Donkey Kong Barrel
Elebits
Family Feud
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Food Network
Ghostbusters
Ghost Squad
Guitar Hero World Tour
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Indiana Jones (priced $12.99)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Power Tennis
Metal Slug Anthology
Mini Ninjas
Monkey King (Already $4.99)
My Sims Kingdom
Need For Speed: Proshift
Overlord
Press Your Luck
Price is Right I & II
Punch Out
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Sonic Black Knight
Soul Calibur Legends
Spongebob Truth or Square
Star Wars Light Saber Duels
Stars Wars The Clone Wars
Stars Wars The Complete Saga
Super Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia
Up
WarHawk
Wario Land Shake It
WarioWare Smooth Moves
Wii Music
Zack & Wiki ($9.99)

:ds:
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing Wild World
Call of Duty
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrrow
Digimon Wold Dawn
GTA China Town Wars
Harvest Moon
Kingdom Hearts 385/2 Days
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Lego Batman
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros
Nintendogs Dalmation, Lab, etc
Phoenix Wright
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Platinum
Professsor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Scribblenauts
Rhythm Heaven
Yoshi's Island

:psp:

Class of Heroes
Dissidia-Final Fantasy
FiFa Soccer '10
God of War
Motor Storm Arctic Edge
Patapon
Resistance
Sims 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed

Hollywood Video Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a Hollywood Video Rental account in order to take advantage of any trades
- You must sign up for a new Hollywood Video account at every store you wish to trade at (Each store is separate)
- Employees cannot access your trading/purchase history from store to store
- You may get a price quote print out before you decide to trade-in any games
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your Hollywood Video account or onto a giftcard (Only in $5 increments)
- Trade-in credit can only be used on the account it is placed unless you take the giftcard option in which you may use it at any Hollywood Video/Game Crazy/Movie Gallery location

Any Forum Trades; please visit http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230651

Special Ordering Used or New Video Games

Beginning December 14th, ALL Hollywood Video stores will have the ability to place New & Used GAME Special Orders. Customers who cannot find games or accessories can place a Special Order and have it shipped from any Game Crazy/Game Zone store to their Hollywood Video for pick-up.

* Shipping Fee is $6.00 (Possibly per game if being shipped from different locations)
* Most Special Orders arrive within 7 days of ordering
* Outlet Stores do not participate in Special Orders, so YMMV on all stores.

Special Orders include:

Strategy Guides
New & Used Controllers
New & Used Games
New & Used cables, cords, and accessories
Toys & Figures

There is a list of product either on a waiting list or permanently out of stock; I may include this at a later point when I have more time. It's quite long.

Important notes (please read these before posting questions):

1) 99% of these deals will NOT work in a Game Crazy. They have their own deals; please refer to http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234882 These deals will also more than likely NOT work at a Hollywood Video with a Game Crazy attached! However, Movie Gallery may or may not have some of these same Game deals! "Movie Gallery bought Hollywood Video", hence the reason for some of the same sales at either HWV or MG.

2) Hollywood Video employees will need to scan a coupon code in order for any game to be discounted.

3) Hollywood Video's store hours vary from location to location, especially with all the store closings. Please call.

4) If you would like to contribute to any game deals, please when posting, include game, system, price, city and state.
For example:
Dragon Quest VIII, PS2, $4.99
Tampa, FL (Temple Terrace)

5) Hollywood Video's are mostly movie rental stores (games are not as important to them to keep up on), thus, always double check on sticker prices because 50% of the time they are probably stickered wrong. ;)

6) Do not trust the store locator at HollywoodVideo.com Google it and call first. That store might already be closed!

7) Hollywood Video does not do cash back if a game is damaged or you "already own it". Used games have a 90 day guarantee. You have a few options: swap for same title, swap for a different title if they do not have it, or using the disc buffer machine to try and fix the game. Hollywood Video also does disc buffing for personal items at a $1 per disc.

