Official NBA (National Basketball Assoc.) Discussion Topic!

Andre got screwed. I was out last night at a party and TiVo'D the Dunk Contest. Watched it just now, are you joking me? I love Nate Rob as much as the next guy but damn he got what? 14 chances for 2 dunks? it's ridiculous.

And that A.I. to A.I. dunk behind the back-board is one of the best dunks i've ever seen. The dude had to duck his HEAD under the backboard.

I don't know why, but this dunk contest was aiite to me. Started out slow, seemed to me that the Warrick guy was there to waste time. And Josh Smith wins Idiot of the Year award for that tape shit.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Steve Franchise has been traded to the crappy knicks!
This looks to be the only blockbuster trade this season.
Now the knicks add another selfish pg that will piss of Larry Brown and lose a decent SF. Losing the penny contract only seems to bring more problems.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2339941[/quote] The Knicks prove that besides them, Celtics, and T'Wolves they have no idea where there going.

So, my Golden State Warrior's season is over. Mike Dunleavy, Mike Montgomerey, Adonal Foyle, Chris Mullin, a big a fuck you.

12 Seasons + No Postseason = No Hope.

[quote name='ph33r m3']So, my Golden State Warrior's season is over. Mike Dunleavy, Mike Montgomerey, Adonal Foyle, Chris Mullin, a big a fuck you.

12 Seasons + No Postseason = No Hope.[/QUOTE]

Common buddy you don't have as bad as my Knicks. We are terrible and have no chance of getting better anytime soon.

[quote name='kill3r7']Common buddy you don't have as bad as my Knicks. We are terrible and have no chance of getting better anytime soon.[/quote]

No we have it worse. You guys made the playoffs a couple years ago, try 12 years.

I remember 2 years ago, in Sports Illustrated they had an article on J.J. Reddick, he gets it tough. At our summer Nike basketball program we played high school vs college, even then some idiots still yelled at the guy. Gotta love his shot though, always cash.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I don't understand why so many people don't like Redick. I am not a Duke fan, but I just don't get it.[/quote]

Well here's some reasons:

People hate Duke

Reddick is Duke's top Player

Opponent fans hate him because he always hit's that killer 3

When he began his career he was the cocky kid that hit free throws while smiling.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I don't understand why so many people don't like Redick. I am not a Duke fan, but I just don't get it.[/quote]

I hated him because I haven't watched him play much this season, but from what I've seen in the past he was cocky, arrogant and just plain annoying. The article touches on that, as well as, the whole aspect of him being a 6'4 white guy, and people like myself say "If he could do that, then so could I" and hate that he's there and we're not. Unfortunately, I lacked the commitment in high school, and couldn't get myself into the weight room. While I fairly certain I could've played division 1 basketball, I certainly won't entertain the fantasy that I could've been as good as Redick. I digress though, the point is people can relate to JJ easier, and for some reason that makes him easier to hate. That article made me realize that I was guilty of that, and thus I said I no longer hate JJ Redick.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Well here's some reasons:

People hate Duke

Reddick is Duke's top Player

Opponent fans hate him because he always hit's that killer 3

When he began his career he was the cocky kid that hit free throws while smiling.[/quote]

I must disagree with you here though. Redick is one hell of a scorer, but I think Sheldon Williams is a better player, and will find more success in the NBA.

I am still trying to figure out what the hell the Knicks (Isiah Thomas) is doing. Larry Brown probably wishes he never left the Pistons.

The Mavs need to start getting their shit together earlier in ballgames. For the past two homegames, they've been blown out in the first half and had to come from behind by as much as 24 points to get the win.

I guess their ability to do that is a testament to their amazingly deep bench though. It's just scary as a fan.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I must disagree with you here though. Redick is one hell of a scorer, but I think Sheldon Williams is a better player, and will find more success in the NBA.[/quote]

Never said he'd have a good career in the NBA. I see Reddick being a Shane Battier lite edition and Sheldon Williams maybe a 10/8 a game. Personally, nobody coming out this year i'd pick #1. Morrison is too one sided, his D is shaky, his offense is very good, but very very unathletic. Rudy Gay looks to be a project and might succeed.

I watched the Lakers game today and I must say, Boston has a bright future. Even though Delonte West, is the ugliest mother fucker in the league next to Sam Cassel.

