Official Mario Strikers Charged! Discussion and FCs

In terms of the 'connecting' thing, I can tell you that I've been out of town for about a week now, so not playing Strikers may have something to do with that popping up.

Regardless, I'm going to add all of the people in the first post that I haven't already sometime this evening. *thumbs up*

Im having the most trouble with the Yoshi vs Wario challange. Played it about 20 some times now, and the most i was able to score was 4.

[quote name='io']I dunno, I must have misunderstood as I find it impossible. Something about hiding behind the goalie, but obviously I don't know the specifics of it. The goalie moves right in front of the goal so there's no way to get behind him as far as I can tell.[/quote]

As far as goalie camping, I know that it worked for me online and the other player could not get to me at all. Whenever he would try to charge into the goalie's box, I would just touch the goalie with my player which would hand the ball to the goalie who is invinceable. Then I would just pass it back to the closest player and run back into the goal. You don't have to be behind the goalie, just close enough that you can touch him if one of your opponents players tries to get to you.

I tried it offline and had problems doing it as well. The CPU seemed to be able to quickly tackle me or steal the ball while I was trying to keep close to the goalie.

It seems like it can definitely be countered, but it is not easy for an actual player. The fact that some of the top players pull this crap says something about how useful it is.

I've been out of town, but hope to add everybody who's been added to the list in the last week or so tonight.

What are the "online issues" that IGN has been complaining about? I've personally experienced lag in a handful of games, but haven't seen anything out of the ordinary.

Well i think its clear by now top players in MCS all abuse a certain move any chance they get. If they have to goalie camp for those extra 10 points and theres little to no chance to stop it, whats stopping them from doing it. Like they really care about moral victory in an online game. I bet a good handful of these players would get their ass handed to them if they played in a real live tournament.

I've started denying 3-star connections, some of the lag has been terrible. I've only had 4 or 5 4-star connections be laggy.

Well personally I have been not loving Mario Strikers like I should be. I only connected twice, but that is because in order to play I have to move my Wii and the cables around which sucks because the wireless connection on my router is fucked up. When I move in to college next friday I will be playing more regulary.

Oh and any tips for the 8th challenge (the one with yoshi), I got my ass handed to me too many times.

We finally got this game over the weekend, and from what little we've played, it's pretty fun. We're still terrible, but at least it's entertaining in the process.

My fiance made an attempt at online play, and he ended up facing rank #207. He got owned pretty badly. There was a lot of that head-bouncing passes (is that lob passing?) from the opponent, and the guy also used a lot of those electric shots that zapped our goalies.

I know I'm behind on this thread, so sorry if this has already been discussed... What rank is everybody at right now? What tactics seem to be really common online? Also, are two shots of the Megastrikes impossible to block? It seems like we could never block the last two Megastrike shots in online play...

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']
I know I'm behind on this thread, so sorry if this has already been discussed... What rank is everybody at right now? What tactics seem to be really common online? Also, are two shots of the Megastrikes impossible to block? It seems like we could never block the last two Megastrike shots in online play...[/QUOTE]

Due to lag I only ever seem to be able to block the first megastrike shot in online play, and yet can almost always block them all when playing the CPU. I'm talking "slow" shots in each case. Last time I played the guy seemed aware of this as he would do the quickest, easiest megastrikes by finishing it off as fast as he could so it was only 4 shots without being in the green or red. I'd have no problem with those offline, but online is a different matter.

Lebowsky - gotcha, that's what I ended up doing in my offline match (against the CPU). Worked except for the one time I toad jumped into my own goal (trying to get behind the goalie :lol:). Otherwise I just stuck near him and had to pass quite a bit. I was able to use it sucessfully in one of the challenges once I got the lead - killed about 40 seconds or so that way. The CPU only went after me every 10-15 seconds.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']We finally got this game over the weekend, and from what little we've played, it's pretty fun. We're still terrible, but at least it's entertaining in the process.

My fiance made an attempt at online play, and he ended up facing rank #207. He got owned pretty badly. There was a lot of that head-bouncing passes (is that lob passing?) from the opponent, and the guy also used a lot of those electric shots that zapped our goalies.

