Official Mass Effect: Andromeda Discussion (Hype/Speculation/Anticipation)

I'm on PS4 and playing on gold mostly with friends. I love using my human infiltrator and novaguard, but mostly trying to level up kits. Hoping to get the Human Kineticist soon. :pray:

This is out already, news to me. Anyone grab it?
Yup, I have a Krogan Gladiator. Super fun to play with. Can't wait to level up and start getting some serious annihilation damage rolling while smashing things in the face with my hammer.

My Xbox gamertag is the same as my username if anyone needs a fourth on their team.

Got my first planet up to 100% viability!  Still have a few more worlds to go though.

Any of you guys been having issues with the Fastball achievement?  I've been playing on PS4 and must have done the requirements at least 50 times and it still hasn't unlocked.

I'm on PS4 and playing on gold mostly with friends. I love using my human infiltrator and novaguard, but mostly trying to level up kits. Hoping to get the Human Kineticist soon. :pray:
I want the Human Kineticist too. Dropped I think $40 on Andromeda points and no luck so far.

Lol, you rich people.

I've been opening up the basics packs with the currency earned from doing matches so far. I think I did the one above that, 20K, about 2 times too. I'm not paying for that shit lol.

Lol, you rich people.

I've been opening up the basics packs with the currency earned from doing matches so far. I think I did the one above that, 20K, about 2 times too. I'm not paying for that shit lol.
I'm far from rich, but I'm a sucker for Mass Effect and willing to drop $$$ on it relentlessly.

I've been rationalizing the f-ck outta that $40 too... like "I won't eat fast food for 2 weeks" and "Let me stop going out to party so much"

Has anyone encountered problems while playing the Multiplayer? I got kicked out of 4 consecutive matches (in one match I was kicked out wih 10 seconds til extraction). 

And when I try to assign a team to do the "Drack's Missing Scouts" APEX mission, it automatically says I lost connection to the network. I can't even assign a team to that mission on my phone (it says "squad already on mission" when they clearly are not).

Is this a problem on my end? Because I see other people playing online and its making me fucking pissed. 

need more friends for this addictive multiplayer grind, please send help :)
Sorry I didn't play with you guys the other night. I love the MP and have been playing it exclusively. When you invited me I literally had just finally booted up the campaign for the first time.

In regards to MP I have ... a lot. I spend a good chunk of change right at the onset and have been playing a poop ton.

If you guys have the Equalizer unlocked and aren't using it as one of your main weapons then you are doing something wrong haha. Unless you are strictly staying back and not never even in medium range I HIGHLY recommend you main that pistol as soon as you unlock it.

Of all the Ultra Rares so far (characters) I am liking the Angara the most. Easily dominate each match with him. I have noticed that with the Human Kineticist it randomly will bug and not let me go into the Ascended state for an entire match. Definitely makes playing as her pretty lame. Not sure if anyone else has experienced that (or even has her I guess but yeah).

Has anyone encountered problems while playing the Multiplayer? I got kicked out of 4 consecutive matches (in one match I was kicked out wih 10 seconds til extraction).
Unless the game crashed or lost connection, people can kick you during the game.

In regards to MP I have ... a lot. I spend a good chunk of change right at the onset and have been playing a poop ton.

If you guys have the Equalizer unlocked and aren't using it as one of your main weapons then you are doing something wrong haha. Unless you are strictly staying back and not never even in medium range I HIGHLY recommend you main that pistol as soon as you unlock it.

Human Kineticist it randomly will bug and not let me go into the Ascended state for an entire match. Definitely makes playing as her pretty lame. Not sure if anyone else has experienced that (or even has her I guess but yeah).
I maxed out my ME3 manifest without spending anything so I look forward to do the same with Andromeda. It is tempting though. ;)

I like the Equalizer, but I only find it useful with a kit that has turbocharge on it. As for the Human Kineticist bug, a lot of people are reporting that issue occurs whenever going against the [customspoiler='faction']Remnants[/customspoiler]. The others are fine though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I beat the campaign just recently with 96% completion. I won't post my opinion on it as it's largely negative and would turn into a long hateful rant because of how much bullshit I experienced. However I do want to offer two bits of advice. If someone here is reading this and hasn't bought it yet, please wait for patches to fix the bugs unless you're buying this strictly for multiplayer. And if you are playing the campaign, manually save on a regular basis with at least a few saves, if not each one unique instead of overwriting. I'll give two examples why:

I was going one of the Vetra quests and had completed it. Just finished the final dialogue and the game went into loading. Hit an infinite loading screen. Ok, killed the game and relaunched as it's not my first infinite loading screen. First auto-save? Infinite loading. Second auto-save? Infinite loading. Third auto-save? Infinite loading? Fourth auto-save? Stuck in a tiny room where the doors won't open. Final auto-save? Thankfully worked.

