Official Hollywood Video Deals Thread II - All Stores CLOSING!

super_dawn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Thank you for stopping by the Official CAG Hollywood Video Deals Thread!

"Thank you to Thekrakrabbit for originally starting the HWV Deals Thread and for passing the torch onto me."

(updated 5/4/10)

RECENT NEWS: MG/HWV files for Chap. 11 Bankruptcy for the 2nd time! ALL STORES CLOSING!

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2010/05/03/movie-gallerys-closing-act/
http://www.globest.com/news/1653_1653/portland/184780-1.html
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/movie-gallery/movie-gallery-shutting-down-all-stores-19261
http://www.myce.com/news/hollywood-video-finally-closing-its-doors-29290/

Please search the store locator for stores in your area that will be closing! Thank you.
http://hollywoodvideo.com/storelocator.aspx

If you have a problem with anything related to Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery/Game Crazy,
call 1-8SpeakToUs (1-877-325-8687).

Most Asked Question...WHEN PRICES DROP?

All stores vary when prices will drop because it depends on how well the inventory is selling. If selling fairly well the store could possibly stay open longer, if not, the store may close down earlier preventing any further discounts from happening. From what I've noticed most price drops happen once a week (days vary) and then the last two weeks they drop much quicker...every 3 days or so. Hope this info helps!

CURRENT LIQUIDATION GAME SALE INFO

The first 800 HWV store closings have finished and all stores are beginning the process over again. You will need to check in with your area store periodically about current discounts because each store is different. Current Speculation is that all stores will be closed within 10 weeks...so by July.

I do not have a master list of prices unfortunately. Most stores have gone through and price stickered the older games. There is a possibility of the newer games being price stickered as well, but until then, you will have to inquire about the price with the employee. Most prices for the newer games in the computer range between $30-$50 and then take whatever their current discount is off that price.

ALL other Deals at HWV Closing stores:

These discounts below are taken from my store's last week of closing. Just to give anyone an idea as to how low your store may go.

80% off Used DVDs higher than $14.99
80% off Used Rental Blu-Ray (range from $2-$5!)
80% off all Used Games including transferred Game Vault games
80% off all New Games
80% off Novelties (Toys, posters, game guides, board games)
80% off New DVDs
80% off New Blu-Ray
80% off Candy, Snack, & Drinks
80% off Accessories
80% off Hardware

$1.99 each Used New Release Rentals
.99 cents Core Collection DVD rentals or 6 for $5
$1.98 Core Collection Blu-Ray rentals
$1.99 Used DVDs priced $14.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $12.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $9.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $5.99

Used Games listed Under $29.99 in computer (YMMV)

:360:
50 Cent Blood on the Sand
Ace Combat 6
Afro Samurai
Alone In the Dark
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Beautiful Katamari
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Damnation
The Darkness
Dead Rising
Destroy All Humans Path of Furon
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable II
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fight Night Round 4
Ghostbusters
Gears of War 2
GTA 4
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero World Tour
Halo 3
Halo Wars
HAWX
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
L4D
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Mirror's Edge
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Ninja Blade
Ninja Gaiden
Overlord
Phantasy Star Universe
Prince of Persia
Prototype
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Silent Hill Homecoming
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Street Fighter 4
Tenchu Z
Terminator Salvation
Tetris Evolution
Timeshift
Tomb Raider Underworld
Too Human
Velvet Assassin
Vesperia
Vikings
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed
Bad Company
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Call of Juarez
Chronicles of Riddick
Civilization Revolution
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dead Space
Destroy all Humans
Eternal Sonata
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fuel
Ghostbusters
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grid
GTA 4
GT5 Prologue
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf out of bounds
Lord of the Rings Conquest
Metal Gear Solid 4
Midnight Club: LA
MLB 09 The Show
Mortal Kombat V DC
Need For Speed Carbon
Need For Speed Underground
Overlord
Pure
Ratchet & Clank Tools of the Future
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Ski Doo Snowmobile Challenge
Sonic Unleashed
Soul Calibur 4
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Street Fighter IV
Timeshift
Trivia Pursuit
Uncharted
Up
Virtua Tennis 3
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:wii:

