Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard VLC was supposed to be developing something similar, so I'm surprised Littlstar has gone unrivaled for so long. It really should be something that's built into the native player, but of course everyone's got to charge for every little extra thing. I feel like the companies that sell PSVR content are going to suffer as well, because people will have to pay for another thing on top of that. There's enough backlash on reddit to make me wonder if they're going to survive it.

Has anyone used Oculus Go for videos?  As easy to use as PSVR was?  I'd rather spend $200 for that upfront than pay a single cent on a subscription that "allows" me to access my own files.

Has anyone used Oculus Go for videos? As easy to use as PSVR was? I'd rather spend $200 for that upfront than pay a single cent on a subscription that "allows" me to access my own files.
Do you have any kind of capable PC? You might as well just get a WMR headset at that point.

Two new deals this week:

ChromaGun VR - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 2/26

VR Ping Pong - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 3/4

The deals from last week:

Dirt Rally Plus PlayStation VR Bundle - $14.99 - 70% Off - $9.99 - 80% Off - Ends 3/1

Dirt Rally - PlayStation VR Upgrade DLC Add-on - $3.89 - 70% Off - $2.59 - 80% Off - Ends 3/1

End Space - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/1

Loading Human: Chapter 1 - $11.99 - 70% Off - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/1

The Persistence - $20.99 - 30% Off - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/1

Superhot Mind is Software Bundle - $25.99 - 35% Off - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/1

Superhot VR - $18.74 - 25% Off - $14.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/1

Thumper - $6.99 - 65% Off - $4.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/1

Transference - $12.49 - 50% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/1

Transpose - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/1

A new release:

Dick Wilde 2 - $19.99

I’m happy to see Dick Wilde 2 being released. I bought but haven’t played the first one yet. But a sequel implies that it performed well enough sales wise and that bodes well for the medium

Thumper has been this price a couple times before, but let me just say that it’s well worth it. If you haven’t already, get it.

I gots me some VR reviews. I've been in adventure game heaven lately.

Blind: I joked about the idea of using VR to experience blindness before, but this is a decent enough puzzle adventure. Took me about 3 hours to complete 100%. Like Stifled, you have to use sound in order to "see" your surroundings (that means tapping your cane often, which only lasts for seconds, so it gets annoying). The graphics are better than Stifled, though that one had a better story overall. I picked it up for $10 during the sale, but it would be even better for $5 or so. Mildly recommended.

Déraciné: Like Fatbot3 said, this is one of the best looking PSVR games out right now (on par with Torn, in my opinion). It's a story-based narrative where you play as a faerie who travels through the course of a year while manipulating events. I actually really loved this game, though it's probably not for everyone (it has a gentle and relaxing tone, like a walking sim). My only complaint is that there is no option for full locomotion and zipping through the teleport nodes kind of make me dizzy. It's an easy plat though; no missable trophies (about 5 hours total). $15-20 would be a good range.

A Fisherman's Tale: As Jurai mentioned, this is worth picking up (less than $10 would be ideal) although it's very short (1-2 hours) and feels like they could have done more with the idea. I think of it as a Russian nesting doll puzzle game. The graphics are sharp and the whole experience feels bright and polished. The plat is a bit of a pain because there is a trophy where you have to complete the game while grabbing less than 150 times, which is a problem in Chapter 3 because of pulley mechanisms and rope climbing (took me 4 tries, but I got it to pop while replaying that part from chapter select).

XING: The Land Beyond: Earlier, Moonbathing asked about this one. My first reaction was that the graphics were downright pixely compared to Fisherman's Tale. It's beautiful in its own right, though; this feels like the kind of game I was looking for when I bought Perfect VR or Island Time (both of which also featured coconuts). It's a puzzle platformer where you traverse a mythical island (similar to Robinson: The Journey, though not as pretty) while using day/night/weather mechanics to solve fun (not frustrating) puzzles. I played 4 hours of it and I'm halfway through, so it seems like an 8+ hour game with a straightforward plat (collectibles mostly, and you can replay levels). It's a creative puzzle game in the vein of The Talos Principle or The Witness, but with the added benefit of optional VR. My only disclaimer is that it might make people sick who aren't used to full locomotion and jumping around in VR. $10-15 is a perfect price.

(I've added them to my PSVR ratings post)

I’m happy to see Dick Wilde 2 being released. I bought but haven’t played the first one yet. But a sequel implies that it performed well enough sales wise and that bodes well for the medium
Anyone played Cock Wilde 2 yet? Gameplay looks a lot more diverse than the first.

