Official NHL 17 Discussion/CAG Team Thread - Ausfahrt Banditos: The Res-Erection

I still might trade the Blues when I'm ready. That hero collectible card might come in handy for something good. May check some prices on Hull though and could go after that first. I already bought one of my carbons though, but I could sell it I guess if I wanted.

The auction house is completely broken right now. Every time you try to buy a card it gives the "failed to retrieve data" error. I was wondering why there were so many great prices on there, haha. Incredible work, EA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the 2200 point deal for 14.00 at Amazon was indeed a price mistake. I looked it up again this morning, it's at 19.99.

[twitter]BenjaminCousins/status/779203600681664512[/twitter]
lol..what did I just see...

In HUT news, I just did my daily scan of the Preds set to see where jersey prices are. The third jersey in the set (home, blue with white shoulders) has three available...with Buy Now's of 10K, 12K, and 14K. Last sold price...9.75K. Any day now, EA. HUT is basically broken functioning like this.

Had my first really satisfying HUT win. Dude had Roy, Kurri, Stamkos, J. Carter, Weber, Kessel, Nash, Paccioretty, Carlson, Kesler, Neal, Okposso, Couture, both Sedins, etc. Naturally, the guy is playing super aggressive defense and just letting Roy bail him out.

He goes up 3-2 on an attempted cross crease that hits my goalie (Luongo) and goes in. I tie it up with 3 minutes to play on what ends up being a coast to coast breakaway because he played the pass the entire way. With :54 left to play, I take an odd angle shot that bounces out in front and AI Ryan Johansen just crashes into the net.

I made sure to tell him to go spend more coins. :lol:

Jesus Christ have I reached the douchebag portion of HUT. I'm only in Division 8, but between bought teams and assholes who just stick spam the entire fucking game, it's practically unplayable. Same garbage every year. The second I touch the puck, rape, rape, rape...and no penalties.

The last guy went the entire game without taking a penalty and ends up scoring the winning goal on a cross crease that hits off my defender's skate and bounces to the forward in the slot, who just throws it in past an out of position goalie. Just complete and utter horseshit. The game is so fucking dumbed down for these retards.

Also, there are a crap ton of people using the Team North America logo right now...and so far, 100% of them have been giant douchebags. So, if you see this...

World-Cup-of-Hockey-Team-North-America.png

just do yourself a favor and back out.

For anybody curious, the guy who always recommends team strategy settings made a new video for this year.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pa0RrV4f-w[/youtube]

The biggest thing I've had problems with is my defensemen just giving up on plays and getting beat down the ice. Seriously, I had Roman freaking Josi just stop skating and allow the guy who deked around me (RD) at the faceoff dot to just walk right up to the goalie and casually flip it in on his backhand.

And switching into the defender is almost worse because the pivot to turn around takes so long. It's ridiculous how crippled defensemen are in this game every single year.

Jesus Christ have I reached the douchebag portion of HUT. I'm only in Division 8, but between bought teams and assholes who just stick spam the entire fucking game, it's practically unplayable. Same garbage every year. The second I touch the puck, rape, rape, rape...and no penalties.

The last guy went the entire game without taking a penalty and ends up scoring the winning goal on a cross crease that hits off my defender's skate and bounces to the forward in the slot, who just throws it in past an out of position goalie. Just complete and utter horseshit. The game is so fucking dumbed down for these retards.

Also, there are a crap ton of people using the Team North America logo right now...and so far, 100% of them have been giant douchebags. So, if you see this...

World-Cup-of-Hockey-Team-North-America.png

just do yourself a favor and back out.
I've noticed that there seems to be a lot of bought teams in the middle tiers. I'm up to 4 and have played 2 teams where they were mostly 86s with b one or two 87s. I had an absolute bs game earlier. Up 6-3 with 5 to go in the game. Guy ends up scoring 4 to win. His last 3 goals were limp dick shots at the blue line with no traffic. He ended up shooting 7 for 15 on Crawford to my 6 for 33 on Gibson. One of his other goals was the jumping d-man colliding with the goalie and dropping it in. Awesome... Thanks EA.