8) ALL sales are FINAL during the closing sale. Usually within the first few weeks of the sale if you do purchase something that does not work they MAY swap it for you. YMMV!!!

Previous HWV Thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235408

***I appreciate any and all comments/suggestions/adds to the OP! Either post here or even PM me if you'd like.
Thank you and I hope everyone finds some excellent deals!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='UncleBob']Is there a list somewhere, or do you just have to call around?[/QUOTE]

Use the store locator on either HollywoodVideo.com or MovieGallery.com to find which stores are closing near you.

my local HWV is closing according to the website, they dotn open for another 2 hrs, so i was wondering if someone could tell me whats the closing specials on used games? or is it just the regular sale for now?

Well, I just confirmed that my "local" HWV is closing. That makes the next closest one around 30 miles away. Ugh. I hope I can pick up some halfway decent stuff as this one closes, but they were pretty cleaned out from the $4.99 game sale.

a year ago today there were 8 HWV (plus some other movie gallerys) in my area. About 6 months ago it was down to 4! After checking the store locator says 2 more are close so now there will be a whole 2 HWV in the area. This is soooo sad to know and i could care less about getting in on liquidation deals at the expense of my wallet getting fatter and lower income people losing their jobs. I expect at this rate for HWV to be gone in another year, RIP!

update: store closing sale here = 20% off all new and used games, no rentals pulled yet.

ok i realise this is a dick move, but what happens if i go rent a shitload of stuff and keep it?

[quote name='DiRT_X']update: store closing sale here = 20% off all new and used games, no rentals pulled yet.

ok i realise this is a dick move, but what happens if i go rent a shitload of stuff and keep it?[/QUOTE]

Probably will go on your credit report.

Just called the closest store to me that's closing, they confirmed that they're at 20% off right now. I'm going next week after I get paid, because I'd rather take the chance then.

Wow. I'm surprised they are closing the store in my area. Blockbuster pulled out a while ago and is down to one tiny little store. With HWV leaving there's barely anywhere to rent videos anymore.

[quote name='super_dawn']Chad sounds familiar...but only because I think I saw him the last time I went to check out the store about a year ago when I was last up there. I never worked with him. I'd say what year I graduated...but being a chick that'd give away my age! lol According to the store locator my old store is okay, but it looks like they're closing the MG in EGF! That's too bad... Altho I hardly went to EGF unless it was for Blue Moose or Whiteys.
[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go check out what kind of sale they are having at the MG in EGF this afternoon. Haven't been there in a long time. But it sucks for the people that do live there because MG is the only rental place in the town. Now they'll have to cross the river to GF to rent. Ahh, Blue Moose, just ate there a few days ago! Delicious stuff.

[quote name='mogamer']Probably will go on your credit report.[/QUOTE]
yeah, i rented darksiders, just cause i made the trip, but im gonna return it. hopefully ill be able to purchase it by then.

I went to 1 and called another that said they were closing online in Phoenix and neither had any deal on games due to the store closing.

So what kind of sales am I looking at, one store is closing in my area...

Just called them and they said they will be selling all their rental games tomorrow at a large discount

[quote name='io']Not old age, Toss (though I wonder how "old" you really are compared to me ;)). You are spot on, unfortunately.

By the way, you can now use the store locator to see which stores near you are closing. Just 5 of the closest 16 HWV stores to me are closing. Unfortunately one of them is my local store (just 1/2 mile from my house). This is the one that is always pretty packed and seems to do great business. Another is one of the better $4.99 sale stores. It seems they spared all the Gamecrazy stores though. Still, with all these closures following upon the heals of a bunch just a few months ago I'd be hard pressed to do much trading or preordering at the remaining stores anyway.[/QUOTE]

3 of the 4 local ones here are closing...

[quote name='UncleBob']Is there a list somewhere, or do you just have to call around?[/QUOTE]

Like someone else said, just use the store locator on the HWV website. It says in red which ones are closing.