Second example is one of Peebee's missions. In one part of it you can potentially have two routes to take. If you take the left route, the quest fails to trigger completion of the objective, but acts like it has by adding in the next objective even though the one you just "completed" is still there. Take the right path and it completes just fine. I tried everything I could to complete/advance the quest by talking to Peebee after finishing all the other objectives among other things. Nothing worked and had to reload a manual save which lost me about 3 hours of work because I forgot to manually save a few times that I should have.

I played on the PS4, but I know PC also has many of the issues I experienced. I can't say Xbox has the same or everybody on whatever platform is going to get them, but you really need to make sure to manually save on a regular basis regardless. The campaign is the buggiest game I've played in a very long time from my experience, which includes Bethesda and their terrible engine.

I only read bits and pieces of what you post but they remind me of the bugs in ME1. I got a game save bug that made all my progess worthless and it was really hard to get back into ME1 after all the hours I spent exploring the planets, and we all know how crappy that was in ME1.

So far I like ME:A, there are some flaws but nothing that is too big for me, plus I never played Witcher 3 yet. I heard, The Witcher 3, just set the bar high and pretty much every game is compared to it.

There are also a lot of rumors that this game went through a lot of development trouble which is probably true but I'm very confident the next game in the series is going to be a huge improvement because of the foundation is already there. Just like ME1, a lot of great things in it but it was flawed, and ME:2 corrected those issues.

Dang, that's rough to hear about all the quest bugs. I feel like I've been lucky so far but I guess it's time to start making a lot more saves.

I think I'm going to respec my Infiltrator Ryder to be a biotic. I'm just not feeling the tech playstyle in this game as much as in the previous ones.

I may be joining the MP ranks as early as tonight if I can find a decent deal on this locally.

Any advice on what not to do early on in MP?

Thanks in advance.

The advice I've read is that it's better early on to buy more of the 5000 packs than to try and save up for the expensive packs. I've been buying a mix of the 5000 and 20000 packs.

The advice I've read is that it's better early on to buy more of the 5000 packs than to try and save up for the expensive packs. I've been buying a mix of the 5000 and 20000 packs.
The idea is to max out your common/uncommon items/toons so that when you buy the other bigger packs they have even better chances of being Rare/Ultra rare since it presumably does not give duplicates of maxed out items.

I learned my lesson in Fallout 3, yeah I always manually save, a lot.
It's something I've known and practiced for a long, long time as well. However sometimes I do forget to manually save. I just wanted to make sure to drive the point home as the game does use auto-saves and many people like to rely on that.

I think my Pathfinder Guide set is being shipped out, as it appears to be Preparing on Amazon.

I dabbled a little in MP last night, did part of the tutorial. 

The idea is to max out your common/uncommon items/toons so that when you buy the other bigger packs they have even better chances of being Rare/Ultra rare since it presumably does not give duplicates of maxed out items.
Does it actually work like that?

For example, Overwatch will happily give you duplicate results and just give you currency for it. Meanwhile, something like Fallout Shelter will avoid giving you duplicates in the same tier until you earn everything in that tier, then will starting giving duplicates that auto-convert to currency instead of a higher tier.

It's something I've known and practiced for a long, long time as well. However sometimes I do forget to manually save. I just wanted to make sure to drive the point home as the game does use auto-saves and many people like to rely on that.
Never, ever rely on auto-saves. Save repeatedly and often, in case one gets corrupted. Assuming it's like DA: I, I think there's 50 save slots you can use.

Each pack has a guaranteed tier. The reason why people mention to purchase basic/advanced is to build yourself a nice foundation of characters, weapons, mods, and consumables to take into higher tiers.

Does it actually work like that?

For example, Overwatch will happily give you duplicate results and just give you currency for it. Meanwhile, something like Fallout Shelter will avoid giving you duplicates in the same tier until you earn everything in that tier, then will starting giving duplicates that auto-convert to currency instead of a higher tier.
From what I have read it apparently does stop giving you duplicates once you have maxed them. The game being so new however I wouldn't necessarily trust that as fact as it has just been rumblings here and there on various websites, nothing official.

