Official NHL 10 CAG Team REBOOT - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Night Fridays @ 8-12 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't be able to make it tonight probably. If people are on late like usual, I'll probably catch you guys, but otherwise, see ya next week.

looks like it's going to be a pretty late start with a low turnout tonight...

Yankee game is going to start on time it looks like, I'll be on after if anyone wants to play some OTP or league if it's thin...

n8... i guess you took me off your friends list?... but if I get on and you are there I'll find you.

Also... GM mode... how do you get the "phones" you need to get the achievement?

[quote name='DestroVega']

Also... GM mode... how do you get the "phones" you need to get the achievement?[/QUOTE]

It is all about your GM reputation, not about completing the goals. The best way to do it is to just stack your team with all the top players before starting the dynasty. Then start it up and then just sim all the games. It should unlock near the end of the season. If it doesn't, then just make sure you win the Cup and you should get it after the season or early in the 2nd season.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']It is all about your GM reputation, not about completing the goals. The best way to do it is to just stack your team with all the top players before starting the dynasty. Then start it up and then just sim all the games. It should unlock near the end of the season. If it doesn't, then just make sure you win the Cup and you should get it after the season or early in the 2nd season.[/QUOTE]

thanks!

Well, the Yankee game is over (4-1 win..woohoo!), but it doesn't look like anybody is playing NHL. I hate feeling like if I don't play, nobody plays. I know I'm not THAT important, guys, haha. Maybe tonight was just a bad night for everybody. Just makes me wonder where all the guys are who signed up for the team around the time the game came out. Anyway, if nobody is playing, I might just watch a movie with the wife. Look at what you guys are making me do! haha j/k :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, the Yankee game is over (4-1 win..woohoo!), but it doesn't look like anybody is playing NHL. I hate feeling like if I don't play, nobody plays. I know I'm not THAT important, guys, haha. Maybe tonight was just a bad night for everybody. Just makes me wonder where all the guys are who signed up for the team around the time the game came out. Anyway, if nobody is playing, I might just watch a movie with the wife. Look at what you guys are making me do! haha j/k :)[/QUOTE]

I saw a few team members online, but they were playing different games. I just bought 4 games at the Toys R Us sale, so I played ODST.

[quote name='Matt Young']I saw a few team members online, but they were playing different games. I just bought 4 games at the Toys R Us sale, so I played ODST.[/QUOTE]

fuck ODST

[quote name='Pure Apathy']fuck ODST[/QUOTE]

My thoughts Exactly! I was actually out and about getting set up for our big shin dig today. Then I played some Merc mode on RE5.

I don't know bout the Sharks, but the Panthers had enough on to play...got in a few games before bed, added to my point total.

[quote name='Wpark83']I don't know bout the Sharks, but the Panthers had enough on to play...got in a few games before bed, added to my point total.[/QUOTE]

"The Panthers having enough on to play" can consist of you and your brother. You make it sound like some kind of huge accomplishment. Not trying to start any shit here...just saying. I know Shady was on last night too, so hopefully he got to play with you guys. Like I said though, I think it was just a busy night for a lot of people.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']"The Panthers having enough on to play" can consist of you and your brother. You make it sound like some kind of huge accomplishment. Not trying to start any shit here...just saying. I know Shady was on last night too, so hopefully he got to play with you guys. Like I said though, I think it was just a busy night for a lot of people.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we played a couple with Shady. I read that a lot of people were busy, and Vulcan had to sell the game I guess.

There will come a point where the two teams is going to make it harder to field squads... probably in a few months.

[quote name='DestroVega']Yeah, we played a couple with Shady. I read that a lot of people were busy, and Vulcan had to sell the game I guess.

There will come a point where the two teams is going to make it harder to field squads... probably in a few months.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but you're really only talking about 2 people from each team being on. That's not a tremendous demand, but ultimately, people will still have to decide whether they want to play this or something else. I think the fact that this year's game is so similar to last year's (glitches and all) might cause people to get burned out quicker than they did last year.

