Official NHL 17 Discussion/CAG Team Thread - Ausfahrt Banditos: The Res-Erection

On today's episode of HUT Makes No Sense tm...collectible prices are off the charts. Carbons...67,000. Gold...6,400 (takes 10 Gold to make a Carbon).

Well, what about Silver and Bronze. You could take the time and effort to upgrade those to Golds and Carbons. Ohhh...you would think that wouldn't you? It takes 5 Silver to make one Gold. Cheapest Silver on the market...1,950 (last sold price is 50 coins, lol...somebody fucked up). So, doing it that way would cost you 9,750 to upgrade to one Gold (1,950 x 5). Or 97,500 to upgrade to one Carbon (9,750 x 10).

Bronze gets even better. You need 5 Bronze to make one Silver. Cheapest Bronze on the market...1,350 (last sold is 900...but there are only 12 Bronze on the entire market under 2,000 anyway). So, upgrading Bronze to one Silver would cost 6,750 (1,350 x 5). Then upgrading them to Gold gets you to 33,750 (6,750 x 5). And finally...upgrading to Carbon puts you at 337,500 (33,750 x 10). Yes, that's correct.

I don't know why things aren't regulating at all. Even if you took current Carbon prices and worked backward...the prices of Gold should be 6,700 (so, they're at least right), Silver should be 1,340, and Bronze should be 268. I'm guessing part of the problem is there's basically no reason to buy Bronze and Silver packs anymore...or collect Bronze and Silver cards. So, everybody's focus is bottlenecked at the top. Unless EA adds lower tier sets, I don't know if that problem is fixable. This new system just sucks complete ass.

So those WCOH 88+ sets are amazing. I had a collectible I haven't been able to sell so I traded it in. I got a Seguin which sold for a 150k. Bought two more packs and got a TOTW Sjuster, Faulk, and another collectible in one pack. The other pack I got a Pavel ski and another collectible. Traded in those 2 collectibles and got a Suter and Brett Hull.

So those WCOH 88+ sets are amazing. I had a collectible I haven't been able to sell so I traded it in. I got a Seguin which sold for a 150k. Bought two more packs and got a TOTW Sjuster, Faulk, and another collectible in one pack. The other pack I got a Pavel ski and another collectible. Traded in those 2 collectibles and got a Suter and Brett Hull.
Yeah, you basically just posted "I just got lucky as fuck, you guys", lol. Definitely not the norm there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those WCOH 88+ sets are actually legit. I've gotten Stamkos and a Jari Kurri from two already. I'm just buying up all the WCOH collectibles now and going to bank on the 88+.

Those WCOH 88+ sets are actually legit. I've gotten Stamkos and a Jari Kurri from two already. I'm just buying up all the WCOH collectibles now and going to bank on the 88+.
I'm actually thinking about doing the same.

With these 88+ packs it seems to be based on how many are on the market. Hull there were 2. Suter there were 7. When I got Crawford last week there were 10.

Just put down a team of Backstrom, Duchene, Ekblad, Ekman-Larsson, Gaudreau, Getzlaf, Hall, Josi, Klingberg, Malkin, McDavid, Nyquist, Panarin, Pavelski, Perry, Subban, Tavares, Weber...and Quick as his goalie. Dude didn't take a penalty the whole game. I scored 2 goals in the 3rd to send it to OT.

He won the opening faceoff and just started circling on the outside, waiting for the AI to be stupid. He seriously probably had the puck for a good 3 minutes trying to get me to overskate. Finally, my goalie kicked one out that I was able to get to. I somehow managed to throw it up the ice to Forsberg (as the guy is poke spamming feverishly). He takes control of Josi, I loose puck deked around him. He switches to Klingberg, I pull up and douche all over his face. Glorious. :)

I also had better luck with collectibles today. I just let the game sit, did other stuff, and if something good popped up, I grabbed my controller and bought it. The one nice thing they did this year was make the auction pages real time. So, you don't have to search again or go to a different page or anything.

Got several gold collectibles between 4,500 and 5,000.

Finally starting to get some consistency out of my HUT team. I think I finally remembered how to handle the douches just looking for exploits. You just can't jump from defender from defender trying to make plays. The player change mechanic is just too broken and it takes way too long to turn around. So, people can call it "skill zone" or whatever, but it winds up being effective proper zone defense. Then, you just let them circle on the outside for an eternity...and when they fuck up, you make them pay.

I beat a guy who had 8 minutes more time on attack than me (but less shots) because I just kept him outside all damn game. And having speedsters on the wings does help with people who get too aggressive. I don't have my entire team loaded with nonsense danglers, but guys like Boedker and Hagelin have proved to be useful. I've also been murdering people with Stastny. The guy is just a good player. Great faceoffs, great shooting and passing, and solid defense. I've got him at 2nd line center and he's still holding his own.