[quote name='josh62488']can someone report how cheap HVW used games are?
Any really good deals on ps3 games???[/QUOTE]

Unless you're like 30-40 miles from a HWV, just go in and check, but the prices are typically in line with Blockbuster used prices. Although, if you really want something from the shelves and you think it's still priced too high, HAVE IT PRICE CHECKED.

Just like many other stores, the employees are sometimes lazy or just too busy to put the new pricetags on the games. That's how I picked up FEAR 2 for PS3 from the last $4.99 sale. It was marked $44.99, but came up $29.99 and as such it qualified.:D

[quote name='kube00']So what kind of sales am I looking at, one store is closing in my area...

Just called them and they said they will be selling all their rental games tomorrow at a large discount[/QUOTE]

I've learned from prior liquidation sales that 'large discount' means 20-30% to start and the percentages go up from there ever so slowly. During the last liquidation sale I was at(Blockbuster), the percentages for new games never made it to the magic 80-90% off range like in prior sales and good portions of their former rental stock was being shipped to other stores that weren't closing.

When I say good portions, I'm talking somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-10 LARGE cardboard boxes packed full of rental/new games and new/rental movies.

Went to the supposedly closing MG near me. No sign of the store closing. Everything looked normal. They knew nothing about them closing so we'll just have to wait and see. They had stands after stands of DVDs on sale. No blu's to my disappointment. And all the PS2, Xbox, Gamecube games were B1G1. But nothing worthwhile. This MG has never had next-gen games for sale. I just hope when they do close they will be selling rentals.

They'll either expand, or in most cases, the Hollywood will close too. Use the store location tool on the site to check.

Also, OP.. it's chapter 11, not chapter 1 :)

Local one I just called said it's 50% off "everything". She wouldn't tell me what they have left, but said "we're selling eveything 50% off you have to come down and take a look" so I'm heading there now.

One of the ones here in Columbia is closing. That'll be the third Movie Gallery to close in the past few months. We're down to our last one.

Both of the HWV near me are closing. Stopped by the one on my way to work this afternoon. Nothing on sale, nothing anywhere stating they were closing (other than the website). I assume they are in the month long rental stage then they will begin liquidation. Nothing worth purchasing, even if it were $5, game-wise anyhow.

found out some goodi nfo from my HVW

FYI for ppl trying to rent games and just keep them...Movie Gallery will turn you over to collection! found this out through talking with employee...the other draw back is that since HVW is franchise each one is ran differently...therefore sales are YMMV...and all sales are final...therefore if u buy a movie/ games and it doesn't work your screwed...the employees are tryin to help ppl out by cleaning them and checking them b4 priced...chatted up with a guy and found out alot of good info...so if u wanna take advantage of sale...i'd just be nice :)

that said...anyone know what the prices for used games are at HVW stand alones...like whats the lowest and highest that ps3/ ps3/wii/ xbox games?

my HVW didn't sell games...but since they are closing they have to sell um...however...they don't know for how much since the store never was allowed to...lol

I wonder if the one down the street that started its liquidation sale last week sold any of the game rental stock. Best not to wonder, though, as I'd be pissed if I missed that. Did stop in on Saturday and there were no games at all, but grabbed a few movies. Kind of weird walking in and buying stuff right off the rental shelf after seeing it there for so long.

Tempted to go buy a shelf if they still have a fairly small one. Anyone pick one up and can give me a ballpark figure on the price?

[quote name='josh62488']found out some goodi nfo from my HVW

FYI for ppl trying to rent games and just keep them...Movie Gallery will turn you over to collection! found this out through talking with employee...the other draw back is that since HVW is franchise each one is ran differently...therefore sales are YMMV...and all sales are final...therefore if u buy a movie/ games and it doesn't work your screwed...the employees are tryin to help ppl out by cleaning them and checking them b4 priced...chatted up with a guy and found out alot of good info...so if u wanna take advantage of sale...i'd just be nice :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, this has always been the case...you rent something and don't bring it back it will go to collections. here's a secret though...ymmv on this working!!!... rent some games (max 3) and wait till the liquidation sale gets to the 80%-90% range and then come into the store telling them that you lost the games. Tell them you want to purchase them so that way they won't end up in collections. They should price them with the discount. Now most stores will say you have to pay the late charges too...be nice, tell them you'll take care of the price of the games first and then pay the late charges tomorrow (lies). When the store closes all late charges are forgiven.

