Official Hollywood Video Deals Thread II - All Stores CLOSING!

super_dawn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Thank you for stopping by the Official CAG Hollywood Video Deals Thread!

"Thank you to Thekrakrabbit for originally starting the HWV Deals Thread and for passing the torch onto me."

(updated 5/4/10)

RECENT NEWS: MG/HWV files for Chap. 11 Bankruptcy for the 2nd time! ALL STORES CLOSING!

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2010/05/03/movie-gallerys-closing-act/
http://www.globest.com/news/1653_1653/portland/184780-1.html
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/movie-gallery/movie-gallery-shutting-down-all-stores-19261
http://www.myce.com/news/hollywood-video-finally-closing-its-doors-29290/

Please search the store locator for stores in your area that will be closing! Thank you.
http://hollywoodvideo.com/storelocator.aspx

If you have a problem with anything related to Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery/Game Crazy,
call 1-8SpeakToUs (1-877-325-8687).

Most Asked Question...WHEN PRICES DROP?

All stores vary when prices will drop because it depends on how well the inventory is selling. If selling fairly well the store could possibly stay open longer, if not, the store may close down earlier preventing any further discounts from happening. From what I've noticed most price drops happen once a week (days vary) and then the last two weeks they drop much quicker...every 3 days or so. Hope this info helps!

CURRENT LIQUIDATION GAME SALE INFO

The first 800 HWV store closings have finished and all stores are beginning the process over again. You will need to check in with your area store periodically about current discounts because each store is different. Current Speculation is that all stores will be closed within 10 weeks...so by July.

I do not have a master list of prices unfortunately. Most stores have gone through and price stickered the older games. There is a possibility of the newer games being price stickered as well, but until then, you will have to inquire about the price with the employee. Most prices for the newer games in the computer range between $30-$50 and then take whatever their current discount is off that price.

ALL other Deals at HWV Closing stores:

These discounts below are taken from my store's last week of closing. Just to give anyone an idea as to how low your store may go.

80% off Used DVDs higher than $14.99
80% off Used Rental Blu-Ray (range from $2-$5!)
80% off all Used Games including transferred Game Vault games
80% off all New Games
80% off Novelties (Toys, posters, game guides, board games)
80% off New DVDs
80% off New Blu-Ray
80% off Candy, Snack, & Drinks
80% off Accessories
80% off Hardware

$1.99 each Used New Release Rentals
.99 cents Core Collection DVD rentals or 6 for $5
$1.98 Core Collection Blu-Ray rentals
$1.99 Used DVDs priced $14.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $12.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $9.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $5.99

Used Games listed Under $29.99 in computer (YMMV)

:360:
50 Cent Blood on the Sand
Ace Combat 6
Afro Samurai
Alone In the Dark
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Beautiful Katamari
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Damnation
The Darkness
Dead Rising
Destroy All Humans Path of Furon
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable II
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fight Night Round 4
Ghostbusters
Gears of War 2
GTA 4
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero World Tour
Halo 3
Halo Wars
HAWX
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
L4D
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Mirror's Edge
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Ninja Blade
Ninja Gaiden
Overlord
Phantasy Star Universe
Prince of Persia
Prototype
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Silent Hill Homecoming
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Street Fighter 4
Tenchu Z
Terminator Salvation
Tetris Evolution
Timeshift
Tomb Raider Underworld
Too Human
Velvet Assassin
Vesperia
Vikings
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed
Bad Company
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Call of Juarez
Chronicles of Riddick
Civilization Revolution
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dead Space
Destroy all Humans
Eternal Sonata
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fuel
Ghostbusters
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grid
GTA 4
GT5 Prologue
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf out of bounds
Lord of the Rings Conquest
Metal Gear Solid 4
Midnight Club: LA
MLB 09 The Show
Mortal Kombat V DC
Need For Speed Carbon
Need For Speed Underground
Overlord
Pure
Ratchet & Clank Tools of the Future
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Ski Doo Snowmobile Challenge
Sonic Unleashed
Soul Calibur 4
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Street Fighter IV
Timeshift
Trivia Pursuit
Uncharted
Up
Virtua Tennis 3
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:wii:

