Official NHL 10 CAG Team REBOOT - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Night Fridays @ 8-12 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Magicking610']If anyone wants to play hockey tonight, I won't be here for the official hockey night tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably be playing UFC tonight. I've got a lot of work to do to get CAGFC ready.

Any word on if there's going to be a hockey night tomorrow? I understand if there isn't, but just want to figure out for sure.

[quote name='KasterDB']Any word on if there's going to be a hockey night tomorrow? I understand if there isn't, but just want to figure out for sure.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'll definitely be playing tomorrow. Since I decided not to trade the game in, I have no problems continuing to play on Friday nights. Can't speak much for the rest of the week, but Fridays are still hockey night.

Awesome! That means a lot more goals should be scored.

If we have Nate at C, DarkTower on one of the wings, me (and Kaster?) on D, and Alan in net or at wing, we should be able to handle most non-glitching teams.

Change of plans, I'm going to be around tonight. And Matt, I didn't give 2 shits about your post to be honest. I ended up playing hockey for a few hours anyway last night.

And when exactly is the last time I gave up?

[quote name='Magicking610']Change of plans, I'm going to be around tonight.[/QUOTE]

Shocking.

Yeah, Matt I'll defintely play D with you.

Oh, I was planning on playing D, but since you two have taken it, that leaves a Wing and Goalie between me and Alan. Alan, if you play, are we going to rotate or just stay in the same position all night?

i'll be there for at least the early part of the night, when the woman comes home might need to stop and play other games with her.

[quote name='Magicking610']Change of plans, I'm going to be around tonight. And Matt, I didn't give 2 shits about your post to be honest. I ended up playing hockey for a few hours anyway last night.

And when exactly is the last time I gave up?[/QUOTE]

LOL. "You're so vain; you probably think this post is about you." And you gave up when you pwayed goawie.

I'll be on about 9 Eastern.

hey guys, something came up for me and I can't make it early. I will be on later with the woman, who will want to play peggle and when she falls asleep, if you guys are still going, i can join up...

me not making it probably helps actually, won't have to run two teams or play VS like last week probably now.

sorry fellas... give em hell tonight.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Good luck. UFC 114 tonight, lol.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I forget you guys are all into UFC... seems everyone is, I think I might be the only guy who isn't!

it was fine, I watched the 3rd period of the Stanley Cup Finals... that's a great game on national TV to promote the sport, a 6-5 back and fourth, high action game?... awesome.

And then Kobe showed why he is the best player in the NBA... the shots he was hitting were absolutely insane.

UFC's PPVs are always on the same day as other stuff. UFC 111 was the same night as 4 different wrestling shows which I attended live in Phoenix, and there was NBA and NHL action last night. Now we'll have hockey Monday, Wednesday, basketball Thursday, hockey Friday, etc.

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! One night only! Gary Russell (Vulcan7905) has rented NHL 10 so he'll be playing tonight. If anybody wants to join us, hop on!

Annnnnd...I'm done with NHL 10. We went 1-3 tonight. We outplayed every single team, almost tripling some in time on attack. We also led every game, but the teams just tied it up on glitches whenever they felt like it. Our last game, we outshot the team 29-9 and lost 3-2. It's really unfortunate that the only way to enjoy this game anymore is to play with people who play perfect hockey. Gary hasn't played the game in months, but still did a damn good job on defense, and only took one penalty all night. But if you're not absolutely perfect, the teams will glitch and completely fuck you over. There's really no reason to give a shit about this game anymore. It's still getting 750 points on Goozex, so that's where I'll be dumping it.

Yeah, definitely. I can do that (actually, Alan was already a club GM...but I'll add a couple more). I'm just not really having fun with this game anymore. Even on Friday night, it felt like several people just weren't into it. Like I said, you basically have to play perfect to be able to compete online, and there's really only a couple people on the team who are good enough to keep up with that. I feel like lately all I've been doing is getting aggravated with people on our team, when it's really EA's fault for making a game that's so easily exploited. I don't know if there's one respectable team left playing.

EDIT: Tried to make Matt, Sean, and Brandon GMs, and the game told me "Cannot make player a GM at this time. Please try again later." Not sure what the hell that means, but at worst, Alan is a GM.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as Alan's still on the team, I guess it doesn't matter. Sucks to see our fearless leader go, though.

If it comes down to it, I have a group of 6 or so people I know personally who I could play with. But I'd rather be able to play with CAGs and play with them in some regular OTP as well.

[quote name='Matt Young']As long as Alan's still on the team, I guess it doesn't matter. Sucks to see our fearless leader go, though.

If it comes down to it, I have a group of 6 or so people I know personally who I could play with. But I'd rather be able to play with CAGs and play with them in some regular OTP as well.[/QUOTE]

Eh, you guys don't need me...and I'm sure people are tired of hearing me bitch all the time. Like I said, I feel like it takes me 2 games and I'm already pissed off, lol. Most of the teams left playing online have no shame at all, and take glitch shots from the opening whistle. I'm at the point where I'm almost ready to tell guys on our team "you're not good enough to stop it". And then I just feel like a dick, haha. Maybe some day EA will make a hockey game that's actually fair, and I won't have to jump down people's throats for letting their man breathe.