The only reason I mention this...is because I did it at my store. We had to send back all the good Wii/360 games at the time and in order to hold on to some I checked them out on my account until the last week of the sale. Of course I rent for free...so it might not be worth it if you have to pay for the rentals.

And yes, no returns on liquidation stores. HOWEVER, I did have some customers put up a fight with me on it at my last store closing and we did exchange them. But yea...check the discs before you buy. ....oh and agreed...be nice! :)

[quote name='josh62488']that said...anyone know what the prices for used games are at HVW stand alones...like whats the lowest and highest that ps3/ ps3/wii/ xbox games?

my HVW didn't sell games...but since they are closing they have to sell um...however...they don't know for how much since the store never was allowed to...lol[/QUOTE]

As for rental games being sold off the shelf and what the prices are....they go by whatever the used game price is in the computer. thus my handy little list in the OP of under $30 used games comes in handy. Anything not on that list is probably higher priced.

[quote name='super_dawn']Yes, this has always been the case...you rent something and don't bring it back it will go to collections. here's a secret though...ymmv on this working!!!... rent some games (max 3) and wait till the liquidation sale gets to the 80%-90% range and then come into the store telling them that you lost the games. Tell them you want to purchase them so that way they won't end up in collections. They should price them with the discount. Now most stores will say you have to pay the late charges too...be nice, tell them you'll take care of the price of the games first and then pay the late charges tomorrow (lies). When the store closes all late charges are forgiven.

The only reason I mention this...is because I did it at my store. We had to send back all the good Wii/360 games at the time and in order to hold on to some I checked them out on my account until the last week of the sale. Of course I rent for free...so it might not be worth it if you have to pay for the rentals.

And yes, no returns on liquidation stores. HOWEVER, I did have some customers put up a fight with me on it at my last store closing and we did exchange them. But yea...check the discs before you buy. ....oh and agreed...be nice! :)

As for rental games being sold off the shelf and what the prices are....they go by whatever the used game price is in the computer. thus my handy little list in the OP of under $30 used games comes in handy. Anything not on that list is probably higher priced.[/QUOTE]

Damn so most of the games will be $30? man thats high. any idea what the lowest price for ps3 games is? and do you know what the mark down schedule is? currently my stores has 20% to 50% signs up...but they arent honoring the sell till after the weekend...weird huh

so I should probably try to save the good games? do you think the employee's would hold the games for me behind counter...then give them to me at time of discount? I chatted up a cool employee who told me they would get fired if they tried to save merchandise for themselves...but will they do that for customers?

[quote name='josh62488']Damn so most of the games will be $30? man thats high. any idea what the lowest price for ps3 games is? and do you know what the mark down schedule is? currently my stores has 20% to 50% signs up...but they arent honoring the sell till after the weekend...weird huh

so I should probably try to save the good games? do you think the employee's would hold the games for me behind counter...then give them to me at time of discount? I chatted up a cool employee who told me they would get fired if they tried to save merchandise for themselves...but will they do that for customers?[/QUOTE]

No...what I mean is my list in the OP states which games are less than $30 but then add on whatever percent off it is at that time. Markdowns will occur on a weekly basis...atleast that's what happened at my last two closing stores...usually sunday/monday's. ...but I do know the markdowns will vary store to store because it all depends on the person in charge of the liquidation. every district will have their own liquidator person that comes to check out the store and see how well its doing. If they are not selling as much thats when they'll start marking down more.