Alone In the Dark

Big Brain Academy
Big League Sports
Bigs 2
Boom Blox I & II
Carnival Games
Conduit
Deadly Creatures
Dead Rising Chop
De Blob
Donkey Kong Barrel
Elebits
Family Feud
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Food Network
Ghostbusters
Ghost Squad
Guitar Hero World Tour
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Indiana Jones (priced $12.99)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Power Tennis
Metal Slug Anthology
Mini Ninjas
Monkey King (Already $4.99)
My Sims Kingdom
Need For Speed: Proshift
Overlord
Press Your Luck
Price is Right I & II
Punch Out
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Sonic Black Knight
Soul Calibur Legends
Spongebob Truth or Square
Star Wars Light Saber Duels
Stars Wars The Clone Wars
Stars Wars The Complete Saga
Super Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia
Up
WarHawk
Wario Land Shake It
WarioWare Smooth Moves
Wii Music
Zack & Wiki ($9.99)

:ds:
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing Wild World
Call of Duty
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrrow
Digimon Wold Dawn
GTA China Town Wars
Harvest Moon
Kingdom Hearts 385/2 Days
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Lego Batman
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros
Nintendogs Dalmation, Lab, etc
Phoenix Wright
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Platinum
Professsor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Scribblenauts
Rhythm Heaven
Yoshi's Island

:psp:

Class of Heroes
Dissidia-Final Fantasy
FiFa Soccer '10
God of War
Motor Storm Arctic Edge
Patapon
Resistance
Sims 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed

Hollywood Video Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a Hollywood Video Rental account in order to take advantage of any trades
- You must sign up for a new Hollywood Video account at every store you wish to trade at (Each store is separate)
- Employees cannot access your trading/purchase history from store to store
- You may get a price quote print out before you decide to trade-in any games
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your Hollywood Video account or onto a giftcard (Only in $5 increments)
- Trade-in credit can only be used on the account it is placed unless you take the giftcard option in which you may use it at any Hollywood Video/Game Crazy/Movie Gallery location

Any Forum Trades; please visit http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230651

Special Ordering Used or New Video Games

Beginning December 14th, ALL Hollywood Video stores will have the ability to place New & Used GAME Special Orders. Customers who cannot find games or accessories can place a Special Order and have it shipped from any Game Crazy/Game Zone store to their Hollywood Video for pick-up.

* Shipping Fee is $6.00 (Possibly per game if being shipped from different locations)
* Most Special Orders arrive within 7 days of ordering
* Outlet Stores do not participate in Special Orders, so YMMV on all stores.

Special Orders include:

Strategy Guides
New & Used Controllers
New & Used Games
New & Used cables, cords, and accessories
Toys & Figures

There is a list of product either on a waiting list or permanently out of stock; I may include this at a later point when I have more time. It's quite long.

Important notes (please read these before posting questions):

1) 99% of these deals will NOT work in a Game Crazy. They have their own deals; please refer to http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234882 These deals will also more than likely NOT work at a Hollywood Video with a Game Crazy attached! However, Movie Gallery may or may not have some of these same Game deals! "Movie Gallery bought Hollywood Video", hence the reason for some of the same sales at either HWV or MG.

2) Hollywood Video employees will need to scan a coupon code in order for any game to be discounted.

3) Hollywood Video's store hours vary from location to location, especially with all the store closings. Please call.

4) If you would like to contribute to any game deals, please when posting, include game, system, price, city and state.
For example:
Dragon Quest VIII, PS2, $4.99
Tampa, FL (Temple Terrace)

5) Hollywood Video's are mostly movie rental stores (games are not as important to them to keep up on), thus, always double check on sticker prices because 50% of the time they are probably stickered wrong. ;)

6) Do not trust the store locator at HollywoodVideo.com Google it and call first. That store might already be closed!

