Official NHL 12 CAG Team - We're Back Baby!!! WifeBeaterz on Parole!

laserdisc.jpg

Where's the goalie is my only question.

At one point, they were at least talking about adding goalies. Not sure if the game still gets updates though. The physics in it are pretty crazy. You actually get a sense of sliding around and having to lean on the ice. And your mouse is basically total stick control. You have to lower your stick (pull down with the mouse) to touch the ice and be able to move the puck. I want to try mapping it with Xpadder to a 360 controller to see if that can work at all.

The biggest reason I even started looking at this "game" though is because I decided to go ahead and place my order for an Oculus Rift tonight. No idea how long it'll take me to get one, but somebody on their forum posted that he ordered his on June 26th, and got a shipping notice on August 9th. So...that's not entirely awful. Just one of those things where you basically decide you're getting "in line" and once it's your turn, you'll get one.

Everything I've been reading has hinted that the 1080p consumer version probably won't be out until late 2014. And I didn't think there was any way I could wait over a year and just keep watching Youtube videos in the meantime. And if need be, when I get wind that the consumer version is coming soon, I'll try to resell the devkit one quickly and hopefully recoup most of my money (considering what they sell for on eBay, that's not too crazy of a thought). Ultimately, I just freaking want one as soon as possible, haha. And my birthday is in 10 days...and my wife gave me permission. So...I want virtual reality, dammit! lol :lol:

In other news...

Robert De Niro had some problems tonight.
o2bw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Saints Row- the only game that's better when it's broke.

Edit: just tried  "Hockey?" and its actually really neat. It's too bad there's no A.I., but then again, it might be better that way.

Apparently there is a Golf? also, but the download is down :( http://www.hockeyquestionmark.com/golf/

Not only do you golf, but you can drive the cart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65__COR5uA

Go get some skates and gear! ;)
Ha, yeah...not till my daughter's in school. And by then...I'll be so fucking old, lol. Right now the best I can do is a virtual world that I can pause and "take off" at a moment's notice when a nap ends abruptly or something.

Life-of-Dad-logo.jpg

The hockey thing was just another neat idea for the uses of first person perspective. Obviously, better uses for Rift games are probably going to be things that you can't do in real life because they're either impossible, illegal, too dangerous, or all of the above, haha.

This week's Groupee's bundle has some pretty interesting stuff in it. I picked up 5 games for like $1.67. They've got that Bus Driver game, Bridge Constructor, and a game called Crash Time II (which is on Steam). Crash Time has some pretty crazy damage physics, even allowing you to break through some buildings. I made a wall fall on top of one guy I was chasing down, lol.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opVOGt_dJuo[/youtube]

http://groupees.com/bamm

We've talked about (and tried) so many different zombie survival games, I can't remember if this one was brought up, but this looks interesting. It's basically Minecraft with zombies.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=681Lt93w944[/youtube]

Crash Time looks pretty cool actually. The bus game on the other hand....

Also, this isn't the first time you've used a minecraft+zombie game comparison :p

This is the game I was trying to think of the other night.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=143871106

Yeah, well, in the Alpha build, I would hope they're just working with very basic textures. I really like the idea of being able to build and modify things though. It's almost like Minecraft + Dead Island. I think it would be pretty awesome as an MMO too. They make it sound like the map is pretty huge with different neighborhoods, a prison, office buildings, etc. It would be cool if you could establish "turf" and have to defend it from not only zombies, but other groups of survivors as well (a la Walking Dead).

At this point, the sandbox zombie game genre seems overly saturated with half-complete games that I'd rather wait till a game is done before committing to a new game *throws stinkeye at Infestation*

Crash Time looks pretty cool actually. The bus game on the other hand....