Employees hate holding games or anything for that matter...lol ... That's just in general, but with the sale ...yea, even employees are not allowed to hold items for themselves throughout the sale. Do we follow this? hell no! ;) ...thank god I've never been at a really strict store and have been able to hold stuff for myself. No to customers too...we will hold items for that day, but no longer than that.

cripes.. here we go again.

Do YOU think the employees would hold the games for you behind the counter? Do you have friends that work there? If not, what makes you think that they would hold them for you? There's a TON of other people that are thinking the same way you are. The vast majority of stores will agree to pull an item and hold it until the end of the day, but we're talking weeks here.

The pricing structure will be based on used prices, so even things like Resistance 1 will be $19.99 before discount.

btw, Hollywood's coupon printout said that all of these sales end on the 10th, so expect a bigger discount on rentals, PV's, etc on the 11th.

I stopped at one of the HW stores in my area that is liquidating. They were just putting up signage. As far as game deals went, the manager told me:

Any Game Vault game is for sale at 20% off. He told me to bring the games I was interested in to the counter and they would price them there. I had them scan Resistance 2 ($29.99) and Too Human ($17.99). WAY too expensive at this point. He advised me to keep checking back. Duh. He added that they can't sell newer releases yet because they are still renting them.

[quote name='Scorch']cripes.. here we go again.

Do YOU think the employees would hold the games for you behind the counter? Do you have friends that work there? If not, what makes you think that they would hold them for you? There's a TON of other people that are thinking the same way you are. The vast majority of stores will agree to pull an item and hold it until the end of the day, but we're talking weeks here.

The pricing structure will be based on used prices, so even things like Resistance 1 will be $19.99 before discount.

btw, Hollywood's coupon printout said that all of these sales end on the 10th, so expect a bigger discount on rentals, PV's, etc on the 11th.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about trying to explain things to some folks, Scorch. It goes in one ear and out the other, unless you tell them what they wanna hear(games that'll be cheap right from the start on a closing sale).

That's why I don't plan on hitting the 2 local stores that appear to be having closing sales until about 2-3 weeks from now and only if I'm in that general area.

[quote name='david12795']Ok im pissed :(

My one and only hollywood video is closing. So I guess sales is only 20% off?

if so then i guess good idea is to wait?[/QUOTE]

we had one local store close a year and ahalf ago, people rushed in a bought all the games as soon as it hit $20 off....I went today and people think the sale is awesome and are buying games that are higher than new at walmart even with %20 off!!

BTW local stores said they arent allowed to sell any game vault Gamecube games yet. They are all good ones like Pikmin 2, ect...

[quote name='GrafixGuerilla']I stopped at one of the HW stores in my area that is liquidating. They were just putting up signage. As far as game deals went, the manager told me:

Any Game Vault game is for sale at 20% off. He told me to bring the games I was interested in to the counter and they would price them there. I had them scan Resistance 2 ($29.99) and Too Human ($17.99). WAY too expensive at this point. He advised me to keep checking back. Duh. He added that they can't sell newer releases yet because they are still renting them.[/QUOTE]

this exactly what happened at my store, no games were stickered since my store was just a rental store...it was a pain to bring up stack of 20 games to price them...they were all like 30 bucks...so no great deals to bite on....gonna wait till the 50-70% off sale...

can anybody post a list of prices for these used hollywood video games.

PS3:
Uncharted 2
Army of 2
Bioshock
Devil May Cry
Brutal legend
Band Hero
Super Mario Bro Wii
Assasins Creed 2
Beatles Rock Band
Borderland
Lego: Batman/Starwars/Rokband
Incredible Hulk
G.T.A. IV
Mercinaries 2
Ultimate Alliance
Wet
Watchmen
Smackdown v. Raw : '08, '09, '10
Legends of Wrestlemania
Wolverine
Soldier of Fortune
Street Fighter IV
Ninja Guiden
Mirrors Edge
Mini Ninjas
Prototype
Prince of Persia
Resident Evil V
The Saboteur
Rock Band 2
Guitar Hero V

or better yet know a place i can look up the prices?