Alone In the Dark

Big Brain Academy
Big League Sports
Bigs 2
Boom Blox I & II
Carnival Games
Conduit
Deadly Creatures
Dead Rising Chop
De Blob
Donkey Kong Barrel
Elebits
Family Feud
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Food Network
Ghostbusters
Ghost Squad
Guitar Hero World Tour
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Indiana Jones (priced $12.99)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Power Tennis
Metal Slug Anthology
Mini Ninjas
Monkey King (Already $4.99)
My Sims Kingdom
Need For Speed: Proshift
Overlord
Press Your Luck
Price is Right I & II
Punch Out
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Sonic Black Knight
Soul Calibur Legends
Spongebob Truth or Square
Star Wars Light Saber Duels
Stars Wars The Clone Wars
Stars Wars The Complete Saga
Super Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia
Up
WarHawk
Wario Land Shake It
WarioWare Smooth Moves
Wii Music
Zack & Wiki ($9.99)

:ds:
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing Wild World
Call of Duty
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrrow
Digimon Wold Dawn
GTA China Town Wars
Harvest Moon
Kingdom Hearts 385/2 Days
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Lego Batman
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros
Nintendogs Dalmation, Lab, etc
Phoenix Wright
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Platinum
Professsor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Scribblenauts
Rhythm Heaven
Yoshi's Island

:psp:

Class of Heroes
Dissidia-Final Fantasy
FiFa Soccer '10
God of War
Motor Storm Arctic Edge
Patapon
Resistance
Sims 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed

Hollywood Video Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a Hollywood Video Rental account in order to take advantage of any trades
- You must sign up for a new Hollywood Video account at every store you wish to trade at (Each store is separate)
- Employees cannot access your trading/purchase history from store to store
- You may get a price quote print out before you decide to trade-in any games
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your Hollywood Video account or onto a giftcard (Only in $5 increments)
- Trade-in credit can only be used on the account it is placed unless you take the giftcard option in which you may use it at any Hollywood Video/Game Crazy/Movie Gallery location

Any Forum Trades; please visit http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230651

Special Ordering Used or New Video Games

Beginning December 14th, ALL Hollywood Video stores will have the ability to place New & Used GAME Special Orders. Customers who cannot find games or accessories can place a Special Order and have it shipped from any Game Crazy/Game Zone store to their Hollywood Video for pick-up.

* Shipping Fee is $6.00 (Possibly per game if being shipped from different locations)
* Most Special Orders arrive within 7 days of ordering
* Outlet Stores do not participate in Special Orders, so YMMV on all stores.

Special Orders include:

Strategy Guides
New & Used Controllers
New & Used Games
New & Used cables, cords, and accessories
Toys & Figures

There is a list of product either on a waiting list or permanently out of stock; I may include this at a later point when I have more time. It's quite long.

Important notes (please read these before posting questions):

1) 99% of these deals will NOT work in a Game Crazy. They have their own deals; please refer to http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234882 These deals will also more than likely NOT work at a Hollywood Video with a Game Crazy attached! However, Movie Gallery may or may not have some of these same Game deals! "Movie Gallery bought Hollywood Video", hence the reason for some of the same sales at either HWV or MG.

2) Hollywood Video employees will need to scan a coupon code in order for any game to be discounted.

3) Hollywood Video's store hours vary from location to location, especially with all the store closings. Please call.

4) If you would like to contribute to any game deals, please when posting, include game, system, price, city and state.
For example:
Dragon Quest VIII, PS2, $4.99
Tampa, FL (Temple Terrace)

5) Hollywood Video's are mostly movie rental stores (games are not as important to them to keep up on), thus, always double check on sticker prices because 50% of the time they are probably stickered wrong. ;)

6) Do not trust the store locator at HollywoodVideo.com Google it and call first. That store might already be closed!

7) Hollywood Video does not do cash back if a game is damaged or you "already own it". Used games have a 90 day guarantee. You have a few options: swap for same title, swap for a different title if they do not have it, or using the disc buffer machine to try and fix the game. Hollywood Video also does disc buffing for personal items at a $1 per disc.

8) ALL sales are FINAL during the closing sale. Usually within the first few weeks of the sale if you do purchase something that does not work they MAY swap it for you. YMMV!!!