Like you said Overwatch and games like it turn your duplicates into currency. I have not heard anything about duplicates being turned to currency so I would wager it is because they don't give you them once they are maxed? (or again because the game is like a week old haha but I am sure there is someone who knows because they already have nearly everything.. o_O)

I personally have only bought the higher tier boxes myself anyway haha though I feel like I have convinced my own self to start just buying the cheaper ones. : P

*edit*

Dug a bit deeper. PC Gamer says the following in one of their articles:

How to spend your currency

Stick with Basic packs until both your starting Common weapons and classes reach rank 10. You’ll see immediate benefits: each increasing class rank bestows a higher base skill point allotment to further augment your powers on a fresh character. Weapon stats will become better tuned for damage and weight efficiency. Most importantly, fully maxing your Common inventory removes their inclusion in future pack loot tables, increasing your chances of getting better gear from the more expensive packs.

After you’ve begun dipping into Silver matches, start buying Advanced packs to round out your Uncommon quality items and classes. Ideally, you want to mirror the same max-rank end-goal as you met for your Common stuff, but this is where the grind turns heavy; be patient and make sure to get your Apex dailies done for fat Credit bonuses. Once you hit rank 10 for your roster and armaments, you’re primed for the high-damage and high-reward big leagues.

Lastly, skip the Expert packs and go straight for the juicier Premium packs. For double the Credit price, you get a better chance at coveted Ultra-Rare unlocks alongside the two guaranteed and powerful Rare items. At this point, your class stable should be bristling with power and gear, and you shouldn’t have much trouble acing numerous Silver and Gold matches to dump Tempest-loads of Credits into your wallet. Continue using your excess Credits on Premium packs to hunt after specific weapons to your liking—some popular picks include the Mattock assault rifle, Equalizer pistol, Raptor sniper rifle, or Scattershot shotgun.

source: http://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-multiplayer-loot-boxes-supply-boxes/

Again that isn't fact but it sounds good to me hah

From what I have read it apparently does stop giving you duplicates once you have maxed them. The game being so new however I wouldn't necessarily trust that as fact as it has just been rumblings here and there on various websites, nothing official.

Like you said Overwatch and games like it turn your duplicates into currency. I have not heard anything about duplicates being turned to currency so I would wager it is because they don't give you them once they are maxed? (or again because the game is like a week old haha but I am sure there is someone who knows because they already have nearly everything.. o_O)

I personally have only bought the higher tier boxes myself anyway haha though I feel like I have convinced my own self to start just buying the cheaper ones. : P

*edit*

Dug a bit deeper. PC Gamer says the following in one of their articles:

How to spend your currency

Stick with Basic packs until both your starting Common weapons and classes reach rank 10. You’ll see immediate benefits: each increasing class rank bestows a higher base skill point allotment to further augment your powers on a fresh character. Weapon stats will become better tuned for damage and weight efficiency. Most importantly, fully maxing your Common inventory removes their inclusion in future pack loot tables, increasing your chances of getting better gear from the more expensive packs.

After you’ve begun dipping into Silver matches, start buying Advanced packs to round out your Uncommon quality items and classes. Ideally, you want to mirror the same max-rank end-goal as you met for your Common stuff, but this is where the grind turns heavy; be patient and make sure to get your Apex dailies done for fat Credit bonuses. Once you hit rank 10 for your roster and armaments, you’re primed for the high-damage and high-reward big leagues.

Lastly, skip the Expert packs and go straight for the juicier Premium packs. For double the Credit price, you get a better chance at coveted Ultra-Rare unlocks alongside the two guaranteed and powerful Rare items. At this point, your class stable should be bristling with power and gear, and you shouldn’t have much trouble acing numerous Silver and Gold matches to dump Tempest-loads of Credits into your wallet. Continue using your excess Credits on Premium packs to hunt after specific weapons to your liking—some popular picks include the Mattock assault rifle, Equalizer pistol, Raptor sniper rifle, or Scattershot shotgun.

source: http://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-multiplayer-loot-boxes-supply-boxes/

Again that isn't fact but it sounds good to me hah
Can confirm you don't get duplicates

I've maxed out all my commons and most of my uncommons - basic packs are an overpriced supply pack to me at this point since that's all I get.

Also it's good to buy loads of basics because you can get the +consumable upgrades (missiles, revives) from these along the way

Yeah...so I thought for some reason taking cover had a button associated w/it. Wow, I looked like such a newb running around and jumping like I was some kid playing Halo for the first time.

My deluxe edition package netted me a a Turian Havoc Trooper (and an Asari adept). I gotta say, I'm having a lot of fun with him/her...might need another few MP matches to completely assimilate to the ME:A controls but by the last two matches I was hopping in the air, hovering and raining fire from above.

Going to read up on possible paths, the whole idea of hovering and flight being the main source of your damage mitigation seems cool but also seems really bad for gold+ difficulty if I remember how it was in ME:3.

Still on bronze though. I'll be on after 10pm EST for those who still have me on their FL.

