*Official* NBA PLAYOFFS 2007 discussion

I already got tickets to Bulls game 2!!!
This season went by too quick.
I am damn proud the Bulls made it to 2nd seed in the east.

My predictions:
First round winners
Pistons
Bulls
Cavs
Heat

Raptors had their best season ever but I think they are still too inexperienced to do much damage in the playoffs.
Heat won't be able to get too far with Payton, Posey and Wade not 100%.

West:
Mavericks
Spurs
Rockets
Suns

It's a good time for Texas basketball....

My first round picks:

Eastern Conference
Detroit Pistons
New Jersey Nets (sorry bobo2k4, it won't even be close)
Toronto Raptors
Miami Heat (tough call though, could go either way)

Western Conference
Dallas Mavericks
Phoenix Suns
San Antonio Spurs
Houston Rockets (tough call against Utah, this will be a fun series to watch)

I am most excited about the Western Conference Semis and the Finals. It is extremely tough deciding between the Spurs, Suns, and Mavs. Also, Houston is my dark horse to make it to Western Finals. Equally tough to decide between the winner of the West and Miami (if they make the Finals). If Miami doesn't make the Finals, it's pretty much West takes all.

East
Detroit Pistons (C Webb was a nice addition)
Chicago Bulls (Balanced attack vs NJ's 3)
Toronto Raptors (Bosh, A.Parker, Ford are playin great, w/ Dixon and Bargnani off the bench)
Miami Heat (Lebron vs Wade match up should be great)

West
Dallas Mavericks (Sweep but exciting high scoring , w/ little D and bunch of 3's from J.Rich side )
Phoenix Suns (Lakers will take them to 7)
San Antonio Spurs (to take Denver in 6)
Utah Jazz (Going with D.Williams to have a great series)

[quote name='bobo2k4']I already got tickets to Bulls game 2!!!

My predictions:
First round winners
Pistons
Bulls
Cavs
Heat

Raptors had their best season ever but I think they are still too inexperienced to do much damage in the playoffs.

West:
Mavericks
Spurs
Rockets
Suns

It's a good time for Texas basketball....[/QUOTE]

Aren't the Cavs playing the Heat?

Anyway, go Raptors!

[quote name='Mike23']Aren't the Cavs playing the Heat?

Anyway, go Raptors![/quote]Are the seedings even set yet? Looks like the Cavs have two games left, so if the Bulls lose their last game and the Cavs win out, they should be the 2 seed.

[quote name='botticus']Are the seedings even set yet? Looks like the Cavs have two games left, so if the Bulls lose their last game and the Cavs win out, they should be the 2 seed.[/quote]
Good call. Bulls have to play New Jersey for their last game (who has an incentive to win since they can get into the 6th seed instead of 7th) so the Bulls could potentially lose the game and their 2nd seed.

On the other hand, the Cavs are playing two of the weakest teams for their final 2 games, the Sixers and the Bucks. It is possible that we can see the Cavs slipping into the 2nd seed.

[quote name='botticus']Are the seedings even set yet? Looks like the Cavs have two games left, so if the Bulls lose their last game and the Cavs win out, they should be the 2 seed.[/QUOTE]

I still don't see how there's no winner in the Raps-Nets/Wiz series. :lol:

NBA referee Joey Crawford was suspended indefinitely by commissioner David Stern on Tuesday for his conduct toward Tim Duncan, who contends the ref challenged him to a fight. Crawford, the league's active leader in playoff games, will not work the playoffs this year and will meet with Stern after the season to talk about his reinstatement.

Duncan supposedly called Crawford "a piece of shit", but I'm not sure if that was before or after he got ejected. Regardless Crawford has some issues and gives out techs too easy.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2840587&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

[quote name='bobo2k4']I already got tickets to Bulls game 2!!!

My predictions:
First round winners
Pistons
Bulls
Cavs
Heat

West:
Mavericks
Spurs
Rockets
Suns

It's a good time for Texas basketball....[/QUOTE]

Where are your seats for game 2? I'll be in section 210 throughout......btw whoever it was that thinks the nets could out play the bulls is smokin somethin.