[quote name='Ir0nbass']I'd like to join when there's room![/QUOTE]

That's good, I'm not sure how often I'll be able to play over the summer.

We need your gamertag and your preferred positions. Read page 1 for other important info.

Well, our future winning percentage just increased exponentially. Actually, I think it may have just evened out after taking a hit when Nate quit.

I was going to post earlier, but I didn't wake up till 6. I figured you'd be watching the game, Kaster. Wasn't sure about moojezy and DarkTower. Cup Final it is!

hey fellas, another one bites the dust... Just found out I can get Red dead redemption for 20 bucks if I trade this game in with FIFA, and that's too good to pass up for me... especially with NHL 11 exactly 3 months away...

A good run, looking forward to the new game... if it lives up to what I'm seeing, it'll be excellent... hopefully they curb the OTP cheapness. See you guys on other games!

Gamespot posted another preview on NHL 11, and I gotta say, I'm not impressed at all with the things EA is choosing to hype. I'm bolding the part that bothers me the most.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/nhl11/news.html?sid=6264823

New physics, huge hits, and broken sticks promise to have a big impact in EA Sports' upcoming hockey game.

Zdeno Chara is prowling the ice like a frost giant who hasn't slept in 72 hours. The towering defenseman for the Boston Bruins is bowed up to his full 6-foot-9-inch height and heading my way with bad intentions in his virtual eyes. I do my best to fake him out with a sweet little deke…but it's too late. Before I know it, my pitiful forward is bowled over and absolutely pasted against the boards--his legs flying into the air, his arms akimbo, and his neck landing at a sickening angle on the ice. NHL 11 producer Sean Ramjagsingh looks over my way, gives me a smile, and begins telling me about the new physics system that's been implemented in the latest hockey game from EA Sports. But all I need to do is look at the splayed form of my power forward on the ice to know everything I need to know.

NHL 11 should have its fair share of 'oh dayyyummm' moments.

The new physics will perhaps be the biggest change in NHL 11, and it is one that has taken a full year to implement, according to Ramjagsingh. The result--though seemingly amped up for effect in the demo we played at EA's May pre-Electronic Entertainment Expo press event in Los Angeles--will bring in a new sense of power to the NHL series' already impressive hits. I spent some hands-on time with a one-on-one demo of the game, and I can say unequivocally that although most of the results were the same (that is, Chara blasting my guy into the boards or simply knocking him down on the ice), no two collisions were exactly the same. I saw glancing blows that spun my forward around and head-over-heels blasts that made it look like my guy was shot by a sniper sitting atop the rafters at TD Garden. One time, I even managed to get the better of Chara, taking him down despite giving up at least seven inches and 50 pounds.

Bigger, badder hits are the most obvious benefit of the new physics, but a subtler by-product might be the increased attraction of playing the defenseman position. While upending forwards and taking slap shots from the point has always been fun in previous NHL games, the new system adds an increased physical element that will make playing the bruisers in the back that much more appealing. With the press of a button, you can lean forward to either attempt to block shots (similar to the kneel mechanic that remains in NHL 11) or upend an unsuspecting forward who is coming your way. When you couple that with the ability to poke check, sweep your stick freely back and forth, or lift the stick of an opposing player, there will be lots of weapons in your defensive arsenal this year.

Elsewhere, the development team is extending the control a player will have with the right stick by completely overhauling the face-off system, which Ramjagsingh calls the number-one request from NHL series fans.
Now, you'll have multiple options when squaring off in the circle, including whether you choose to use a forehand or backhand grip on your stick before the puck drops. By pushing forward with the right stick, you push at your opponent's stick, and by pushing back, you'll swipe for the puck once it hits the ice. You can even push your opponent off the puck once it drops by pushing forward with the left stick and take a quick shot off a face-off pass by pushing forward with the right stick.

Because the fan's demanded it, new faceoff features are on their way.

Finally, there is one other detail that should please hockey fans: Broken sticks are in NHL 11. They won't occur in every game you play, but they'll be frequent enough to make the game realistic. If a player loses a stick, you'll still be able to control him--if the puck gets near, he'll kick it to keep it out of play and even try to snatch it out of the air for high shots. A nearby teammate might offer your player a stick to borrow, and you can also skate to the bench to pick up some replacement lumber. My time with NHL 11 was limited, and I didn't get to experience the full six-on-six gameplay, so I'm very interested to see not just how the new physics engine affects collisions in a proper game, but also how the AI players handle the engine's capabilities. Based on past experience, I'm optimistic that the change will be a good one for the series and will follow up with another report soon. Look for more on NHL 11 throughout the summer and beyond.