I know I'm behind on this thread, so sorry if this has already been discussed... What rank is everybody at right now? What tactics seem to be really common online? Also, are two shots of the Megastrikes impossible to block? It seems like we could never block the last two Megastrike shots in online play...[/quote]

Lets see, those head-bouncing passes you are referring are most likely Lob passes. If circles appear on the floor, then they definitly are. The electric shots are drybone's skillshot.

Megastikes shots are not impossible to block, but it can be a bit difficult online when theres alot of lag.

As for common online tatics i see (from higher ranked players)
boo/toad/drybone deke
hammer spam (which i notice is starting to die down)
massive lobbing
goalie camping

One tatic which this one guy used against me was pretty unique. He dekes with diddy right into my goalie on purpose, in the middle of the deke, he passes the ball quickly to another guy who gets an easy score on the occupied goalie.

[quote name='io']Due to lag I only ever seem to be able to block the first megastrike shot in online play, and yet can almost always block them all when playing the CPU. I'm talking "slow" shots in each case. Last time I played the guy seemed aware of this as he would do the quickest, easiest megastrikes by finishing it off as fast as he could so it was only 4 shots without being in the green or red. I'd have no problem with those offline, but online is a different matter.[/QUOTE]Yeah, that's another thing I noticed, the whole quickie megastrike thing. Is it because of the lag? We have a 4-star connection, so I'd hope this isn't the case. But yeah, offline the Megastrikes are totally manageable for us also.

It's really annoying to miss slow shot megastrikes online, because I can block every single one against the CPU, even the green ones (orange not so much). I barely ever megastrike online.

I do love Diddy's special though. Saved me a few times. Although I've also sabotaged myself with it.

I never have problems with the mega strikes, I can usually block them all pretty well. Even when it's in the orange and is a 4 shot... but when it's a 6 shot I'll usually miss one or two.

I'm pretty good at deking over the goalie, but I only do that shit when someone starts doing it to me. And in that case, I start tormenting them by letting the replays run all the way through, and hold the ball with the goalie as long as possible. :evil:

I never let replays run, but if some dude lets his replays run I always make sure to let all of my replays run the full length.

[quote name='KhaosX']Im having the most trouble with the Yoshi vs Wario challange. Played it about 20 some times now, and the most i was able to score was 4.[/QUOTE]

Hey Khaos - I posted this back about 8 or 9 pages ago - this may or may not help you with the challenge:

I know that this was a couple pages back, but I had the some problem with Challenge 8 and just beat it tonight.

On strategy I used was, whenever I had the ball at kick-off, I went 45 degrees southeast and then went to the bottom of the screen on the half line. Usually Wario is the only defender on you and will allow you to take a four megastrike shot (sometimes five if he stops in his tracks completely before you start the megastrike). Since it takes a while for the Dry Bones to get to you from their position guarding the other players, you have the time for the quick megastrike.

Also, I lob passed a ton and seemed to get items quicker that way, especially when I was passing a fully charged ball.

After you score on Wario, just wait for him to deke and then steal and go into the egg (the ball stays with you) and head back to the bottom off the half line and when the dry bones are a 1/4 screen away or flattened go for the megastrike or just use the star into the m.s.

I've also heard a fully charged ball from the bottom of the imaginary quarterline (the line between the half and the goal) gets past Kritter regularly.

I hope that helps - good luck!

[quote name='Rocko']I never let replays run, but if some dude lets his replays run I always make sure to let all of my replays run the full length.[/quote]
Yea, I'm the same way. :lol:

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

Ok so i was organizing data between some Wii's and appariently i didnt know moving and copying data from SD cards would kill off your online Mii status/FC/friend list and all that jazz. With that said, my FC is different now and i have to re-add all of you guys again and vice versa.

My new FC is : 472554 362088

And now, back to the tedious process of re-adding everyone...
Sorry folks, wont happen again:bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='KhaosX']fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

Ok so i was organizing data between some Wii's and appariently i didnt know moving and copying data from SD cards would kill off your online Mii status/FC/friend list and all that jazz. With that said, my FC is different now and i have to re-add all of you guys again and vice versa.

Sorry folks, wont happen again:bomb::bomb::bomb:[/quote]

That sucks, I'll delete and add your new code right now.