7) Hollywood Video does not do cash back if a game is damaged or you "already own it". Used games have a 90 day guarantee. You have a few options: swap for same title, swap for a different title if they do not have it, or using the disc buffer machine to try and fix the game. Hollywood Video also does disc buffing for personal items at a $1 per disc.

8) ALL sales are FINAL during the closing sale. Usually within the first few weeks of the sale if you do purchase something that does not work they MAY swap it for you. YMMV!!!

Previous HWV Thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235408

***I appreciate any and all comments/suggestions/adds to the OP! Either post here or even PM me if you'd like.
Thank you and I hope everyone finds some excellent deals!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a Hollywood Video by my house with a Gamecrazy attached to it. Do I go to the GC or does the HV "itself" have the games too?

I've been trying to keep up, so forgive me if this has been previously mentioned...called my HWV (outlet) today and they said they have liberated their PS2 rental games for this deal. I'm wondering if they might slowly do this with the consoles until the very last week and let the next gen consoles do the same.

are outlets part of this sale? i went to store that had a good selection after driving to 4 with nothing except ps2 games. then i was told that they're not participating b/c theyre an outlet store.

[quote name='zpoor17']What exactly falls under this $19.99 for new games sale? I haven't been to my Hollywood Videos since the first days of this sale and want to know if it's worth it to take the trip just for this. I know the last time I went they still had a lot of the newer games available so it would be amazing if I could grab some of those.[/QUOTE]

i dont know if i missed a post.. but i dont think there is any kind of sale for this

just some hollywood videos only started carrying $20 new games... games that are pretty much $20 msrp everywhere anyway

[quote name='Freeisgood']There is a Hollywood Video by my house with a Gamecrazy attached to it. Do I go to the GC or does the HV "itself" have the games too?[/QUOTE]

This sale DOES NOT WORK at Hollywood Video stores with a Gamecrazy attached.

That is all.

I hate my local HWV employees so very much. I go to ask how much CoD WaW :ps3: is and the lady points at the sticker ($34.99) and tells me that's how much it is. I ask if she can scan it, she tells me no and says that she had [supposedly] checked it before I had come in. Then I asked her if she was getting any more games in. She tells me that they just got in a box full of :360: games. So I ask if she will let me look through them, and she says that I will have to come back in a couple days since they aren't "ready". Needless to say I am sorta pissed.

It wasn't a complete waste though, I got Motorstorm and Resistance Fall of Man.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last time I went to the Hollywood Video by me the only thing they had besides a few old sports games was like 6 copies of CoD WaW. I stopped by there tonight and saw that there wasn't even a single one left and I even hid one of the copies since I knew something like this would happen.

Movie Gallery, Woodland, WA

Picked up FO3 (normal), they had 1 more FO3 and a Metroid 3 Wii and dead rising also and some assorted crap.

Has anyone in L.A. seen anything recently? I reported earlier this week that everything was cleaned out, but hopefully some new shipments came in.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I hate my local HWV employees so very much. I go to ask how much CoD WaW :ps3: is and the lady points at the sticker ($34.99) and tells me that's how much it is. I ask if she can scan it, she tells me no and says that she had [supposedly] checked it before I had come in. Then I asked her if she was getting any more games in. She tells me that they just got in a box full of :360: games. So I ask if she will let me look through them, and she says that I will have to come back in a couple days since they aren't "ready". Needless to say I am sorta pissed.

It wasn't a complete waste though, I got Motorstorm and Resistance Fall of Man.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why everyone expects employees to be sunshines and roses when they are making minimum wage to deal with us trying to milk their store for every last penny. That box wasn't in the system yet and I wouldn't expect her to put any in just for you.

I'm very lucky, my store got the remaining stock from 2 stores that recently closed down and with how amazing this sale is I've been patiently waiting for them to put them out on shelves. I'm already getting in on a great sale, I'm not going to bust their chops about it too. Because of this despite the fact that they had to find 20+games for me at checkout they weren't every grumpy or mean because I hadn't been being a dick prior telling them they need to get those games on the shelves already.