[quote name='Sinnbox']BTW local stores said they arent allowed to sell any game vault Gamecube games yet. They are all good ones like Pikmin 2, ect...[/QUOTE]

Gamecube games at HWV usually look like they came from Scratch City.

[quote name='josh62488']this exactly what happened at my store, no games were stickered since my store was just a rental store...it was a pain to bring up stack of 20 games to price them...they were all like 30 bucks...so no great deals to bite on....gonna wait till the 50-70% off sale...

can anybody post a list of prices for these used hollywood video games.

PS3:
Uncharted 2
Army of 2
Bioshock
Devil May Cry
Brutal legend
Band Hero
Super Mario Bro Wii
Assasins Creed 2
Beatles Rock Band
Borderland
Lego: Batman/Starwars/Rokband
Incredible Hulk
G.T.A. IV
Mercinaries 2
Ultimate Alliance
Wet
Watchmen
Smackdown v. Raw : '08, '09, '10
Legends of Wrestlemania
Wolverine
Soldier of Fortune
Street Fighter IV
Ninja Guiden
Mirrors Edge
Mini Ninjas
Prototype
Prince of Persia
Resident Evil V
The Saboteur
Rock Band 2
Guitar Hero V

or better yet know a place i can look up the prices?[/QUOTE]

So instead of doing your own legwork, you expect someone to just say 'these are the prices for each game' and look them up FOR you?

Lazy ass.

Go back to the store and have the employees look up the prices for you. Just take a list with the names of the games you want prices on(like you did here)and have them look them up.

They should be able to look up the prices in the system without you having to bring up the case(s), so no need to moan over it 'being a pain in the ass bringing up 20 games'.

MY GOD BLESS UR SOUL IAmTheCheapestGamer
NE WAYZ...let me rephrase that.... does anybody know the cheapest and lowest prices that used games at HWV usually are

[quote name='kube00']pwned by IATG[/QUOTE]

Find a copy of GTA IV yet, cuz it seems like metaly n the rest of the old crew are playing it, but I guess I must still be on the outs.:cry:

And here I've been practicing my suicide car bombing too. Nothing says 'oh shit' moment like seeing me come barreling down the road 90mph with my car shooting flames from the wheel wells and about to blow up.

[quote name='josh62488']FYI I DID PRICE MATCH THESE GAMES

i was wanting to know what they are usually priced at other stores because they seemed kinda high[/QUOTE]

There's this store named Gamestop that sells EVERYTHING at MSRP. That would be a great place to start.

I stopped by the Movie Gallery here (Columbia MO) that's closing. They were starting to put up the signs saying "Everything 20%-50% off". The manager, who was majorly bummed as you might expect, told me that the prices were changed in the computer so he didn't really know whether games were 20% off or more. He said that all the games were available to be sold, even the new releases. I had him check on a few prices of PS3 games. Don't quote me on this but here's what I remember:
Bioshock $17.99
Heavenly Sword $27?
Uncharted 2 $45
Batman AA $45

In other words, they seemed to be basically the same as Gamestop used prices. He didn't seem to have any idea (or wasn't sharing) about when further markdowns would take place or even how long the store would be open.

[quote name='The Linguist']I stopped by the Movie Gallery here (Columbia MO) that's closing. They were starting to put up the signs saying "Everything 20%-50% off". The manager, who was majorly bummed as you might expect, told me that the prices were changed in the computer so he didn't really know whether games were 20% off or more. He said that all the games were available to be sold, even the new releases. I had him check on a few prices of PS3 games. Don't quote me on this but here's what I remember:
Bioshock $17.99
Heavenly Sword $27?
Uncharted 2 $45
Batman AA $45

In other words, they seemed to be basically the same as Gamestop used prices. He didn't seem to have any idea (or wasn't sharing) about when further markdowns would take place or even how long the store would be open.[/QUOTE]
thank you kind sir

bread's done
Back