Yeah, it just feels very similar to last year. Things happen...and it makes no sense. I finally took the time to balance my lineup and had 5 synergies turned on (Playmaker Passing, Wicked Wrister, Offensive Juggernaut, Net Presence, and It's A Trap)...and my team started playing worse. I also had Luongo in net (who was decently reliable last year for me)...and he just got lit up game after game (I lost a few 6-0 and 7-0).

It made me think about the affect that the +7 and +9 boosts would have on your players where it would make them feel like they performed worse...and this almost feels like the same thing. So, I went back and created a crap lineup of under 1,000 coin players and put Eddie Lack back in net...and I won the next game. It's just same old HUT nonsense. It all comes down to the bounces that you get and what level of AI they give you.

Speaking of synergies and how dumb they are...the biggest joke I found while scouting for Faceoff Master...Richard Panik...Chicago's 83 OVR RW Sniper has the Faceoff Master synergy...and his faceoff rating is 60... WHAAAAAT???

Yup...1,250 x 10 accounts = 12,500 coins per day...just from daily bonus. Who's the bitch now, EA? Who's the bitch now?

Also, Alan, you mentioned the screenshot of the "Thank you for digitally purchasing NHL 17" or whatever message. I feel like I came across it one time, but I can't seem to find it now. Do you happen to remember where that was?

I took a screenshot of my purchase history from the Microsoft website.
Well, yeah...I figured. I was talking for me though. I was planning on just being honest and telling/showing them what happened. I feel like i saw a picture of the message somewhere, but I can't remember where.

Ah, misunderstood then, my bad. I don't really remember seeing anything like that in that case, sorry
It's all good. I managed to find it in a Youtube video. Submitting my plea to EA now, basically making the case that this is an "error" that many people benefited from. And to go in after the fact and correct it seems unfair. So, even if the packs really should have never been in my account in the first place, it's not like I'm the one who put them there. We'll see if they tell me to fuck off or not.

In other news, HUT online seasons are such a joke. People abusing speed more than ever because of how long it takes the AI to simply turn around and get back on defense. This video says it all.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLlJL_h2f5Y&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Who cares how good the player is...as long as he's fast! Basically the same shit as Madden.

That was actually Bobby Ryan that fought the rookie who was trying to make an impression. MacArthur just came back from a concussion.

You can hear him in the video say "You fucking idiot." Ryan also said "I've watched a guy I've known for 5 minutes hit a teammate of 3 years. Couldn't live with my self if I didn't go at him."

Victory is mine! :)

30k9h6h.jpg

Kind of surprised the honest approach worked, but I just told them "I'm not going to lie. I bought the game on disc, but I also played the 10 hour digital trial in EA Access. I'm not sure if that's what triggered the message, but it's been well documented on the internet as happening to lots of people. So, while technically, I probably shouldn't have had the packs in the first place, I'm not the one who put them in my account. And removing them after the fact seems unfair."

I got a response around 4AM this morning saying "After a thorough investigation of this case, I have granted 10 Gold plus packs to your account."

Needless to say, I opened all of them immediately, haha. My best pulls were McDavid, Parise, and Barrie. No World Cup or special cards at all (not even any collectibles). Part of me wonders if EA has some designation for these bonus packs that prevents them from getting those types of cards (making the Movember idea probably moot anyway). I did notice that some of the Gold plus packs (like these ones) have that UT logo on them and others don't. Not sure if that could have anything to do with it.

Regardless, I feel lucky that this worked out. Now to sell off the abundance of crap cards I received.

I dont get it. How do you use multiple accounts to get extra gold in your main one?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Edit - Ninja'd by Alan.

