Official NHL 17 Discussion/CAG Team Thread - Ausfahrt Banditos: The Res-Erection

Rob, you're missing out

XcZptyA.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to blow up my HUT team (with the exception of Linden and maybe Graves) and just go after Movember cards. I picked up Movember Frederik Andersen last night for only 30K (hopefully he doesn't suck...but he can't be any worse than my 89 Milestone Luongo who played like dog shit). And after selling a few more guys this morning, I grabbed Movember Alexander Steen since he only needs 1 goal for 200 in his career and 9 more points for 500.

HUTDB has really awesome trackers for TOTW, POTG, and Milestones. It updates daily and seems to track in real time. Pretty freaking impressive.

https://hutdb.net/milestone

Now to just get relegated back to division 10 so I can get those new special packs for winning division titles.

So...HUT is literally the South Park Little League episode right now.

I played one game legit this afternoon...and got screwed when MOV Andersen let in 4 goals on 8 shots. So, I made an all bronze team and started my quest for relegation. I played until the other team scored, then quit and sent a gg message, lol. One guy responds and asks if I'm purposely relegating. I tell him yes, and he's like "that's what I just did too".

My next two games...each opponent beats me to the punch and quits as soon as the clock hits 18:59. I mean, I guess on the bright side, I'm getting relegated AND still earning some coins really quickly, so that's kind of nice. But literally no one wants to play this game anymore, lol. :lol:

What are the packs for division titles?
I just looked it up to get the official word on it, and this is EA's announcement.

HUT ONLINE SEASONS DIVISION TITLE REWARDS
If you win a division title in HUT Online Seasons, you will now earn an Online Seasons Reward Pack on top of the coin bonus for winning the division. The pack can be found in your Unopened Packs and contains 3 untradeable items that can consist of one or more of the following items*:

• Any active and available Bronze jerseys, logos, coaches or collectibles
  • Any active and available Silver jerseys, logos, coaches or collectibles
  • Any active and available Gold items.
There are three tiers for the Online Seasons Reward Packs:

• NHL Rewards Pack – For winning division titles in Online HUT Seasons Division 1 or 2
  • AHL Rewards Pack – For winning division titles in Online HUT Seasons Division 3, 4, 5 or 6
  • CHL Rewards Pack – For winning division titles in Online HUT Seasons Division 7, 8, 9, or 10
Winning division titles in higher divisions will increase your prospects of getting better reward items.

Play more. Win more. Get more.

*The contents of the packs can change based on YOUR feedback.
So, yeah...it's probably not really worth it. But Rob said last night he got a gold collectible from it...which isn't too bad.

So, yeah...it's probably not really worth it. But Rob said last night he got a gold collectible from it...which isn't too bad.
Between Rob's and the one I pulled today. They are worth it. I relegated myself to Division 2 and then went 8-0 for the Title. My pack had a Movember collectible and a gold collectible.

First Movember collectible I've pulled.

Granted I can't sell it or trade it... but I figure if I get one more I can use it towards a set.

Yeah, that was really cool...but mayyybe a little overboard, haha. It's like they're trying to get him to come back or something. Like "stop...we're never getting back together". :lol:

In other news, I learned what people are actually doing to get those HUT division title packs more easily. Rather than getting yourself relegated...they're just trading their team to an alt account and wrecking new players with loaded teams.

EA tried to refute it and say "that seems like a lot of trouble to just get CHL/AHL rewards". But considering what we've seen pulled...and the fact that it seems to be better than what you get in freaking gold packs that you buy, why wouldn't people do it?

So, there's an all rare player pack up right now. 40,000 coins or 800 points for 10 cards. Seems like the best pack they've had so far this year. I bought one and pulled a MOV John Gibson. The bittersweet thing about this pack is it's going to flood the market with solid players, so prices are bottoming out big time. The Gibson MOV is already down to 23K.

Highest card I got was a Patrick Sharo. In both packs. That's booty.

So, I have off week if anybody wants to get a few games in this week.

Lost 3 games in a row in HUT...finally got a good showing out of my team...won in the shootout...annnnnd the game didn't count and I got no coins. Amazingly enough contracts were used up though. Thanks, EA...and go fuck yourself.

Fenton, Fenton has me crying so much. It's at the point where I hear the name and laugh. I can barely watch the video because I'm crying from laughter.
https://youtu.be/3GRSbr0EYYU

Have any of you guys had any more of the division champ reward packs?

I relegated myself back to D3 and didn't get anything (a non rare player and two jerseys), then won D2 abday got Doughty, Gold Collectible and a injury card. I'm thinking the the loaded packs are mainly D2 and D1 with the exception of a few random times.

EA released a new patch today. 775mb this time. And here are the patch notes.