Previous HWV Thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235408

***I appreciate any and all comments/suggestions/adds to the OP! Either post here or even PM me if you'd like.
Thank you and I hope everyone finds some excellent deals!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='super_dawn']lucky! my mgr was a complete dick and put out the 3 freakin' games I was holding up front. I would have held more like at my last closing store, but I knew it was gonna be hard with such a by-the-book mgr around. He had a bunch of stuff (mostly old movies) in a drawer being held for customers...oh I sooo put those back on the shelf in retaliation! ;)

Hahaha ... love it!

All the rubes and hillbillies nearly cleaned out the games around here back at the 20% mark. A lot of those games could have been found brand new for less.

My experience is just like everyone else's. I stopped at the closing movie gallery by me when they were 20% off games and they had shelves and shelves and shelves of games. The most being PS2, then tons of Wii, quite a few 360, and decent selection of PS3 (was eying Uncharted 2 at $49.99). But no deals to be had at only 20% off. But like most of you have already said, normal people see the store closing blowout and 20% and go crazy. I went back yesterday when I saw the sign changes on the outside. Game vault is now 30% off, and barely anything is left. PS2 was almost gone as well as the Wii. The most left was still 360 but no good games, PS3 slim pickings and all crap games. They did convert some rental blu's to buy now for only $12. Some good movies to be had, but I think I'll wait for another drop on those and see what's left.

fyi stopped by my local closing HWV...they got in a shippment of gamecrazy accessories in for 30 percent off.

nothing really good though cuz everything had GC prices...old Action reply for ps2, wii skins, joker wall poster, DS cases, CD protectors things like that...

so if ur looking for old stuff like that...check out your local HWV that's closing YMMV of course

Just a heads up, it may be YMMV, but if you are still on Powerplay, you should still have access to it, even if it's past the expiration date of the month. I was on Powerplay Diamond, and it was set to expire yesterday, but I went in and rented 2 games and a movie at no charge to me. The receipt has an expiration date of 12/31/2999 on it, so I guess it's good til they stop renting.

Meanwhile, I asked the lady working on when they would stop renting. She couldn't give me a firm date, but she heard March 5th being tossed about. It could apply to that store only, or it could be a company wide thing. New movies and games should go on sale then, I would assume at either 30% off or more.

o btw saw king kong for xbox came up as 4.99 with with 30% off it would of been 3.50ish lol

probably the cheapest game i've seen at hollywood so far...for anyone wanting to know the lowest price for games with the 30% discount

I stopped at one of the local Movie Gallery stores that's closing and I picked up 3 copies of The Guy Game(2 for PS2, one for Xbox) for under $20 total.

Unfortunately, both PS2 copies have scratches and are missing their manuals, but the Xbox version is complete.

Since I bought them from a MG/HWV company store though, I should be able to take them to the HWV I'm friendly with the manager at and get them resurfaced for free.

Then I just have to acquire manuals for both PS2 copies.

Just judging by Video Game Price Chart(vgpc.com), I'd say I did pretty f'n well today. The PS2 version is worth $15.87 on average and the XBox version is worth $30+. KA-CHING!!

I've been stopping in periodically at the store down the street from me. They initially were talking 6-8 weeks when the signs went up that they were going out of business. Now the employees are saying they're expecting no more than 4 weeks. They still have a large selection of "new release" games for rent. I'm wondering if/how they'll discount them in the coming weeks, with the new/used games discount up to 30% already.

The Wii selection at my store has been slim but seems to occasionally replenish. I was able to get Super Paper Mario and Pokemon Battle Revolution at 30% off that were not on the floor over the last two weeks on the 20% sale.

The PS3 and 360 selection was much thicker. Cheapest games I've seen at the 30% discount were 3.49 - Madden 08 (PS3), Perfect Dark (360), and Quake 4 (360). Not that I bought any of them.

The "new release" games will not be discounted at all. Once the stores stop renting, they will be shipped back to the DC. Only the "Game Vault" games will be for sale.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I stopped at one of the local Movie Gallery stores that's closing and I picked up 3 copies of The Guy Game(2 for PS2, one for Xbox) for under $20 total.

