Official Rock Band Thread (It's out, bitches)

I hate to say it but that video changed my mind on the game. Looks so fun.

Depending on if my friends get it for 360 or PS3, is where I'll be spending my money. If they get it for PS3, I might sell off my GH2 for 360.

Looks good.

Too bad the drum part doesn't look as good as Drummania and the 3d view has always sucked compared to the top down in the bemani series. Still, it's bringing it home like nobody else did and Konami should beat themselves over the head 1097820972590729551709 times for not doing this first.

Im getting it now, looks better than Guitar Hero 3 by far, and it has Welcome to the Jungle

I think you should add Welcome to the Jungle to the confirmed tracks list ;)

Now all we need is Crazy Train.........

[quote name='Zoglog']Looks good.

Too bad the drum part doesn't look as good as Drummania and the 3d view has always sucked compared to the top down in the bemani series. Still, it's bringing it home like nobody else did and Konami should beat themselves over the head 1097820972590729551709 times for not doing this first.[/quote]

I think Konami still has a chance.

[quote name='anomynous']Im getting it now, looks better than Guitar Hero 3 by far, and it has Welcome to the Jungle

I think you should add Welcome to the Jungle to the confirmed tracks list ;)

Now all we need is Crazy Train.........[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the Jungle isn't confirmed. Read the link a few posts up.

And Guitar Hero 3 looks great too. I'm most interested in the guitar/bass and the more songs to play the better. Rock Band does have what looks to be the more entertaining multiplayer/online play though.

Haven't you all noticed how infuriatingly boring that drum chart looks?

"But it's so realistic!"

But it's BORING.

Video is misleading. Girls do not play games, and definitely won't play next to sweaty nerds.

Is this a 360/PS3 only release? fuck you guys if I gotta get a "true" next gen system for this, but I guess I will....

[quote name='Strell']Video is misleading. Girls do not play games, and definitely won't play next to sweaty nerds.

Is this a 360/PS3 only release? fuck you guys if I gotta get a "true" next gen system for this, but I guess I will....[/QUOTE]

Well well well, you're on my turf now boi!

* break dances *

Can you handle this?

Yeah, that looks like the best thing ever.

Oh, and This>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bemani

Seriously, you're a fool if you think Drumania, Guitar Freaks, etc. is better than this.

Seriously, you're a fool if you think Drumania, Guitar Freaks, etc. is better than this.
Please, do elaborate, especially with that STUNNINGLY REALISTIC drum note chart we just saw there.

This looks like it could be a ton of fun. Like, insanely fun.

That being said, it looks like something along the lines of a boat or a swimming pool. Better to know someone how owns it (and builds a new room onto their house to set everything up) than to own it yourself.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/801/801493p1.html

New songs:
Mountain - Mississippi Queen
The Hives - Main Offender (master)
David Bowie - Suffragette City (master)
Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear the Reaper (master)

evanft, Paranoid's not a master recording.

There's a bunch of new info here, I'll paraphrase as I'm reading it (feel free to cut out the stuff that's already in the OP):

Impressions of one of the new songs: "Mississippi Queen, you truly did teach me everything."

-The Strat controller is a bit larger than the GH controller. Also feels and looks more realistic.

-The frets felt stiffer and less forgiving, but these are still prototypes.

-They're experimenting with a five way toggle switch on the controller for effects such as reverb, delay, and phase using the toggle. These are not final features, just part of the prototype controllers at the moment.

-If you've played lead guitar or bass in GH, you'll know what to expect in Rock Band.

-The vocals interface resembles Karaoke Revolution. Original/cover voice is still there, just lower in volume so you can hear yourself singing.

-When not singing, you tap (the mic?) to keep the crowd excited.

-No cowbell attachment.

-Drum kit's not as heavy duty as a real one, but they're more sturdy than you'd probably think they'd be.

-Drum kit comes with kick pedal to represent the bass drum (the wide orange bar you saw in the middle track of the video).

-"If you can play the drum parts on hard, you can pretty much play drums in real life."

