Official Rock Band Thread (It's out, bitches)

[quote name='Z-Saber']Considering I've been listening to Radiohead's entire catalog almost exclusively for the last several months, I'd love it as well. Can you even imagine OK Computer in its entirety as a download?[/QUOTE]

I better start practicing singing Let Down :lol:

[quote name='seanr1221']I better start practicing singing Let Down :lol:[/quote]
I always get choked up during the last two minutes of that song. :cry:

Lucky too.

There there would be a blast to play with the drums.

wait a sec... on Gamestop.com it shows that the bundle comes with a wired guitar, but they have wireless ones to buy seperate?

why not just give us the wireless guitar!

[quote name='bardockkun']Stone Temple Pilots - Vasoline has been confirmed according to PSM.[/quote]

"as made famous by" or the master track?

[quote name='javeryh']"as made famous by" or the master track?[/quote] I didn't get if it was a master or cover, but it's in the latest issue of PSM with Unreal Tournament on the cover.

RockBand.jpg

Right on the side with the track listings.

shame it's only being released in the U.S this year.

i fancy the GH 3 tracklist more atm.. but with the who album there it makes Rock Band more attractive..[shame you have to pay for it]

Coming to PS2 in 2008, and more tracks revealed.

Publisher EA also revealed ten new master tracks to be featured on Rock Band:

* "Gimme Shelter" by the Rolling Stones
* "Highway Star" by Deep Purple
* "Should I Stay or Should I Go" by The Clash
* "Epic" by Faith No More
* "Cherub Rock" by Smashing Pumpkins
* "Creep" by Radiohead
* "Sabotage" by Beastie Boys
* "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet
* "Here It Goes Again" by OK Go (We'll be playing this one on a treadmill.)
* "The Hand That Feeds" by Nine Inch Nails

You'll find a full list of confirmed songs after the break.

1960s
"Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones

1970s
"Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who
"Mississippi Queen" by Mountain (non-original recording)
"Suffragette City" by David Bowie
"Paranoid" by Black Sabbath (non-original recording)
"Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Öyster Cult
"Blitzkrieg Bop" by The Ramones
"Highway Star" by Deep Purple

1980s
"Tom Sawyer" by Rush (non-original recording)
"Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi
"Should I Stay or Should I Go" by The Clash
"Epic" by Faith No More

1990s
"Learn to Fly" by Foo Fighters
"Enter Sandman" by Metallica
"In Bloom" by Nirvana
"Vasoline" by Stone Temple Pilots
"Say It Ain't So" by Weezer
"Cherub Rock" by Smashing Pumpkins
"Creep" by Radiohead
"Sabotage" by Beastie Boys

2000s
"Main Offender" by The Hives
"Go With the Flow" by Queens of the Stone Age
"Reptilia" by The Strokes
"Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet
"Here It Goes Again" by OK Go
"The Hand That Feeds" by Nine Inch Nails

GIMMIE SHELTER!?!?!?! SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO!?!?!?!?!?! EPIC!?!?!?!?!?

*sigh* Welp, there goes $200.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/22/rock-band-to-perform-on-ps2-hits-europe-in-2008/

Of all the Radiohead songs they go with Creep? :headache:

Hopefully it will be a stepping stone.

At least we got Gimme Shelter! It's just a shot away!

[quote name='seanr1221']RADIOfuckINGHEAD YESSS YAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY

Also, is anyone a little upset some songs are the same in both GH3 and Rock Band?[/QUOTE]

I see three songs overlapping for the moment: Mississippi Queen, Paranoid, and Cherub Rock. The first two are covers so far as I can tell, so the comparison between the two will be fascinating. I can live with three songs overlapping, but if it begins to hit the 5-10 song threshold, then I'll hold off on both until reviews come in.

EDIT: It's coming to PS2 in 2008, dallow.

Hmm. There's that threshold right there. Tell me if I read right about Rock Band: it will only ship with 40 songs total, and will not have a couple dozen "extra" songs (like GH1 and 2 had, that could be unlocked).

As good as this game sounds (Gimme fuckin' Shelter!), $200 for 40 songs is a real tough call. Only twice the price, per song, of GHII DLC! :lol:

[quote name='mykevermin']Coming to PS2 in 2008, and more tracks revealed.

GIMMIE SHELTER!?!?!?! SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO!?!?!?!?!?! EPIC!?!?!?!?!?

*sigh* Welp, there goes $200.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/22/rock-band-to-perform-on-ps2-hits-europe-in-2008/[/QUOTE]

That is disappointing.

I was hoping they would add Nine Inch Nails - Last

It would have been an amazing track.

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=2d3M_3Z_LZs[/MEDIA]

I was kind of excited about it coming to PS2, but if it only has 40 songs and you have to download other stuff then totally not worth it (since you can't download with the PS2 afaik). Oh, well.