GAMEPLAY:
• Added 11 new goal celebrations to the creation zone.
• Fixed an issue where a user goalie would get stuck after getting hit while in butterfly.
• Fixed an issue where after an icing the puck it would sometimes cause human players to sit on the bench for the next play.
• Fixed some issues where a goalie would get stuck in a post lean away from the post.
• Added new post lean saves for more coverage.
• Improved goalie post lean logic so goaltenders to try and make saves that keep them sealed on the post to prevent short side goals.
• Fixed an issue where some signature stances caused the goalie’s glove hand to push back behind their pad when holding the puck idle on their stick.
• Fixed issues with shot animations when in close to the net.
• Updated User goalie save logic to help them move into a save when they are requesting to push/move first.
• Added functionality to allow goalies to rotate more when coming off the post from VH to butterfly to make them more square to the puck.
• Updates to User goalie save logic on wraparounds based on requested motion.
• Updates to User goalie save delay when in good position to make a blocking save.
• Fixed an issue where a goalie would sometimes drop to butterfly when in possession of the puck on a User requested pass attempt.
• Improved the reliability of one timers by adding quicker snapshots for situations where there isn't enough time to take a full slapshot.
• Fixed an issue where precision skating would sometimes conflict with a loose puck deke attempt at a slow speed. Now if you have your stick out a deking position it prioritizes the deke request.
• Updated goalie logic so that goalies will hold their near post on pass attempts near the net to prevent easy short side goals.
• Updated goalie logic for softer shots on net so that they look to pick it up rather than make a save.
• Various crash fixes.
• General stability updates across all modes.

PRESENTATION:

The following uniforms have been added:

NHL
• Los Angeles Kings Alternate Uniform
• Philadelphia Flyers Alternate Uniform
• Winnipeg Jets Heritage Classic Uniform

AHL
• Springfield Thunderbirds Home and Away Uniforms
• Tucson Roadrunners Home and Away Uniforms

CHL
• Calgary Hitmen Home and Away Uniforms
• Charlottetown Islanders Home and Away Uniforms
• Cape Breton Screaming Eagles Alternate Uniform
• Drummondville Voltigeurs Home and Away Uniforms
• Everett Silvertips Home and Away Uniforms
• Kingston Frontenacs Alternate Uniform
• Lethbridge Hurricanes Home and Away Uniforms
• Swift Current Broncos Alternate Uniform

Liiga
• Oulun Kärpät Home and Away Uniforms
• Rauman Lukko Home and Away Uniforms
• Tampereen Tappara Home and Away Uniforms
• Tampereen Ilves Home and Away Uniforms

SHL
• Malmo Redhawks Alternate Uniform
• HV71 Home and Away Uniforms
• Farjestad BK Home and Away Uniforms
• Djurgården IF Home and Away Uniforms
• Karlskrona HK Home and Away Uniforms

ECHL
• South Carolina Stingrays Alternate Uniform

The following equipment has been added:
• Bauer Vapor 1X OD1N
• Vaughn V7 XF Pro Carbon
• Brian’s G-NETIK III

EASHL:
• Added new jersey logos to customize for your club.
• Added 11 new goal celebrations for your Pro.
• Added a new Drop-in Feature where a group of users can play a private unranked game through the Drop-in Dressing Room lobby:
• Dressing Room Leaders can enter a 4-6 digit private matchmaking ID to matchup privately against another group using the same ID
• Both groups must be matchmaking at the same time with the exact same ID, which means this is meant for larger coordinated games or practice sessions.
• Added the ability to select and view the Player Summary screen from the disconnect and end of game pause menus.
• Fixed issues where Banners, Entry Props, and Flags were clipping through certain cameras in EASHL stadiums.
• Fixed an issue where after icing the puck while on a 4on4 as their penalty is expiring, users would have their players on the bench on the next play.
• Added a new PS4 Feature called Play Together which is used to quickly get a group of friends playing in a Drop-In Group Matchmaking session:
• Allows the host players to invite up to 6 players directly from the Party screen to a new game session
• Go to [Party] > [Play Together] > [Start Game] to create a new session
• The host will be brought to a Drop-In dressing room and the game will automatically send invites to all players the host selected,
• Allows players to join a new game session through invitation or directly from the Party screen:
• Open the invitation sent from the host and select [Join]
• Or go to [Party] > [Play Together] and select one of the Current Game Sessions to join

HUT:

• Improved the Quick Swap functionality in the Edit Lineup screen for quicker line management and updated animations. Quick Swaps can now be performed without transitioning to a separate screen.
• The Synergy Details screen is now visible in the Collection search results when performing player substitutions to further enhance the team building mechanic.
• The highlight animation has been updated in all HUT screens to improve visibility.
• Added new Jersey items to some of the team collections.

FRANCHISE:

• Fixed an issue where players who have a playable injury and are scratched lose morale.
• Note: if a player is fully healed and is scratched they will lose morale.
• Fixed issue where no captains were being assigned in Franchise Mode.
• Fixed multiple arena capacities.
• Fixed multiple teams merchandise images in the set prices screen.
• Improved overall stability within the mode.

BE A PRO:
• Fixed issue where a User would keep getting the doctor's approval to play popup each time they returned to the bench.
• Fixed issue where no captains were being assigned in Be a Pro.
• Improved overall stability within the mode.
YES!!!!

