Official Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver thread of 10 year nostalgia rush

But then opposing trainers could easily turn it on its' back, exposing its' weak point and allowing them to deal it...
TINY DAMAGE!!!

Ugh, I know this sounds outdated, but I wished this was for GBA.
Its gonna be soooo slow compared to the original.
I miss that menu efficiency in the latter games.

That looks really good. I see they even made improvements to the buildings and whatnot. Awesome. Really looking forward to this.

[quote name='blackjaw']I don't know what I was expecting, but that vid didn't really do it for me. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum reskin.[/QUOTE]

There's no "reskin" or anything. It's for the sake of consistency. The GB/GBC games looked alike, R/S/E/FR/LG looked alike, and now these. There's no big deal.

Id hate to sound like a dick, but thats actually wrong......GBC had much more color and had different everything (not to mention it was a different gen), FRLG also had lots different from RSE. The text was much different, and most of the sprites were changed to make it look smoother. In this gen, the differences do look pretty big (Lots of style changes, prettier graphics, wind)

[quote name='Nohbdy']There's no "reskin" or anything. It's for the sake of consistency. The GB/GBC games looked alike, R/S/E/FR/LG looked alike, and now these. There's no big deal.[/QUOTE]

Bro, it looks exactly like Pokemon Diamond with G/S Pokedude, towns, pokemon. Until further details of extras are announced, the game is purely a graphic reskin of one of the better poke games.

I never said I wasn't going to buy it first day, but your "sake of consistency" is crap...its "sake of making as much money off the graphic engine as possible".

I literally scream OMG when I heard they're finally remaking this
can't wait till I can see my favorite starter Chikorita in the new 2D engine!! :D
and the pokemon following you..I hope it isn't just the starter..but also other ones
...haha I can totally see Snorlax walking slowly behind the sprite

so...let's see...

Offspring will have a combo look of their parents (So...will Ditto offsprings be purple now?)
Wind (changes the direction/length of fishing pole strings?)
Starter follows you around like Pikachu in Yellow until evolved?

Any other changes besides the visuals and wifi?

2eyuded.jpg

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DQT']A working save system for starters. Belongs in the OP I'd say.[/QUOTE]

I fail to see anything wrong with the current save system.

I think he meant more than one save file.

Or maybe some optimizing so that it doesn't have to "save a lot of data" every time you change your party or something.

[quote name='Nohbdy']I think he meant more than one save file.

Or maybe some optimizing so that it doesn't have to "save a lot of data" every time you change your party or something.[/QUOTE]

If he's complaining about the "saving a lot of data", that's silly because it doesn't happen that often.

The multiple save file I don't think can be done since the game actually has two save files. The first file is your main save file that boots up every time you continue your game, the second file is a back up file that is there in case something would happen to corrupt your main file, hence why from time to time it needs to "save a lot of data" so it can update the main game file and update the back up file.

[quote name='lilboo']I'm going to imagine March 2010. :whistle2:k
Sigh[/QUOTE]

At least it'll give me time to play Platinum. I'm a couple hours in and it's my first game since R/S/E. I feel so lost this generation!

[quote name='SL4IN']If he's complaining about the "saving a lot of data", that's silly because it doesn't happen that often.[/quote]
Surely you can't be serious. I'd say 95% of my saves are the long ones.

The multiple save file I don't think can be done since the game actually has two save files. The first file is your main save file that boots up every time you continue your game, the second file is a back up file that is there in case something would happen to corrupt your main file, hence why from time to time it needs to "save a lot of data" so it can update the main game file and update the back up file.
I find it very, very hard to believe they can't fit more save slots in the game. So what if there's already two? Doesn't mean there can't be 4.

Wow, I forgot a lot of these junky GSC Pokemon. Sentret? Spinarak? Delibird?

So far my confirmed in-game team will consist of Typhlosion, (Red) Gyarados, and Scizor. For my dragon it'll be either Salamence or Dragonite, probably the latter based on how difficult it is to obtain a Dratini/Bagon. The rest I'm unsure still.

Also: I hope Silver doesn't wear short shorts/a kilt again.

Salamence wasn't in GSC, Mox...unless Bagon is one of the new ones you can catch after facing the E4...

And yeah, pretty much all of the GSC generation was garbage outside of Kingdra, Tyranitar, Typhlosion, Blissey...and probably one more I'm missing.