Yea we should put that as a warning or something in the OP for any future reference... Anyways ill be playing a few ranks now, if anyone wants to play let me know

[quote name='yukine']I'm pretty good at deking over the goalie, but I only do that shit when someone starts doing it to me. And in that case, I start tormenting them by letting the replays run all the way through, and hold the ball with the goalie as long as possible. :evil:[/quote]

Heh, same idea for me. I won't do certain things until its done against me. I won't do a Mega Strike unless the other person does it, I won't Hammerspam unless someone starts doing cheap shit against me.

Obviously, I need to go practice goalie dekeing, because that's impossible with my sidekicks. :D

I have no qualms about using Hammer Bros or Megastriking first, but opportunities to do so are few and far between, so I don't usually do it much.

Sorry folks, wont happen again:bomb::bomb::bomb:[/quote]

I would really like to know exactly what you did to cause that to happen. I copied my Mii to my Wiimote (via the Mii Channel) and I plan on using it at a friends house. If I jacked up my Strikers info because of that, I'm going to be pissed.

It sounds like you were copying actual data, but I still don't understand how your data was deleted.

[quote name='yukine']I didn't think it was possible, but you're even better than before Si.[/quote]

yukine vs Si
0 - 7
0 - 3

LOL sorry, I think my aggressive game has improved somewhat but my defense still blows. I did one tiny swap in sidekicks and wow what a difference it made. (I used to have Dry Bones up front but now Shy Guy is there and DB is in back) He has the speed and the defensive power to get back or up front if need be, and having Shy Guy up there is like having another Mario, he can score or set up Birdo.

[quote name='lebowsky']I would really like to know exactly what you did to cause that to happen. I copied my Mii to my Wiimote (via the Mii Channel) and I plan on using it at a friends house. If I jacked up my Strikers info because of that, I'm going to be pissed.

It sounds like you were copying actual data, but I still don't understand how your data was deleted.[/quote]
Yes i was copying actual data. My friend just got the game and he was to lazy to unlock the contents. Me having already beaten crystal cup and the challenges up til Yoshi vs Wario, I decided to copy my data on an SD card to transfer over to his. While at his place, after a few hours i finally beat strikers cup (damn that shit is insane, took me 3 tries). I copied the data back onto my SD card, and brought it home since i didnt want to go through that tedious strikers cup tourny. Lo and behold, my Mii's online data was all gone.

Side note: Petey Piranha is insane! Even with low speed, with his size and defensive stat, if he tackle spams, he can catch up to any speed character on the run.

Edit: Copying a Mii shouldnt kill your online data, only moving the actual game data. I should have researched it earlier before i did it. Lesson learned, NEVER help a friend.

By the way, this all makes a bit of sense now. This shows your online data is saved on your system and isnt server side (with the exception of top scorer). Since i dont keep my wiiconnect24 on all the time, i can only register people when i see them online myself. I recken people with wiiconnect24 have plenty registered, while the ones who dont have very few?

[quote name='Legendaryhedgehog06']yukine vs Si
0 - 7
0 - 3

LOL sorry, I think my aggressive game has improved somewhat but my defense still blows. I did one tiny swap in sidekicks and wow what a difference it made. (I used to have Dry Bones up front but now Shy Guy is there and DB is in back) He has the speed and the defensive power to get back or up front if need be, and having Shy Guy up there is like having another Mario, he can score or set up Birdo.[/quote]

That wasn't a tournament game, you didn't have to post the scores asshole. :lol:

I've always used DB in the back, and have been experimenting with who I like in the front... been using birdo and tried a few others but have now been using Shy Guy because of you.

[quote name='KhaosX']By the way, this all makes a bit of sense now. This shows your online data is saved on your system and isnt server side (with the exception of top scorer). Since i dont keep my wiiconnect24 on all the time, i can only register people when i see them online myself. I recken people with wiiconnect24 have plenty registered, while the ones who dont have very few?[/quote]

Well that really sucks that the data is stored offline. I was hoping that the friends list that is tied to your Mii could be carried over to other online games since I assumed it was stored online. Looks like separate friend codes for each game is pretty much confirmed.