Do these games come in generic boxes with strange/generic print on them or do they come complete, generally speaking? I have a HWV down the road from me that I haven't ever been in before and have been putting off visiting until finals are over. Thanks in advance

[quote name='gwill']Do these games come in generic boxes with strange/generic print on them or do they come complete, generally speaking? I have a HWV down the road from me that I haven't ever been in before and have been putting off visiting until finals are over. Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Usually a mix. Some people have had luck asking if they can get a box and manual from the rentals section. My advice is to go right when the open in the morning, and smile at the nice bored manager.

[quote name='bananafish900']Usually a mix. Some people have had luck asking if they can get a box and manual from the rentals section. My advice is to go right when the open in the morning, and smile at the nice bored manager.[/QUOTE]

What a deceitful son of a .... lol

A question for super_dawn, or any other HWV employee that might be able to answer this. Have any games gone down in price that now qualify for this deal that didn't before? I saw alot of $34.99 games that barely missed qualifying for this deal, but maybe a few have dropped in price since then...

[quote name='david12795']Wellington HWV= NOTHING[/QUOTE]

yeah cause i got mass effect and call of duty world at war the day before =)

[quote name='mrman1980']super dawn can you please confirm if cod: waw for ps3/xbox/wii qualify in this sale?[/QUOTE]

No need for Dawn, as I am here!:bouncy:

World at War is in face eligible for the sale, so if you can find it you can have it for $4.99! But keep in mind all prices are YMMV, so don't blame anyone but your store if they have it but they mark it as $45!

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']No need for Dawn, as I am here!:bouncy:

World at War is in fact eligible for the sale, so if you can find it you can have it for $4.99! But keep in mind all prices are YMMV, so don't blame anyone but your store if they have it but they mark it as $45![/QUOTE]

For PS3 also? I want to get it for PS3 cause when/if my xbox 360 dies...

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I hate my local HWV employees so very much. I go to ask how much CoD WaW :ps3: is and the lady points at the sticker ($34.99) and tells me that's how much it is. I ask if she can scan it, she tells me no and says that she had [supposedly] checked it before I had come in. Then I asked her if she was getting any more games in. She tells me that they just got in a box full of :360: games. So I ask if she will let me look through them, and she says that I will have to come back in a couple days since they aren't "ready". Needless to say I am sorta pissed.

It wasn't a complete waste though, I got Motorstorm and Resistance Fall of Man.[/QUOTE]

I would have said...ok well I'll go ahead and buy it...then if it rings up 29.99 you'd be able to hmm..well laugh in her face. ;) If not, then just look at your wallet and all of sudden realize you don't have enough.

It's dumb that she said come back in a "couple days"...they've actually made it WAY easier to receive product. The way hwv does things now...I probably could have checked the product, did my receiving...in less than 5 minutes for ya. No need to sticker it if you were going to buy it right then...but then again a lot of min. wage employees (high turnover as well) don't know how to ring up product without a barcode.

[quote name='Anthony1']A question for super_dawn, or any other HWV employee that might be able to answer this. Have any games gone down in price that now qualify for this deal that didn't before? I saw alot of $34.99 games that barely missed qualifying for this deal, but maybe a few have dropped in price since then...[/QUOTE]

Not sure yet. Drops for games print up randomly! I haven't been to my store since this past Sunday...so I guess I'd rely on what cagers have been able to get so far. But I promise to update when I do see a nice drop... ;)

[quote name='mrman1980']super dawn can you please confirm if cod: waw for ps3/xbox/wii qualify in this sale?[/QUOTE]

I believe the 360 version is and the wii..don't know. But ps3 is not...

[quote name='super_dawn']
I believe the 360 version is and the wii..don't know. But ps3 is not...[/QUOTE]

I knew the 360 was, but from what I know some stores have the PS3 version eligible as well.

Wii...I don't know either.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I knew the 360 was, but from what I know some stores have the PS3 version eligible as well.