Some new deals for today:

18 Floors - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/5
Apex Construct - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/5
Drone Striker - $7.49 - 25% Off - Ends 3/5
Eagle Flight - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/5
Eagle Flight & Werewolves Within PSVR Bundle - $11.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/5
Evasion - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/5
Honor and Duty: D-Day - $8.99 - 10% Off - Ends 3/4
Mind Labyrinth VR Dreams - $17.49 - 30% Off - Ends 3/5
Neverout - $4.79 - 40% Off - Ends 3/5
Operation Warcade - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 2/28
Paper Dolls - $12.74 - 25% Off - Ends 3/5
Sega Genesis Classics - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 3/5
Squishies - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/5
Star Trek: Bridge Crew - $11.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/5
Trackmania Turbo - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/5
Unearthing Mars - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/5
Unearthing Mars 2: The Ancient War - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 3/5
VR Apocalypse - $5.39 - 40% Off - Ends 3/18
The Walker - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/5
Werewolves Within - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/5
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner Mars - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/5

The existing deals that are still active:

Dirt Rally Plus PlayStation VR Bundle - $14.99 - 70% Off - $9.99 - 80% Off - Ends 3/1

Dirt Rally - PlayStation VR Upgrade DLC Add-on - $3.89 - 70% Off - $2.59 - 80% Off - Ends 3/1

End Space - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/1

Loading Human: Chapter 1 - $11.99 - 70% Off - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/1

The Persistence - $20.99 - 30% Off - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/1

Superhot Mind is Software Bundle - $25.99 - 35% Off - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/1

Superhot VR - $18.74 - 25% Off - $14.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/1

Thumper - $6.99 - 65% Off - $4.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/1

Transference - $12.49 - 50% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/1

Transpose - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/1

VR Ping Pong - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 3/4

A freebie:

Firewall Zero Hour - Trinket Lil’ Diaz - Free

New Release:

Fate/Grand Order VR feat. Mash Kyrielight - Free

From the description page:

Mash comes into My Room to discuss something. What does she want to discuss, and what is this 'training' that she suddenly brings up...?
PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT3_174129.jpg
Jeez, it's like they want me to download this or something. :shock:

The Kingdom Hearts VR Experience is up for those looking for something free and yet still disappointing. Word is they will add some decent stuff shown in the original reveal at a later date though no idea why a free experience is getting delivered in such small chunks.

The Kingdom Hearts VR Experience is up for those looking for something free and yet still disappointing. Word is they will add some decent stuff shown in the original reveal at a later date though no idea why a free experience is getting delivered in such small chunks.
My life is full of free and disappointing experiences, so why not?

Speaking of which, I played through that Fate/Grand Order VR and it was an interesting dating sim-like experience. I would buy something like that if it were a full game. It's a little like Summer Lesson in which there is minimal interaction and repetition is key. You have to play through it six times (trying all options) in order to see everything and there's no way to skip scenes you've seen before. But it does make me feel a little less lonely to be in the presence of VR anime babes. :whistle2:|

Now I have only played KH 1, Chain of Memories (on GBA) and KH2 (on ps2) and maybe since it was so long ago my memory of 2 is shaky but I felt like this VR experience was really just showing a lot of spoilers?

And yeah the Fate/Grand Order VR was interesting, I think I would need to do more than sprinkle glitter to make it a worth while full game purchase.

Whelp, the sad day that Lonely Boy warned us about has finally come. Littlstar updated on my PS4 today and took away all of my access to sideloaded content, save for a 2 minute preview. There is a subscription model for $24/yr or $3/mo for access to all premium content. There is also the option to just add usb support for a one time fee of $40. I don’t want to pay annually and $40 seems like a lot just to enable usb sideloading. I’m not sure what to do

Premium access let’s you stream from your computer (downloaded files, not true streaming). I wish the $40 included that feature. Would make it more justifiable.

Funny enough, I would have been more likely to buy a lifetime license if Littlstar had started charging for their service a year ago. It's priced like a discounted year of PS+, so it would have been a purchase where I'm like "yeah, sure", and I don't think about the cost that much.

But at this point I'm thinking do I really care about a lifetime license for the PS4 PSVR when I expect the PS5 will come out late next year?

Thanks for letting us know! This is the first discount we've ever had for Beat Saber... right?

I was hoping to only spend $20 on it, but since it apparently is stubbornly sticking to $29.99, I may jump on it at this price...
Fwiw I don't believe the steam version has ever gone on sale since release

Beat Saber's first Music Pack arrives on March 14.  No word on pricing or contents- http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/03/beat_sabers_first_dlc_arrives_14th_march_on_psvr

Also, if anyone is interested in Wal-mart's $24.99 deal for the game, it is also available for the same price on eBay (not from me): https://www.ebay.com/itm/PlayStation-VR-Beat-Saber-Game-Physical-Code-Rhythm-Game-PSVR/264183568284?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

So now I'm really debating whether to get it now at $24.99 or hope that it gets a sale when the first Music Pack comes out...

I can’t believe how few listings there have been for beat saber on eBay. You would think with all the bundles that there would be more codes floating around

I'm not surprised at all, the game is one of the most fun games on the console.  Probably the best game that requires move controllers.