Unfortunately, both PS2 copies have scratches and are missing their manuals, but the Xbox version is complete.

Since I bought them from a MG/HWV company store though, I should be able to take them to the HWV I'm friendly with the manager at and get them resurfaced for free.

Then I just have to acquire manuals for both PS2 copies.

Just judging by Video Game Price Chart(vgpc.com), I'd say I did pretty f'n well today. The PS2 version is worth $15.87 on average and the XBox version is worth $30+. KA-CHING!![/QUOTE]

Don't get busted for having and selling CP lol.

[quote name='Scorch']The "new release" games will not be discounted at all. Once the stores stop renting, they will be shipped back to the DC. Only the "Game Vault" games will be for sale.[/QUOTE]

The manager at my local store told me that they would be selling the "new releases" once they stopped renting. Dunno if this is ymmv, or he was mistaken. He did not say at what (if any) discount they would be sold at.

Went in yesterday, didn't have much for sale in games. Most game were still in the "New release" rent only section. I spoke with the girl there and she told me that the "new release" games will be going on sale on March 5th

[quote name='Scorch']The "new release" games will not be discounted at all. Once the stores stop renting, they will be shipped back to the DC. Only the "Game Vault" games will be for sale.[/QUOTE]

:lol: That's funny. Where do they plan on sending them? To the stores that somehow miraculously avoided this round of closures? I'll still stop into those stores right around that day to see if I can convince one of the workers that they should be discounted like the rest.;) Hopefully, I can convince them to sell a few, though by then most of those 'new release' games will be old hat and not even worth it for flipping.

[quote name='shoe478']Don't get busted for having and selling CP lol.[/QUOTE]

That's what gets me though is that the girl signed the release for her footage to be used in the game. So essentially she lied to them when she did the footage, so they should've been able to sue the pants(they already had the top) off of her, since I'm pretty sure they didn't recoup the money it cost to make the game.

FYI: It's a good game if you do a second playthrough on the same set of questions.;)

[quote name='Ares']Just a heads up, it may be YMMV, but if you are still on Powerplay, you should still have access to it, even if it's past the expiration date of the month. I was on Powerplay Diamond, and it was set to expire yesterday, but I went in and rented 2 games and a movie at no charge to me. The receipt has an expiration date of 12/31/2999 on it, so I guess it's good til they stop renting.
[/QUOTE]

This is true. Any PowerPlay members can take full advantage of rentals because they are not charging anyone's account anymore, but you may still rent. I think they've even added points to those on the lower pp accts.

Yea, no idea on a last closing day yet. 4 weeks is a good estimate...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I stopped at one of the local Movie Gallery stores that's closing and I picked up 3 copies of The Guy Game(2 for PS2, one for Xbox) for under $20 total.
Just judging by Video Game Price Chart(vgpc.com), I'd say I did pretty f'n well today. The PS2 version is worth $15.87 on average and the XBox version is worth $30+. KA-CHING!![/QUOTE]

Hmm..I'll have to see if we have these...do some good flippin'.

I agree. If they were closing all stores than yea...maybe we'd sell off the new game rentals. But from my experience through 3 closing stores...they always just send the new games back to DC.

...at my store we also got a Game Crazy shipment in...oh my tons and tons of CRAP! hahaha...old xbox/ps2 junk games I see all the time that never sell. ;)

...I'll update the OP later tonight when I get home from work (my non hwv job). I just need to fix some of the discount prices...and I'll call and make sure its still 30% for the games as of now.

edit: okay...just called. :) Discounts are going down again for tomorrow. so 40% off...I'll get details later.

Something to think about when buying games from closing stores, they have "all sales final" policies, which suck if you get a shitty disk that doesnt work...which was the case with the wii twilight princess I bought...it didnt work, and when I took it back, the girl was less than enthused, but offered to let me exchange it...too bad there was nothing else there worth getting, so I ended up with a $22 effin coaster! :bomb:

[quote name='*Deathblade2']Something to think about when buying games from closing stores, they have "all sales final" policies, which suck if you get a shitty disk that doesnt work...which was the case with the wii twilight princess I bought...it didnt work, and when I took it back, the girl was less than enthused, but offered to let me exchange it...too bad there was nothing else there worth getting, so I ended up with a $22 effin coaster! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Try going to a gamecrazy; they let me exchange a game I bought from hollywood video about a month ago. I need to try that again as another copy I have is coming up "unable to read disk."

