*Official* NBA PLAYOFFS 2007 discussion

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Because the NBA is filled with a lot of shitty fans in general these days. The Cavs are some of the worst.

Probably right up there with Utah and obviously Detroit... :shame:[/quote]
"You kicked our asses! Good job!" Yeah right, what team's fans would cheer on their opponents?

I thought you were supposed to gone by now, ZL, because it's rigged. ;)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Put the Suns in the East and give us a watchable Finals.[/quote]Why, they'd just get beat by the Pistons in the conference finals anyway.

[quote name='wubb'][/quote]

:lol:

sweep.gif

I don't think it is the fact that LeBron can't draw, I think it's the fact that Cleveland plays some of the ugliest basketball in the league. There is just no rythym to anything they do on offense.

Hey, why do we have to have an Eastern conference champion and a Western conference champion? Is it just the extra money generated or is their a better reason? If their isn't a very good reason for this, then I think David Stern should move to overhaul the playoff setup. Put all 16 teams together. Who wouldn't want to see the two BEST teams in the NBA Finals? You think the Miami Heat last year or this year's Cavs would have gotten to the finals if they had to play a Western conference team in the first few rounds? No, instead they get to 'compete' against the Nets or Wizards. I mean, come on...worst ratings in history of the NBA....ouch.

[quote name='dragonreborn23']Hey, why do we have to have an Eastern conference champion and a Western conference champion? Is it just the extra money generated or is their a better reason? If their isn't a very good reason for this, then I think David Stern should move to overhaul the playoff setup. Put all 16 teams together. Who wouldn't want to see the two BEST teams in the NBA Finals? You think the Miami Heat last year or this year's Cavs would have gotten to the finals if they had to play a Western conference team in the first few rounds? No, instead they get to 'compete' against the Nets or Wizards. I mean, come on...worst ratings in history of the NBA....ouch.[/quote]I'm guessing the playoffs as a whole would be worse if that were done. Then instead of the "lowly" Eastern Conference leaders beating up on the Eastern Conference stragglers, it would be the "better" WC teams doing so. Yay early rounds. Be serious, while the Eastern Conference is generally weaker, they've still fielded the chamption two of the last four years. Should have been three of the last four years if the Pistons didn't start their weak playoff drive in Game 7 of the 05 finals. :roll:

But for a more technical reason, its because the standings can't be matched up 1:1. Two-thirds of the games are played against one conference, so you can't say that since Team A has the same record as Team B, they should be seeded higher across conferences.

[quote name='dragonreborn23']Hey, why do we have to have an Eastern conference champion and a Western conference champion? Is it just the extra money generated or is their a better reason? If their isn't a very good reason for this, then I think David Stern should move to overhaul the playoff setup. Put all 16 teams together. Who wouldn't want to see the two BEST teams in the NBA Finals? You think the Miami Heat last year or this year's Cavs would have gotten to the finals if they had to play a Western conference team in the first few rounds? No, instead they get to 'compete' against the Nets or Wizards. I mean, come on...worst ratings in history of the NBA....ouch.[/QUOTE]

If this happens, the East would probably never even reach the Finals anymore and ratings would drop even further.

What they need to do is fix the seeding so that we never see a repeat of the Spurs and Suns before the conference finals when the #1 seed got knocked off.

[quote name='gokou36']If this happens, the East would probably never even reach the Finals anymore and ratings would drop even further.

What they need to do is fix the seeding so that we never see a repeat of the Spurs and Suns before the conference finals when the #1 seed got knocked off.[/quote]

Yes, they need to reseed after each round. They also need to return to the first round being the best of 5, but that's all about $$$. I wouldn't mind seeing less teams in the playoffs either. Teams pushing .500 don't deserve to make the postseason.

The playoffs will always be separated by conference, and that's the way it should be.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']"You kicked our asses! Good job!" Yeah right, what team's fans would cheer on their opponents?

I thought you were supposed to gone by now, ZL, because it's rigged. ;)[/quote]

When is the last time you watched the NBA finals anyway? Usually the home fans don't boo that loudly and that disrespectfully during the trophy presentation. I thought you would've known that since you're a self-proclaimed expert on everything.

If there's one thing I learned this year about some NBA "fans" attention spans, it's that more people need to watch basketball for basketball, not for fastbreaks and dunks the whole game

I think people are forgetting defense wins championships, not fastbreaks and dunks.

Sure the game might be boring, but would you rather watch a boring game or a game where the refs hand the team(Miami) a championship?