I've also got two defenders on wing (Shattenkirk and Josi). They're good enough skaters to not hurt me offensively, and they're great to have on the PK as extra defenders. It also works out because a few of my d-men are more offensive minded (Yandle, Rielly, Barrie). And surprisingly, Martin Jones has been my most reliable goalie in net (5-0, 0.83 GAA, 93 SV%). But I'm sure now that I've posted this, it will all go to hell, lol. :lol:

Some "fun" facts about the Predators jersey situation on the Auction House right now.

There are 8 jerseys that you need to collect for the set.

Of those 8 jerseys, the most available on the AH of any of them is 5.

The total number of Predators jerseys available across those 8 different jerseys is 24.

There are only 4 of the standard gold home jersey and 0 of the standard white away jersey.

EA Spertz.

I just offered the only other Brett Hull card on the market right now but if he don't take would you or anybody else take my 93 overall Ray Borque for him? I just really want Brett Hull and just got Borque for trading a collectible in.
Edit: It's gone and I got Brett Hull now. Somebody offered me about 110,000 for him when I listed him and there was a Hull for 155,000 buy it now so I did it. All them coins, but at least I got Hull! Now I'm either going to save so I can buy Tarasenko or complete the Yotes for Tkachuk.

Seriously...fuck this game, man. Finally got all of the Preds jerseys...went to look at the players I don't have. 79 OVR Miika Salomaki...1 on the entire auction house. Buy Now 5,999. Eat a bucket of dicks, EA.

Just traded in a whole slew of Collectibles.

Here's the outcome

Rask, Robitaille, Malkin, and Bure. Figured I'd quit till tomorrow and turn in 3 more that I have left.

Would anybody take Malkin+coins for Tarasenko? I wouldn't want to downgrade my team until I get enough coins in maybe less then a week so I'll leave it open. :)

Would anybody take Malkin+coins for Tarasenko? I wouldn't want to downgrade my team until I get enough coins in maybe less then a week so I'll leave it open. :)
Sorry, I don't have any high price players like that. For whatever reason (because I'm dumb, haha), I've just been working on completing sets rather than improving my team. I don't even know if it will have a point...but it's giving me something to do.

Just a note after tonight's games...we are 6-1-1 (in Division 4) since shifting the positions around. We also beat two prestiged teams in that stretch (a P1 Lvl 18 and a P1 Lvl 27). Not bad.

Not_Bad.jpg

Was reading today that ComCast is putting a Cap back onto plans. I cant remember if you use ComCast Nate, but the new cap is 1TB and starts in November.  People are now switching to a Business plan to get rid of the cap.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWyNa8TTqq8[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIboJm2WzKY[/youtube]

lol...I've seen that somewhere. I can't remember where though. But my question, who the fuck stops at 5 or 6 stores? Just go where you need to and get your shit, haha.

No work tomorrow because of the hurricane. Well whole week really. Anybody want to play a bit tonight later on?

Had one of my favorite HUT games ever tonight. The guy's team name was "Why U Quit". My Spidey senses told me to just back out...but I was in a hurry and had tried 3 times to find a matchup that didn't have a "fair" connection (damn Canadians).

Anyway...the guy's team: Backstrom, Brind'Amour, Burns, Giroux, Bobby Hull, Lidstrom, MacKinnon, Malkin, McDonagh, Pacioretty, Peitrangelo, Shanahan, Stamkos, Suter, Tatar, Tavares (had to be special edition because he was #20), Weber, Zetterberg...and Price in net (Mrazek was his backup).

Seriously...SERIOUSLY. Had to be the most loaded team I've ever seen. But I played him smart, and acted like that prude girl you knew in high school. He kept looking for a hole, and I gave him nothing. I was up 1-0, and he got a deflection off a blocked shot that bounced to another player and then was tipped in front of the net. Nonsense, but whatever.

A few minutes later, he gets a bitch rebound goal on a stupid shot that of course gets kicked right to his player on the other side of the net. Sooo...I put my headset on and started talking crazy shit, lol. I was like "You have the most loaded bought team I've ever seen...and you still need bitch goals to score. That's hilarious."

So, then he gets on and says "You play like a pussy. You're just hanging back, running trap and skill zone." I told him "You're mad because I'm not being super aggressive and giving your juiced team breakways... Dude, look at your team. You don't get to talk shit when you buy a team like that." He's like "It's called working the market." Riiiiight, lol. I told him "Bullshit. The only thing you worked was your mom's credit card." He said nothing.

Anyway, I tied the game up late, we went to OT, nobody scored. Went to a shootout and he couldn't stop a shot to save his life. Winner winner, chicken dinner. Obviously, I told him to go buy more players. Feels so good. :lol:

Haha, nice. most people suck at Shootout when they have to man the goalie.

https://twitter.com/lucyjamesgames/status/785477676064702464

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZokdmzvDGA

Sold my Rod Brind'Amour and Adam Graves and decided to go all in on finishing the Vancouver set, getting Trevor Linden, and turning on the Team Wheel synergy. Basically everybody on the internet (Reddit, EA Forums, Youtube, etc) says that if you're not using Team Wheel, you're an idiot. And I guess it makes sense. +3 speed, acceleration, and agility for your entire team is pretty crazy.

