Official NHL 12 CAG Team - We're Back Baby!!! WifeBeaterz on Parole!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow, that would be great if it actually played like Tecmo Super Bowl. For some reason, I have my doubts though.[/QUOTE]

Especially when the Tecmo Bowl rerelease didn't play like Tecmo Bowl.

Another cool thing I've found out is that the season mode games are integrated into the online system where you can play season games online if you want and friends drop into them.

That comes from OS forums. I might drop the three bucks on it, just to check it out.

[quote name='moojuice']I'll probably be on later like usual.

You guys interested in doing a fantastic league?[/QUOTE]

Is that where we draft the thing and the human torch?

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I'd like a fantastic league with yall. Or even a fantasy one. I prob won't be home till 1am ish. Hopefully yall are still on by then.[/QUOTE]

A fantasy league. Is that where we talk about how we'd dress each other up and make each other talk with a funny accent? I'll be on tonight for sure.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']A fantasy league. Is that where we talk about how we'd dress each other up and make each other talk with a funny accent? I'll be on tonight for sure.[/QUOTE]

Ay guvernor.

Any preferences as far as what Site we want to use? I've only played a fantasy hockey League on Yahoo and i think it's less than stellar.

[quote name='moojuice']Any preferences as far as what Site we want to use? I've only played a fantasy hockey League on Yahoo and i think it's less than stellar.[/QUOTE]

Espn does pretty good fantasy sports.

Any idea on when we'd draft? I could do it from work Thursday night. I'm off tomorrow as well, but I'd guess we'd need some time to prepare. Or we could supplement hockey night with a fantasy draft.

[quote name='moojuice']Ok, I'll set up an ESPN league.

Preference on h2h or Roto?[/QUOTE]

I could go either way.

That's what she said.

Yall PM me your emails because that's how this here ESPN league handles invites, ya hear?

Thanks Rob for preemptively doing so. I can change the league settings prior to the Draft it seems like so you can take a look at the options there too

Be warned. Selecting Penalty Minutes as a category is kind of weird. Since it's a negative on the ice, you'd think it'd be a negative stat but it's not. It's simply a counting stat.

Gotcha, I took that off. I replaced it with points for the time being. I dont know if you guys can see the whole list of what I can pick, but it's pretty extensive. I'm all ears if there are categories you want/dont want.

I left it under Rotisserie for now...depending on how many people we have, H2H might have too many repeats IMO.

And taking a look, ATOI might be sometime I would want off. Maybe replace with hits?

On the goalie side, maybe add SO?

Try hits and blocked shots. I can't see the whole list, but I'm going on past experience. Those two categories give D-men some value.

optionsc.jpg

Also, the closest thing resembling a live draft is the Snake draft (Round 1, first to last, round 2 is last to first). Other wise we can do offline.

[quote name='moojuice']Also, the closest thing resembling a live draft is the Snake draft (Round 1, first to last, round 2 is last to first). Other wise we can do offline.[/QUOTE]

Snake draft is perfect I think.

Figured you guys might have some input...

Any of you guys have experience with Gamecenter Premium? If so thoughts on it? Worth it? How many devices can be connected at once?

[quote name='mvp828']Figured you guys might have some input...

Any of you guys have experience with Gamecenter Premium? If so thoughts on it? Worth it? How many devices can be connected at once?[/QUOTE]

We were actually discussing this the other night. With the way blackout restrictions are, it really only appeals to people who live far away from their team. I feel like this is particularly crappy for the NHL since games don't get broadcast by local affiliates. With the Titans, I can watch every single game on over the air CBS. And I know MLB is the same way for people who live near a team. But with the NHL, you're pretty much forced to get cable if you want to watch your team play.

And considering what a rip off cable packages are...and how many "tiers" you have to buy before you get to the Fox Sports channels, it's just not worth it. So, for a lot of fans, your only choice becomes going through "other means" to stream the games. If I could watch Preds games through Gamecenter, subscribe to ONLY the Fox Sports Tennessee channel, or even pay through the Predators website JUST to watch their games, I'd gladly do it. In this age of networks hosting their programming online, mobile streaming apps, etc. having these archaic blackout restrictions just seems incredibly counterproductive for the league.

Honestly, save your money and stream it. It's what I did for most of the KHL games. Being a brighthouse customer, they have thier own channel for the Lightning which is great. I also have The NHL network for free which we barely watch honestly. Just save and stream it.

Edit: Never played fantasy hockey, so what is the Utility thing we have to pick for draft?

[quote name='jza1218']Did you contact Kaster alan? He might be interested.[/QUOTE]
I didn't...Ill shoot him an invite. I think I've heard Captain Obvious Sya he plays fantasy, so I'll shoot him one too.
If there's anyone else on the Madden side who might be interested, let me know, or tell them to PM me their email. Depending on how big this gets, I don't know if a live draft will be feasible...

Gary, The Utility is like the "Any" for FIFA and NHL. You can have any player fill that spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might just want to limit it to eight and go from there anyway. No point in going through a lot of trouble to find enough people on short notice.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']We were actually discussing this the other night. With the way blackout restrictions are, it really only appeals to people who live far away from their team. I feel like this is particularly crappy for the NHL since games don't get broadcast by local affiliates. With the Titans, I can watch every single game on over the air CBS. And I know MLB is the same way for people who live near a team. But with the NHL, you're pretty much forced to get cable if you want to watch your team play.

And considering what a rip off cable packages are...and how many "tiers" you have to buy before you get to the Fox Sports channels, it's just not worth it. So, for a lot of fans, your only choice becomes going through "other means" to stream the games. If I could watch Preds games through Gamecenter, subscribe to ONLY the Fox Sports Tennessee channel, or even pay through the Predators website JUST to watch their games, I'd gladly do it. In this age of networks hosting their programming online, mobile streaming apps, etc. having these archaic blackout restrictions just seems incredibly counterproductive for the league.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Honestly, save your money and stream it. It's what I did for most of the KHL games. Being a brighthouse customer, they have thier own channel for the Lightning which is great. I also have The NHL network for free which we barely watch honestly. Just save and stream it.
[/QUOTE]

I used to just go ahead and stream any game that I didn't get on TV. I was more or less contemplating it for the convenience of streaming through the 360 or PS3. I'm not really worried about the blackouts since I have FSN Detroit and Versus for when they are on there. I was just more considering it to be able to see some of the other teams that I like to watch (Boston, Nashville, and a few of the bigger rivalry games). I don't know... I guess I'll just think about it for the next couple days. I definitely would get it if they didn't have the blackouts, since then my brother would probably split the cost so he could watch the Wings.

If I do end up getting it, I'll let you guys know what I think about it...

bread's done
Back