Official NHL 16 Discussion/CAG Team Thread - EASHL Is Back! Join The Hershey Nuggets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's hilarious! Good to see them getting lit up for trying to be a wiseass.

And every single thing each person posted is 100% true...the data cap shit especially. Since I go over practically every month, I know firsthand that almost every single time you hit 100% (and sometimes even 90%), the meter will stop working and you can no longer see how much you're using. The ability to track your usage is just horrible and feels really unfair to the customer.

And of course, there's no month to month rollover. If you use 301gb, you get charged $10 for the extra 50gb, but the extra 49gb gets wiped away when the new month starts. It's a ridiculous abuse of power and a prime example of having a monopoly. That shit would NEVER fly if they had any competition at all. At this point, Google Fiber just feels like everybody's "big brother", and we're all just like "Just WAIT till my brother gets here. He's going to beat your ass!" lol. It's going to be glorious.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's hilarious! Good to see them getting lit up for trying to be a wiseass.

And every single thing each person posted is 100% true...the data cap shit especially. Since I go over practically every month, I know firsthand that almost every single time you hit 100% (and sometimes even 90%), the meter will stop working and you can no longer see how much you're using. The ability to track your usage is just horrible and feels really unfair to the customer.

And of course, there's no month to month rollover. If you use 301gb, you get charged $10 for the extra 50gb, but the extra 49gb gets wiped away when the new month starts. It's a ridiculous abuse of power and a prime example of having a monopoly. That shit would NEVER fly if they had any competition at all. At this point, Google Fiber just feels like everybody's "big brother", and we're all just like "Just WAIT till my brother gets here. He's going to beat your ass!" lol. It's going to be glorious.
Just out of curiosity, do you have any other providers available at your current residence?

Up here it is really interesting, in the city and suburbs (within about 5 miles of the GR city limits) Comcast is the main provider. There are scattered areas that also have U-Verse. Once you are past that 5-10 miles it is strictly Charter (with some U-Verse thrown in randomly).

U-Verse has some of the most random availability I have ever seen. One of my brothers can't get it despite the neighbors on both sides, behind, and across the street all having it.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any other providers available at your current residence?

Up here it is really interesting, in the city and suburbs (within about 5 miles of the GR city limits) Comcast is the main provider. There are scattered areas that also have U-Verse. Once you are past that 5-10 miles it is strictly Charter (with some U-Verse thrown in randomly).

U-Verse has some of the most random availability I have ever seen. One of my brothers can't get it despite the neighbors on both sides, behind, and across the street all having it.
Yeah, there's AT&T...which I guess is U-Verse...but the full speed isn't available here. It only goes up to "Max Plus" which is 18mbps. So, basically shit that doesn't rival Comcast at all (I get 75mbps now).

But it is without question not a coincidence that Charter/Comcast/Time Warner/etc. don't operate within the same regions. There had to be some agreement reached that rather than expanding to increase profits...it would benefit them more to stay out of each other's way and raise prices universally. If they actually had to compete with each other, they would feel the pinch when people switched and it would drive prices down and service up. And that's the last thing any of them want.

That's what's great about Google. They're not in this old timer's club and aren't afraid to compete. The cable company minions (see also: politicians) tried to block it with the net neutrality bullshit and trying to prevent Google's access to the telephone poles. But thankfully that got thrown out. And they already have caused Comcast and AT&T to start scrambling to offer faster connections (though their prices are still ridiculous). I'm fairly confident Google will put at least one of them out of business. It's just a matter of time.

Yeah, can we just have Rocket League do that too? It can be every game ever. Let us rob banks with the cars and it can be Payday. Strap rifles to the cars and it can be Call of Duty. We only need one game...and its name is Rocket League. :lol:
Hey, occasional lurker here.
FYI you're talking about The Crew and Full Auto.

Haha, yeah, hard to argue against 20% off plus potential resale value. Digital games should be at least 15% off just for being digital alone.

Can't play tomorrow night, as I have to be up early on Saturday and the wife is away all weekend. Next Friday though....

2iVbEi3.gif

Were not subjecting ourselves to torturetorture?
c4jt321.png

J/K, we love it.
For everyone else, are we gonna play through, or no.

I'll be available. I've been sick this week though, so no promises on how drugged up I may or may not be. Is anybody else going to be around besides me and Alan though? Gary? MVP? Ma....tt Young?

