Official NHL 10 CAG Team REBOOT - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Night Fridays @ 8-12 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Magicking610']I hope some of you guys play tonight, hope that my team can face off against you guys.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I traded the game in 2 weeks ago.

Two questions:

1. Does anyone want to play sometime? I only need one.

2. Would anyone be interested in making CAG hockey night a different night than Friday for NHL 11? Like the last 2 seasons, I will be gone 3/4 of the time on Friday nights during the hockey season. Obviously, we won't change just because I won't be available, but I figured others might be interested in a different night.

For me personally, I can't really do hockey nights anymore, since my part time whenever job has turned into a full time night job. If I am on during the afternoon, sent me a message.

Eh, I traded it to Goozex while it was still getting a lot of points.

I really didnt play a lot towards the end this year as opposed last year, but I was going to propose a day change for NHL 11 anyway.

If I recall, the only reason we had Friday as the day was because lots of people had other game days back in 09, like CoD: MW and Gears of Wars.

I'm all for a day change, personally Sunday or Tuesday night works best for me but of course we need others opinions on this. I know Friday worked well to get late games going and to get the West Coasters some time to play.

I'll be gone a lot on Fridays too Matt, that's why I'm with you. But others may want to keep it, and if so, I'll just try to get in once in a while.

Anyone know if they have announced any new features? I was hoping there would be support for full online seasons (like playing through a season against the computer with a friend).

[quote name='Rooster752']Anyone know if they have announced any new features? I was hoping there would be support for full online seasons (like playing through a season against the computer with a friend).[/QUOTE]

I thought they had announced some new things on the EA blog, but I'd say that EA is probably going the Madden route with NHL now that they have taken over the NHL market once again. With 2K not putting out a game on 360/PS3 next year it really gives EA no incentive to do much. And I think we all agree that the differences between 09 and 10 were minimal. I'm guessing NHL 11 will come out with the standard tagline of "over 100 new features/improvements" that they put on madden every year, but it will be for the most part the same game.

That said, I'm such a big hockey fan I will still pick it up on day one. :D

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I thought they had announced some new things on the EA blog, but I'd say that EA is probably going the Madden route with NHL now that they have taken over the NHL market once again. With 2K not putting out a game on 360/PS3 next year it really gives EA no incentive to do much. And I think we all agree that the differences between 09 and 10 were minimal. I'm guessing NHL 11 will come out with the standard tagline of "over 100 new features/improvements" that they put on madden every year, but it will be for the most part the same game.

That said, I'm such a big hockey fan I will still pick it up on day one. :D[/QUOTE]

well they changed the entire physics engine for NHL '11. Whether is for the better or not, we'll see.

Or tap pucks in around the net after face offs or when the goalie freezes the puck but clearly drops it to play it...

Also, give me the pleasure of at least a reach around and call it boarding or whatever and not... "checking from behind".

[quote name='DestroVega']well they changed the entire physics engine for NHL '11. Whether is for the better or not, we'll see.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I saw this mentioned in some of the gaming magazines that came out after their community event last month. I really don't put too much into reports that come after these Publisher sponsored and paid for events. Usually EA lists a large group of 'fixes' and 'improvements' to the existing game engine, sometimes they add some new features as well. But with 2K out of the market this year and the NHL engine still relatively new, they aren't doing any major overhauls to the game. I'm sure the game will be very good once again, but for people who played a lot of 09 and 10, NHL 11 will basically be the same game. Very solid and with just enough new tweaks to get us back for NHL 12. I'm not saying that is bad, but it is their business model. They don't really innovate with their core EA Sports titles unless they have to.

I also can't see them fixing the problems with OTP. Even if they do, there will be another glitch shot or "99 player rating glitch" that will come to the forefront and EA will drag their feet for 2 years before addressing it.

I'm sure we will hear more in the coming months, especially once they get into build up for the Summer/Fall EA Sports release schedule.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I also can't see them fixing the problems with OTP. Even if they do, there will be another glitch shot or "99 player rating glitch" that will come to the forefront and EA will drag their feet for 2 years before addressing it.

I'm sure we will hear more in the coming months, especially once they get into build up for the Summer/Fall EA Sports release schedule.[/QUOTE]

Well, this is the reason I'm not pre-ordering the game. But you have to realize you're saying there's no reason to overhaul the physics system, and then give the exact reason why they may have had to, lol. If it's the only way they could fix the glitch shot and/or get the AI to play smarter, then they may have considered it necessary. I mean, they are stating that it's a "brand new" physics engine.

So, unless you want to just outright call them liars, it SHOULD be different. As you say though, there could be another gaping hole or bug for people to exploit. IF, yet again, they can't figure out how to make a fair online experience, then I think it's time for these developers (and even Microsoft to an extent) to stop pretending that online play is some glorious special game mode. It's just getting to be too much to PAY for Xbox Live, PAY for online mode (or use your code if you bought the game new), just to be glitched and cheated all day. At this point I'm not buying the hype that EA spoon feeds to the gaming media. The game is only going to be as good as people who buy it tell me it is. Anything else, I'm not listening to.

Shame that none of you guys play anymore, I havn't seen many glitchers, and I've been seeing a lot of different teams that have 10+ players. If I ever leave the team I'm on now, I think restarting in order to get some chemestry for 11 might be a good idea.

I saw on the marketplace today that 150+ player boost items for NHL 11 just became available for purchase. Looks like everyone was rating the content 1 star so that was kind of funny. They release this stuff every year, I wonder if anyone actually buys it. Most of it can be unlocked pretty easily by just playing the game.

Hopefully that means that the demo will hit soon. Probably soon after madden is released.

Sorry I didn't see a thread for NHL 11, but if you pre-ordered through Amazon I saw that they're offering release date delivery for this game. Of course free for people with prime.

Just bought the PS3 version of NHL 10 after selling my 360 version. Looking to join a club. Anyone willing to take on another player?

[quote name='jaydepps']Just bought the PS3 version of NHL 10 after selling my 360 version. Looking to join a club. Anyone willing to take on another player?[/QUOTE]

Well...considering you're posting this on the 360 forum, I'd say you're not going to find many takers, haha.

Didn't realize I was on this forum. Thanks for pointing it out. Just used the search feature and couldn't find anything on the PS3 forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back