[quote name='lebowsky']Well that really sucks that the data is stored offline. I was hoping that the friends list that is tied to your Mii could be carried over to other online games since I assumed it was stored online. Looks like separate friend codes for each game is pretty much confirmed.
[/quote]I'm not sure how this says anything one way or another. The fact that things are saved locally (i.e. deleting your Mii will wipe out your Strikers records) seems to make it more likely that future online games could be tied to your Mii, and thereby to the same friend code. But that doesn't mean they will. The friend list and all that stuff is implemented in-game, so I wouldn't imagine that would carry over.

I dont think the same FC can be used. The FC is generated as a new Mii goes online, and then that data is stored on your save data, no the Mii itself. Im using the exact same Mii as before, so when i deleted my first record, the FC/online data went along with it, and now it treats my Mii as a completely new online entry.

Sorry folks, wont happen again:bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

So I'm deleting your old name and just adding this? Make sure you add me back :D lol

Hilarious... i just fought against 3 people online with a$ as their tag. I beat all three of them. The 3rd one takes the cake though, he was a hammer spammer, a replay watcher, AND a disconnector. Disconnected right when his last second hammer skillshot didnt make it in intime to tie up the game.

Anywho i added you all back, now i just gotta wait to see you guys online at the same time.

Si HAS gotten really good. A week ago it was honestly almost neck and neck. I took the week off and finally played him today and he crushed me. I guess I didn't realize how well the mid level players can shoot (Mario and Shyguy). Might have to adjust my team accordingly if I ever want a chance.

Btw scores were something like this:

4 - 0
6 - 2

Tournament Match
Legendaryhedgehog06 (Si) vs mpj31 (Koopa)

Game 1
Si: 3 - Koopa: 0
Game 2
Si: 6 - Koopa: 2

Winner: Legendaryhedgehog06 (Si)
Good games d00d:applause:. You've gotten a lot better. Damn I still don't know how to nail that mid air lob steal that you were running all over my ass with.

We had another game afterwards just for the hell of it. Damn the 2nd game was nuts. for about a minute the ball stayed white and we were just stealing, passing, taking shots non stop it was nuts.
In the end I won 8-2 and in the mother of all down to the wire matches 4-3. Great games man that was the most fun I've had with this game for a while.

I can say I've improved intercepting the ball. I used to just wildly just press A which works, but now I actually try to use one of my faster players to do it under control.

[quote name='mpj31']I can say I've improved intercepting the ball. I used to just wildly just press A which works, but now I actually try to use one of my faster players to do it under control.[/QUOTE]

Wait, you can press 'A' to steal the ball? I thought that switched characers?

And all this talk of stealing lobbed passes? Hell, I can't even figure out how to stop the CPU from twirling with Birdo and making shots. And it seems every time I get a star I get tackled instantly by the CPU yet when the CPU gets it they can run all over and get megastrikes while knocking all my tacklers unconscious.

You people have progressed so far beyond me it isn't even funny. I don't even want to play online any more :lol:.

When they've got Birdo, I get close to act like I'm coming in, then back off when they twirl. There's a period after twirling where you can get in and steal, but they can't move. Same with Hammer Bros. deke. Both are all about timing.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

...sorry, just had to vent.

So I played the Crystal Cup again tonight and breezed through the qualifiers. I think I was 9-0-1. I beat the two challengers pretty easily (though one was close at 3-2). Then I got to Diddy (yet again). In the first game I surprised myself and scored first. So I decided to goalie camp. Pretty boring, but it did the job and I won 1-0. In the second game I scored again, but even faster this time. So I goalie camped and goalie camped and goalie camped. With about 6 seconds left I thought I'd run out a little just for variety. Bad move. His Koopa nails me into the wall, steals the ball, charges up a shot and electrifies the goalie then hits it in on the rebound with all of 2 seconds left. Meanwhile my other character is completely useless being all the way across the field (it was 2-on-2). Then he got one of those cheap-ass dry bones goals in overtime. That shit is just outrageous. I've never really played with or against the Dry Bones that much. But I swear he did his deke move from at least 4 goalie body-widths from the goalie and just teleported into the damn goal. That is ridiculous. And the ball wasn't charged up either. Can you do this every fucking time with him? It looks like it requires no skill whatsoever, unlike Toad jumping (which is how I scored my goal in the first game). Then I lost the 3rd game on two more of those shots. I kept Diddy from doing anything but those damn Dry Bones did me in.

fuck fuck fuck

Now I have to start all over for, like, the 6th time... And I was SO DAMN CLOSE!