• Fixed issues where Banners, Entry Props, and Flags were clipping through certain cameras in EASHL stadiums.

New Celebrations, Can't wait to see them.

Ha Ha, 42, 45, 47 49 are fantastic!!

So, my original celebration is back!! Yes!! Wipe the snow off the blade!!

Google Earth in VR looks AMAZING.

At 21 minutes in, Jeff starts giving a tour of his hometown, and holy crap, it's amazing what you can do in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_zEHzZern8

Haha, yeah...well, I figured if it came up for $15 again, I'd go for it. And Best Buy has it for $19.99...but GCU knocked it down to $15.99

And man, Sedin is slow as shit. I feel like his 87 rating is out of respect more than anything. He's got an 88 in shooting...when not one of his shooting attributes is an 88 or higher. I'm trying to force him into my lineup just because it seems crazy to waste a Movember (hope to God he gets boosted). But it's going to be tough. Even a guy like Antoine Vermette had good enough speed to justify his spot.

So, here's what I got in my Division 4 title reward pack today.

34oao0n.jpg

Haha, yeah...well, I figured if it came up for $15 again, I'd go for it. And Best Buy has it for $19.99...but GCU knocked it down to $15.99

And man, Sedin is slow as shit. I feel like his 87 rating is out of respect more than anything. He's got an 88 in shooting...when not one of his shooting attributes is an 88 or higher. I'm trying to force him into my lineup just because it seems crazy to waste a Movember (hope to God he gets boosted). But it's going to be tough. Even a guy like Antoine Vermette had good enough speed to justify his spot.
He is 6 assists away from 600, so there's a good chance he'll get a milestone to boost him. When I was trying to sell the Movember Corey Perry I pulled over the weekend someone had offered me his or Henrik Sedin's Mov, Simmonds MOV, Taylor Hall base, and Corey Perry base. Together they would have had a price slightly higher than what I was asking for on the Perry MOV (who I think is about to hit a milestone as well), but I just needed the coins to complete the Ekblad, McDavid, and Matthews set.

I got really lucky over the weekend, won Division 2 and got two Movember collectibles and a jersey or something. Then yesterday I won D1 and got Burns base and another Movember. Pack luck after losing out on Div 2 and 1 titles on Friday after randomly being disconnected in games where I was leading.

It will be interesting to see how much McDavid, Ekblad, and Matthews get boosted this year.

I'm also curious to see what they are going to have in reward packs after Movember is done on Weds. I''m wondering if it will just be another set that starts up or just high end players. I'm kind of hoping they replace the Movember collectibles in those packs with Carbon collectibles.

Not to mention, at some point, they have to tell us what the hell the Hero collectibles are for. I have 12 of them right now. Sometimes I forget that that's just empty value I'm sitting on. Once that gets figured out, hopefully my team will get a nice bump too.

Alexander Steen finally scored his 200th goal tonight. He's also 4 assists away from 300...which also means he's 4 points from 500.

Not sure how many milestones EA will give him out of that, but it would be nice to see his 87 rating go up.

Alexander Steen finally scored his 200th goal tonight. He's also 4 assists away from 300...which also means he's 4 points from 500.

Not sure how many milestones EA will give him out of that, but it would be nice to see his 87 rating go up.
I picked one up last night after your post. Hopefully he jumps up a little bit with a milestone or two card. Even an 88 OVR LW would fit in nicely since I currently only have two LWs in my lineup (Graves and Patches) although I don't have much use for Steen's Synergies. I'm still hoping that I can snag a Larkin for cheap and that he'll get a boost since he has Speedster, Team Wheels, and either DD, WW, or OJ as his 3rd ( all of which I currently have active).

What do your guys' lines look like right now?

Yeah, I don't really love Steen's synergies either. I just want to sell high on him. Probably hold onto him until he's about to get that 500th point and then sell him. I want to swap him for MOV Zuccarello. Almost same synergies as Larkin (S, TW, and OJ) but better attributes.

My current lines with 8 synergies active:

MOV Skinner - Linden - Graves
MOV Forsberg - 97 Malhotra - TOTW Kucherov
MOV Sedin - MOV Zetterberg - TOTW Gaborik
Lindholm - MOV Steen - Boedker

Suter - Shattenkirk
Krug - TOTW Parayko
POTG Brodin - S. Jones

MOV M. Jones - POTG Montoya

Geez...they really nerfed the shit out of those division reward packs since the Movember cards ended. Just finished off a division 3 title and got 2 jersey cards and a gold contract in the reward pack. Stop, EA. You're spoiling me. That's the second time I've gotten shit in a division 3 pack. And the pack where I pulled the Sedin Movember and two gold collectibles was division 4. Basically, working exactly as you'd expect something made by EA to work...  :wall:

Holy crap...Montreal scored 5 goals against Colorado in the first 9 minutes of the game tonight. Pickard gave up 3 goals on 10 shots...and then Varlamov came in and has given up 2 goals on 3 shots. God damn, lol.

#sorrybrandonandalanbutdamn ;)

bread's done
Back