They really need to nerf those spinning orb enemies in campaign. I get that it's a boss, but that orb has 10x as much HP as any other enemy, and you have to kill it 3-4 times to beat the boss.

They really need to nerf those spinning orb enemies in campaign. I get that it's a boss, but that orb has 10x as much HP as any other enemy, and you have to kill it 3-4 times to beat the boss.
Yeah, and they should really add some checkpoints for bosses with multiple "phases". Really annoying to get them down to a sliver of health, get a cheap one-hit death and then have to replay the entire fight.

Going to read up on possible paths, the whole idea of hovering and flight being the main source of your damage mitigation seems cool but also seems really bad for gold+ difficulty if I remember how it was in ME:3.
It's gold viable and it helps to take Flak Cannon rank 5 stun to help with hovering. It's best to skip incinerate since her passives don't support it. However, you can self-detonate your own combos if you make incinerate a detonator at rank 6 and apply ammo consumables.

Currently, all my commons, uncommons, and rare characters are maxed. I have rare mods and a couple rare weapons to raise to level X. Plus, the grind that is the UR pool. :wall:

I'm still trying to get visually adjusted to the game play. The Turian's top heavy body due to her armor makes me cringe because I'm weening myself off Division, Witcher 3, & For Honor.

Because I saw the respec feature I just spread my points out evenly, though I didn't put any into Flak Cannon yet and likely won't this 1st run. Maybe if Flak Cannon didn't need power cells I'd instinctively put points into that instead. The idea of self detonating your own combos sounds great...I use the cobra RPG every time I see that atlas mech, especially since the packs seem to love giving me cobra ammo all the time.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I want to utilize the unique hover ability or just go w/raw passives.

It's good to know s/he's Gold viable, but I'll probably be playing bronze & silver for a while as my play time is limited to and hour or two a night.

When I play multiplayer, the game usually crashes around Wave 6 or 7. It is so frustrating and I hope it gets patched soon.

6 out of my last 7 multiplayer matches have failed.

I'm 2 for 7 I think for crashes last night.

One match I joined and it was wave 7, we extracted just as my character loaded and I got my bearings. I said...wait, what? I forgot you can join a match already in progress.

Ended up getting the Angara Duelist and Human Kineticist. Started having a lot more fun at that point. Still need to figure out the flow of the latter, but Angara feels nice from a mobility standpoint so far.

Ended up getting the Angara Duelist and Human Kineticist. Started having a lot more fun at that point. Still need to figure out the flow of the latter, but Angara feels nice from a mobility standpoint so far.
For all the raids & farmings we've done, I find out now you're an artist because I clicked on a link?

Are you having fun with the Human Kineticist? I DESPERATELY want that class.

Haven't gotten to them in campaign but I did play them in multiplayer, a pain. You gotta love that first contact you have with an unknown enemy in multiplayer and you're ahh ok how do I hurt this thing. You figure it out and go aaahhooohh, I'm an idiot. :rofl:

Yeah, and they should really add some checkpoints for bosses with multiple "phases". Really annoying to get them down to a sliver of health, get a cheap one-hit death and then have to replay the entire fight.
Yeah ahh man, thinks back to fighting the Thorian in ME1 on Insanity, shudder. :wall:

I encountered one of those in the campaign for the first time the other night. At first I thought, "Hey, cool, I saw this in MP. Just shoot the orb." 10 minutes later I was bored. Those things do have too much health and it just became a game of run to the other side of the room, snipe the orb, hit the kett floater with a combo, relocate and repeat. It just dragged on forever.

I encountered one of those in the campaign for the first time the other night. At first I thought, "Hey, cool, I saw this in MP. Just shoot the orb." 10 minutes later I was bored. Those things do have too much health and it just became a game of run to the other side of the room, snipe the orb, hit the kett floater with a combo, relocate and repeat. It just dragged on forever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Q7b-vHY3Q

(tips his hat to gotdott for the silver tour)

Yeah, human vanguard is pretty strong...where as Havoc Trooper, I have no idea what's going on in a map that has a ceiling. Firebase Sandstorm though is great. I think it's time to re-evaluate and respec the trooper, or just start playing the Krogan Merc I pulled from the last pack I bought last night.

I should be on around the same time tonight for more MP.

(tips his hat to gotdott for the silver tour)

Yeah, human vanguard is pretty strong...where as Havoc Trooper, I have no idea what's going on in a map that has a ceiling. Firebase Sandstorm though is great. I think it's time to re-evaluate and respec the trooper, or just start playing the Krogan Merc I pulled from the last pack I bought last night.

I should be on around the same time tonight for more MP.
apparently my friend fell asleep on me

maybe some gold tonight?? ;)

bread's done
Back