Faceoffs were the #1 request from fans? Are you freaking kidding me??? How about "Well, the past two years we've been unable to fix the glitch shot. But it's really fixed this year guys! Also, our AI has been borderline fucking retarded, but we found somebody to program them who actually knows what he's doing! I am totally seriously right now!" At least we know that you can skate to the bench to get a new stick when yours breaks. Imagine how much better that's going to make the game!!! :roll:

I think the faceoffs being changed are a huge thing, because hockey is not just time it right... most of the time when I take draws, I get my arm and hands hacked to shit. a clean draw like what happens in the game every draw happens once ever 6 or 7 times in a real game for me.

But yeah, if they don't fix the glitch shot, it's really terrible. there will be no way to fix the cross crease, but if you are on a 2-on-1 in real life, you wouldn't stop it most of the time either, unless the goalie is really quick thinking and good.

I think they need to code the goalies to react to the puck no matter if it gets pulled back or not, it's some flaw in the code itself as to how they react. it SHOULD be an easy fix, but who the fuck knows.

[quote name='DestroVega']I think the faceoffs being changed are a huge thing, because hockey is not just time it right... most of the time when I take draws, I get my arm and hands hacked to shit. a clean draw like what happens in the game every draw happens once ever 6 or 7 times in a real game for me.

But yeah, if they don't fix the glitch shot, it's really terrible. there will be no way to fix the cross crease, but if you are on a 2-on-1 in real life, you wouldn't stop it most of the time either, unless the goalie is really quick thinking and good.

I think they need to code the goalies to react to the puck no matter if it gets pulled back or not, it's some flaw in the code itself as to how they react. it SHOULD be an easy fix, but who the fuck knows.[/QUOTE]

Cross creases really aren't the goalies fault at all, which is why I don't consider them a glitch. It's 100% because of the AI defensemen for playing shitty defense and letting their man get by them. As a few members of the CAG team were able to prove, basically all of the exploits in the game were stoppable with really good defense and a human goalie.

The problem came when we'd have to make up for the AI's stupidity and cover multiple positions. That needs to be EA's #1 focus this coming year: getting the AI to play like a person that knows what he's doing. If it isn't, the game won't be worth owning. It's really that simple.

I need to go find an aericle in one of the gaming mags I just got. They talk about how cross crease is a part of real hockey so they don't want to take it away completely but they are trying to make it less of a full time strategy option. This is how I want it to be, if you leave a passing lane across the front of your net wide open you should get scored on but it shouldn't bounce off six people and into the net.

If they fix the AI it will help a ton. I still won't believe any of the developer comments crap because of how that ended up with goalies last year. The best way for them to get me to preorder would be an EASHL online demo.

[quote name='DarkTower80']I need to go find an aericle in one of the gaming mags I just got. They talk about how cross crease is a part of real hockey so they don't want to take it away completely but they are trying to make it less of a full time strategy option. This is how I want it to be, if you leave a passing lane across the front of your net wide open you should get scored on but it shouldn't bounce off six people and into the net.

If they fix the AI it will help a ton. I still won't believe any of the developer comments crap because of how that ended up with goalies last year. The best way for them to get me to preorder would be an EASHL online demo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well that's why it's crazy to call it a glitch. You mean a wide open man all by himself in front of the goalie has a good chance of scoring? No way! lol. But those breaks shouldn't be happening 50 times a game. It should be happening when teams play aggressive and pinch their defensemen in on offense, or someone takes a gamble going after a loose puck. It shouldn't happen because the defenseman turns his back or skates into the corner or some stupid shit. And it SURE as hell shouldn't happen when you set your defensive strategy to "defend net". I'd love to see an EASHL online demo, but there's no way EA has the balls to do it.

Well faceoffs were a huge deal to me, and the new options seem great. But yeah, I doubt it was the #1 request, considering most of their hardcore audience seems to play EASHL anyway. I stopped playing a long time ago because I couldn't stand the AI defense. I don't know why they can't code it so they simply stay in a lane so far wide and play better positioning in relation to where the puck is.

I will believe it when I see it. I don't trust EA's definition of "not retarded" anymore, lol. If they could program the AI to play better than somebody playing this game for the first time, I'll be impressed.

Just saw more of what I didn't want, in the new game informer they talk about goalies being too strong and working on goalie angles to make it easier to score. They already can't play an angle properly to save their lives and they want to make it worse???

[quote name='DarkTower80']Just saw more of what I didn't want, in the new game informer they talk about goalies being too strong and working on goalie angles to make it easier to score. They already can't play an angle properly to save their lives and they want to make it worse???[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA...oh my God, EA. Really? The reason AI goalies made some amazing saves had nothing to do with angles. It was because the developers overcompensated and gave them ridiculous reflexes and hand eye coordination to try to make up for their horrible positioning. How many times did we see a goalie reach 2 feet to his left and snatch a puck out of mid air right before it crossed the goal line? Nice to see they can assess a problem though... A big reason I don't have high hopes for NHL 11 is because there will be no 2K game this year. Not that there has been huge competition lately anyway, but EA has the entire hockey market now. They could put out the exact same game and make a fortune.

There's that Gretzky game with the stick peripheral thing.

Too bad Midway shut down. I want Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey 2011. hell, they could make a real 3D version for the 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back