If it's just me and Alan...maybe we politely decline torture and do Steam or something? Although, I have to say I'm CURIOUS about the new patch. Allegedly there's a consequence for spamming poke check now and it actually slows you down. I can't even wrap my head around the possibility that EA may have gotten that right. It would shatter my view of reality.

I'll be available. I've been sick this week though, so no promises on how drugged up I may or may not be. Is anybody else going to be around besides me and Alan though? Gary? MVP? Ma....tt Young?
I probably won't be on. I'm going to the Griffins game and out for a little bit after.

Specific things from the patch that SHOULD significantly improve the game (in theory).

• Increased the chance of a trip when spamming pokecheck from behind the puck carrier
  • Added ability for players to lose speed the more they spam pokecheck
I'll believe it when I see it...and I'll believe it when people don't complain and it gets taken out tomorrow.

• Addressed issue where the AI player would be able to get a full powered pass without powering up first after a User called for a pass
Are they claiming that rocket passes down the ice won't work anymore? I'll be amazed if this is actually true.

• Fixed issues where AI players wouldn't avoid their own net properly with the puck
Ahaha...sure EA. You haven't fixed this one in years. I'm sure you just randomly figured out how to stop it from happening.

• Weakside AI defender won't look to hit the puck carrier when they are outside the slot
  • AI will look for hits during in-zone defense even if they don't have a great angle. This will allow AI players to bump a player off the puck even twhen the puck carrier has their back to them
And now they're saying the AI is actually going to play defense... Even if it's somehow true, I imagine people will complain and they'll patch it back out.

And most importantly...they finally listened to us. :lol:

• Added 15 female heads to create player selection

EDIT - Wow...the update is 2.1gb too. Those must be some big female heads!

Specific things from the patch that SHOULD significantly improve the game (in theory).

• Increased the chance of a trip when spamming pokecheck from behind the puck carrier
  • Added ability for players to lose speed the more they spam pokecheck
I'll believe it when I see it...and I'll believe it when people don't complain and it gets taken out tomorrow.
  • Addressed issue where the AI player would be able to get a full powered pass without powering up first after a User called for a pass
Are they claiming that rocket passes down the ice won't work anymore? I'll be amazed if this is actually true.
  • Fixed issues where AI players wouldn't avoid their own net properly with the puck
Ahaha...sure EA. You haven't fixed this one in years. I'm sure you just randomly figured out how to stop it from happening.
  • Weakside AI defender won't look to hit the puck carrier when they are outside the slot
  • AI will look for hits during in-zone defense even if they don't have a great angle. This will allow AI players to bump a player off the puck even twhen the puck carrier has their back to them
And now they're saying the AI is actually going to play defense... Even if it's somehow true, I imagine people will complain and they'll patch it back out.

And most importantly...they finally listened to us. :lol:
  • Added 15 female heads to create player selection
EDIT - Wow...the update is 2.1gb too. Those must be some big female heads!
The AI looking to hit is fucking ridiculous now. Not once have my D guys tried to hit someone yet. Meanwhile I'm a stride ahead of defenders and getting superman checked when the AI is backskating back to back with me.

I've also yet to see a trip :/

I'm just easing back into games after multiple appointments and an ER visit this week. I'd be likely play Rocket League or NHL if I'm still awake and alert when you guys get on.

The AI looking to hit is fucking ridiculous now. Not once have my D guys tried to hit someone yet. Meanwhile I'm a stride ahead of defenders and getting superman checked when the AI is backskating back to back with me.

I've also yet to see a trip :/
That's about what I expected. I really don't understand how people get different results out of their AI. Sure, there are the strategy settings, but outside of position lock (which doesn't seem to work as well this year), I've never seen the AI play more/less aggressive due to changing strategy.

I wish there was something as night and day as in Madden like when you run/pass commit. That is NOTICEABLY different. If NHL had extremes like that, you could at least adjust based on what your opponent is doing. It could be something like "Play Body" or "Block Shots"...one is aggressive, trying to make a play...and the other is passive and based more on positioning. Why do we not have choices like this in NHL?

We played very well, and actually got rewarded for it. I think we had like a 5 game stretch where we only gave up 2 goals total. Do we dare try again tonight? Normally, I'd run away screaming...but since both Rob and Brandon didn't get full "shifts", I think I'd be QWOP for it.

How was the poke checking last night in EASHL last night?

I played a couple games earlier and it seemed like there were a few more penalties and the effectiveness from behind was reduced.

I don't really care enough to watch fight night.  The fights have to be really good to make it worth sitting around for all the commercials on regular tv.  I will be fine just reading results and watching highlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back