Yeah but when other consoles were packed in with popular games the market was then flooded with codes for a while. There’s only like 2 listings for Beat Saber on eBay.

The new deals this week:

Eagle Flight & Werewolves Within PSVR Bundle - $15.99 - 60% Off - $11.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/12

Gungrave VR - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/12

Gungrave VR: Loaded Coffin Edition - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/12

Gungrave VR U.N - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/12

Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/12

:ps4: Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - $11.99 - 80% Off - Ends 3/12

:ps4: Trackmania Turbo - $15.99 - 60% Off - $11.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/12

:ps4: Transference - $12.49 - 50% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/12

Werewolves Within - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/12

The deal from last week:

VR Apocalypse - $5.39 - 40% Off - Ends 3/18

A new release:

ChromaGun Bundle - $26.99

https://www.playstation.com/en-ae/get-help/help-library/apps---features/playstation-apps---features/using-the-playstation-4-media-player/

“...If you are using a PlayStation 4 Pro, you can also use Media Player to play 4K video files in mp4 format saved on a USB stick or home server, as well as 4K VR content when using PlayStation VR. Note: You need to be using a 4K-compatible display device in order to view 4K content...”

Sony says it can be done. So why haven’t any of us been able to figure it out? Maybe our videos aren’t encoded to the right H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level? I know that when I had sound but no video I was able to use a level editor to fake the level (which is instant, rather than recoding, which can potentially take many hours). I would always set it up to 5.1 and it would work. Haven’t had to do that to a video in some time though.

The only supported formats are H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2

I'm guessing that page is referring to non-3D 360 degree video. I remember the video player app had a "VR mode" option. When I clicked it the entire video was warped around me. I tested it with a standard video, so it looked weird. I think that option is meant for 360 degree video where you can look all around you, but the entire image is 2D. I think 2D 360 degree video might be the extent of VR support for the video player app.

And calling it 4K is probably just referring to the resolution of the video file. It won't mean much in the low-res PSVR display, but the video file can be 3840x2160.

Anything over 3200x1600 stutters for me.

My Littlstar still hasn't updated yet; I've got it on pause indefinitely. Every time I start it up, it tries to download the file and I pause it again. Wonder how long I can keep this up. :D

Anything over 3200x1600 stutters for me.

My Littlstar still hasn't updated yet; I've got it on pause indefinitely. Every time I start it up, it tries to download the file and I pause it again. Wonder how long I can keep this up. :D
Are you using a standard PS4? 3200x1600 does seem to be the limit for the standard PS4, but I would think the Pro could handle 4K video.

Another thing to consider is that page might only be referring to 4K 2D 360 degree video in the video player app. Maybe even the Pro struggles to play 4K 3D VR video in the Littlstar app.

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/the-aim-controller-update-is-live-for-borderlands-2-vr-today/1969801

Borderlands 2 VR got a big update to add Aim Controller support along with some new control options:

AIM CONTROLLER SUPPORT ( Community Suggestion) – BL2VR is now compatible with the Aim Controller!
  • Within the Options Menu, options for swapping sticks, buttons, or both are available. We added this to help people who are left-handed or if you want to switch around the layout of your Aim Controller.
  • Also, the option to make movement relative to the Gun or to the Head is available for the Aim Controller. If your movement is Gun relative, pushing forward on the control stick will move you based on where the gun is pointing. If your movement is Head relative, pushing forward on the control stick will move you based on where you’re looking.
IMPROVED SCOPE ( Community Suggestion) – Performance on the scope has been improved and it is now a much larger window.

CROSSHAIRS TOGGLE ( Community Suggestion) – A new option is available in the Options menu that allows you to turn off the crosshairs.

SCOPE TOGGLE ( Community Suggestion) – A new option is available in the Options menu that allows you to turn off the scope window. You can have all the benefits of scoping without having a giant window in your face.

Sad that ID couldn't even fucking update Doom with a left handed patch years after release, and the Borderlands 2 devs have already done it.

If someone plays it with the Aim controller please leave feedback on how the control compares to Farpoint.  I don't know anything about Borderlands but if it has the same feel as Farpoint did as far as control goes, I'd maybe grab it just for that.

I was going to sell my Borderlands 2 code specifically because it seemed so stripped down and not taking enough advantage of VR, but with AIM support I may just have to hold onto it. If they land with the AIM controller, this would undoubtedly be the best FPS on PSVR.

Sad that ID couldn't even fucking update Doom with a left handed patch years after release, and the Borderlands 2 devs have already done it.

If someone plays it with the Aim controller please leave feedback on how the control compares to Farpoint. I don't know anything about Borderlands but if it has the same feel as Farpoint did as far as control goes, I'd maybe grab it just for that.
Same Boat! I'm left handed and I couldn't believe the amount of little I seen for us left handed users! I should've really read up on this before I purchased a VR Bundle. I won't buy another one for PS5 unless they outright claims Left hand support is included.

bread's done
Back