Official NHL 16 Discussion/CAG Team Thread - EASHL Is Back! Join The Hershey Nuggets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, for sure. I love it, but I do hate the power ups honestly. I got to play as Luke last night, it was such a blast blocking the laser blasters and killing people with their own shots.

Also saw this yesterday, Samsung.com has the Innovator edition of the GearVR on sale for $100 (S6 and Note 4 editions)

http://www.samsung.com/us/search/searchMain?Dy=1&Nty=1&Ntt=gear+vr

Yes, the official retail version comes out sometime in November, but from what I'm reading, most things are largely unchanged. The unit being 22% lighter is the biggest improvement...but it's said to have never really been "heavy" to begin with. I might grab one just for the hell of it since I upgraded to an S6 a couple months ago.

But not for the Note 5. Bogus.
Note 5 wasn't out then, haha. The new version should be out in a month and I think it's like a one size fits all with newer Samsung phones. The big thing I read that people were disappointed in was that the new version isn't going to have to have positional tracking. I'm not really sure how they couod do that though since the whole unit is wireless and depends on the phone.

Admittedly, I don't know a lot about GearVR though...and I don't really know how it interacts with the phone or does more than act as a holder (ala Google Cardboard).

For example, you could download this...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Einpictures.SeaWorldVR

...right now and just hold your phone up to your face and get a sense for VR. Just need a device to free up your hands and block out your peripheral vision. I'm curious to see how much more GearVR does than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know GearVR has accelerators built in for better precision, a touchscreen built into the front of it for navigation, and I think that it does some processing internally, even maybe even a built in OS too, so the phone doesnt get bogged down too much.

I know GearVR has accelerators built in for better precision, a touchscreen built into the front of it for navigation, and I think that it does some processing internally, even maybe even a built in OS too, so the phone doesnt get bogged down too much.
Cool. That's what I would hope. I actually tried out that SeaWorldVR app just on my S6 and it seemed to handle "headtracking" fairly well. It was very smooth and I didn't notice any lag in the movement. Could just be how basic of an app it is though. I'm a little surprised to find myself being interested in GearVR, but it almost makes sense in a PS4/Vita kind of way.

Having that portability is a fairly significant perk...and even though I wouldn't want it to do heavy lifting, taking it with me out of state and using it as a quick thrill for family/friends could easily be worth $100. I gotta give credit to Oculus/Samsung for that. I wouldn't have touched the thing at $200...but $100 makes it so much more impulse worthy, haha.

I guess NHL then. I don't know...when it's just the three of us and we have to overcome the AI's stupidity, the game gets old fast. But maybe somebody else will be around. Either way, I'm signing on now.

I guess NHL then. I don't know...when it's just the three of us and we have to overcome the AI's stupidity, the game gets old fast. But maybe somebody else will be around. Either way, I'm signing on now.
I want to play. It's just really difficult for me to maintain any kind of energy by the time of night you guys start playing. I usually am up by 4:30 A.M. and I don't sleep very well leading up to that. It's hard to play games after sunset when you wake up a couple hours before the sun rises.

Just ordered this. Actually pretty excited to try it with all those VR apps.

http://powiscustom.com/products/powis-virtual-reality-kit
Cool. Yeah, there are a lot of different devices out there like that. Some made of cardboard, some 3D printed, etc. It's a great way to get your feet wet in VR and will be really cool to show people who don't even know VR is real yet. It doesn't look like it has any type of strap to make it wearable and free up your hands, but as a low cost VR entry point, it should still be pretty cool.

I want to play. It's just really difficult for me to maintain any kind of energy by the time of night you guys start playing. I usually am up by 4:30 A.M. and I don't sleep very well leading up to that. It's hard to play games after sunset when you wake up a couple hours before the sun rises.
Why so early? You got cows to milk?

No. I wake up in a lot of pain every day around the same time. And that's been going on for over a year and a half now.

Alan and Brandon, do you remember Peter Budaj? After the Islanders claimed JF Berube off waivers, the Kings signed Budaj to a 1 year, 2-way deal and now he's the starting goaltender for the Ontario Reign.

Brandon, he played a great game last night. I did read that his last season with Winnipeg's affiliate was abysmal, though.

Nate: Lingering back issues that have been around for a while, but now include nerve issues that affect my neck and sciatic nerve problems in my right hip and leg. I also inherited my mom's fibromyalgia. I do have migraines, but those haven't bothered me much recently.

I'm currently undergoing testing for whatever my stomach issue is. That's what forces me out of bed every morning. Regardless of what or when I eat (or even if I don't at all) I wake up every day having to go straight to the bathroom, spending an hour in there and going back at least a half dozen times throughout the day, often more.