[quote name='*Deathblade2']Something to think about when buying games from closing stores, they have "all sales final" policies, which suck if you get a shitty disk that doesnt work...which was the case with the wii twilight princess I bought...it didnt work, and when I took it back, the girl was less than enthused, but offered to let me exchange it...too bad there was nothing else there worth getting, so I ended up with a $22 effin coaster! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

You don't have to trade it in for another game however if it completely does not work. You do have the option of swapping it out with movies, accessories, etc...as long as they equal what the price of the game was. All sales final sucks...but at least we do do exchanges for bad product before the store completely closes.

[quote name='ploppsdman']Try going to a gamecrazy; they let me exchange a game I bought from hollywood video about a month ago. I need to try that again as another copy I have is coming up "unable to read disk."[/QUOTE]

This is a good idea too!

[quote name='super_dawn']Hmm..I'll have to see if we have these...do some good flippin'.[/QUOTE]

I got those prices for The Guy Game from Video Game Price Charts(vgpc.com) and they were based upon Amazon, Ebay and something else.

However, the games sell for $5.99 and $7.99 for the PS2 and Xbox respectively at Gamestop. Of course, assuming you can find a copy in stock for the Xbox now that's complete and in good shape it should be $2 with the 75% off clearance mark I think they've hit for the original Xbox stuff.:D

I had all three discs resurfaced tonight and honestly, even though the guy took his time and did multiple passes with multiple gels and other crap in the machine, the one seriously looks like it was done lightly with a Disc Doctor.:cry:

However, the Xbox copy now looks as good(if not better) than my copy I've had forever.

So now I just have to hit up the local shop tomorrow and try to sell the two PS2 copies to the clerk for $6-8 each to recoup my full cost for all three and I'll be happy.

Finally scored a couple things a collectors edition DMC4 360 sealed for $12, Apollo justice new sealed for $12, Zack and Wiki for 8.50 and Legend of Heroes III song of the ocean for new sealed $12. Theres some other stuff I may go back for also but my kids were overtired and screaming so I made my visit quick.

[quote name='Toss']..I did pick up 6.99 batman ps3, [/QUOTE]

Batman for PS3? Lego Batman or Arkham Asylum? I'm guessing must have been Lego Batman.

[quote name='anthony1']batman for ps3? Lego batman or arkham asylum? I'm guessing must have been lego batman.[/quote]
lego

[quote name='super_dawn']You don't have to trade it in for another game however if it completely does not work. You do have the option of swapping it out with movies, accessories, etc...as long as they equal what the price of the game was. All sales final sucks...but at least we do do exchanges for bad product before the store completely closes.[/QUOTE]

too bad there was literally nothing else there I was interested in :cry:

[quote name='ploppsdman']Try going to a gamecrazy; they let me exchange a game I bought from hollywood video about a month ago. I need to try that again as another copy I have is coming up "unable to read disk."[/QUOTE]
that one sounds very YMMV....though Movie gallery owns hollywood and therefore gamecrazy, I doubt anyone would let me return something from a store that is two stores removed and closing to boot...they would have to be in hell of a good mood.

confirmed 40 % off now at my store...TOO BAD the games on sale suck or are wayyy too expensive...non LBP and guitar hero 5= 45 bucks

i'll pass
movie are still 6 bucks...which is too much for me...ima bite when they are down to $2 dollars

there is some hope for blu-rays though down to $10 each...maybe when they are $5 each

Yeah, not much left at 40% off on the used games, just a smattering of older sports titles, and a few older gems. I found GH: World Tour for $17 before the 40% off. I actually made off with about 7 fairly recent DVDs on the previously viewed table for about $24.

40% drop hit today here as well. Picked up Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Turning Point Fall of Liberty (good local flip) and Little Big Planet PS3 for $77.35 total. Might've overpayed for LBP ($27) but I'd been wanting it for a while.

I checked out a closing HWV again. There really weren't much available that was worth the price. I did pick up PSO3 for the Gamecube for $4 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance on 360 for $2.