Wii...I don't know either.[/QUOTE]

Might be one of those stickering issues... but who knows? Maybe its also a recent drop...like I said, I haven't been to the store since Sunday.

godammit. i totally overlooked this thread for 2 weeks. next time this happens, can you put the "$4.99 used games live now" before "Official Hollywood......", OP?

last time i made about $200 profit, now that i'm so late, i probably won't even go... oh well next time i guess.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Here is a helpful heads up for those "not in the know". 99% of these deals will NOT work at a Hollywood Video with a Gamecrazy in it.[/QUOTE]

You can say it till you're blue in the face and some idiot will still come in and ask 'durrrr does dis sale work in Hollywood Video stores with a Gamecrazy attached??' since it's too much work to read the last page or so of a thread as well as the first post to get all of the information required.

[quote name='hyunkim']godammit. i totally overlooked this thread for 2 weeks. next time this happens, can you put the "$4.99 used games live now" before "Official Hollywood......", OP?

last time i made about $200 profit, now that i'm so late, i probably won't even go... oh well next time i guess.[/QUOTE]

I made out pretty well with the $3.99 last gen sale last fall, but I only grabbed games I wanted to keep from the current gen sale when they had it the last couple of times. For $5 any game is worth a playthrough, though some of those $5 games I'd rather flip(Fallout, Oblivion) since I can't stand them.

Well, crap, did this just drop or something? I had this (360 version that is) scanned last Thursday and it didn't qualify then (was $34.99). There were two copies at my local store. I'm sure they are gone now.

Any other drops I should be aware of? I haven't checked this thread multiple times per day as it seems I would have to to have noticed that one!

[quote name='io']Well, crap, did this just drop or something? I had this (360 version that is) scanned last Thursday and it didn't qualify then (was $34.99). There were two copies at my local store. I'm sure they are gone now.

Any other drops I should be aware of? I haven't checked this thread multiple times per day as it seems I would have to to have noticed that one![/QUOTE]

It may have dropped, it may not have. YMMV "fo sho" as some would like to say. I imagine you could even find LittleBigPlanet for $5.00 at some stores, but it isn't likely.

As for World at War, I hear some stores have the game at an eligible price, others not. Sorry its not much help, but you would have to call and have it scanned.

Well, that's why I'm asking if it is a new drop because it wasn't qualifying around here last week - but things change, you know? ;). If it isn't an official drop then it is YMMV like a few others and I won't rush there to see if they are still on the shelf. Most likely they are, and they are still $34.99.

But during the summer sale there were a few notable drops that happened mid-sale and allowed those in the know to grab them before they were retagged. Gears of War 2 was the big one (and maybe Saints Row 2 also?).

[quote name='io']Well, that's why I'm asking if it is a new drop because it wasn't qualifying around here last week - but things change, you know? ;). If it isn't an official drop then it is YMMV like a few others and I won't rush there to see if they are still on the shelf. Most likely they are, and they are still $34.99.

But during the summer sale there were a few notable drops that happened mid-sale and allowed those in the know to grab them before they were retagged. Gears of War 2 was the big one (and maybe Saints Row 2 also?).[/QUOTE]

Best bet is probably to ask Scorch if Gamecrazy temporarily dropped COD:WAW, since that's how I managed to get the 5-6 copies of GOW2 for 360 over the summer as well as the Saint's Row 2 copies I picked up(2 of those)for PS3.

Maybe GC dropped the game for a week long sale.

I went to the El Cajon Blvd. store in San Diego and found them still clearing out GC games (all old sports titles) at 80% off, and nothing else for previously played games... I wasn't expecting to find a whole lot since the sale has been on for awhile but I guess I ran into a GameCrazy shelf of FAIL... so even though the actual GameCrazy store is gone at that location, I guess they still act like they have one...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Best bet is probably to ask Scorch if Gamecrazy temporarily dropped COD:WAW, since that's how I managed to get the 5-6 copies of GOW2 for 360 over the summer as well as the Saint's Row 2 copies I picked up(2 of those)for PS3.

Maybe GC dropped the game for a week long sale.[/QUOTE]

My HWV did not price match Animal Crossing which is on sale right now at 14.99 at GC and they said sales are different at both stores...

