Official NHL 17 Discussion/CAG Team Thread - Ausfahrt Banditos: The Res-Erection

Yeah, I need to try that. I tried out the ghetto way of doing it when Oculus first added Windows 10 support and you could just do the Xbox streaming thing with the Xbox app. I'll be curious to see how much has been improved since then.

In NHL news, I blew up my HUT team and reworked a bunch of things to where I still have 8 synergies active...but none of them involve my starting goalie. This allows me to throw in whatever goalie I want and not have to worry about it screwing up my boosts (I also have an extra defensemen spot not tied to anything, so that's nice too). I used Bishop for a little while and now I'm trying out Rinne. So far the results have been way better than the various Movember goalies I had before.

This is what I've currently got

Sullivan - Linden - Graves (so much "fuck you" power in that line, lol)

Roenick - Malhotra (92) - MOV Skinner

MOV Forsberg - MOV J. Staal - TOTW Gaborik

Rantanen - MOV D. Sedin - TOTW Grabner

POTG Shattenkirk - Josi (my extra D, so he gets the OJ and 1T boost for 95 SS power)

Vatanen - Suter

TOTW Parayko - Brodie

Rinne - TOTW Jones

Also swapped all of my defensemen because it apparently helps make auto one timers easier since their handedness is to the inside. Obviously especially useful on faceoffs.

Active synergies: Team Wheel, One Timer Efficiency, Tape to Tape, Relentless Forecheck, Defensively Responsible, Wicked Wrister, Offensive Juggernaut, Speedster

If I can't win with this set up, FK this, I retire, lol. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, I'll be getting it. Be even better if it has 5 v 5.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zY3UZ9uPhM0
I don't think it does. Rob said the Operation Sports feature list made it sound like no online play at all...which wouldn't be surprising for an indie sports game. I don't know how many handball, cricket, etc. games we've looked at that ended up not having online play and lost our interest. Like I told Rob though, if this game has no online play, you might as well just play an NHL 94 rom.

Wow, this is pretty awesome. Ubisoft is finishing up their 30th anniversary giveaway thing by letting everybody grab all 7 games from earlier this year in one bundle in case anybody missed any. These are all Uplay only, of course. But still pretty nice.

The games are Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Splinter Cell, Rayman Origins, The Crew, Beyond Good and Evil, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, and Assassin's Creed 3.

http://www.pcgamer.com/ubi-30s-special-weekend-lets-you-claim-previous-months-games-for-free/

The article has a direct link to the promo, but their website seemed slammed when I tried it. It worked fine when I did it through Uplay itself though. Promo lasts until Sunday 12/18.

LOL YES! :)

Making some progress in Horizon. Haven't unlocked Blizzard Mountain yet, but I took my credits and bought an 08 Viper SRT10 Horizon Edition on the auction house for 244K. Not quite the GT-R Black...but it's still pretty beastly. Only a 7.6 speed rating, but everything else is around 10. Really good for city courses with lots of turns. And it's got the credits boost...so I'm getting almost double credits for every race.

So, the American Truck Simulator map rescale is finally officially done and released. For anybody curious, this is what it accomplished.
map_comparsion_fixed.png

I'd say that's pretty significant and it's understandable why it took them months to get it done. They almost doubled the size of the map.

That's pretty cool. It always felt that it was too quick to get from city to city, so sometimes it felt like a commute than a trip.

More VR amazing-ness, haha. :lol:

Skip to 8:30 to see the actual VR perspective. Their recording screwed up when Ryan was playing.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHYnQSBdh2Q[/youtube]

MVP and Rob, you should load up EASHL and get yourselves a very rare achievement. Me, Gary, Brandon, and Alan did something pretty cool last night.

Nice. Good job guys! That'll make up for there not being a D1 HUT one this year.

How was it? Pretty competitive?
Well, we started off the night not really being aware that we even had a chance at the league title. Brandon made the first comment of "We only need 5 points to stay in division 1. Nooooo!" (or something to that effect). We then proceeded to have a two man team disconnect on us about 2 minutes into our first game.

Game two was against a super douchey team that just kept forcing garbage crossers whether it was defended or not and spammed stick lift continuously regardless of their positioning. Naturally, they scored a couple goals with us standing right in the passing lane and they didn't take a penalty until late in the 3rd period. Somehow, we tied the game with 8 seconds left to force OT...and after they took another penalty, we got a quick game winner.

Game three, a three man team...but again, somehow they disconnected quickly and we got another free win.

At this point, we became aware that we needed 6 points to win the league title...with only 3 games left.

Game four, a really tight game that again saw us come from behind to force OT, and again...we scored the game winner.

Game five was finally a blowout. Their goalie sucked and we got every bounce. They outshot us something like 23-16 and we beat them 6-1.

Game six, we could tell we were matched up with a really good team. They were very aggressive and you could see they knew "the moves". Fortunately, our AI RW also came to play and he sniped two unassisted goals early on from them calling the puck out from the goalie and turning it over in their own end. From there it was a battle, they scored to make it 2-1...then our AI scored again for his "first career hat trick".