I know it only takes me a couple games with cross creasing, cherry picking, no defense playing randoms before I just don't want to play online anymore. Once the MLB playoffs are over, I'll be fully devoted on Friday nights though. Hockey season is just starting. I know of a couple people from last year's team who are just now getting the game. Can't panic at the first lull in the season.

Took two days, but finally worked back up to a B+, ugh. Just need to go up another half and I wont have to worry about my grade any more.

[quote name='slickkill77']I don't know if I'll be back. The bullshit goals and everything else just piss me off to much.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's kinda the point of having 2 CAG teams. We play each other and don't glitch each other the entire game like 95% of the people who play online. It's not a perfect system, but is usually more enjoyable.

I guess I've just gotten lucky in not playing any games yet where the other team just exploits one way of scoring. The only real thing I've encountered that sucks is playing with random people and no one playing like a team. Just a lot of guy not sticking to their positions and what not. Though, I've only played about 30 games so...I'm sure I'm due to run into some of it.

And N8, I'm not trying to make it a big accomplishment...but you made it seem like NO ONE was playing, and that wasn't the case. We could have done two on two or three on three vs. the two clubs. Are we trying to get 6 on 6 every time we play? Cause I'll throw down money in the pot that will never happen, if very rarely.

[quote name='Wpark83']I guess I've just gotten lucky in not playing any games yet where the other team just exploits one way of scoring. The only real thing I've encountered that sucks is playing with random people and no one playing like a team. Just a lot of guy not sticking to their positions and what not. Though, I've only played about 30 games so...I'm sure I'm due to run into some of it.

And N8, I'm not trying to make it a big accomplishment...but you made it seem like NO ONE was playing, and that wasn't the case. We could have done two on two or three on three vs. the two clubs. Are we trying to get 6 on 6 every time we play? Cause I'll throw down money in the pot that will never happen, if very rarely.[/QUOTE]

Alan (moojuice) posted a video of a few of the glitch shots a few pages back. But here's the one that's probably most prevalent, aside from cross creases. If you don't notice people trying to cross crease all the time, you're just not paying attention. Yes, I know. You can stop it by having your center come down to defend the passing lane. But it still would be nice if people would actually play the game right as opposed to trying to win via bullshit.

Anyway, this is what I see a lot of people skate down the ice and do, and it does work against an AI goalie most of the time. This is how 4 goals on 9 shots happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReEWQKmIjG0

Also, of course we're not going to have 6 on 6 every week. I never said anything about that. But tell me who was on Friday that we could have played 3 on 3? What would have been available was having Shady switch teams, and then we could have played 2 on 2. Since I wasn't able to start until midnight anyway, I didn't think it was worth all that trouble just so I could play a couple games. We just had some guys who were busy that night. That's all.

Honestly, it's a rare night when neither Alan nor myself can play. As long as each team has a couple "regulars", I think we'll mostly be fine. If you want to consider yourself and Destro the "regulars" on the Sex Panthers, then most of the time, there will be enough for at least 2 on 2.

I played a couple with Destro and WPark. Pretty competitive, but my 360 froze after the last game and I called it quits.

Also if there is a time where you guys need me to change sides, I'm up for it. I'm sure it'll be tough to get some games in with some pretty awesome games coming out in the next couple weeks. Borderlands and Forza 3 to name a few.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Also, of course we're not going to have 6 on 6 every week. I never said anything about that. But tell me who was on Friday that we could have played 3 on 3? What would have been available was having Shady switch teams, and then we could have played 2 on 2. Since I wasn't able to start until midnight anyway, I didn't think it was worth all that trouble just so I could play a couple games. We just had some guys who were busy that night. That's all.

Honestly, it's a rare night when neither Alan nor myself can play. As long as each team has a couple "regulars", I think we'll mostly be fine. If you want to consider yourself and Destro the "regulars" on the Sex Panthers, then most of the time, there will be enough for at least 2 on 2.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, I have seen that shot a lot. haven't seen it score 100% of the time, but the majority of the time, it does score, just never thought of it as a glitch type thing, just a deke kind of move. Makes sense though.