You build up your coins from the daily reward and trade them over. Basically, you just need different gamertags, and go into HUT in each one. Seems like it would be pretty quick to run through each one each day for the reward.

Sign into Account A, log into HUT, get daily reward, sign out...get booted back to NHL title screen, Sign into Account B, and repeat.

Also, glad that worked out for you Nate, even though you got crap in your packs.

Yeah, not super great considering that was 200 cards...and I only got 3 guys 87 or higher. But at least I can sell them, and that makes the idea of completing sets more feasible. Just need jersey prices to come down.

Edit - Ninja'd by Alan.

You build up your coins from the daily reward and trade them over. Basically, you just need different gamertags, and go into HUT in each one. Seems like it would be pretty quick to run through each one each day for the reward.

Sign into Account A, log into HUT, get daily reward, sign out...get booted back to NHL title screen, Sign into Account B, and repeat.

Yeah, not super great considering that was 200 cards...and I only got 3 guys 87 or higher. But at least I can sell them, and that makes the idea of completing sets more feasible. Just need jersey prices to come down.
Feel free to let me know what jerseys you need. All I'm doing is playing for packs to build up enough extra stuff to burn for collectibles. I keep most jerseys and only trade in duplicate coaches, arenas, and logos.

Well... just lost to the 38th ranked HUT player.

Out shot him 20-11 with a minute more time on attack. He had TW and S synergies activated. Had a fairly stacked team. Pretty much douched the whole game looking for cross crease, rebounds, and short side.

Woke up this morning to my internet working flawlessly...without cycling, without doing anything. Really makes me think all the hoops they make you jump through (clear cache and cookies, restart computer, etc.) is just nonsense to cover for their shitty service.

So, I check HUT prices since I have 130K coins right now after selling McDavid, Parise, and other junk...and saw that the last sold price on the Preds old home jersey is 12,000, lol. I really hope that's somebody moving coins from one account to another because that's insane.

On top of that, collectible prices are going way up. The cheapest gold collectible on the AH right now is 6,900 coins. So, that's just driving the price of completing sets even higher. I get that the season hasn't started yet, so they haven't been able to do a lot of special packs, but they should have done some type of consumables/team information pack or something. Or just a "early bird" sale on Gold Plus packs to get people buying them.

It's so weird how flooded the market is with players (last I looked, Luongo seems to be the new Patrick Sharp...there were 130 of him last night), but some jerseys there are only two of.

I looked at weber last night and there were 70 of him in the auction house. Ryan McDonagh? 7. Go figure.

I looked at weber last night and there were 70 of him in the auction house. Ryan McDonagh? 7. Go figure.

Wow...that's crazy. I wonder what the hell the distribution is based on. It's weird seeing 88 OVR guys be that common...but only some of them.

In other news, Comcast man just left. He definitely noticed a problem and said that he wasn't getting any signal at all from the wall outlet. He took it off, messed around with some cables and put some new ones in. He mentioned something about one of the cables behind the wall getting kinked and that possibly interrupting the flow intermittently. Right now everything is good. We'll see if it lasts.

So weird. I got dropped at the end of the game, and my Xbox did that thing where it's like "your settings do not allow party chat". Didn't feel like hard rebooting. So, goodnight, fellas!

Got $10.44 refunded from Best Buy thanks to NHL being on sale this week. I'm pretty sure this is the 4th time I've done that this year. Crazy. At least Best Buy keeps coming through and honoring it.

Also, for anyone attempting to juggle multiple HUT accounts, you might want to completely exit out of the game before signing out/signing into your next gamertag. Just getting disconnected from EA servers and getting booted to the title screen had some really weird effects for me.

I would be completely signed out of my main gamertag, sign into a different one, get back to the main menu, have it show the favorite team and the profile pic of the second gamertag...then load up HUT and load my real team from my main gamertag. I don't even know how that's possible, but EA did it. So, yeah...just exit the game completely if you don't want crap to get all screwed up.

bread's done
Back