It's kinda sad when my summary alone is 2 paragraphs long, haha.

How's the quality of your bed? That's one thing I've learned as I've gotten older (and various life responsibilities have put sleep at a premium). You spend 1/3 of your life sleeping. And how well you sleep has an incredible impact on the other 2/3. It just doesn't make sense to not make a reasonable investment in a good bed so you can maximize your resting time.

After using a thin cheapo spring mattress for years, that got increasingly worse and left me waking up feeling tired and sore, we bought a very highly reviewed, but very reasonably priced memory foam mattress on Amazon. I've been sleeping much better since and never wake up sore anymore. It's probably one of those things you don't think about when you're younger...but once 30 hits, man...having a good bed makes a big difference.

Yeah, Budaj has gone downhill since Montreal unfortunately.

Man, sciatic nerve problems suck. I have some weird issues from time to time, so I know what you mean. Hopefully it doesn't develop into anything too ssrious.

Budaj did go downhill since Montreal. Tampa has Poulin and we as fans are scared shit less because he's another goalie that is just no good. Emery got dropped cause he has no lateral movement. The goalie situation for Tampa is bad till Vasileski comes back from his surgery.

Also, None of the Google cardboard has straps. I could add it somehow. Here are the list of them,
https://www.google.com/get/cardboard/get-cardboard/

Also, we all hope you get better Matt, we miss you Matt Younging it.

Also, None of the Google cardboard has straps. I could add it somehow. Here are the list of them,
https://www.google.com/get/cardboard/get-cardboard/

Also, we all hope you get better Matt, we miss you Matt Younging it.
That's a good point. Not sure if I ever noticed that. Yeah, you could probably do something with velcro and a headband or something. Either way, even from like an old school Viewmaster perpective, it should still provide plenty of "holy shit!" moments. I actually just saw an article that was talking about this very thing.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/9/9480941/mattel-view-master-vr-headset-hands-on

Thanks, guys. Nate, I didn't even consider the mattress due to the other stuff. Could you possibly send/post an Amazon link? Maybe that will help. I've been up for almost an hour now and it's barely 4 A.M.

I do find it amusing that Gary has to make his own strap-on.

Thanks, guys. Nate, I didn't even consider the mattress due to the other stuff. Could you possibly send/post an Amazon link? Maybe that will help. I've been up for almost an hour now and it's barely 4 A.M.
Yeah, I mean...it's not a guaranteed solution, but if the mattress is old and/or worn, I could easily see it contributing to the problem. They say mattresses aren't supposed to last more than 8-10 years anyway. Here's one of those "when should I change it?" guides.

http://www.sleeptrain.com/education-when-to-replace-your-mattress.html

And here's the one we got.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005A4OOWQ?psc=1

I was very skeptical at first because...a rolled up foam mattress from the internet. What could go wrong? But I had never seen a product on Amazon with more reviews and such a high rating. So, we decided to trust it and went with the King size, 12 inch thick monster, and it's been worth every penny.

I do find it amusing that Gary has to make his own strap-on.
Sounds like a webcam show to me. :lol:

Yup, no one will ever use any of the other vehicles ever again, lol. Unless they're able to get more licensed stuff. That would be pretty freaking awesome. This is how you do DLC right though. They're basically printing money.

Ok, wow. Overkill is REALLY trying to top EA now.

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/blackmarket/

Just seems like Overkill is a bunch of money greedy whores. I hope this company goes out of business. Sure we have our problems with EA, but at least they have fixed SOME their problems. Overkill hasn't done anything but put up a video of a promise to fix the console version eventually. Eat A Dick Overkill.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/payday-2-wont-have-microtransactions/1100-6410303/
In all honesty, considering it was 2013, I wouldn't have been too mad, but it wouldn't have been a deal breaker.

What makes me upset about this is two things: they touted it as a free update, and that it affects gameplay.

No shit it's a free update. No is going to pay you for an update for micro transactions.

And stat boosts for money is just plain gross. CS:GO has the same system, albeit instead of safes and drills, it's gun cases and keys. The only difference is that it's 100% cosmetic. I've admittedly spent more than a reasonable person should probably spend on skins in CS:GO, but it doesn't affect anyone but me (in other words, not pay2win). Adding bonus on top of requiring money for those bonus is simply not fair.

In CS:GO, some skins are even "drops," although rare, but it's possible to get skins without spending money. I don't remember seeing anything saying Payday would drop weapons, just safes, so that make a it even worse.

At least these drills don't break I guess.

tumblr_ma7imtqFVZ1qbjr2v.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back