And I didn't mention anything about your team (hence when I said, I don't know bout you guys) cause I don't know who is on the Sharks, or when they are online. I don't have many on my friends list anymore. So that's why I didn't know.

[quote name='Wpark83']Ah yes, I have seen that shot a lot. haven't seen it score 100% of the time, but the majority of the time, it does score, just never thought of it as a glitch type thing, just a deke kind of move. Makes sense though.

And I didn't mention anything about your team (hence when I said, I don't know bout you guys) cause I don't know who is on the Sharks, or when they are online. I don't have many on my friends list anymore. So that's why I didn't know.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well there are a decent number of threads and videos illustrating the extremely high success rate of that shot, so there is something to it. And when it gets to the point where people ONLY do that shot because they know it has a better chance of getting past the goalie, it becomes pretty cheap. But my general opinion on the glitch shots is that their effectiveness is inherently linked to the skill with which the players can execute them.

I mean, there are also some people online who can't cross crease "correctly" because they pass the puck too late and end up sending it right into the goalie's pads or against the side of the goal. But when you run into a team that has it down to a science, jabbing a pen into your eye for 30 minutes is a more enjoyable experience. Either way, just the fact that you're playing against people who are continuously TRYING to cheat is frustrating. But it is what it is. Hopefully we'll have more CAGs online this Friday and can get some honest games going.

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/10/20/nhl-10-title-update-details.aspx

Summary: Title Update sometime around November 5th.

My personal highlights:
-Added the ability for a user to apply boost slots to authentic helmets. (but how many?)
-Fixed the bug that would make a player sometimes exit pass blocking (L1/LT) when they got close to their goalie.
-Improved goalie aggressiveness when poking the puck on cross-crease passes.
-Improved the ability of defencemen are able to do puck pickups behind them to help defend cross-crease passes
-Reduced the ability to stuff the puck through the goalie by running into him without shooting (most common on wraparounds and reaching puck pickups)
-Reduced accidental interference in front of net
-Prevent slap passes from being deflected at large angles
-Prevent accidental saucer passes after receiving the puck while trying to poke check (because both actions are on R1/RT)
-Tuning to reduce occurrence of tripping penalties when the player being tripped is stationary or moving slowly

Looks like this patch will make it a lot easier to play defense. Though it's pretty much cliche now, we still have to acknowledge that this is EA after all, and who knows what might be broken as a result of these changes

[quote name='moojuice']

Looks like this patch will make it a lot easier to play defense. Though it's pretty much cliche now, we still have to acknowledge that this is EA after all, and who knows what might be broken as a result of these changes[/QUOTE]

That's what I like to hear.

Also, I think you missed the biggest one:

Fixed the exploit to slap-shot a 5-hole goal from below the face-off circle.

You're right, that is very important.

Guess I didn't bring it up since I've only seen it happen online maybe twice (people seem to try the curve shot more than the low slapper), so I wasn't too concerned with it.

I've seen it quite a bit, but I guess it doesn't bother me that much. I actually don't get too bothered at cheap goals because I don't know when goals are cheap. It seems like most people are of the belief that any goal that is scored against them is cheap, and any goal that they score is an amazing display of skill.

The things that bother me are thing like how it makes you come out of shot blocking when you're near the goal, or when people can force you into board play when they're skating down the ice behind you. Stuff like that is clearly glitchy.

I'm excited for the patch. I'm glad they haven't mentioned much about "more penalties" like last year's patch. I think they've found a good balance with checking and penalties and stuff.

Now on that glitch goal shot that n8rockerasu posted in post #1057 what make the shot a glitch? Is it the deke right before the shot or is the way the player curls the stick and than shoots or is it a combination of both? I ask because a lot of the times when I try a straight up slapshot I get the guy I am controlling to do the curl behind his body and than a hard wrister. I always am trying to do a slapper but I get the curl shot more than half the time. I think it is because my hands are so big and my thumb cant do a straight up and down motion I had the same problem playing the Tiger Woods games since they have switched to stick based swinging.