Animal Crossing didn't qualify when i checked it on Wednesday. I guess we should make a list of not qualifying games as per individual CAGers checks and then we will know better when something drops as it would be easier for super dawn or someone else to point out from that list............

List that I saw not qualifying from checking out 2-3 stores:
XBOX 360:
COD: WAW
HALO ODST

PS3:
COD 4 : MW
LittleBigPlanet
NFS Shift

WII:

i know two of those games are very new but I am just listing what I saw not qualifying.

[quote name='super_dawn']I would have said...ok well I'll go ahead and buy it...then if it rings up 29.99 you'd be able to hmm..well laugh in her face. ;) If not, then just look at your wallet and all of sudden realize you don't have enough.

It's dumb that she said come back in a "couple days"...they've actually made it WAY easier to receive product. The way hwv does things now...I probably could have checked the product, did my receiving...in less than 5 minutes for ya. No need to sticker it if you were going to buy it right then...but then again a lot of min. wage employees (high turnover as well) don't know how to ring up product without a barcode.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I probably over-reacted a bit, but the only reason I did so was because I had asked this same employee on three separate occasions if they were getting any games in and she just kept telling me to come back in a "couple days". :bomb:

Oh well...

Today I was able to pick up
MLB '09 The Show (PS3)
COD:WAW (360)
COD4: MW GOTY (360)
Midnight Club: LA (360)
The first 3 were all stickered at 34.99, but all rang up 29.99 (one of the CODs may have been 24.99). So I can verify the CODs for 360 at least should qualify.

Im pretty sure this was ask about but the thread got freaking huge here, so plz dont get mad:

I went into a store without a gamecrazy and found 2 games I would like to purchase but they didnt have the sale .. I can safely say that the crew isnt update on certain offers going on .. should I just give them the coupon code and have them look for it on the intranet? .. or is this just everyone else in the nation gets the deal but the residents of Houston, TX? heh

Cod: WAW :ps3: was still ringing up $34.99 today. Looks like my store also raised the price of Halo ODST to $49.99. It was $29.99 at the beginning of the sale.

[quote name='4tygames']Cod: WAW :ps3: was still ringing up $34.99 today. Looks like my store also raised the price of Halo ODST to $49.99. It was $29.99 at the beginning of the sale.[/QUOTE]

Wow I did not know that about ODST.

I nearly got CoD WaW :ps3: for $5 because the guy working there said it WAS $29.99... then he scanned it and it rang up as $34.99:cry:

See, now I just got back from my local HWV and was able to pick up CoD WaW (360) for $4.99. They are usually pretty on top of pricing at this store and it was still tagged $34.99. Like I said, I had it scanned last Thursday so it must have been a very recent drop.

Anyway, thanks to the discussion in here, though it were very confusing ;), I was able to get it.

Nice! A Movie Gallery I frequent must have (finally) dropped some prices this past week, because I just picked up 3 copies of Resistance 2 for $4.99. They had 5-6 copies last week, and a couple of Fallout 3's; everything except for my 3 Resistances' was gone. Also grabbed NCAA Basketball 09 to flip to a local game store, and The Simpsons Game for the Wii.

As I mentioned before... COD was qualifying for the 360 but not the ps3.

I'll try to stop by my store tomorrow or sunday to see about other price drops.

If not for this snowstorm in the Northeast tonight I'd probably be trying to figure out which MG stores by me are running this sale and trying to hit them in quick succession.

Of course by now they're probably all cleaned out.

Nah, don't be discouraged. I just went to my local HWV and found things like SF4, GoW2, Ghostbusters, and other new games. I was suprised.

I just got back from the two Hollywood Video's I visited over the summer down here in New Orleans. They didn't have anything-- literally. They were closed down. The one on Clearview had a sign in the window that said the only HWV was in Kenner, so I went to check that one out. I got there.. and the place is empty. Sign said they closed down on the 8th. Ah well. I was hoping to find some good deals.

bread's done
Back