Damn, that sucks io.

I beat the Crystal Cup with no losses, and with the golden foot and brick wall awards. By
repeatedly jumping over the goalie with toad.
Is it cheap? Yes... but I was playing legit until the computer did the same exact move on me. ;)

[quote name='yukine']Damn, that sucks io.

I beat the Crystal Cup with no losses, and with the golden foot and brick wall awards. By
repeatedly jumping over the goalie with toad.
Is it cheap? Yes... but I was playing legit until the computer did the same exact move on me. ;)[/QUOTE]

How do you stop Diddy's Dry Bones dekes though? I mean when it is only 2-on-2 or 3-on-3 and he's all alone, there isn't much you can do.

I've NEVER seen the computer
toad jump
. That's what I did to get the goal in the first game and I did it occasionally during the qualifiers. But it only works about 1 out of 5 times for me, so I don't like to do it too much. I'm better at lob passing between Luigi and my two Toad forwards and getting easy goals that way. At least until I run up against a team of thugs. A couple of the qualifying matches were like that. I never really noticed the different strategy the CPU uses so much before - some teams tackle constantly so I had to try to make good use of the items, which I find difficult. Also, when I played Diddy I noticed he was stealing my lobs mid-air. How the fuck does he do that?

Well, got through the Crystal qualifiers 10-0 easily and got the Brick Wall and Golden Foot. Beat the first qualifier, somewhat challenging. Got the final qualifier and the final match to do now.

Beat the final qualifier. Beat Diddy Kong 5-1 in game 1, 5-4 in overtime of game 2 (only 4 seconds over). He didn't try to Dry Bones deke me once.

[quote name='yukine']Yeah, I didn't get any DB dekes... so YMMV?[/QUOTE]

Dammit, that's like all he did to me :bomb:.

Alright, I was lax in my duty yesterday - the deadline has arrived for round 2 - we still have 3 matches that have not been completed. If you are part of those three matches, and you have been unable to contact your opponent, let me know and I will forfeit in your direction. If you've just completely forgotten, you've got a day to get a match together or I'll have to randomly forfeit one of the parties or something, or I may have to give the 3rd round opponents a bye into the semi-finals.

konicki465 (konicki465) vs. js1 (js1)
CouRageous (Johnathan) vs. ep2011 (Eric)
trip1ex (Dad) vs. seanr1221 (Sean)

[quote name='botticus']Alright, I was lax in my duty yesterday - the deadline has arrived for round 2 - we still have 3 matches that have not been completed. If you are part of those three matches, and you have been unable to contact your opponent, let me know and I will forfeit in your direction. If you've just completely forgotten, you've got a day to get a match together or I'll have to randomly forfeit one of the parties or something, or I may have to give the 3rd round opponents a bye into the semi-finals.

konicki465 (konicki465) vs. js1 (js1)
CouRageous (Johnathan) vs. ep2011 (Eric)
trip1ex (Dad) vs. seanr1221 (Sean)[/quote]

I messaged CouRageous awhile ago about when we should match, and he said he was busy... I don't know now though, he never replied saying he wasn't busy. I'll message him again.

Well I brought Strikers over to my friends house last night along with my Mii. Of course my stats were not brought over with the Mii (after hearing that the friends list is saved locally I didn't think it would anyway).

I would have been really nice if you could just port your Mii from one Wii to another and have WFC recognize it and pull down your friends list and stats. Oh well.

[quote name='lebowsky']Well I brought Strikers over to my friends house last night along with my Mii. Of course my stats were not brought over with the Mii (after hearing that the friends list is saved locally I didn't think it would anyway).[/QUOTE]

Did you store your Mii into the Wiimote before or after your used the Mii to play (and have data saved from) Mario Strikers?

I wonder if it's just a problem of the Mii on your Wiimote is not the most recent data for that Mii.

The online record is on the game data while tied to the mii and not on the Mii itself. If it was on the Mii itself, then i shouldnt have had the problem of my record getting deleted when i didnt even touch my Mii.

bread's done
Back