Does anybody else find it ironic that a lot of the fixes listed in the upcoming patch are the same things the final patch from 09 fixed? (with the absence of the 99 glitch, thankfully) They must have had some horrible players testing this game this year if they honestly thought cross creases were eliminated and there were no glitch shots (curve shots and wrap arounds should have been the first thing they checked for, considering their prevalence in last year's game). We can only hope that this patch will do what it promises without making any other portion of the game miserable to play (ie. way too many penalties).

On the subject of what constitutes a "glitch shot", my opinion is that it's anything that has an extremely high success rate and can be replicated over and over. The deke/curve shot from the faceoff circle is without question more effective than it should be. I'm not as knowledgable on the subject as Alan, but my guess would be the deke somehow freezes the goalie and then when people hook that shot, he's just stuck and it goes right over his shoulder.

I stand by my statement that most times when you see it not work, the person doing it either isn't as skilled at it, or the defense is just hounding him so bad, he can't execute it properly. Obviously, you always need good defense. But there shouldn't be any shot that the goalie just gets beat on more than 50% of the time (except maybe on a breakaway). And if they weren't so effective, you wouldn't see so many people abandoning good hockey fundamentals to exclusively attempt these kinds of shots. I have to consider that a glitch.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's the combination of both. When the shot is made, the goalie will always reach to the side to save it- they are never lined up to block the shot with the body. If you look at the slo-mo replays, when the skater goes to the backhand, the goalie will slide over maybe a foot or two towards the backhand side. The goalie is just enough out of position, so that the power of the curl wrister gets over the goalie's shoulder. A straight up wrist shot from the same area, even with the curl; won't beat the goalie, which is why I think the backhand deke is what does it.

As far as the curling when trying to do a slapshot, yeah, its because you are moving the right stick back at too much of an angle. I do that sometimes too. When you do it, try looking at a replay and pay attention to the stick position indicators. Usually it will be barley off the red borders (for me anyways).

As for the patch, yeah, it's pretty ironic that it is mostly the same stuff. I do find it funny that they brag how they can tune over 2000 things overnight, but they have only done one, maybe two tuner updates. They've also said before they are aiming for bi-weekly roster updates, so we'll see how that goes.

The problem with "glitch goals" is that there is no A.I learning. Fool me once, shame on you, etc. etc. With good human defenders, pull a cross crease once, and they will start checking the open man or lay down in the crease. Pull a cross crease on an A.I, and they will wonder when lunch time is, what the weather will be like tomorrow, wonder if their skates are tied, etc.
Now I'm not saying that the programers should have programed that in, because that would probably be nearly impossible to program into a video game, but what I am saying is that the cheese goals are a result of the lack of a.i learning/adaptability.

Yeah but those "glitch" goals only work when you have Crosby and Alex shooting... mostly... most of them ringed off the post then in.

[quote name='DestroVega']Yeah but those "glitch" goals only work when you have Crosby and Alex shooting... mostly... most of them ringed off the post then in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, don't take this the wrong way Destro, but why does it seem like you and Wpark are EA nuthuggers? Every time someone points out a flaw in the game, you guys jump on your horse to defend it. I'm not all EA gloom and doom by any means, but if there's a legitimate problem it should be acknowledged. And that's clearly the case since this patch is trying to address several of those areas.

I think it's funny and ironic how they ALREADY need a patch. I thought this was the end all of the NHL Games cause it was so perfect? Apparently not eh?

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I think it's funny and ironic how they ALREADY need a patch. I thought this was the end all of the NHL Games cause it was so perfect? Apparently not eh?[/QUOTE]

Well, it's just the same crap as last year. Whatever "top players" they brought in to test the game were either too scared to glitch in front of EA or didn't want the exploits to be fixed so they could use them again this year. Either way, poor Q&A for EA to send out a game 2 years in a row with virtually the same exploits.