They scored again late in the 3rd to pull within 1. So, we buckled down, and when they pulled their goalie, we were able to get an empty net goal. We added one more for good measure after that to secure the 5-2 win and somehow, against everything we know to be true in this game, win the highest division in EASHL...only because we were able to go on a 6 game winning streak.

In addition to the free wins, friendly bounces, and AI playing way over their head, we realized that Alan and Gary switched positions for every game. First Gary played RW, then they'd both play D, then Alan would play RW, then back to D again. And then in the decisive game, our AI RW finishes with a hat trick and 5 points total. All of those things came together for our Christmas miracle, lol. :)

If you are an EA Rewards they gave out a free card the other day.  From what I have seen they are all players from European leagues and usually rated 86 OVR with 3 synergies.  I got a RD who was 95 or 96 in speed and acceleration and 96 slap shot power and 97 slap shot power.  

I threw him in my lineup to try him out and he's pretty solid.  He can't hit at all (79 Body checking), but he's got a good stick checking rating (high 80s) and is a monster on offense.

I have returned! It is good to be home :) The thing about proof of ice tilt, "chemgate", and anything else that catches EA red-handed...it means jack shit if people don't boycott the game next year. They'll just deny it and shovel another serving of shit stew on our plates. Just the way it is.

In other news, apparently HTC was like "$800 VR? fuck THAT NOISE! Double it!!!"

http://digitimes.com/news/a20161228PD202.html

The Vive 2 is expected to utilize a wireless transmitter to connect with PC systems and come with two 4K displays with a monitor refresh rate of 120Hz instead of 90Hz for the current model, said the report.

Frog Fractions 2....That is all.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/536890/

I have returned! It is good to be home :) The thing about proof of ice tilt, "chemgate", and anything else that catches EA red-handed...it means jack shit if people don't boycott the game next year. They'll just deny it and shovel another serving of shit stew on our plates. Just the way it is.

In other news, apparently HTC was like "$800 VR? fuck THAT NOISE! Double it!!!"
At least the improvements they're making are the ones that need to be done...but not sure if its worth it at that cost.

Yeah, I guess I can subject myself to that tonight. I'll be on after the Preds get done saying...

37290042.jpg

Damn...Tampa pulls their goalie with 7 minutes left in the game. I guess Cooper figured having a goalie in there didn't help them much up to that point anyway, haha. :lol:

The problem with Cooper is that he doesn't know he has a backup goalie for a reason. He has been pissing fans off a lot lately with letting Vasy stay in the whole game and his while dump and chase program. Yzerman gave him 3 years to try to turn a Calder Cup winning team into a Stanley Cup winning team. It hasn't worked. It's time to move onto a new approach.

Right Rob? It COULD work.

The problem with Cooper is that he doesn't know he has a backup goalie for a reason. He has been pissing fans off a lot lately with letting Vasy stay in the whole game and his while dump and chase program. Yzerman gave him 3 years to try to turn a Calder Cup winning team into a Stanley Cup winning team. It hasn't worked. It's time to move onto a new approach.

Right Rob? It COULD work.
Yeah, I wasn't able to watch the beginning of the game, but I was following it on my phone. When I finally sat down to watch and it was 4-1 in the second, I thought Vasy WAS the backup and had been put into the game. I'm not sure how you see your goalie give up 4 goals on 8 shots and don't put in somebody else.

I also thought Nashville was skating harder than Tampa Bay. In the last game against Montreal, it felt like the Preds were getting beat to every loose puck, and just had trouble clearing the zone. Last night, it felt like Tampa had that problem. Nashville blocked a crap ton of shots too. There were times where I could have sworn Tampa was trying to hit them on purpose, lol.

The Preds have been struggling with consistency though. They'll put a little run together and then just completely disappear offensively. They've won 4 straight road games now and have 5 points in the last 3 games...but who knows if it will build into anything. They play Florida tonight.

As for doing something with pen & paper...we've always had that ability. I mean, we could just do a basic tournament bracket if we wanted. But would we want to do regular VS style with everybody taking a team? Or do EASHL style with 2 man teams? I mean, really, we could use our HUT teams...but obviously that turns into a "juiced team" problem real fast.

It just feels like this is the kind of thing that takes effort to set up and then fizzles out, haha. But if we're sick of regular EASHL, I'm open to ideas.

I think eashl style is the way to go. HUT runs into the team problem you mentioned, unless we set ground rules for players allowed.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

More EA'ness in real life (ha...EAnus). Last night's Preds game...overtime...Nashville shorthanded...blocks a shot...results in 2 on 0 breakaway with 5 seconds left. Crosser FTW. :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPj30L6u2Ds[/youtube]

Turns out the mega HTC Vive 2 on steroids rumor was false...but instead, they've decided to improve the current experience in as many ways as possible through various add on devices. I guess there's already a device to make the headset wireless. And they're making new trackers (and teaching people how to make their own). So, basically, this is going to lead to inexpensive 3rd party gloves, guns, boots, swords, and God knows what else that will work in VR.

I've heard that Oculus's Touch controllers are actually very good. But this is a pretty amazing next step.

https://www.wareable.com/htc/htc-vive-2-ecosystem-tracker-wireless-2332

Also...DIRT Showdown is currently free from Humble.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dirt-showdown-free-game

bread's done
Back