Anyways I pretty much agree with what bobo said about the picks

[quote name='Prepster']Where are your seats for game 2? I'll be in section 210 throughout......btw whoever it was that thinks the nets could out play the bulls is smokin somethin.

Anyways I pretty much agree with what bobo said about the picks[/QUOTE]

You got some pretty decent seats. Season ticket holder?
I got somewhere in the 300 level. It's not that bad as long its in the mid-section and not by the backboards. Let's hope we get free big macs, yea?

To Kendro
Hey buddy not to sound like a homer or anything but Nets aren't even a .500 club (yet) and the Bulls are one of the top 3 defensive teams in the league. IIRC its been a pretty even series this year with 2-2 for both. Net's 3 are gonna have a hard time going against Bulls' defense in a 7 game series.

I can't wait to see what happens though.

[quote name='Kendro']My first round picks:
New Jersey Nets (sorry bobo2k4, it won't even be close)
[/quote]

i'm not a bulls fan, but let me get in on whatever you're smokin...

and i think the mavs-GS series would be a 6 game series since GS gave the mavs a run for their money twice i believe

Without question the Bulls have played probably the best basketball of any team since the All-Star break, but I will take Kidd, Carter, and Jefferson...seasoned playoff veterans over the young Bulls. .500 or not, none of the top seeds would want to play the Nets in the first round.

Anyways, this is all a moot point as the situation will be drastically different if the Cavs win their next two games (which look to be two very easy wins) and the Bulls lose their next game (ironically against the Nets), which in that case Cavs would take the 2nd seed.

[quote name='bobo2k4']I can't wait to see what happens though.[/quote]
Definitely. ;) This is one of the more exciting playoffs in recent years.

[quote name='swetooth9'] i think the mavs-GS series would be a 6 game series since GS gave the mavs a run for their money twice i believe[/QUOTE]
Thats a good point. J-Rich just goes off against the mavs, and the whole teacher vs. pupil thing in nelly vs. avery should be entertaining since the mavs are a really a more balanced team since avery took over.

I honestly go for the heat but with shaq getting older gary payton and posey injured i really see their chances shrinking down.

It's nice to see the Magic in the playoffs for the first time in a while, may have to make my way over there for a game.

It's just too bad they have to play the Pistons in the playoffs; this has been a recipe for disaster in Magic history.

[quote name='2Fast']It's nice to see the Magic in the playoffs for the first time in a while, may have to make my way over there for a game.

It's just too bad they have to play the Pistons in the playoffs; this has been a recipe for disaster in Magic history.[/quote]

Ill be at the first two orlando playoff games, with a win tonight over Washington, im hoping for another Washington loss and a big win tom. at home against Miami which i will also be at.. This will get a a number 7 spot for a chance to play number 2 instead of detroint 1st round. Gotta love the perks of working for an nba team :)

The only prediction I'll make is the Mavericks winning the championship. There are no other reasonable possibilities. It is their destiny.

In other news, here's the Mavs' starting five when they played the Warriors: Greg Buckner, Devean George, DeSagana Diop, Maurice Ager and Jose Barea.

The Mavs rested Dirk, Stackhouse, Josh Howard and Dampier.

They lost 111-82.

The Warriors are coached by Avery's mentor, Don Nelson.

Avery said the Mavs' stars will play in their last game of the season.

The Warriors needed this win to stay in playoff contention.

The Mavericks, after already clinching home-court advantage throughout the playoffs, don't need to win any more games this season.

Now who thinks Avery chose to sit his starters and purposely lose so Nelson could get into the playoffs?

[quote name='botticus']Are the seedings even set yet? Looks like the Cavs have two games left, so if the Bulls lose their last game and the Cavs win out, they should be the 2 seed.[/quote]

No, they're not at all... which is why these topics are usually made at the conclusion of the season when the play-off seedings are set, of course Cleaveland is usually spelled Cleveland among other errors the OP made :lol:

[quote name='alucard8319']NBA referee Joey Crawford was suspended indefinitely by commissioner David Stern on Tuesday for his conduct toward Tim Duncan, who contends the ref challenged him to a fight. Crawford, the league's active leader in playoff games, will not work the playoffs this year and will meet with Stern after the season to talk about his reinstatement.