I still think this year's game is great, but even with the improvements in gameplay, the style that most teams employ online renders most of that stuff useless, and the game just devolves into NHL 09 again. Board play has become the new sticklift for glitching teams who use it as a way to "catch up" with your player since it can be initiated from like 5 feet behind the puck carrier. EA will never be able to force people to play the right way, but hopefully this patch will cut down on the reward for bullshit. That's the most we can hope for.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, don't take this the wrong way Destro, but why does it seem like you and Wpark are EA nuthuggers? Every time someone points out a flaw in the game, you guys jump on your horse to defend it. I'm not all EA gloom and doom by any means, but if there's a legitimate problem it should be acknowledged. And that's clearly the case since this patch is trying to address several of those areas.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I can say the same for you on the other end of the spectrum. Because I do think some of the stuff we complain about can be stopped by changing the way we play the game a bit.... or, if a team scores one of those terrible goals where you jerk the deke back and shoot... why don't we just even the score up doing the same?

That's all I'm trying to say.

And, before Moo told me... I did legitimately think you need to be an actual NHL player to mak those shots cause in the videos most were ringing in off the post... if that isn't so, I am wrong.

But let's be honest, in online sports games, there is going to be some sort of cheapness to it, in just about any game. Madden has tons of idiots doing shit that shouldn't fly.

[quote name='DestroVega']Yeah but I can say the same for you on the other end of the spectrum. Because I do think some of the stuff we complain about can be stopped by changing the way we play the game a bit.... or, if a team scores one of those terrible goals where you jerk the deke back and shoot... why don't we just even the score up doing the same?

That's all I'm trying to say.

And, before Moo told me... I did legitimately think you need to be an actual NHL player to mak those shots cause in the videos most were ringing in off the post... if that isn't so, I am wrong.

But let's be honest, in online sports games, there is going to be some sort of cheapness to it, in just about any game. Madden has tons of idiots doing shit that shouldn't fly.[/QUOTE]

No, I agree. I just think I'd stop playing the game before I crossed over to the "if you can't beat em', join 'em" crowd. I've played on random teams with people who glitch, and for me, it's just as awful going both ways. I mean, you might get a win out of it, but the game you participate in is so devoid of "real hockey", it just feels pointless.

I realize EA is never going to patch up all the holes in any of their games, but maybe foolishly, I'll still hold out hope. I mean, I'm just grateful they didn't do anything to fuck up this year's game to make it WORSE than last year's (ala MLB 09). The offline gameplay is fantastic. The only reason there's really a problem online at all is because of the way people choose to play. The only way EA could really fix that is with AI learning like moojuice mentioned.

An eye for an eye etc etc.
When that happens, the game just ends up with two people on each side doing the same thing over and over, which frankly, is boring as fuck in my opinion. It's not like Team A scores a cheeser, team B responds with a cheese, then team A think "Oh no, they can do it too, lets stop."

Even as a defenseman, stopping the same cross crease goal nearly every single drive gets boring- to the point where I've gotten bored and have tried to find more creative ways to stop a cross crease. The problem is that there are really only two effective ways to stop it, and any another other way is just too risky. At the end of 09, when many teams played exclusively for cross creases, defense boiled down to Skating backwards into our zone, skate to the low slot, then either: a.) lay down in the crease, or b.) Check the skater skating across from the puck, then clearing the puck, skate to the offensive zone, wait until the puck changes possession, then repeat.

I agree that it is inevitable that there will be cheap was to play sport games, but along the same lines, the same problems shouldn't be popping up year after year, and developers should find methods to cut down on some of the cheap tactics. For example, take fighting this year. It is almost baffling that there is no fatigue in a fight. Quick guys can throw punch after punch so quickly for an entire fight, which makes blocking nearly useless.

Honestly, this whole thread makes me want to never play multi-player again. And, actually, the single-player is really fun. Maybe that's what I'll do.

But, in all honesty, the glitching doesn't really bug me that bad. If that's how someone wants to play, then that's their problem.

[quote name='ChunkyB']Honestly, this whole thread makes me want to never play multi-player again. And, actually, the single-player is really fun. Maybe that's what I'll do.

But, in all honesty, the glitching doesn't really bug me that bad. If that's how someone wants to play, then that's their problem.[/QUOTE]

I hope you mean because of the things that have been pointed out, and not just because we're talking about it. I don't get why people react that way to simple discussion. It's a legitimate gripe with the game, and one that has caused a drop in popularity this year (I think people are burning out quicker this year from facing the same problems as last year right out of the gate). What should we be talking about?