[quote name='Sporadic']That is disappointing.

It would have been an amazing track.[/QUOTE]

That song bored me to tears. The guitar and drums sound like a generic Gene Simmons-produced arena rock album (see Wendy O. Williams' solo record for evidence of that), and the chorus is pretty unspectacular. That song doesn't hold "Gimme Shelter's" schlong, IMO.

There are far better Nine Inch Nails song to use than that one. Snore.

Epic, Gimmie Shelter, Are You Gonna Be My Girl, Should I Stay or should I Go, and Hand That Feeds just stole my money.

[quote name='Sporadic']
[/QUOTE]

I was pulling for this as well, by Hand That Feeds is suitable.

CRAP! $200 for the 360 version with awesome downloadable stuff? Or budget PS2 version with drums and game only and no downloads, but for much cheaper? Also, potentially custom content?

Yeesh, this will be a tough one.

Its great that its coming to the PS2, for people who want the option but dont own a next-gen console or don't care about online multiplayer or DLC.

What is the point of online miultiplayer? For the versus/battle modes I guess?

I don't understand what would be fun about playing this game cooperatively with people who are not in the same room. Wouldn't it be better to just let the computer play the other parts for you so it plays them perfectly? Help me understand.

if they add the newport music hall in columbus i'm sold. the longest running all rock venue in the nation should probably be included in a game like this

Oh wow, I completely missed Are you Gonna Be My Girl. I was listening to that the other day and thought of how great it would be for this game too.

Don't have anything substantial to add, just commenting after watching videos from Leipzig. Had this kind of game been around when my sisters and cousins were doing almost all of our gaming together (from 1981 to 1997, all of us somewhere between elementary and college age at a given instant), I think we'd have played Rock Band a majority of the time.

The price tag is tough to swallow, but you would be rewarded many times over provided you've got 2-3 others to jam with. I was in a couple garage bands in high school simply for the thrill of jamming and everybody being on the same page at the same time. It would have been neat to share that with family via gaming, though we had our own multiplayer fun.

And I agree that on-line coop won't be that great. It's terrific that they're thinking about extending the co-op experience to online, but this is one case where I doubt that it will fit well. Everybody's got to be cramped together in the same space, knocking things over in the living room.

[quote name='HOVA uk']^
remember no online multiplayer as well..[/quote]Not excited about online multiplayer at all, hence the lack of mention in my post.

[quote name='Backlash']I guess that only works if you have a fat ps2 and hard drive though? I mean, where does it download to otherwise?[/QUOTE]

Didn't SOCOM allow you to use a thumb drive for maps?

[quote name='Backlash']What is the point of online miultiplayer? For the versus/battle modes I guess?

I don't understand what would be fun about playing this game cooperatively with people who are not in the same room. Wouldn't it be better to just let the computer play the other parts for you so it plays them perfectly? Help me understand.[/quote]

Whats the difference.. it will be slightly more fun with people in the same room, only slightly.. but online co-op is still fun..

1. Play with online friends.

2. Online leaderboards.. and the most important

3. I haven't got much friends that will come to my house to play with a plastic guitar oe sing.. believe it or not.. it's true.:)

Oh come on, online multiplayer is going to be rad.

I'm excited to jam to "Creep" with fellow CAGs, as I like Radiohead and I think it'd be hysterical to hear one of you guys singing it.

[quote name='Backlash']What is the point of online miultiplayer? For the versus/battle modes I guess?

I don't understand what would be fun about playing this game cooperatively with people who are not in the same room. Wouldn't it be better to just let the computer play the other parts for you so it plays them perfectly? Help me understand.[/QUOTE]
Not all of us have friends who game, let alone enough to fill the band. And the few friends I have that do play games don't want anything to do with this one. Online play is going to be great. I especially can't wait to play with some of you guys. My vocal stylings will be the hit of CAG!

Does anyone know if I'll be able to hook up the wonderous Rock Band drumset to my computer, to use as a "real" drumset (like an electronic drum set)? That would rule tremendously.

That video just reaffirms my fears. The bass portion of the game is basically a dumbed down version of the guitar, and the guitar part doesn't look nearly as difficult to play as it was in Guitar Hero 2. They might as well just call it "Drum Hero", because that's just about the only thing in this game that seems any fun.

Hopefully this song is the exception, not the rule.

[quote name='Greetard']That video just reaffirms my fears. The bass portion of the game is basically a dumbed down version of the guitar, and the guitar part doesn't look nearly as difficult to play as it was in Guitar Hero 2. They might as well just call it "Drum Hero", because that's just about the only thing in this game that seems any fun.

Hopefully this song is the exception, not the rule.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how the bass is with a lot of rock music. And I totally agree with you about the guitar parts. If you just listen to the songs that they have, they all seem pretty easy.

bread's done
Back