[quote name='alucard8319']Good win for the Spurs, Bowen did a great job containing Dirk.[/quote]

Yeah, he did a good job. We shot very poorly from the three-point line tonight, and that was really disappointing.

Also, did anyone else see Horry bite Stackhouse's arm while they were entangled? Honestly, what kind of man bites another man?

And another thing, I can't stand how Steve Kerr always sucks the Spurs' collective dick everytime he commentates a game of theirs.

[quote name='bobo2k4']http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_3565004

Andrei Kirilenko is allowed to cheat on his wife, but only once a year and only with 1 woman.

I really dont know how to react to this. I guess his wife is either cool with it or admitting she is a gold digger.[/quote]

I heard this on ESPN Radio yesterday morning. His wife is a famous pop star in Russia so I doubt she is a gold digger. All I'll say is if it works for them, so be it. If I was ever given an offer like that there is no way in hell I'd take her up on it. That's just asking for trouble.

I predict his jersey will sell more though. They could have a slogan on the back that says "And 1". :lol:

[quote name='bobo2k4']http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_3565004

Andrei Kirilenko is allowed to cheat on his wife, but only once a year and only with 1 woman.

I really dont know how to react to this. I guess his wife is either cool with it or admitting she is a gold digger.[/QUOTE]

Fowards this to Kobe Bryant's wife....

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I heard this on ESPN Radio yesterday morning. His wife is a famous pop star in Russia so I doubt she is a gold digger. All I'll say is if it works for them, so be it. If I was ever given an offer like that there is no way in hell I'd take her up on it. That's just asking for trouble.

I predict his jersey will sell more though. They could have a slogan on the back that says "And 1". :lol:[/quote]

Agreed. It would just be a cruel way for my wife to get me to admit that I would do it.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Agreed. It would just be a cruel way for my wife to get me to admit that I would do it.[/quote]

It's a trap!

[quote name='DT778']Dirk scores 51 but the warriors win with a 3 point buzzer beater by richardson 122-121
:applause:[/quote]

Bah! I didn't see the game, but I'm very disappointed. The Mavs cannot lose games like this and hope to win the division over the Spurs. Shitty shitty.

Just saw a highlight of the buzzer beater and it was awesome. Dirk misses a free throw, Richardson grabs the rebound and runs down the court, spins to avoid a defender and shoots the 3.

Laugh it up, fuckers. This is the one highlight to your entire season. It will all be over soon, though, and you can watch the Dallas Mavericks march straight to the NBA Finals!

:)

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Laugh it up, fuckers. This is the one highlight to your entire season. It will all be over soon, though, and you can watch the Dallas Mavericks march straight to the NBA Finals!

:)[/quote]

Wtf? Why would I laugh it up? Just because my Warriors hit 2 game winner at Dallas gives me no reason.

Watch you guys go to the finals? I've been hearing that for 5 years now, getting old. Avery Johnson has done a fine job but will not make this team advance further.

Top teams in West:
Spurs
Suns
Dallas
Nugs (Especially the way Melo's been playing)

[quote name='ph33r m3']Wtf? Why would I laugh it up? Just because my Warriors hit 2 game winner at Dallas gives me no reason.

Watch you guys go to the finals? I've been hearing that for 5 years now, getting old. Avery Johnson has done a fine job but will not make this team advance further.

Top teams in West:
Spurs
Suns
Dallas
Nugs (Especially the way Melo's been playing)[/quote]

i agree on melo..he's on my fantasy team and i'm lovin it

[quote name='ph33r m3']Wtf? Why would I laugh it up? Just because my Warriors hit 2 game winner at Dallas gives me no reason.

Top teams in West:
Spurs
Suns
Dallas
Nugs (Especially the way Melo's been playing)[/quote]

The Suns or Spurs bench isn't as deep as the Mavs, and I don't think either team could beat them in a seven-game series.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']The Suns or Spurs bench isn't as deep as the Mavs, and I don't think either team could beat them in a seven-game series.[/QUOTE]

yea but dallas wont be able to hold the suns to 7 games. Now that Amare's back, the suns are a force. They dominated without Amare, and amare can only improve that.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']The Suns or Spurs bench isn't as deep as the Mavs, and I don't think either team could beat them in a seven-game series.[/quote]

The Spurs have a way deeper bench, with Finley, Van Exel, Udrih, Barry, Nestorovic.

bread's done
Back