And I don't get your last statement at all. It's ok to spend hours playing a game against people who manipulate the game so you have a lower chance of winning? Because to me, that's a complete waste of time. Anyway, if there are actually people who still want to play for fun, I'll be around for some CAG vs CAG games tomorrow night at the regular time.

I will probably be out for most of tomorrow night. I told some friends I would check out some band their relative is playing in near my house. I might be able to play until 9:30 or something... maybe. I don't know the schedule at all yet.

And, there will still be life left in this game... we still had 5-8 players every Friday 6 months deep last year. We can definitely do that again.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I hope you mean because of the things that have been pointed out, and not just because we're talking about it. I don't get why people react that way to simple discussion. It's a legitimate gripe with the game, and one that has caused a drop in popularity this year (I think people are burning out quicker this year from facing the same problems as last year right out of the gate). What should we be talking about?

And I don't get your last statement at all. It's ok to spend hours playing a game against people who manipulate the game so you have a lower chance of winning? Because to me, that's a complete waste of time. Anyway, if there are actually people who still want to play for fun, I'll be around for some CAG vs CAG games tomorrow night at the regular time.[/QUOTE]

I hardly thought my comment would incite anger. I thought it was a pretty low key comment. I wasn't saying that we should be talking about something else. I was just saying that it's impossible to make perfect AI, and that's how games have always been. People have always been able to exploit it. It's nothing new in the last few years.

I think it's funny too how you question "if there are still people who want to play for fun" when your argument in the previous sentence is basically saying that it's only fun if you win. Haven't "playing for fun" and "playing to win" always kind of been opposites. I don't think it's a waste of time if I have a lower chance of winning, because winning isn't the only thing that's fun to me. Playing the game is fun. And, whether or not the other team gets cheap goals, I still think it's a fun game to play.

And, of course I still want to play CAG vs. CAG games. I didn't even mention those games. I think some of you people need to just chill out and have fun with the game. Why the hell else do you even play?

And, yes, for the record, I'm referring to the things that are being pointed out, not just the fact that they're being discussed. I was kind of trying to make a joke because it seemed like everyone agreed that playing online sucked because of all the glitches. I was just pointing out that I still think it's a fun game.

[quote name='ChunkyB']I hardly thought my comment would incite anger. I thought it was a pretty low key comment. I wasn't saying that we should be talking about something else. I was just saying that it's impossible to make perfect AI, and that's how games have always been. People have always been able to exploit it. It's nothing new in the last few years.

I think it's funny too how you question "if there are still people who want to play for fun" when your argument in the previous sentence is basically saying that it's only fun if you win. Haven't "playing for fun" and "playing to win" always kind of been opposites. I don't think it's a waste of time if I have a lower chance of winning, because winning isn't the only thing that's fun to me. Playing the game is fun. And, whether or not the other team gets cheap goals, I still think it's a fun game to play.

And, of course I still want to play CAG vs. CAG games. I didn't even mention those games. I think some of you people need to just chill out and have fun with the game. Why the hell else do you even play?

And, yes, for the record, I'm referring to the things that are being pointed out, not just the fact that they're being discussed. I was kind of trying to make a joke because it seemed like everyone agreed that playing online sucked because of all the glitches. I was just pointing out that I still think it's a fun game.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't angry. I just wasn't sure what you meant by "this whole thread makes me never want to play multiplayer again". Knowing you, I didn't think you meant it in a dick way. I was just confused by the statement.

As for only having fun when I win...that's not what I meant at all. The difference in the CAG vs CAG games is just the peace of mind knowing that someone's not trying to fuck you in the ass the entire game (although when Matt Young plays...you have to wonder sometimes, haha j/k).

But I definitely don't need to win to have fun. I just want a fair game. That's it. There's not much else to say about it because it's beating a dead horse at this point. I didn't mean anything personal toward you though. Like I said, I just wasn't sure what you meant.

I totally agree with everything you said. I think the glitching probably doesn't bother me as much as it bothers some people, but it can be annoying.

