Official NHL 10 CAG Team REBOOT - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Night Fridays @ 8-12 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DestroVega']I like the passes... it's way more realistic.[/QUOTE]

I do too. I'm just saying it takes getting used to, and practice (or at least a revised way of thinking from last year) to stay good at.

[quote name='moojuice']Will be a bit late, as usual.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. I'll be hopping on in about 5 minutes for anybody who's ready to go. I know Matt was wanting to get a quick game in before he has to leave, so if we've already started when anyone else gets on, just wait for us. Anybody who wants to play who needs an invite, message me. I just want to make sure we don't miss anybody tonight.

CAG Hockey Night! GAME ON!!! :)

Sorry Nate. As I said in my message on Live, we ended up leaving earlier than I had expected, so I was unable to get a game in. I actually just got back a few minutes ago.

We received a magnet schedule, and it appears that 27 of 32 home games will be on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Unfortunately, that means I will miss a lot of Friday night sessions.

I didn't mind the passing, it's just when I would be aiming right at my guy, skating forward, press the pass button and my pass goes sideways into the board or backwards. Its dumb.

I might be on. I've had a hankering to play Skate all day, for some odd reason, but I think I will be able to pull myself away from that for some hockey.

I might be on if I get back home early enough, probably wont be on within the first hour.

This will probably be my last CAG Hockey night. Been sitting on a "recruitment" offer for a while from a full team that plays nearly every day, and as most of you know, I play the shit out of this game. Nothing personal against anyone or the team(s), but playing with/against randoms every night is not the ideal way to play this game. If you guys play non-ranked games though, definitely hit me up and I'll play.

[quote name='moojuice']I might be on if I get back home early enough, probably wont be on within the first hour.

This will probably be my last CAG Hockey night. Been sitting on a "recruitment" offer for a while from a full team that plays nearly every day, and as most of you know, I play the shit out of this game. Nothing personal against anyone or the team(s), but playing with/against randoms every night is not the ideal way to play this game. If you guys play non-ranked games though, definitely hit me up and I'll play.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. I don't blame you. In all honesty, I'd like to play more regularly too. It feels like people were committed to this game for about a month this year, and then just found better things to do. Having said that, I'm getting Lego Rock Band today, so if we struggle to get games going tonight, I'll probably just join the crowd and play something else.

I'm just not feeling hockey this year....I don't think I'll be on. I'll probably play batman or 007 try to finish those up so I can send those out on goozex

ATTN: Crotch Sharks- as some of you already know, I am often gone on Friday nights due to my friend and I having season tickets to the local ECHL team. Would anyone care to play on any other day? I only need 1 teammate, but the more, the merrier.

[quote name='Matt Young']ATTN: Crotch Sharks- as some of you already know, I am often gone on Friday nights due to my friend and I having season tickets to the local ECHL team. Would anyone care to play on any other day? I only need 1 teammate, but the more, the merrier.[/QUOTE]

I am most definitely down. No one shows up on Friday

I was just thinking about this the other night. Since this game seemed to completely fall out of favor with a lot of people, I'd like to "regroup" whoever is still interested in playing on a team and having at least a once a week game night (I'd even be fine with moving it to a different night if it helps). I could care less about the teams anymore. I just want to play good fundamental hockey.

I had some really great games with randoms a few nights ago and it reminded me how well this game works when played properly. Passing and defense are really the keys to everything. I didn't even see a single glitch goal in the 4-5 games I played. I don't know what nights work for you, Matt. But you're more of a social butterfly than most of us, so let us know when you'd want to do it. Anybody else who wants to play who has an opinion on a specific night, feel free to comment as well. I just want to have a team again.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I was just thinking about this the other night. Since this game seemed to completely fall out of favor with a lot of people, I'd like to "regroup" whoever is still interested in playing on a team and having at least a once a week game night (I'd even be fine with moving it to a different night if it helps). I could care less about the teams anymore. I just want to play good fundamental hockey.

I had some really great games with randoms a few nights ago and it reminded me how well this game works when played properly. Passing and defense are really the keys to everything. I didn't even see a single glitch goal in the 4-5 games I played. I don't know what nights work for you, Matt. But you're more of a social butterfly than most of us, so let us know when you'd want to do it. Anybody else who wants to play who has an opinion on a specific night, feel free to comment as well. I just want to have a team again.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to still be playing, no one "one night" really works for me, especially with my work load until the end of the year... but I'll try to make it when you guys decide on one.

I'd love to play again, I really only played one week with you guys. Just got real busy with things. Nights don't really matter to me as well.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I think we all switched to cod mw2 lol[/QUOTE]

I'll be playing both.

I'm free most nights except Friday-Sunday, though I will be able to play a week from Friday if we're still doing it on that night. I haven't gone to the gym lately, so I don't have that taking up my time on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

[quote name='Matt Young']Who's playing tonight? I'll actually be home.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, does anybody want to play tonight? I'll probably get on around 8-8:30 PM EST in case anyone wants to play some OTP. Really weird that so many people got bored with hockey this year...especially all those Pens fans just coming off a Cup victory.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I think it's cause it's just NHL 09 version 2 mostly.[/QUOTE]

This...

and also, tons of huge releases came out right after.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Third jerseys, or lack there of... or hell older jerseys too. Then again, that's EA for ya.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was disappointed there were only like 5. I do wish they'd do more with throwback jerseys. That's the one thing that Madden has gotten amazing at.

Anybody up for a CAG hockey night tomorrow? I feel like we should get a count going of who can get on for tomorrow.

I really feel like playing so I hope we can get a couple of people. We need to reorganize how the teams are set up as well, I guess we'll all be Crotch Sharks.

Ah, wish I could play tonight, but the wife is home from work so I'm sure we'll be watching a movie or something. Unless I can find something to keep her occupied. Outlook is doubtful, lol.

EDIT - Nevermind. Worked my magic. I'll be able to play now, haha. I'll be on around 8 PM EST. See you guys then! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that's just how it goes, isn't it? I'm on now if anybody remembers that they might would maybe want to play sometime...if they remember. (Not meant to be offensive. Let's call it ironically sarcastic, lol :))

EDIT - kickflip and I played one game tonight...sort of. I think his 360 froze or something because we dropped near the end. Man, I either need to find a new team, or just finish the achievements in this game and trade it in. It's really starting to feel like a waste.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']EDIT - kickflip and I played one game tonight...sort of. I think his 360 froze or something because we dropped near the end. Man, I either need to find a new team, or just finish the achievements in this game and trade it in. It's really starting to feel like a waste.[/QUOTE]

don't know what happened there. I got disconnected from the game but didn't get dropped from Live and you showed up as being offline. Sat there for 45 minutes and said to hell with it.

edit: with TRU still giving $25 for it, I think I might just trade it in

Ah, sorry.

I really did feel like playing too.

I'll be on next Friday though to make up for it, and I won't forget :) Maybe we can get the whole crew back together for old times sake.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Ah, sorry.

I really did feel like playing too.

I'll be on next Friday though to make up for it, and I won't forget :) Maybe we can get the whole crew back together for old times sake.[/QUOTE]

Hey, it wasn't just you man. Since there were other people posting in here saying they'd play, it made me think we were actually going to have like 4-5 people playing. But then when I convince my wife to just catch up on TV shows so I can play hockey with "the guys", I really feel like a jackass. No offense to anybody, but it's not worth the effort.

^ I'm pretty disappointed with the way this year turned out. last year even after January we got the real die-hards to play all the time. bummer.

Honestly, if I remember right last year didn't start of well at all either. There was a big break before we had new people take the team over and regroup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back