Official NHL 12 CAG Team - We're Back Baby!!! WifeBeaterz on Parole!

Last two years, I went nuts with a lot of main stream games. This one seems to be mor e indie developers imho. Only thing that struck my fancy so far is Sim City 4. Hell, last years flash deals were awesome as well and very random and cheap. Might last an hour might last four hours. Just very lackluster from a long time Steam User.

Last two years, I went nuts with a lot of main stream games. This one seems to be mor e indie developers imho. Only thing that struck my fancy so far is Sim City 4. Hell, last years flash deals were awesome as well and very random and cheap. Might last an hour might last four hours. Just very lackluster from a long time Steam User.
Yeah, it's definitely been indie/small developer heavy. I've bought 6 games and they've been very different in styles (Euro Truck Simulator 2, Surgeon Simulator 2013, Farming Simulator 2013, Antichamber, Arma II, and Amnesia: The Dark Descent). But how many "big" PC games have there been lately that most people haven't already bought on consoles? For example, Skyrim is going to be a deal of the day in a couple days. So, even though that's more mainstream, most people who would want to play it have probably bought it already. Same thing with shooters. Though Battlefield or COD haven't been featured deals, EA and Activision really haven't been lighting the world on fire with discounts either. The biggest game I can think of that got a significant discount is probably Saints Row The Third...and well, the publisher of that game is no longer in business, lol. This has definitely been more of a sale to pick up those mid-tier $10 or under games.

Let me know when Ship Simulator is on sale. Well, not all have consoles and solely dump it all into a PC build so they are waiting for those big name games and have never played them yet. I like it cause I can play in the car on an 18 hour road trip with my laptop (love mobile hotspot on my phone) instead of lugging around my consoles. I know a lot of games I bought were a lot of Xbox Live games that weren't on sale like Shoot Many Robots.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think I've bought SimCity 4 and Scribblenauts Unlimited, plus someone gifted me The Walking Dead. I'm thinking of buying World Basketball Manager for $1.24 as well.

I got World Basketball Manger during the winter sale for free. I tried giving it away for free in the Steam thread itself.

It took three days for someone to actually take it off my hands.

I mean, look at this screenshot. Who wouldn't want it?

tumblr_mq5t27Okea1rrkyxqo1_1280.jpg

Well, I guess I can't REALLY say if it's good or not since I didn't play it. I'm just proud to say that the Noggets are my home team. I guess you must love the Knucks up there in the East.

I got World Basketball Manger during the winter sale for free. I tried giving it away for free in the Steam thread itself.

It took three days for someone to actually take it off my hands.

I mean, look at this screenshot. Who wouldn't want it?

tumblr_mq5t27Okea1rrkyxqo1_1280.jpg
Oh my God...that team list. It's like reading a 13 year old's sports blog. "aLl TeH cOoL kIdz LuV tEh UtEh JeZz!!!111!!!"

:puke:

I know you posted about it when it was up for vote for the community sale, are you, or anyone else, interested in the 4 pack? Comes out to about 5.59 a piece versus the 7.44 individual.

I thought about Monaco...but I don't know. That was one I was saving for Xbox 360 since I still have so many MS points. Plus I'm being tempted by Train Simulator.

Bought the Monaco 4-pack. Let me know if you want in, i'll give you the CAG Hockey discount of .59, bringing it to 5 even. If I have any copies left by Monday, i'll put them up on the trading section.

Lost my awesome M4 and Shadow mask in War Z, then Alan and I moved on to Monaco. We need you Rob!

Just Cause is $0.27, get it!

Ok, so this game from the same people that made Farm Simulator has my attention now.

http://youtu.be/VisMQYNlyaM

http://youtu.be/aMBLdY0AFEk

Some Infestation Info (basically, "What We've Learned", haha)

Just to get everyone on the same page, looking back at what we finished up with last night, we made some fairly significant progress. At this point, I think it's smart for us to play on Server 074...for a couple reasons.

1. It seems to stay fairly unpopulated most of the time. I don't think I've ever seen more than 14 people in it.

2. As Alan and I were running back to the Blue Ridge Settlement, Alan stumbled upon another personal locker. He again tried his ""1111...how lazy can people be" trick, and it actually worked. There was nothing in the locker, but Alan was able to store his own items (just water in there for now), and change the passcode. The lockers actually hold a decent amount of stuff, but they're server specific...hence needing to stay on 074.

3. This isn't server specific, but helpful in relation to point #2. We learned some good places to gather supplies (which respawn fairly quickly) and mine XP (by killing zombies who can't really get to you). The Springer Ridge Trailer Park has a lot of great loot (if you can avoid douchebags camping out with shotguns). There are no zombies here, so, if you need weapons or food/water, you can swing by here on your way to the zombie XP mining location of Crystal Lake Resort. There are a lot of zombies around here (who also respawn), and there are several things you can climb up on (vehicles, bookshelves, etc), so the zombies have trouble reaching you. And if you have a shovel, or other powerful melee item, you can take them out fairly easily. This is a great way to start filling up your skill tree.