Anyway, I got all the stupid collectibles I needed, unlocked Linden, switched my coach to Fiddler, and then picked up a few secondary players to get Team Wheel going. I decided to hold off on Curtis Joseph (didn't have enough for the World Cup one anyway) since I only needed 3 more points. I grabbed Halak as a backup goalie, and then Elias Lindholm and Matt Nieto as 4th line wingers. That was enough for Team Wheel. I also still have Offensive Juggernaut, Precision Passing, Tape To Tape, and Speedster activated.

Allegedly, the +3 and +2 for Team Wheel/Speedster stack...so guys like Gaborik, Boedker, Haglin, and Marleau have upper 90s speed and acceleration. Every player on my team has acceleration 90 or higher...and the slowest speed is Paul Stastny at an 88. I don't even have that good of a team, and it feels silly. I can't imagine loaded teams where almost every player is upper 90's speed/acceleration/agility. That's just nuts.

Man, I must have the absolute worst pack luck this year (my punishment for pulling Crosby and Kane in packs they shouldn't have been in last year, I guess). I bought one of the new special packs (with coins) since it guaranteed a collectible in it. My highest card I pulled...86 Patrick Marleau. I looked at the new sets...and saw that there was one to get you another special pack that only needed the Faceoff collectible and 2 gold collectibles.

Well, the problem is, now that EA has made these new special sets that rely heavily on gold collectibles, the price on these cards has skyrocketed. Almost immediately last night, the price on gold collectibles rose from around 5,000 to 9,000 (that's an 80% jump). And yes, they were actually selling for 9,000. I managed to grab 2 at a "steal" of only 8,000 coins each just so I could complete that damn special set.

Open the pack...and my best cards are 85 OVR "rare" Jake Gardiner, Zemgus Girgensons, and Alexander Edler. I got 5 gold contracts and 4 healing cards. Seriously...9 of the 15 cards are contracts and healing. Just fuck yourself, EA. Bend right over...and fuck yourself.

And just highlighting again how stupid and broken this system is...those "rare" golds that they gave me have 40-60 on the auction house, while some of the low rated 79-82 players I have there are only 3-4 of on the AH. Somebody explain to EA what rare means.

I bought some more pucks in game this time, stuck on processing order for like 5 minutes after I clicked that so I closed the game, then when I re opened it I get infinite loading on HUT. Tried un installing, and re install on both my xbox ones and same problem now, not just these points I bought, but all the other points I bought so far also. Other pars of the game will still work. Did all the basic re starting router and clearing cache and stuff from tech support but no help. Only step I didn't do was delete my cloud save, but then I would lose everything for sure.

After I went with ea tech support and no luck of course I found this on the message board and thought I would re post it here in case someone else has this problem because I was super bummed.

I've posted this workaround earlier:

Did you try this already:

1 - Try to access HUT
2 - While on the loading screen hit guide button [center button on your controller]
3 - Go to profile
4 - Select "Add & manage"
5 - Add guest
6 - Go to profile again
7 - Sign out of the guest account

You will never ever EVER believe who I ran into tonight...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oee-uwRBSd0[/youtube]

I have no idea who that is in the video.

Also, Matthew's with 4 goals, and STILL went into OT and he didn't cover his man. Even though good on him for calling him self out in the interview. I can't wait to find his Milestone and POTG card now.

A Pie in your face?

Wow, I can't believe you found each other. Like Fate!!

Man, that video is so good. I love watching us try to hurt our selves.

Yeah, been known for awhile. I have a Stamkos one and a Jamie Benn as well. Going to pick up a couple extra and have them custom made Lightning ones as well.

I am disappointed in the lack of Harry Potter name calling.
Haha, that's what I was telling Brandon last night. I wanted to reference those old messages, but he's probably sent so much crap like that to people the past 5+ years, he wouldn't even remember. I did consider sending him a link to the video though, haha. But I don't wnat him to report it and get it pulled down.

Yeah, those Funko Pops seem like such a slippery slope. They have them for literally everything. Once you start buying them and displaying them, it just feels like there would be no end. It's the same reason I don't do drugs, lol. :lol:

Modem is acting up. I hate to say this but, I'm done for now. Keep on without me.

Edit: Not my modem at all, it's Brighthouse with an outtage. Told me it won't be back on till 530am. WTF? a FIX YO SHIT!!

Saw this posted on Reddit. Exactly what I was hoping for. Let the game play itself and get your 92 Malhotra. :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhK7rWnMhO8[/youtube]

bread's done
Back