Also, this isn't the first time you've used a minecraft+zombie game comparison :p

At this point, the sandbox zombie game genre seems overly saturated with half-complete games that I'd rather wait till a game is done before committing to a new game *throws stinkeye at Infestation*
Haha, indeed. They do all start to blur together after awhile. Though, to be fair, this one is "legit Minecraft"...in terms of Voxel style blocks and whatnot. I got my hands on the Alpha build, and ran into a house away from zombies. I ran upstairs, found a couch, "disassembled" it, and then was able to barricade the top of the steps with couch cushions. Needless to say, it was not very effective. It did give me a good laugh though as the zombies destroyed my childish barricade in mere seconds and then started mauling me. I was able to climb up into an attic, and jump out a window onto an overhanging part of the roof though (and then injure my leg as I fell to the ground below).

Also, in that same Minecraft vein, you can grow crops in this one. The guy in the video talks about being able to barricade and create your own self-sustaining farm...which is a huge step up from what Infestation offers. Of course, the glaring question is always "What happens when douchebags come to fuck up everything?" Sadly, this question has pretty much become the online gaming equivalent of "What is the meaning of life?" lol. There are so many sandbox zombie games though...I'm just looking at them like ice cream flavors. Some of them are like Rocky Road...and others are like Pralines and Dick. [sic: Wayne's World].

You Madden guys might like this; The Giant Bomb guys play Madden once every year when they make their Quick Look video for it. Even they know not much changes, and they know squat about football/Madden:

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-madden-nfl-25/2300-7871/

2013's highlight:

youtube.com/watch?v=/Ss5vxnFiMxw?t=37m27s
Good God, I got about 15 minutes in and I couldn't watch anymore, lol. I love these guys, but there's really no point in having them play sports games. They complained about gameflow calling the plays for them, and then when they switched to conventional playcalling, Jeff said "I don't know what any of these mean!" And Vinny says "Just use 'Ask Madden'" Derp! lol :wall:

They're pretty aware that they know nothing about how to properly play the game, its more of a yearly tradition at this point that they do a quick look for the major sports games and let people just pick their commentary apart since the GB guys have no idea what they're doing. It's entertaining watching them fumbling (no pun intended) around with the menus, controls, and play calling, because this is literally the only time they will ever play the series until the next year's version comes out.

They're pretty aware that they know nothing about how to properly play the game, its more of a yearly tradition at this point that they do a quick look for the major sports games and let people just pick their commentary apart since the GB guys have no idea what they're doing. It's entertaining watching them fumbling (no pun intended) around with the menus, controls, and play calling, because this is literally the only time they will ever play the series until the next year's version comes out.
Yeah, I guess if you subscribe to them basically like a TV show, it's entertaining. But other than seeing gameplay (really, the cutscenes and intro videos that I'll end up skipping 99% of the time in Madden looked the most impressive), I don't know how much you can really take from their sports videos. Just kinda makes them look like even bigger nerds, haha.

Ok, so a couple things I figured out about 7 Days To Die.

1. You CAN chop down trees with your bare hands just by punching them. It takes a good number of swings, but like I said, the whole tree comes down instead of individual blocks, so it's not a bad trade off (and ala Minecraft, there's different strengths of wood too. A birch tree takes more effort to chop down/break through than a pine tree). You do have to back the hell away so the tree doesn't fall on your head and hurt you though. I learned that the hard way the first few times, haha.

2. I used the wood from my lumberjacking to build a nice log cabin, but ran out of daylight to put a roof on it. Not sure if that would have made a difference as the zombies still went ape shit when it got dark and broke through and murdered me anyway. I really don't know what keeps the zombies away.

3. Once I respawned, I was in the middle of a bunch of zombies. I ran to a nearby car, and jumped on top of it. It seemed that they couldn't reach me up there, but they were able to push the car and move it to a nearby hill where they then climbed up and murdered my ass.

The game is definitely rough. But I still think it does some impressive things. If I can actually figure out how to build a legitimate settlement, it could be pretty fun.

EDIT - I have now barricaded myself inside an attic in a house...and I hear the zombies killing pigs and cows outside. This is disturbing, lol.