Duncan supposedly called Crawford "a piece of shit", but I'm not sure if that was before or after he got ejected. Regardless Crawford has some issues and gives out techs too easy.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2840587&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines[/quote]

Good, fuck that guy, I hope him and that other jerk-off Danny Crawford never ref another NBA game.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']No, they're not at all... which is why these topics are usually made at the conclusion of the season when the play-off seedings are set, of course Cleaveland is usually spelled Cleveland among other errors the OP made :lol:

Good, fuck that guy, I hope him and that other jerk-off Danny Crawford never ref another NBA game.[/quote]

Good Crawford gives out T's almost every game he ref's ive seen it in person. he is the worst refs in the NBA.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']

Now who thinks Avery chose to sit his starters and purposely lose so Nelson could get into the playoffs?[/QUOTE]

I think the Clippers would be a much easier opponent than golden state. Outside of Elton Brand's mediocre season the rest of the team is plagued with injuries while the run and gun Warriors could really wear out the Mav's players in the first round if they were to stretch out the series. The clippers are no where near as good as they were last year and with no true pg or healthy cassell i think dallas could have rolled right past them.

[quote name='bobo2k4']You got some pretty decent seats. Season ticket holder?
I got somewhere in the 300 level. It's not that bad as long its in the mid-section and not by the backboards. Let's hope we get free big macs, yea?

To Kendro
Hey buddy not to sound like a homer or anything but Nets aren't even a .500 club (yet) and the Bulls are one of the top 3 defensive teams in the league. IIRC its been a pretty even series this year with 2-2 for both. Net's 3 are gonna have a hard time going against Bulls' defense in a 7 game series.

I can't wait to see what happens though.[/QUOTE]

Well my dad is the season ticket holder yet I always seem to find my girlfriend, bestfriend and myself always sitting in the seats :lol: If ya want maybe we could meet up at the game.

[quote name='alucard8319']I think the Clippers would be a much easier opponent than golden state. Outside of Elton Brand's mediocre season the rest of the team is plagued with injuries while the run and gun Warriors could really wear out the Mav's players in the first round if they were to stretch out the series. The clippers are no where near as good as they were last year and with no true pg or healthy cassell i think dallas could have rolled right past them.[/quote]

Agreed. The Warriors can beat any team in the league by 30 points on any given night. Remember this is a Nellie team, and their offense uses an 8 second shot-clock, just run down and chuck 'em up. If those shots are falling... like they were recently against Phoenix to the tune of nearly 50 points in the 1st quarter, you can't stop them.

However, the Warriors play no defense. The Warriors vs Mavericks is interesting as the Warriors hold a 3-0 series edge on the season. The play-offs are a totally different animal, but I'd definitely would expect a 6 game series out of those two.

Warriors vs Suns could be really fun to watch too, as each game would likely see scores in the 120s-130s.

GO LAKERS!!!(just beacuse they weren't on the poll question as a direct choice)but seriously they will get stomped by a texas team in the 2nd round after the
lakers get eliminated all i'm gonna watch is DODGERS baseball

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Agreed. The Warriors can beat any team in the league by 30 points on any given night.[/quote]

sure they're good enough and offensively gifted enough to BEAT any team on any given night...but not any team by 30...no way in hell are they beating the spurs by that much...probably wouldn't beat a few other teams as well by that margin, but the spurs come to mind first

Interesting. Cavs are now the 2nd seed so the Bulls will have to face Miami (who are probably the worst team to face in the first round). My revised Eastern Conference picks now that the East is set in stone:

Eastern Conference
Detroit Pistons (4-0 over Orlando)
Cleveland Cavaliers (4-1 over Washington)
Miami Heat (4-2 over Chicago)
New Jersey Nets (4-2 over Toronto)

Well now that the Bulls are playing the Heat, I now feel confident in saying that the Bulls are going to do what they did on the opening day of the season as they will during the playoffs.

fuck THE HEAT

[quote name='Prepster']Well now that the Bulls are playing the Heat, I now feel confident in saying that the Bulls are going to do what they did on the opening day of the season as they will during the playoffs.

fuck THE HEAT[/QUOTE]
Yeah...it woulda been nice to get that 2 seed w/ home court advantage and 50 wins but I think we can take care of the Heat this time.