Modes:
-Practice - what you've seen in GHII
-Tutorial
-Solo Career mode - playing the career with just one of the instruments
-Band World Tour - multiplayer career mode (for either offline or online)
-Quickplay mode - Just play for the fun of it.

-"MTV let us in on its plans for the various tracks -- the most impressive of which is a proposed 100+ downloadable tunes in the game's first year alone."

-Will continue to aim for getting the master tracks as much as possible.

-Choose gender, face type, hair, body shape, tattoos, signature moves, and specialized instrument.

-Avatar can do some special crowd pleasing stuff, like calling out the crowd for vocalists during freestyle opportunities or perform your own drum or guitar solos(!). These can also revive band mates who's dropped out.

-"You can even compete for a special points power-up known as "Unison Phrase" that rewards all four band members for playing perfectly. In other words, there's a lot of depth here."
Rock Band just declared checkmate. It's time for Guitar Hero's move.

I'm not to amped for this like everyone else is. I mean I will end up getting it. Maybe the fun factor of it just hasn't hit me yet. But it just doesn't seem like a game you can pick up and play like Guitar Hero. Seems like you have to make a couple phone calls, arrange for arrivals, and get everyone ready to play.

[quote name='mr ryles']I'm not to amped for this like everyone else is. I mean I will end up getting it. Maybe the fun factor of it just hasn't hit me yet. But it just doesn't seem like a game you can pick up and play like Guitar Hero. Seems like you have to make a couple phone calls, arrange for arrivals, and get everyone ready to play.[/quote]
It'll be as much a pick up and play game as Guitar Hero. You can play by yourself, invite friends over to jam, or play career mode online. You've got a wealth of options to choose.

It'll be hard to choose what instrument I want to play. I'd love to have all three at my disposal, but I'm pretty sure I'll go broke at that point.

Yeah Rock Band is really three games in one (Guitar Hero, Drum Hero, and Karaoke Hero). If you just want the guitar playing experience, I'd bet my life Rock Band's guitar mode will be deeper than Guitar Hero III. I don't think Neversoft will do as good a job as Harmonix however the Guitar Hero brand name alone means they will probably have an easier time getting more master tracks (which is also important to me).

Anyone know how many guitars that rumored $200 package includes? Would it be 1 guitar, drums, and a mic so that everyone can still use their Xplorer?

[quote name='pinoy530']Anyone know how many guitars that rumored $200 package includes? Would it be 1 guitar, drums, and a mic so that everyone can still use their Xplorer?[/QUOTE]

That is how I thought it was.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']

Rock Band just declared checkmate. It's time for Guitar Hero's move.[/QUOTE]

What move can GH make? Get mad and throw all the pieces on the floor? Checkmate is checkmate ...

[quote name='Kendro']I'd bet my life Rock Band's guitar mode will be deeper than Guitar Hero III. [/quote]
I highly doubt that.

[quote name='GF_Eric']What move can GH make? Get mad and throw all the pieces on the floor? Checkmate is checkmate ...[/QUOTE]

The only thing GH3 could really do now is have a shitload more songs or a higher quality song list than Rock Band.

[quote name='seanr1221']Anyone wondering how 4 usb accessories will work when the 360 only has 2 usb ports.[/QUOTE]
Either a USB expanding device (any of the cooling devices pretty much come with extra USB ports these days), or I believe they said somewhere that the guitar and bass are wireless...?

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Either a USB expanding device (any of the cooling devices pretty much come with extra USB ports these days), or I believe they said somewhere that the guitar and bass are wireless...?[/QUOTE]

yup wireless my friend. at least for the guitar.

[quote name='daroga']And the 360 has 3 USB ports actually. There's one hiding on the back.[/QUOTE]

Nothing shall interfere with my wireless dongle! ;)

[quote name='Strell']Neat. Reaper.

I seriously don't see how GH3 can compete anymore.[/QUOTE]

All it has to do is have different songs and it'll compete just fine. The more songs to play the better.

