Official NHL 16 Discussion/CAG Team Thread - EASHL Is Back! Join The Hershey Nuggets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I just played my first online seasons HUT game... Of course against some Frenchie asshat using Montreal. And of course all he does the entire game is throw shit shots on from stupid angles and hope for a bad bounce/rebound. This awesome strategy put him ahead 2-0 in the 2nd, with me outshooting him 13-7. Naturally, any time I had the puck, he was just mashing stick lift too. Not one slash or hooking or anything.

He finally got an elbowing penalty in the 3rd, and I was able to cycle and find my center wide open in front of the net to tie things at 2. In OT, same shit...he throws a shot on from the boards on the left side...it hits the goalie's pads, bounces up, and goes in. In OT...yes...3 on 3...with no screen in front of him...

It's just crazy to run into that in my first damn game. So, I guess, just like last year, fuck these assholes. I'll play position lock then. If they're going to abuse bullshit programming for cheap advantages, then I'll take necessary measures to get my AI to play as strong as possible.

Well, I guess that asshole must have reported me because I got a message from Microsoft saying I violated the communication policy. Very cool that cheating is acceptable behavior, but when you call someone a piece of shit for cheating...then you've crossed a line. As a result, it's not even letting me play EASHL actually giving me a message of "Choose something else to do. You can't text chat with other users."

It says it lasts till 10/5. Whatever. This shit is a joke anyway. Don't tempt me, Microsoft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, in one reality, he won the game so doing the same thing, in one he won playing legit, in another he has a ps4 playing it. This is why I love Rick and Morty. Just all the crazy possibilities of different realities.

I bet you'd care if they also locked you out of Windows. Then you'd have to go to Linux or even worse, an Apple.

Well, in one reality, he won the game so doing the same thing, in one he won playing legit, in another he has a ps4 playing it. This is why I love Rick and Morty. Just all the crazy possibilities of different realities.

I bet you'd care if they also locked you out of Windows. Then you'd have to go to Linux or even worse, an Apple.
Well, seeing as I've already gotten around it just by making another gamertag...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmHMcKN8xlI[/youtube]

"Suck my jewels" Microsoft, lol.

Also...in another reality, I'd just be playing Huniepop all the time. :lol:

Yeah, I commented on it in their DK2 Steam thread...but it's really weird. They got the DK2 development to the point of having a closed beta (which I was a part of). And it mostly worked fine. There were a few instances where your movement was locked...like a cut scene or whatever. But that type of thing is extremely common in games that weren't built for VR from the ground up...and has generally just been shrugged off by the VR community.

So, it just seems like they're being really uptight about it. Like "well, it's not perfect...so fuck it. Just throw it away." If that's the type of expectations they have, they're going to be very out of place in the game development world, haha.

So disappointing. I really wanted to be a baby too.

What SDK was the beta for? I would imagine that with the changes from version to version, it's not worth it until it's more stable.

What SDK was the beta for? I would imagine that with the changes from version to version, it's not worth it until it's more stable.
I would understand that...but honestly, I'm shocked at how quickly some stuff has been updated to the new SDK...even games that weren't working with 0.6. Project Cars, Euro Truck, DIRT Rally, NoLimits 2. Even small stuff like Dreadhalls, Sightline: The Chair, Titans of Space, etc. are working in 0.7.

I guess it's possible those devs just understand VR better and had a better implementation to begin with. But I was really worried about everything "starting over" again with the new SDK, but most cases seem to have moved on fairly smoothly...and some even better than they were before.

I don't know. For Among The Sleep, it feels very excuse heavy. They did add DK1 support...and they did the DK2 beta. I get that updating is a pain, but at some point, you should know your way around. And if all these other devs are doing it within a week or two...is Krillbite just dumb then? lol. But yeah, if the retail Rift comes out and sells like crazy, I'm sure they'll be like "Oh...yeah, no. We love VR! Our game now has Oculus support!!!"

