Official Rock Band Thread (It's out, bitches)

I want the game so badly........

I also want them to confirm Welcome to the Jungle for it, and put in Crazy Train, but that is just what I hope they do

Someone should be able to put together a list of songs from the video - they scrolled through the list a bunch of times...

[quote name='javeryh']Someone should be able to put together a list of songs from the video - they scrolled through the list a bunch of times...[/quote]
Are you talking about the GameSpot video? I believe it's an old build that they are using specifically for E3, as I noticed it only has bands/songs on it that have already been confirmed; Ramones, Bon Jovi, Nirvana, Metallica, David Bowie, etc.

I'm really excited for this game, and I can't believe I'm excited to spend $200.00 on it.

^
No pricing plan yet.. but it seems like it's going to be priced that way..

Or just have two packages.. one with drums, the other without.

I don't see why they'd only have just one bundle with all of the instruments in it. It would seem obvious to model itself after GH and have bundles of the game with each of the instruments along with the band-in-a-box bundle. It'll be disappointing if that's not the case.

I'm looking to get it piecemeal. I won't buy an all-in-one box. I'm only looking to spend $50 at first to try the game out. I don't doubt Harmonix' ability, but I don't need all the Rock Band equipment, for starters.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't see why they'd only have just one bundle with all of the instruments in it. It would seem obvious to model itself after GH and have bundles of the game with each of the instruments along with the band-in-a-box bundle. It'll be disappointing if that's not the case.[/quote]
Yeah, there definitely will be different bundles. Alex Rigopolus said they are still deciding on which bundles to have out.

I want everything, as my whole family is excited. And I have a few friends who want to rock out as well. I don't really care about the guitar stuff, I'm going to bust out the drums the second I get it.

This'll work with the GH2 controller on the 360, right? If they have a set with just the game and a microphone I might get that so we can at least have some karaoke + Guitar Hero action. I'm not going to have room (or money) for the drum set for a while.

Thinking about nabbing GH3 (or asking for it for Christmas) bundle so that I could have 2 guitars. Could do that with Rockband instead I suppose. HAve to see whose hardware / pricing is better I guess.

I'm not sure, I remember them saying you can use the Guitar Hero guitars, and vice versa... but we'll have to see if that really is the case once it comes out.

[quote name='anomynous']On Amazon it says the $200 bundle on 360 includes game, drums, mic, & a WIRED guitar

wired = fail[/quote]
looks like microsoft is still not sharing their wireless protocol (or if they are, it's at a price). Since the PS3 bundle comes with a wireless, that cements it for me. I'll be getting this game on the PS3. No reason for me not to.

Links for Cheapy to get referral $$$ from:

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-Rock-Band-Collection/dp/B000TT4GBG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-1189022-6699105?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1185224402&sr=1-1

PS3
http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-Rock-Band-Collection/dp/B000TSX3TS/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/104-1189022-6699105?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1185224402&sr=1-2

I'm leaning towards 360 because of XBL and achievements, but it'd be nice to have some PS3 love, and wireless = win for me usually.

I guess Amazon will be a pretty fair place to buy (unless you're in one of the states they charge tax in), since the damn thing is $200.

[quote name='thespamofpower']looks like microsoft is still not sharing their wireless protocol (or if they are, it's at a price). Since the PS3 bundle comes with a wireless, that cements it for me. I'll be getting this game on the PS3. No reason for me not to.[/QUOTE]
but the thing is that GH3 has wireless guitars, and they do have wireless Rock Band guitars listed for 360

[quote name='anomynous']but the thing is that GH3 has wireless guitars, and they do have wireless Rock Band guitars listed for 360[/quote]
but the prices that are being set right now for the 360's wireless is something like $10-20 more. This may or may not be the final price, under the assumption that it is true, why should I pay more for the same product. Since I have both systems, it makes more sense to go with the cheaper one. There is also the off chance that the PS3 guitars will work with Guitar Hero I and II thus allowing me to get rid of my ps2 guitars. Oh and as for achievements, I really couldn't care any less about them.

[quote name='anomynous']On Amazon it says the $200 bundle on 360 includes game, drums, mic, & a WIRED guitar

wired = fail[/quote]

Everywhere else that has the bundle listed says it comes with a wireless guitar, so hopefully it's a mistake on Amazon's part.

hmmm, so even the collection kit comes with only 1 guitar? that kind of sucks...

do the PS2 GH controllers work on the ps3 yet?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']None of these retail listings are confirmed SKUs, so it's not even worth it to worry over details until EA and Harmonix announce them.[/QUOTE]

Stop being sensible, dammit!

OMG TEH GEETAaRZZ AR WEERED!!!!1!!!!W

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/28/rock-band-nirvanas-nevermind-real-venues-and-a-possible-rel/

Should you find yourself with the September issue of GamePro magazine, you'll be treated to a three page feature on Harmonix's upcoming musical juggernaut, Rock Band. At E3, downloadable albums made a huge impact with legendary rockers The Who and Metallica. Joining this prestigious bunch is Nirvana with their infamous masterwork "Nevermind," which will be made available sometime after release. According to GamePro, we should also expect to see a new, full album to download every week.

With such incredible albums, you'll need a venue in which to rock. Ditching the fictional locals of their previous work, Rock Band features 41 venues, spread across the likes of Amsterdam, Berlin, Boston, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, Moscow, New York, Paris, Seattle, San Francisco, Sydney and Tokyo, just to name a few.