When I asked about them selling the newer rentals, the workers mentioned March 5th as the target date and to check back then.

If I go to my Memphis area one are there any games I should be looking out for . Because I dont mind buying a game for $15 for a cag as long as they pay me $15 . I am awesome like that . But seriously PM me if you are on the lookout for games , seriously I dont mind

My new job starts next wednesday 3/3, which isn't far from a Movie Gallery that's closing. I'll see if they have anything left worth picking up. There's a HWV in the same town less than 2 miles down the road that's staying open. It has a Game Crazy in it, so thankfully there's something decent for now. Last time I was there about a week or so ago they had the Limited Edition MGS4 strategy guide for $15. They also had the hardback guide for RE5. That one may have been $10, I don't recall. I didn't have much cash on me @ the time, so I didn't buy them.

They also had a sealed copy of DMC4 for $30...SAME price as a new sealed copy of the standard edition which was also in stock. Soul Calibur 4 collectors edition for $40 also. Not a super good price, but decent if looking for it. They had a few copies of SF4 collectors edition sealed also.

I know this is a little late but here is a HW protip.

When I buy a game without a case and og artwork I ask them for a bank case from that system, and they give me a display case with another games insert. They are too lazy to remove the insert. a couple of times I got the inserts for games that I already had and didn't have inserts for.

If they don't have anyone cases you can always ask BBV and they will give you a blank one no questions asked.

Sadly, my hollywood video just changed their signs from 20% to 30% today. The manager has no clue and information from corporate when to the discounts. I'm still waiting for at least a 50% drop off games and cheaper movies. Unfortunately, most of the items have been picked clean as I guess "20%" off is a "good deal".

My HWV dropped their non new release rentals BR's to $10.98 and game vault/new games went to 40% off. Not selling any new releases yet. Nothing really great left but they didn't have anything great to start with.

Picked up District 9 (previously used, 40% off) and WW:SM for $18 plus tax.

Any chances at getting a PS2 game like God of War II? I haven't played it yet and just played the GOW III demo, now I REALLY want it.

[quote name='Toss']Dawn or Scorch - If rentals do go on sale as reported here, do they immediately sell at the present 40% discount?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know that too. It would be hard to believe they are going to do that with the "good" games. If they do that, someone is really going to clean up.

[quote name='shoe478']I would like to know that too. It would be hard to believe they are going to do that with the "good" games. If they do that, someone is really going to clean up.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I believe Scorch mentioned that the more current release stuff that's still being rented at the closing stores would be sent back to corporate and NOT sold for the closing sales.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, I believe Scorch mentioned that the more current release stuff that's still being rented at the closing stores would be sent back to corporate and NOT sold for the closing sales.[/QUOTE]

I ask because they have older good games not being sold yet like Tales of Vesperia.

[quote name='Toss']I ask because they have older good games not being sold yet like Tales of Vesperia.[/QUOTE]

The older ones they may let go, but I doubt stuff like Bayonetta and stuff like that would be up for the sale after they're done renting them.:cry: It sucks too, since the few local locations that're going out of biz have some really newer stuff.

hollywood is still renting games??? Wow, my hollywood video stopped renting games a while back when the liquidation started. All of the good games were cleaned out at 20%. One quick question, is this 40% store and nation wide? My store doesn't know the clearance and is randomly setting it at 30%.

I've been to one HWV and one MG, and I've given up on this sale. Most movies are $7+, blu rays in a generic case are $11, and they are still renting new releases (which means anything that came out in the last two years). I might go back on the last day or two if I happen to be around one of the stores, but there's just no need to put out effort if you are a CAG...cause you know where to get better deals already.

Does anyone else have a Hollywood Video that is closed down but fully stocked? The one on the corner of the grocery store strip center has the "For Lease" signs up but all the stuff is still inside. Kind of odd.

[quote name='equest943']Does anyone else have a Hollywood Video that is closed down but fully stocked? The one on the corner of the grocery store strip center has the "For Lease" signs up but all the stuff is still inside. Kind of odd.[/QUOTE]

actually from what i hear...and how poor hwv are managed...its not

bread's done
Back