Keep in mind though, those "small" games were built with Oculus from the ground up, and are 100% VR games, so also their staff is hired with that in mind, while other devs have to split resources between VR, patches, DLC, etc., and their staff isnt dedicated to VR. For example, if EA Sports concentrated ALL their staff to Hockey, the game probably wouldn't be as disappointing  :whistle2: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3m1av0/payday_2_devs_apologize_and_provide_update_on/

Yup, I refuse to support Overkill after the whole "Buy it on another platform for it to actually work" tweet. For the women to not even be fired or anything shows what kind of company they are, a money grabbing one. You can fuck off Overkill.
Yeah, honestly...it's weird that they even bother putting their games on console. They don't seem into it at all. They're so on top of things on the PC side with regular updates, events, planned DLC months in advance, etc. I mean, I guess throwing the game on consoles gives a chance for more profits, but it's lame to do that to people if you're not going to support the game.

It'll be interesting to see how their new Walking Dead game is handled.

I need my Nugget fix and I know Rob does as well. Any body for later tonight? I won't be on till late tomorrow due to another Pre Season game

I wouldn't be able to play until probably 11:30PM ET...and I'm not super excited about using the altern8 tag anyway. Through some negotiating, my wife finally allowed me to move our blu ray player (ie. my PS3) out to the garage. So, I've just been playing that and playing games that I never got to spend much time with.

I have to say, the team creation in MLB 14's "Ultimate Team" mode (Diamond Dynasty) is one of the best things I've ever seen. I spent like an hour and a half designing uniforms and making logos, lol. I don't know if they're Rhode Island School of Design good...but between layering textures and adding piping and pinstripes, you can do some really cool stuff.

If any EA team creation mode (Ultimate Team, EASHL, etc) had something this deep, we'd have the most amazing stuff ever.

Then, after I was done, I actually had to play the mode, and I was confused as hell, lol. Like I had starter cards...but they weren't on my team. And then there was stuff about recycling. I feel like I need to take a class to understand all the micromanaging, haha.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3m1av0/payday_2_devs_apologize_and_provide_update_on/

Yup, I refuse to support Overkill after the whole "Buy it on another platform for it to actually work" tweet. For the women to not even be fired or anything shows what kind of company they are, a money grabbing one. You can fuck off Overkill.
Just to follow up on this, Payday 2 had its 78th update on Steam today...with a 600mb file full of free content and these fixes:

• Added the new enemy - Captain Winters
  • Added the FBI Files feature
  • Added the new inventory system
  • Fixed an issue where players that bought the Yakuza Character Pack didn't get Jiro's mask in their inventory from the start
  • Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the Diamond Store heist
  • Fixed an issue where the alarm went off when you killed all bikers in Big Oil day 1
  • Fixed an issue where players could pick up loot through display cases in the Ukrainian Job heist
  • Fixed an issue where players could get stuck behind an ATM door in Big Oil day 1
  • Fixed an issue where players could hide from enemy fire in certain spots in Firestarter day 1
It's so weird how they're one of the most dedicated studios on PC and then terrible on console. It has to just be something unpleasant about dealing with Microsoft and Sony. It makes no sense otherwise.

I wonder if their parent company, Starbreeze, has something to do with it. Like "hey, if you guys wanna keep getting money from us, you have to release a console game, because it'll make us money." Then Overkill cobbled something together to get them off their backs. Because yeah, you're right, its just night and day how they handle PC vs Console.

Anyways, when is this bus going to get going tonight?

It's crazy that Carmack has to jump through all these hoops to make "official" support for VR, while unofficial mods are assembled in days and released to the public

Yeah, it's weird how much progress gets slowed by big business...in all walks of life, really.

In other Rift related news...this looks really freaking awesome. Oculus had some ups and downs throughout development, and people really started to question them when the Vive came into the picture. But I still think they're on track to be the frontrunner in the VR market. Oculus Touch looks fantastic.

http://www.pcgamer.com/bullet-train-oculus-touch-rift-epic-fps/

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=30&v=DmaxmnPzMWE[/youtube]

batman1-1.jpg

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to watch it. I'm only really interested in the last two fights. So, I'll just read a play by play or watch them afterward or something.

So, yeah...whether we want to do NHL or Rocket League or whatever tonight, I'll be available around 10PM ET again.

I might be around. Was going to last night but then my wife's friend came over and they were occupying the living room until about 1230 so....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back