I think having a fair game definitely does make it the most fun. I'm looking forward to the CAG v CAG games tomorrow. I'll have to make myself go to bed at a decent hour though, because College Gameday is right here in Provo on Saturday, so I gotta have my energy to go cheer on the Cougars.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, don't take this the wrong way Destro, but why does it seem like you and Wpark are EA nuthuggers? Every time someone points out a flaw in the game, you guys jump on your horse to defend it. I'm not all EA gloom and doom by any means, but if there's a legitimate problem it should be acknowledged. And that's clearly the case since this patch is trying to address several of those areas.[/QUOTE]

I don't think we defend flaws. We just don't let a minor thing ruin something we paid 60 dollars for.

Especially when it comes to "glitches". Last year they were awful, but this year, most of these "glitches" can be beat by just playing defense. The whole, curl back-wrist shot thing, if you see the guy getting into a position where he's going to skate across and take that shot, check him. I played a guy this morning who got that goal 30 seconds in, and at that point, I told the defensemen to line up with him every time he comes across the blue line and check him. And that was that. He didn't score the rest of the game, much less pull that shot off.

And that's really the only major thing I see that disrupts good games from happening...I don't feel much else happening is "glitch" worthy. Sure, the goalies could be a bit better with pucks in front...sliders can always be tweaked. But I'm not a "nuthugger", I just don't need to dissect everything bad that happens to my team during a loss as a glitch to justify that loss. Cause no offense, that what it sounds like in here a lot of the time. I'm not singling anyone out with that statement, but that's just how it seems to me.

[quote name='Wpark83']I don't think we defend flaws. We just don't let a minor thing ruin something we paid 60 dollars for.

Especially when it comes to "glitches". Last year they were awful, but this year, most of these "glitches" can be beat by just playing defense. The whole, curl back-wrist shot thing, if you see the guy getting into a position where he's going to skate across and take that shot, check him. I played a guy this morning who got that goal 30 seconds in, and at that point, I told the defensemen to line up with him every time he comes across the blue line and check him. And that was that. He didn't score the rest of the game, much less pull that shot off.

And that's really the only major thing I see that disrupts good games from happening...I don't feel much else happening is "glitch" worthy. Sure, the goalies could be a bit better with pucks in front...sliders can always be tweaked. But I'm not a "nuthugger", I just don't need to dissect everything bad that happens to my team during a loss as a glitch to justify that loss. Cause no offense, that what it sounds like in here a lot of the time. I'm not singling anyone out with that statement, but that's just how it seems to me.[/QUOTE]

Be that as it may, EA is still working on fixing it. So, obviously, it exists. It's not like something we're making up. I also think BECAUSE of the fact that I paid $60 for the game is more of a reason to care about it. I completely agree with you that it can (mostly) be stopped with a full team of human players. I think the main discrepency here was the AI not doing their part, which then causes you to have to make up for them most of the time.

I think that's basically what EA is trying to address with this patch. Making the AI more "aware". Although I've said before, if they lack the cognizance to not clear the puck on a penalty kill with 30 seconds left in the game and down by a goal, I don't know how much they can be helped, haha. Anyway, I understand where you're coming from, and trust me, my desire is not to just hate on this game for no reason. I want to have a great time with it. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to make that happen. Hopefully we can get some Sex vs Crotch games going tomorrow night.

The thing I wanted EA to fix the most was cross passes in front of the net that could be stopped by the goalie himself by poke checking... that's what happens in real hockey... they failed bigtime.

[quote name='DestroVega']The thing I wanted EA to fix the most was cross passes in front of the net that could be stopped by the goalie himself by poke checking... that's what happens in real hockey... they failed bigtime.[/QUOTE]

Well what's weird is, that's what a lot of their damn preview videos showed before the game came out. The goalie was moving out of the crease and knocking shit away. But for some reason, it just doesn't happen online. I don't know if it's just the way people play or what, but for the most part, the goalie plays exactly the same as last year. The patch is supposed to make him more aggressive though, but we'll see if that translates to "out of position all the time", lol. At least we know the animation exists this time. They just need to make it more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back