Alan also figured out that the day/night cycle is the same across all of the servers, and you can easily keep up with it by going here. It even tells you how long until daylight, so you can plan your gaming accordingly. It was still dark when I got on, so I played with trains until the sun came up, haha. Definitely a useful tool there. There's supposed to be "WarZ Clock" Android and iOS apps as well.

When I loaded up my main character, I remembered that I was really low on food/water when we stopped playing last night. Fortunately, I was at the vault, so I just threw all my stuff in there, and then went searching for Alan's personal locker to make sure it was still functioning properly (it was). I then figured I would just book it for the trailer park and see if I could scrounge up enough food/water/health to go zombie bashing, but I didn't quite make it there and died of dehydration, haha.

But I actually think this is a good strategy to make sure you don't lose any items. Start out empty handed, go for the trailer park to grab supplies, then head to the resort to kill some zombies. When you're done, head back to the settlement. We could even use that personal locker as a community safe if we wanted. I imagine we could level up pretty quickly and gather a fairly substantial inventory using this method.

...and then we will rule them all! haha :lol:

Depends on the gam

I use KB/M pretty much always for FPS games, or any game that requires quick precision (like an RTS i guess, but I seldom play those)

For games that have console ports (such as Monaco, Most racing games, action games, etc.), I'll use controller.

Other games, I'll use both; like Euro Truck and Farm Simulators.

So I was thinking about the locker I hijacked on 074. Those safes actually cost money to buy, so on one hand I feel bad becuse I basically just stole someone's lunch money. On the other hand, you made the combination 1111, so I hope you learned not to do that again.

So I was thinking about the locker I hijacked on 074. Those safes actually cost money to buy, so on one hand I feel bad becuse I basically just stole someone's lunch money. On the other hand, you made the combination 1111, so I hope you learned not to do that again.
Yes, but on the other other hand, you have to wonder if the person who put that safe there is the same one who shot you in the RV. It's a dog eat dog world. ;)

I feel like we just hit some rough times tonight with so many people being on the server. One of us was always dying and having to respawn. At least Rob got his controller working though. Probably just need to tweak it a little more. Add a few more buttons (map, flashlight, etc). In case it helps any, this is how I have my controller set up. Bear in mind, I set these before having played any of the game, haha. Some of them probably need to be remapped for usefulness.

LB = Run (Left Shift)

LT = Aim (Right Mouse Button)

RB = Well...I had it for toggling Nightvision before I knew how impossible those would be to get, haha. Guess I need to change it to something else.

RT = Attack (Left Mouse Button)

Left Stick = Walking (WSAD)

Left Stick Button = Crouch (Left Control)

D-Pad Up = Primary Weapon (2)

D-Pad Left = Handgun (1)

D-Pad Down = Map (M)

D-Pad Right = Next Item (G..though, the game originally said "GRAVE" for this. We were like "WTF is the GRAVE key?"

Right Stick = Aiming (Mouse Up, Down, Left, Right)

Right Stick Button = Flashlight (F)

A = Interact (E)

B = Prone (Z)

X = Reload (R)

Y = Jump (Space)

Back = Inventory (I)

Start = 1st/3rd Person Switch (C)

lol...nice. I was hoping for more "Blood in the Sand' type action, but this could be good. Like I've said before, just more variety on PC...while console games seem to becoming more and more similar (ie. Call of Duty adds zombies, Resident Evil turns into an action shooter).

In other news, I've got this coming tomorrow.  :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127728

Oculus Rift preparation nearing completion, haha.

Speaking of the Rift, I finally found someone playing ETS2 with it. This dude seems just a bit hardcore into his driving games though, lol.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyqnh6TMQis[/youtube]

Nice card.

The video is one reason why Oculus could become the norm for a lot in games. I have look left and look right bound to my controller, but its not the same as the natural motion you use when you move your head in real life when you turn/look directions at stops/etc.

He actually looks out the side window at 8:00. Can you even do that in the game normally?

Nice card.

The video is one reason why Oculus could become the norm for a lot in games. I have look left and look right bound to my controller, but its not the same as the natural motion you use when you move your head in real life when you turn/look directions at stops/etc.

He actually looks out the side window at 8:00. Can you even do that in the game normally?
Thanks. I'm a little worried how much my motherboard/CPU will bottleneck it...but I've successfully overclocked my Phenom II X4 to 3.7GHZ without it crashing/getting too hot, so I'm hoping it'll at least get me by for a little while. Upgrading these parts a little at a time definitely makes it easier to swallow.

But yeah, that's why I thought it would be really, really awesome for a game like that. I almost think it'll be like the Wii in a way...where games that are made specifically FOR its features will be better on the Rift than experiencing it any other way. Whether or not mainstream games that treat it as a tack-on are as good on it remains to be seen. I don't know if jumping into Call of Duty or whatever would give any huge benefit. The first thing they would have to do is separate your looking from your aiming. I guess having the right stick just control the reticle might work...but it might be a challenge to make a shooter feel natural. Any game that already has you in a seated position though I think will be incredible on the Rift.

And you can look out the side window if you turn all the way to the side. That's built into the game. Kind of a cool feature since the Rift doesn't actually have Z-axis tracking yet to detect leaning. I can't believe this dude's set up though. Putting that on my mancave bucket list for sure, haha.

bread's done
Back