[quote name='thamaster24']If there's one thing I learned this year about some NBA "fans" attention spans, it's that more people need to watch basketball for basketball, not for fastbreaks and dunks the whole game[/quote]
No one is bitching about the finals not having "fastbreaks and dunks" but even as a Spurs fan you have to admit it was an incredibly dull ending to such an interesting season.

I know I'm not the only who thought it was dull, take another look at the ratings.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']When is the last time you watched the NBA finals anyway? Usually the home fans don't boo that loudly and that disrespectfully during the trophy presentation. I thought you would've known that since you're a self-proclaimed expert on everything.[/quote]
I watch it every year if I can, but I don't recall ever seeing home fans cheering the loss of their team. Hell, Suns fans did the booing when the Spurs won game 6.

I'm a self-proclaimed expert? :lol: Speak for yourself. The only reason you need to hate any Ohio team is that you're from Michigan.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I watch it every year if I can, but I don't recall ever seeing home fans cheering the loss of their team. Hell, Suns fans did the booing when the Spurs won game 6.

I'm a self-proclaimed expert? :lol: Speak for yourself. The only reason you need to hate any Ohio team is that you're from Michigan.[/quote]

Well, can you blame the Suns fans? After how they got screwed out of the series.

And can you blame me! After how Ohio St. bullies Michigan around every year? :lol:

Now, I didn't watch the finals in '03, because I was so mad at Detroit for getting swept by Kidd. I do not remember the Lakers getting boo'd out of town when they won their titles, nor do I recall Jordan ever getting boo'd. I could be wrong though, it's happened before, I'm only equine afterall.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Well, can you blame the Suns fans? After how they got screwed out of the series.

And can you blame me! After how Ohio St. bullies Michigan around every year? :lol:

Now, I didn't watch the finals in '03, because I was so mad at Detroit for getting swept by Kidd. I do not remember the Lakers getting boo'd out of town when they won their titles, nor do I recall Jordan ever getting boo'd. I could be wrong though, it's happened before, I'm only equine afterall.[/quote]
To be fair, everybody liked Jordan, except for the Cavs ;), and Kobe, Shaq, and the Lakers were a popular team around the league back then, at least from what I could tell.

As for Michigan being bullied, "Stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself!" :lol: It's too easy.

To be wholly fair, Cleveland's run this year brought out the fairweather fans in a hurry, so one shouldn't view the fans present as the real Cavs fans. But I still hate the Cavs. :D

[quote name='yukine']No one is bitching about the finals not having "fastbreaks and dunks" but even as a Spurs fan you have to admit it was an incredibly dull ending to such an interesting season.

I know I'm not the only who thought it was dull, take another look at the ratings.[/quote]
For a team that couldn't compete with them yet yes. But that was a damn good showcase, my statement above is still true... I've heard enough of this boring/dull crap. I could really give a damn about the ratings.

Now hopefully the Grizzlies can get this young roster better and make a good pick even though they were screwed getting 4th in the draft lottery, people were saying the Celtics were screwed, no we were, that was the lowest we could go... and we defintely needed Oden.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Well, can you blame the Suns fans? After how they got screwed out of the series.

Now, I didn't watch the finals in '03, because I was so mad at Detroit for getting swept by Kidd. I do not remember the Lakers getting boo'd out of town when they won their titles, nor do I recall Jordan ever getting boo'd. I could be wrong though, it's happened before, I'm only equine afterall.[/QUOTE]

The Suns also got screwed in three other games besides Game 5, when they were at full strength and still lost. Get over it.

[quote name='unforeseen']The Suns also got screwed in three other games besides Game 5, when they were at full strength and still lost. Get over it.[/quote]

Thank you, Captain Obvious! :lol:

So I was playing NBA 2k7 yesterday and to my surprise, I see the NY Knicks as the most payed team. Who the fuck do they have that costs the team 130 million? I hope Kobe gets traded to the Bulls instead of the Knicks.

[quote name='gokou36']So I was playing NBA 2k7 yesterday and to my surprise, I see the NY Knicks as the most payed team. Who the fuck do they have that costs the team 130 million? I hope Kobe gets traded to the Bulls instead of the Knicks.[/quote]

Yeah David Lee should get more money then... You know how many more Jordan references there will be if Kobe goes to the Bulls, I don't know if we need that :)

[quote name='unforeseen']The Suns also got screwed in three other games besides Game 5, when they were at full strength and still lost. Get over it.[/quote]

I know this may be hard for you, but don't be a dumbfuck.

bread's done
Back