I'll be buying both and I probably don't need to bother buying any other videogames for awhile after that. That'll bring me up to 6 fake guitars.
talk2hand.gif

Looks like It will be alot of fun, especially with friends.
And if you ever get bored playing a instrument you can switch with your
buds for even more replayability!:hot:

To bad the interface takes like 80% of the screen. Hey, what can I say, the characters entertain me sometimes.;)

I thought of something cool earlier today: playing guitar, bass, or drums and singing at the same time. I can't help but see myself getting REALLY into this game. :D

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I thought of something cool earlier today: playing guitar, bass, or drums and singing at the same time. I can't help but see myself getting REALLY into this game. :D[/QUOTE]

All 3 at the same time?! Youtube will show the way.

Playing guitar and using the mic at the same time would be cool though. I'd build a stand for my mic though.

[quote name='Nohbdy']I think Konami still has a chance.[/QUOTE]

my ass they have a chance, Konami USA has always been half-assed about the bemani series since it's inception, even with DDR which is arguably their best success in the US. RedOctane/Harmonix have already taken the "originality" thunder even though Konami invented the genre. Too bad Konami.... serves them right though. All they had to do was a bit of localization, and it's not like they didn't do that with karaoke revolution.

Now the biggest problem here. Do I get this for the PS3 or Xbox 360... This is why multiplatform games are starting to piss me off. I'd like to pre-order but until it comes out and the reviews flow, it's impossible to decide which one to get.

Not mentioned anywhere that I saw here (or in the article) is the song that IGN was obviously playing: Rockaway Beach by The Ramones. I guess it's not confirmed yet, but clearly a possibility, given that they already included it in an early version of the game.

[quote name='Backlash']Not mentioned anywhere that I saw here (or in the article) is the song that IGN was obviously playing: Rockaway Beach by The Ramones. I guess it's not confirmed yet, but clearly a possibility, given that they already included it in an early version of the game.[/QUOTE]

Please please let it be so.

[quote name='Zoglog']my ass they have a chance, Konami USA has always been half-assed about the bemani series since it's inception[/quote]
NEWSFLASH: KONAMI JAPAN HAS BEEN MAKING MOST DDR GAMES. Only a US team has been working on Xbox didders.

even with DDR which is arguably their best success in the US. RedOctane/Harmonix have already taken the "originality" thunder even though Konami invented the genre.
All they did was add two frets and nerf most features, including the difficulty. And you know what? A little "from the hit arcades originating 10 years ago" or whatnot on the box couldn't hurt to sort out things. It doesn't matter though 'cause what's set in stone is set in stone.

The only major negatives that Konami has going for them is a songlist and songlist genres. I'm pretty sure they're putting in the effort for some licenses GH or Rock Band hasn't touched yet. I don't expect them to hash up old, terrible covers. Even if they are covers, GH has shown that nobody minds them.

Konami also has a bunch of genres that makes their game feature songs with a guitar instrument, not as a single genre. Am I doubting Konami with this? No, not really. Every GuitarFreaks has a swath of genres covered. And you know what? DDR has been doing the same thing. DDR's songlists are always 1/3rd licenses (which can vary in genre too) and 2/3rds Konami Originals. And DDR is STILL selling today and is coming out with 2 more PS2 games, 1 Wii game, 1 360 game, and 1 arcade release that's being tested on the 12th.

Anything else Konami offers is solid already. They already have a SHITTON of modifiers to make the game easier/harder to play.

I hope Konami blindsides you all on E3. They just registered trademarks for GF/DM recently here in the U.S. anyway. Hopefully the test for IIDX GOLD also goes well.

[quote name='evanft']According to a new screenshot over at Dtoid, Rockaway Beach by the Ramones is in the game.[/QUOTE]

Check two posts above yours.

Me, read posts? Pfffft!

Oh, and nohbody, just because Guitar Hero shits on Guitar Freaks from an epic height doesn't mean you have to get your pussy all sandy.

[quote name='evanft']Me, read posts? Pfffft!

Oh, and nohbody, just because Guitar Hero shits on Guitar Freaks from an epic height doesn't mean you have to get your pussy all sandy.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, you have the order of games in the wrong places.

bread's done
Back