[quote name='pete5883']Surely you can't be serious. I'd say 95% of my saves are the long ones.[/QUOTE]

The only time it has to do a long save is when you move stuff around in your PC. Any other time, it saves quickly.

Yeah that's what I mean. IF Bagon is in Gold, then I'll use Salamence. Otherwise just Dragonite.

You're missing Scizor, Heracoss, and Skarmory.

@X

"The Arceus section in the scans is just showing its different PokeDex entries in Diamond and Pearl. It also says that in Platinum, you can hear the legend of Arceus from a hiker in the Oreburgh Mine and then later in the Canalave Library when you have the Arceus from the movie event in your party. The legend just summarizes what we already know about the legendaries of Sinnoh in that Arceus is the creator and Dialga, Palkia, and the lake trio were born from it."

Sorry, what I meant was a working save system.My copy of Silver literally won't save anymore. That's after having two 50+ hour games erased for no reason. Pokemon G/S is the XBOX 360 of game cartridges. The save battery is indeed a piece of shit. That's why cags are so hesitant to buy those games used. The remakes may well be automatically better than the originals as a result.

[quote name='Moxio']@X

"The Arceus section in the scans is just showing its different PokeDex entries in Diamond and Pearl. It also says that in Platinum, you can hear the legend of Arceus from a hiker in the Oreburgh Mine and then later in the Canalave Library when you have the Arceus from the movie event in your party. The legend just summarizes what we already know about the legendaries of Sinnoh in that Arceus is the creator and Dialga, Palkia, and the lake trio were born from it."[/QUOTE]
Damn, totally not what I was hoping/expecting :bomb:

[quote name='DQT']Sorry, what I meant was a working save system.My copy of Silver literally won't save anymore. That's after having two 50+ hour games erased for no reason. Pokemon G/S is the XBOX 360 of game cartridges. The save battery is indeed a piece of shit. That's why cags are so hesitant to buy those games used. The remakes may well be automatically better than the originals as a result.[/QUOTE]

If that's what you meant by the save system, then the problem you're talking about is the battery in the cartridge dying. They were only meant to last a certain number of saves (I don't remember exactly how much, but it was more than one person would have achieved by themself easily). The problem is easily fixed by opening the cartridge and replacing the batter (it's a CR2032 inside). DS carts to my knowledge don't use a separate battery for saving, so that problem shouldn't occur with DS games.

@ Pete, I'm not 100%, but I'm certain that Beef is correct on why the game will have to "save a lot of data", which is due to moving Pokemon around in your PC. Makes sense since the first/second generation of games needed to save your game every time you switched boxes, and the third generation just took a long time to save in general.

@ Mox/Beef, Salamence is R/S/E. Tyranitar was G/S's Dragonite.

[quote name='Moxio']Yeah that's what I mean. IF Bagon is in Gold, then I'll use Salamence. Otherwise just Dragonite.

You're missing Scizor, Heracoss, and Skarmory.[/QUOTE]

...Can't believe I forgot those three, since they usually give me the biggest headaches.

I read(serebii) in one of the scan there's a 3D looking environment with Rattata clining on the top right corner...maybe a cut scene upon entering a new room/building
if that's so ..BRING IT
imagine..a Gastly/Haunter floating towards you lol

Yeah the problem is fixable by replacing the battery, but you still lose the saves. I just think my Silver saves should lasted longer than the saves I had in Dragon Warrior for the NES, not the other way around.

Some info, from Coro Coro, I believe:
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=85670
http://blogs.members.freewebs.com/Members/Blogs/viewBlogRSS.jsp?userid=26727740 (The regular blog post at this site isn't appearing, so this is the site's RSS feed)
- All 493 Pokemon can follow you around
- talk to Pokemon to see how they feel about you
- The PokeDex, Computer Boxes and your bag have gotten a new layout
- revisit Kanto to check out new locations
- You must have your "Pikachu Coloured Pichu" following you in Ilex forest to activate the Notched Eared Pichu event
- Pre-order HeartGold and get a Ho-Oh figure, pre-order SoulSilver and get a Lugia figure, pre-order both and get both figures and an Arceus one.
- Jirachi - level 5, Draco Meteor, Rest, Wish and Confusion, holding a Liechi Berry
- Kyogre appears in Heart Gold
- Groudon appears in Soul Silver
- bring the two together to get Rayquaza
- Cynthia appears in the remakes when the Arceus event is activate

bread's done
Back