:rofl: so much for those play-off predictions, OP, way to jump the gun ;)

[quote name='swetooth9']sure they're good enough and offensively gifted enough to BEAT any team on any given night...but not any team by 30...no way in hell are they beating the spurs by that much...probably wouldn't beat a few other teams as well by that margin, but the spurs come to mind first[/quote]

I'll grant you San Antonio, and add a healthy Houston team to that list, but that's really it.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']:rofl: so much for those play-off predictions, OP, way to jump the gun ;)

Ok so we jumped the gun , time for some new predictions !

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']:rofl: so much for those play-off predictions, OP, way to jump the gun ;)

I'll grant you San Antonio, and add a healthy Houston team to that list, but that's really it.[/quote]

Ok so we jumped the gun, time for some new predictions .

Any other Mavs fans not at all excited to be playing the Warriors? I don't see them beating the Mavs in the series, but I don't see the Mavs sweeping them either. The Warriors have beaten them 6 of the last 7 times, not a trend I want to see continue.

Well no #7 for the Magic this year. Wash. pulled out a close win last night. We swept Miami this year so thats nice. Time for Detroit. Id like to see or 6 games at least, depends on which Magic team shows up however.

Is anybody down to play this year?

Drive to the Finals
http://www.nba.com/fantasy/playoffs2007/league.jsp?leagueId=63626
league:cag
pw:1234

* Each day, select one player.
* Score one fantasy point for every point, rebound and assist your selection records in that day's game (Your total = P + R + A).
* The catch: You can only use each player once throughout the entire playoffs, so pay close attention to the match-ups and the status of each series!
* Set your weekly line-up in advance, or come back each day and make your selection. Not all match-ups are set in stone, so check back daily!
* You must make your selection before the start of the first game of that day.
* Everyone is eligible to win prizes (subject to Official Rules), but you can also heat up the competition by playing against your friends in public or private leagues.

[quote name='alucard8319']Is anybody down to play this year?

Drive to the Finals
http://www.nba.com/fantasy/playoffs2007/league.jsp?leagueId=63626

* Each day, select one player.
* Score one fantasy point for every point, rebound and assist your selection records in that day's game (Your total = P + R + A).
* The catch: You can only use each player once throughout the entire playoffs, so pay close attention to the match-ups and the status of each series!
* Set your weekly line-up in advance, or come back each day and make your selection. Not all match-ups are set in stone, so check back daily!
* You must make your selection before the start of the first game of that day.
* Everyone is eligible to win prizes (subject to Official Rules), but you can also heat up the competition by playing against your friends in public or private leagues.[/QUOTE]

Im in, I have Luol Deng and lebron james selected for the first game.

Didn't notice but the Cavs have a relatively easy journey to the NBA Finals. In fact I don't see them not making it to the Finals. According to the matchups, they won't ever face any of the top teams because they play the Wizards and then they play either the Raptors or the Nets. It will probably be considered a bust if LeBron doesn't make it to the Finals because of this very reason, and if he does, he won't get the proper credit due to the teams he faced to get there. It is a no-win situation for him but what can you do...

[quote name='bil4ltool']Any other Mavs fans not at all excited to be playing the Warriors? I don't see them beating the Mavs in the series, but I don't see the Mavs sweeping them either. The Warriors have beaten them 6 of the last 7 times, not a trend I want to see continue.[/quote]:rofl:hahahahahaha. Scared of the warriors. ahahahaha. Sorry but being from norcal I think this is the first time i've heard of someone worrying about the warriors. I'm glad they got in but cmon dude, they are still the warriors.

Well playoffs officially start tomorrow and I still quite get how the standings work.
So does the best record for each division get the top seed and then the rest just follow?
I hate how the Bulls just fell down to 5th for no reason. Same thing with the Dallas last year.

From my understanding the top four spots are researved for the 3 division winners and the best record of a team that didnt win the division. And they are seeded depending on their record. Cleveland had the best record of a team not winning the division, that is why Chicago slipped down to 5th.

bread's done
Back