Yeah! Survived the night! Zombies didn't even get through my birch wood barricade. They tried though and broke the railing on the stairs and one block of the floor. I also found a pistol and some rounds in the attic, so I was ready for em...well, like 4 of them, haha. I also found this video on hosting a server. Not sure if this is the same thing you used, Alan.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueZlCj67EHo[/youtube]

That's exactly what I did, but you can't use that .bat file to increase the number of players. If there's only two of us on, that's fine, but if we want more than that, it gets more complex, having to use a hex editor to modify a .dll file.

That's exactly what I did, but you can't use that .bat file to increase the number of players. If there's only two of us on, that's fine, but if we want more than that, it gets more complex, having to use a hex editor to modify a .dll file.
That's weird because when I was looking around for it, the only player limit I could find talked about 4 people on a server at one time, according to this thread when they were setting up their own server.

http://botoflegends.com/forum/topic/6402-7-days-to-die-server/

Then, I also found this. Not sure how these would work with the "version" of the game we have, lol.

http://7daystodie-servers.com/server/1/

Hm, doing some more reasearch, looks like you're right. Here is where I was looking last night: http://7daystodie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6813

Maybe Brandon couldn't connect because of some other reason
Yeah, I think that's for changing it from 4 to 8. I saw lots of people being happy about now being able to have 8 people in the game.

And yeah, maybe his game was just being wonky. It was pretty late and we were all dumbed down by NHL at that point, lol. No wonder it took us 4 tries to beat that bank job in Payday, haha. Once I took a better look at the game and figured out you can chop trees down, it got easier. And yeah...it does seem to spawn you near the edge of the map...which is covered by some kind of radioactive waste that kills you if you step on it. That's how I was dying so quickly. Once I started actually paying attention to the map, and realized it had roads marked and showed you where neighborhoods are, it was fairly easy to outrun a zombie into a house, close the door behind me, barricade the door with tree wood, and then start scavenging. I'm really not sure if the zombies can come in through windows, but once It got dark, I wasn't willing to chance it. So, I hurried my ass upstairs, lol.

They say it's your birthday!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MYCPB7a8ks[/youtube]

I know it's reflexive, but I like how when people get scared using the Rift, they move away from the desk as if it would help.
Yeah, that's like my favorite thing to watch, lol. I love when they instinctively just jerk their heads away and reel backward. On that last one, especially, you can tell he's really bothered by it, haha. And when you consider the complexity of these "games" that are causing these reactions, it's really just scratching the surface of what can be done.

I was thinking last night that instead of just getting a "game over" screen when the monster catches you, can you imagine if the screen just stayed there and the monster started stabbing and/or eating you? And the game just kept you there, forcing you to watch, listening to the sound of your own skin tearing and your bones breaking. That would be so fucked up and mentally damaging, lol.

I'm just really excited about new technology where the possibilities feel endless. There's pretty much nothing on the Xbox One or PS4 that make me feel like that. Those just seem like more of the same.

Who's up for a final sendoff of NHL 12 tonight? Alan and I played a few games late last night, but the cherry picking was ridiculous. It's tough to manage with only 2 people. You're sacrificing offense or defense either way. We had to just laugh at the guy standing behind the AI d-men all game, tapping his stick on the ice waiting on the rocket pass....which of course resulted in 5 goals on 13 shots. Sure, you can win that way...but what a pathetic fuck you have to be, lol. As I've told many of our opponents, if that was all I learned in 2 years of playing this game, I would kill myself. Tonight, I might just tell them to go make some toast in the bathtub, lol. If you're life is so devoid of value that you have to cheat at video game hockey, my God, just end it already,  :twoguns:

Question for Nate, Alan, Brandon, and Rob: Do you consider it a "spoiler" if someone posts their reaction to a live sporting event on Facebook? Regular TV shows are a different matter. But if a person gets on Facebook during or after such an event, my opinion is that it's their fault if they see results that they didn't want to.

Question for Nate, Alan, Brandon, and Rob: Do you consider it a "spoiler" if someone posts their reaction to a live sporting event on Facebook? Regular TV shows are a different matter. But if a person gets on Facebook during or after such an event, my opinion is that it's their fault if they see results that they didn't want to.
Not touching this one, lol.

bread's done
Back