So when exactly will you be teeing off neighbors with your plastic drum set? If you ask GamePro, November 6th, which would place it about a week after Guitar Hero III should you pay attention to GameStop. We've placed an inquiry with Harmonix and we'll let you know what we hear.
New album announcement, info on the venues in the game, and a possible release date.

[quote name='Richlough']What , no Detroit venues .[/quote]
That's only 13 of the 41 venues that'll be in the game. Detroit will most likely be in there.

Holy crap - the entire Nevermind???? I'll be buying that for sure. This game is going to cost me $1,000+ by the time it's all said and done...

[quote name='javeryh']Holy crap - the entire Nevermind???? I'll be buying that for sure. This game is going to cost me $1,000+ by the time it's all said and done...[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I may hold out on buying the game for starters, just to see if the DLC is released on both systems consistently. If the 360 gets the albums more frequently and sooner than PS3, then I'd be a fool to buy that one.

For our sake as consumers, I hope the albums are priced such that it makes Activision look like the overpriced bastards they are (though, realistically, we are talking about EA).

[quote name='mykevermin']Indeed. I may hold out on buying the game for starters, just to see if the DLC is released on both systems consistently. If the 360 gets the albums more frequently and sooner than PS3, then I'd be a fool to buy that one.

For our sake as consumers, I hope the albums are priced such that it makes Activision look like the overpriced bastards they are (though, realistically, we are talking about EA).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I doubt the albums will cost less than $15, which is an absolute no-no for me.

New info from IGN: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/810/810634p1.html

Key points:

- Ability to adjust volume between master track vocalist and microphone singer (good news for those with friends who can't sing)

- Microphone can be used to play cowbell as well as tambourine (Don't Fear the Reaper!)

- Weekly content downloads won't always be full albums

- Faint patterns on will be on guitar buttons to ease finger placement after playing solos

- 5-way toggle switch on guitar will only effect sound, not the way the game plays

- It's possible to play guitar and vocals at the same time

- Instead of purchasing full DLC albums, you can purchase select songs from them

- 40 Songs total on initial release (I'm guessing one for each venue)

- There are future possibilities of a mic stand, keytar peripheral, and online Battle of the Bands option

[quote name='Greetard']- Faint patterns on will be on guitar buttons to ease finger placement after playing solos[/quote]What?

- It's possible to play guitar and vocals at the same time
I was actually wondering if you could do that unofficially anyway, but it's cool that you can legitimately do it.

- There are future possibilities of a mic stand, keytar peripheral, and online Battle of the Bands option
Holy crap. Mic stand is meh, though essential if you want to play and sing, but a freakin' keytar?! Considering I actually play keytar, I'm excited!

The Hancock Theater in Boston is a bizarre choice I have to say. I've MCed an event there, and it wasn't anything special.

[quote name='Z-Saber']What?

I was actually wondering if you could do that unofficially anyway, but it's cool that you can legitimately do it.

Holy crap. Mic stand is meh, though essential if you want to play and sing, but a freakin' keytar?! Considering I actually play keytar, I'm excited![/QUOTE]

It sounded just as vague in the article, but I assume that the "patterns" are similar to the raised bumps on the "j" and "f" keys on a keyboard.

Ah, so like the the slightly raised bar on the yellow fret of the SG? That's great, because that was the only negative thing I could see about the Rock Band Strats.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Ah, so like the the slightly raised bar on the yellow fret of the SG? That's great, because that was the only negative thing I could see about the Rock Band Strats.[/QUOTE]

That damned raised bar on the guitar hero guitars tears up my ring finger, I have considered filing it off before. :bomb:

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Jesus, I'm praying so hard they somehow secure the Beatles, even though I know they probably won't. I hope they at least have Journey...[/quote]

IGN: And lastly, these are our five most wanted bands for Rock Band. How happy do you think we'll be when Rock Band ships?

1. The Beatles
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Radiohead
4. Journey
5. The Monkees (well, if we can't have The Beatles...)

LoPiccolo:
I can't really divulge any information about unannounced songs or artists, but I can say that you are not going to be either fully satisfied or totally disappointed. =)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/810/810580p3.html

[quote name='mykevermin']Sister Christian, oh the time has come

♪MOTORIN'♪

EDIT: After all that trouble, it occurs to me that I was confusing Night Ranger and Journey. Well, crap.[/quote]
:lol: Even I know that that's Sister Christian, and I know very little about music. That song was in GTA Vice City, right?

Of the five on that list, I'd say Radiohead and Journey are the most likely. Radiohead is going to be on a UK 90's Singstar (or maybe some other karaoke game) so they apparently aren't entirely opposed to stuff like this. And is Journey particularly stubborn about their music? I'm not familiar enough with them to know.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Of the five on that list, I'd say Radiohead and Journey are the most likely. Radiohead is going to be on a UK 90's Singstar (or maybe some other karaoke game) so they apparently aren't entirely opposed to stuff like this. And is Journey particularly stubborn about their music? I'm not familiar enough with them to know.[/QUOTE]

Their music gets used all over the place on TV/Film, even being spoofed, so I'd say no.

[quote name='mykevermin']Sister Christian, oh the time has come

♪MOTORIN'♪

EDIT: After all that trouble, it occurs to me that I was confusing Night Ranger and Journey. Well, crap.[/QUOTE]

Man I would jam out everytime that came on while playing Vice City. :D

[quote name='seanr1221']Radiohead *MIGHT* be in it? I'd shit my pants.[/quote]Considering I've been listening to Radiohead's entire catalog almost exclusively for the last several months, I'd love it as well. Can you even imagine OK Computer in its entirety as a download?

bread's done
Back